What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please alter this poll so that Monk is an option on its own. It is clear from the recently closed poll that monk is stand alone on par with paladin and druid for desireability, and that hiding it among obscure classes is hiding its true value to the community.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Please alter this poll so that Monk is an option on its own. It is clear from the recently closed poll that monk is stand alone on par with paladin and druid for desireability, and that hiding it among obscure classes is hiding its true value to the community.

I agree with this. Make a new thread if needed.

And also please make these threads actually Sticky. They need to be in the first page.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    robotdeerrobotdeer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Monk, Bard, Druid, Psion, Shaman, or Swordmage would all be lovely to play as.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cant choose, Druid, Paladin, Swordmage, Monk (in no particular order).
  • Options
    nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2014
    Any new info about upcoming class(es)? From AMA with HeyRogers or different source..
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Druid is my first choice, but a very very close second is Psion.
  • Options
    bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Runepriest! those adorable buffing machines with nice markings, they are my favorite class in D&D 4th edition now, a bit underloved in development section thou. I know it is not going to happen now but a man can dream :D
  • Options
    kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Druid or Monk for sure! A green bearded Dwarf playing a druid sounds familiar...Oo Oi

• Options
    rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Too many classes already. Polish the existing ones before introducing a new one.

If I had to choose, another healing class would be nice. We have two tanks....but HR combat are tanky just no taunts. Our roles are whacked due to classes that are able to do so much dps that healers and tanks are not necessary. Classes that can just heal themselves so no clerics necessary for pve.

All classes can give themselves regen and lifesteal. It creates cookie cutter mentality and support classes are frowned on in PVE. In PVP, it's nice to have but not necessary since people can just regen, lifesteal or combination of both. Warlocks are decent healers too but not really thought of as support classes as they can do good dps and heal which sucks if you are a cleric because you have to choose.

More defined roles are needed. No class should be able to one shot in pvp. Lifesteal and regen are nice but it does promote less balance.

Why not make it so that support classes are more useful and actually needed in the game?

My first character was a GF back when GF's couldn't hold threat. Then once people started to get this idea that only dps should be used for dungeons, it became frustrating to get into a group unless it's for Frozen Heart.

We get new stuff all the time to the point to where it's become a chore to properly digest everything. New dailies piling on top of each other so now it promotes more solo play and hours of it.

Make climbing the daily tree take less long. It's turned into monthly's. Why do I have to wait 20 hours for each thing to unlock like Epic Lol or just to climb up the Dragon campaign? That's a really long time and it adds up just so I can go run the trendy dungeon my pals want to run since not many care about Tier 2's anymore except for people with 8k gearscore that throw fits if you don't want to.

Already mentioned this, legendary dungeons for higher gearscores with good rewards.

It's become an over saturation of things to do, classes to lvl up, neglected classes in favor of new ones.

It's very frustrating to level up a new class you haven't tried before, gain progress only to find out a new one will be taking that other class's place.

All Dps dungeon runs or PVP shouldn't make things easier. It should make things tougher and be a hinderance so people will want to have support classes on their team.

Clean the existing content first. No more new classes to lvl. The current ones we have need some TLC.
  • Options
    drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited December 2014
    PALADIN for my Dragonborn, FTW!!!
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • Options
    josephdjosephd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about this:
    1) instead of a new class, how about new trees.
    A) DC get a Line that makes them a Paladin, Allows use of a sheild in offhand and a few aoe taunts.
    B)GWF/GF get a high dps light armor w/ a blood lust type component.
    c)TR get a line that allows them to become a Monk, light healing/regen and unarmod/staff/fist weapons.
    D)CW get a Psynoic tree that allows them more CC and what ever else(fireball,Icespear,something else) sorry dont know the CW/TR classes very well
    E)HR maybe have a class line(druid, maybe) that allows them to be tanky/with some healing/regen.

Sorry im just shooting in the dark on alot of things, input would be nice, as long as it is constructive.

Thanks
    Gunk
    AkA
    Joe
  • Options
    rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    josephd wrote: »
    How about this:
    1) instead of a new class, how about new trees.
    A) DC get a Line that makes them a Paladin, Allows use of a sheild in offhand and a few aoe taunts.
    B)GWF/GF get a high dps light armor w/ a blood lust type component.
    c)TR get a line that allows them to become a Monk, light healing/regen and unarmod/staff/fist weapons.
    D)CW get a Psynoic tree that allows them more CC and what ever else(fireball,Icespear,something else) sorry dont know the CW/TR classes very well
    E)HR maybe have a class line(druid, maybe) that allows them to be tanky/with some healing/regen.

Sorry im just shooting in the dark on alot of things, input would be nice, as long as it is constructive.

Thanks
    Gunk
    AkA
    Joe

I like that idea.
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Bard, Druid and Paladin should have been in the game from the start as respect to AD&D and it's creators.

If I must choose only one it would be Druid, there are two fighters, two rogue types (Blasphemous Ranger), two casters but still only one priest.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    zxorn wrote: »
    Bard, Druid and Paladin should have been in the game from the start as respect to AD&D and it's creators.

If I must choose only one it would be Druid, there are two fighters, two rogue types (Blasphemous Ranger), two casters but still only one priest.

Druid in D&D is a controller class if i am right - bard would be the secondary leader you are looking for, my info is from the 4th edition so it may have been different in earlier versions. So if you are referring to that my bad.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well Im new to this game but, I like the idea of new trees for each class, but also I want to see necromancer class with the eventlbty for you to become like a lich or something but make it where its balaced and not op aslo the option of becoming a greater vampire would be cool as well but make it like, its own class with charater visual affects that make you look differant, and with abitlys that you can turn into a dire rat wolf mist and a bat, both small and large, and also, drink blood, to heal health but the lore on the greater vampire is that one can become one by being drained by a sucumbus but unlike the other vampire types it can go out in sun light and does not have the normal weaknesses.
    Also the psion looks like a cool idea for a class, but aslo another one is a water sorcerer. with the ablity to channel and use water itself, like percy jackson but with ablitys as well to summon tenticles, and water, spouts and mini huricanes with a spell that like drowns certain foes and does damage
  • Options
    sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bard, please. I want to run around with a Warwick Guitar while looking like KISS.
  • Options
    polymemepolymeme Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Man I like the idea of a monk. But would you have artifact handwraps and prayer beads? Monks aren't equipment heavy.
    Paladin is a great idea. But you already have a healer/debuff with DC and you already have a tanky fighter in plate with the GF. Paladin would just be a mashup of those 2 and I feel like it would feel like a ripoff.
    Bard would be an amazing support class, but impossible to solo. Bards don't do so well with the actual fighting and killing.
    Druid? So what - yet another pew-pew mage? a pet class in a game that already has pets with bonuses? I can't figure out how it would slot into the current game.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Bard, please. I want to run around with a Warwick Guitar while looking like KISS.

Bard well, thats one that could be done but also, I want more magic types and like I said on my last post, I want water magic not ice, ocean powers, without the ice thing, every game does the ice I think there is only one that has like a water magic abitlys, and it is not very good, of a game with no custimization for your own charataters at all.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    hmm maybe it will be Monk
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    polymeme wrote: »
    Man I like the idea of a monk. But would you have artifact handwraps and prayer beads? Monks aren't equipment heavy.
    Paladin is a great idea. But you already have a healer/debuff with DC and you already have a tanky fighter in plate with the GF. Paladin would just be a mashup of those 2 and I feel like it would feel like a ripoff.
    Bard would be an amazing support class, but impossible to solo. Bards don't do so well with the actual fighting and killing.
    Druid? So what - yet another pew-pew mage? a pet class in a game that already has pets with bonuses? I can't figure out how it would slot into the current game.

Equipping monk is easy. Make it cloth style armour like wizard (which doesn't actually count as armour in real D&D but they used it for mage since everyone has to use some sort of armour in mmo). To compensate for less armour, give monk high deflect and evades. As for weapons, yeah give em handwraps. Its been done before, and makes much more sense than ridiculious gauntlets, claws and such.

Also paladin has lots of potential, with a potential aura ability, not to mention Forgotten realms has more paladins per square inch than any other D&D setting. Its actually sort of a crime they are not in game already.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Equipping monk is easy. Make it cloth style armour like wizard (which doesn't actually count as armour in real D&D but they used it for mage since everyone has to use some sort of armour in mmo). To compensate for less armour, give monk high deflect and evades. As for weapons, yeah give em handwraps. Its been done before, and makes much more sense than ridiculious gauntlets, claws and such.

Also paladin has lots of potential, with a potential aura ability, not to mention Forgotten realms has more paladins per square inch than any other D&D setting. Its actually sort of a crime they are not in game already.
    Paladin can be done but they already have the devote cleric which is another form of one, but the monk Im thinking more of a kug fu hands and poles master that meditates and not the church type that would be cool, as well, but making it like a hybrid between what that assasin class in daibo two was with the hand knifes and traps as well with it, without the stealth parts. druid would be nice as well if its like the one in daiblo two but with a option to become one of the werecreatures once choosen you can't change the werebeast you became, unless you do a charater reset thing. But give the main werecreatures Werewolf wererat and and werebear.
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (My Opinion on Paladin)
    I see no use to a "Paladin" in-game. The masses stated PALADIN YEAH! So all the I wanna be like everyone else people started to say Paladin as well... But think about it! What use would their be of a paladin in-game? You say it can tank? Well we got a GF already, oh wait now you say it can heal? We have a OP Cleric already in the game with OP heals. Debuffs?? Well Cleric,CW, can pull off enough debuffs that it does not matter as much, and cancel out a "Paladin's debuffs".
    Now I have no hate against the Paladin! I think its fantastic, and someday I would enjoy seeing it in-game. But do we need one right now with all these changes to the GF and DC? No we do not need a Paladin.

(My Opinion on Bard)
    This would become a major assist in the idea of "Burst heals,Team buffs/add debuffs, and combat advantage increase, etc. Neverwinter has NO real "Debuffer, Buffer" yet in the game and Ive seen in Tiamat run, when zerging the DPS is there. However there are not enough debuffs on tiamat's head themselves. A Team booster would be heavily beneficial and would remove the 5 cw teams, and full dps teams into a real team that I feel like is balanced and more fun. I see a large population of Clerics that love the class, who would equally or more enjoy the Bard.
    I cannot think of very many reasons of why a BARD would be a bad addition to Neverwinter, except that it could become like a GWF. (A lesser version of a Cleric.) Which I would hate to see happen if they came out, or the other way around a Cleric the lesser version of a Bard.

(My opinion on Warlord)
    By far is my favorite melee, and personally is MY choice for what I want to see in Neverwinter. He fits into what we need in the game. He is a melee fighter, but with a bit of a twist. You can play as a team buffer/commander/leader. You can rally your allies increasing their damage,defense,critical chance, and combat advantage. He also can put fear into the enemy with a type intimidation, decreasing their defenses. He does use a variety of weapons, a single sword, dual wield, mace, bow and arrow. BUT I know he can only use one so Id hope for Dual wield or single sword. His tab could be like a Hunter Rangers, but he switches to a "leader buffer/debuffer of adds" or into a Melee fighter some increased damage and defense etc. This will not only allow much diversity to the class but bring much to the battlefield and would be much desirable to have in a party. (Can replace, or work very well with a GWF)
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So you want to have a game with only 1 tank and healer and 10 DPS classes?
    isaintify1 wrote: »
    (My Opinion on Bard)
    This would become a major assist in the idea of "Burst heals,Team buffs/add debuffs, and combat advantage increase, etc. Neverwinter has NO real "Debuffer, Buffer" yet in the game
    Going by your logic CW, DC, GF all provide team buffs and enemy debuffs already, so a bard would be pointless.
    (My opinion on Warlord)
    By far is my favorite melee, and personally is MY choice for what I want to see in Neverwinter. He fits into what we need in the game. He is a melee fighter, but with a bit of a twist. You can play as a team buffer/commander/leader.
    So exactly what a GF is.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Never said anything of that sort.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I feel we need more support classes. They tried to provide the HR and SW with some support ability, but it just didn't work out that way in practice, (IMO). A druid and bard would fill that role better, IMO. A warlord or Paladin could fill the tank and support roles as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like how the sorcerer gets no votes, because what's the point of a damage focused caster when the CONTROL wizard's primary role, as the name implies, already is dealing damage?
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    using your logic

(My Opinion on Bard)
    This would become a major assist in the idea of "Burst heals,Team buffs/add debuffs, and combat advantage increase, etc. Neverwinter has NO real "Debuffer, Buffer" yet in the game and Ive seen in Tiamat run, when zerging the DPS is there. However there are not enough debuffs on tiamat's head themselves. A Team booster would be heavily beneficial and would remove the 5 cw teams, and full dps teams into a real team that I feel like is balanced and more fun. I see a large population of Clerics that love the class, who would equally or more enjoy the Bard.
    I cannot think of very many reasons of why a BARD would be a bad addition to Neverwinter, except that it could become like a GWF. (A lesser version of a Cleric.) Which I would hate to see happen if they came out, or the other way around a Cleric the lesser version of a Bard.
    whats the point, cleric/gf does that
    (My opinion on Warlord)
    By far is my favorite melee, and personally is MY choice for what I want to see in Neverwinter. He fits into what we need in the game. He is a melee fighter, but with a bit of a twist. You can play as a team buffer/commander/leader. You can rally your allies increasing their damage,defense,critical chance, and combat advantage. He also can put fear into the enemy with a type intimidation, decreasing their defenses. He does use a variety of weapons, a single sword, dual wield, mace, bow and arrow. BUT I know he can only use one so Id hope for Dual wield or single sword. His tab could be like a Hunter Rangers, but he switches to a "leader buffer/debuffer of adds" or into a Melee fighter some increased damage and defense etc. This will not only allow much diversity to the class but bring much to the battlefield and would be much desirable to have in a party. (Can replace, or work very well with a GWF)
    whats the point gf/gwf does tha, maybe more buff specialized gwf path

and there are different kinds of paladins, paladin could fill a role no class fills atm - melee caster dps using encounters instead of at-wills for majority of damage
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2014
    Monk for me; far and above one of my favourite classes, even if they polarise the DnD community so much (ask anyone pre-4th ed. and they're either brokenly good, or weak and a waste of time, there is no in-between). It saddens me that they fall under "other", when the less known Warlord, Shaman & Swordmage classes get their own tab.

Druid would be my next choice - not because I like them, but because there is nothing even similar to them at the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    using your logic

whats the point, cleric/gf does that

whats the point gf/gwf does tha, maybe more buff specialized gwf path

and there are different kinds of paladins, paladin could fill a role no class fills atm - melee caster dps using encounters instead of at-wills for majority of damage
    Well then whats the point of all classes compared to the CW? It can fill every single roll of all characters and all classes. The Cleric can still A. Heal B.Debuff. The Guardian Fighter can still A. Hold aggro B. Raise team powers, defense, and reduce almost all damage to allies. I never said the Warlord EXCELLS at everything and is overpowered in those areas.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

(My opinion on Warlord)

I agree with the introduction of new leader class, however i would go for runepriest considering the flavor - they do the same job, and quite similarly but the power sources are different and considering we already have 2 fighter introducing yet another martial one is kinda boring.
    If we separate classes by their power sources
    gf - martial
    gwf - martial/ maybe a little bit of primal?(they work kinda similar to barbarians)
    rogue -arcane/martial. And the way they work it seems more martial than arcane.
    wizzards - arcane
    warlocks - arcane/ maybe a hint of divinity: Its hard to tell where would demons belong to divine powers or arcane powers section.
    Rangers - martial/nature
    clerics - divine

So including another one martial character is a bit boring when other power sources are not represented.
    I would rather see a divinity or nature representative, maybe arcane. Therefore i would chose bard,runepriest or druid as the next class.
    Although it would be interesting to see a whole new source introduced in the form of shaman for primal, battlemind or monk for psionic,
This discussion has been closed.