test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• loyalbladeloyalblade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1) It has no sense to block the entrance of group of 5 people. In gauntlegrym we can enter in groups of 5 and here not? WHY??????
    2) The limit of 10k gs is RIDICULOUS!!! Raise the limit AT LEAST at 16k. I can't to see 10-11-12k people in Tiamat, they are USELESS and they cause always fail.
    3) Many people jump repeatly between istances. They try to find a decent instance in order to steal other work (and leave withouth enough power thier original instance). Stop him. Block the possibility to change instance when the fight start.
    4) A lot of instance are bugged. Red/white head often missing or the shield does not disappear when clerics are full

Tiamat is absolutly the worst event ever seen in this game.
    Is pure ****.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd like to see the ability to change instances removed. Too many people give up on "lost causes" that it dooms groups from the beginning.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I'd like to see the ability to change instances removed. Too many people give up on "lost causes" that it dooms groups from the beginning.

Blame Cryptic for that.

I, personally, refuse to waste my talents on an instance that's clearly full of pugs that aren't coordinated from the get-go.

Call it being pompous; I doubt I am the only one who feels this way.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    right now we cant even get hoard reclamation rewards to tier2....

I've been in a few tiamat battles that didn't even have tier 1 today. And I haven't seen lvl 3 or 4 since day 2. Lol. This is a disaster.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    I've been in a few tiamat battles that didn't even have tier 1 today. And I haven't seen lvl 3 or 4 since day 2. Lol. This is a disaster.

No one is going to waste their points on something that bugs out 25% of the time.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, this is turning into a disaster real quickly, all the problems this has, winning but the "contest" that rewards favor doesn't end, heads bugging out and disappearing (meaning the instance loses no matter what). The lightning breath attack seems to have no tell most of the time and it's damage is dam right unsurvivable by basically anybody. Then we have the hoard reclamation tiers threshold fiasco which clearly needs to be lowered by about 90%. The utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this chest's loot pool is simply ridiculous, you've ruined any reason to run T2 dungeons with this, it only drops the boon book you need 30 or 50 fackin favors to even use (I assumed all of them would be on the table...).

This thing just has so many issues, it should never have gone live in this condition...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoukizouzzoukizouz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've actually seen a 9k6 SW enter today, who insulted me in portuguese when i pointed out she was a bit low for the event :D
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zoukizouz wrote: »
    I've actually seen a 9k6 SW enter today, who insulted me in portuguese when i pointed out she was a bit low for the event :D

I don't get how they can hope to survive. My 24k HR has about 5300 defense, 34k HP, >2k regen, and a full potion slot of distilled major healing potions (the ones you get from a legendary Aurora's Catalog). One swipe from a legion devil, if he gets a good hit, can take over 10k HP away. I'm careful to not over-aggro, but often they're unavoidable. I can't see a 10k lasting long without burning up life stones like crazy. Thia is built specifically for maximum tankiness but it might as well be paper against some of those swords! By comparison, when a head bites her, I don't even worry about it. Her regen heals it almost instantly. Those legion devils are murder, though, and there are a whole lot of them!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    uhh.. can the community leaders start a poll or something.

I really think that the WoD and ToT instance would need a requirement of 14k GS.

Here are my reasons:

1. bots getting purple gear from Dread Ring / Sharandar / IWD campaign can easily achieve 12-13k GS and start botting in WoD / ToT. Yes it is a good thing that certain equipment / materials have been made easily accessible and widely available to everyone but the economy should be for the players and by the players.

2. players that flood to WoD / ToT has missed out on the storyline and more importantly, not learning the skills necessary when they skipped the learning curve while going through the content of previous mods.

3. these players affiliated with point 2. are not contributing to what they should:- killing Rothe Valley dragons. queueing for T2 dungeons etc. which causes a huge gap and lack of support for those who are going through the full content of Neverwinter.

4. more often than not, these are the players who complain and whine, and send nasty emails to you.

Unless there is a new mod coming very soon. I don't see any better reason not to implement the 14k GS cap.
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    reds351 wrote: »
    No one is going to waste their points on something that bugs out 25% of the time.

yup...pugs and bugs
    not worth to spend the coins and coffers unless devs fix this disaster
    edited December 2014
    Can devs post the success rate of tiamat??:p
  • buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    !. HigHer S Requirement... ITs not likely fair a Newly 60 with free coin mount goes in wouldnt be a burden. Suggestion of 15 k atleast to enter....

2. Preformed and LArger parties... It will make the guild system achievement really better... Imagine a full guild enters with 25 ish players... Makes players stay longer coz they excel together...Not lke 5 LEet players getting parties and the rest are chump change /LFG spams.

3. still hoard coffers are hard to get. Its ICD if even worse than hoard enchant fey blessng tymora... MOre than 2 mins .

4. PArty HE encounter farming... Coffers should be turn based looted in the party... I hate to see range people dont get coffers coz they are to far away from adds...

5. Salvage and mail area in WELL area... It hard enough to go around farming hoard coins but to sell coz your bag is full it destroys the momentum of a action pack run the least.

6. Increase and stable hoard coin rewards... ON small HE with great success it drops 3 coins.. w/c is supposedly be always 5... With medium encounters it 5 again. w/c i rather farm 3=4 Small HE... NOt to mention Even with great success soloing HE Doesnt give much of a reward..
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Hold on there.

Let's wait and see Cryptic actually implement a working queue system where it is easy enough to queue as a 25-man group first before we start suggesting that.
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I won't be doing Tiamat anymore at least until the bugs are fixed. I could cope with no premades and the Hoard Reclamation being brokenly designed, but not getting a reward for completion and a sure win being stopped by the Cleric bug is just too much frustration for me to handle. Ideally, this all gets fixed and Tiamat can be a fun thing that's worth doing but right now it's pretty much neither.

A Tiamat GS requirement would also be nice, but I think it'd be worth starting it out at 13k and see if that improves the overall group quality enough.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This HE is perfect for this community - it forces the self-absorbed narcissistic "elite" players to rub shoulders with the "10k scrubs" in order to accomplish a shared objective.

Which is how it ought to be, IMO. Tiamat is such a grave threat to the realm that it requires everyone to work together in order to stop this threat, even if it means working with people that you would sooner spit on instead.

And I agree with ironzerg. Get rid of the instance switching ability for the Tiamat HE, like in Icewind Dale. Too many people give up and just ruin it for everyone else. And not surprisingly, the first to give up are the "elite" players.

Here's something to think about. If you are one of the more experienced players and you are in a team where things aren't going so well, instead of just giving up, why not guide your teammates into proper tactics and strategy for this fight? And by "guide" I don't mean "shout orders at the lowly scrubs".
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Here's something to think about. If you are one of the more experienced players and you are in a team where things aren't going so well, instead of just giving up, why not guide your teammates into proper tactics and strategy for this fight? And by "guide" I don't mean "shout orders at the lowly scrubs".

If pugs are unable to understand to fight on node in PVP, I doubt you can "guide" them to follow the raid tactics posted on these forums.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    guide? what guide do you think we can offer? to people that only wait at the entrance to Tiamat ground and until gate is open they browsering internet or whatever doing? we are not at school
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People calling for 15k GS limit to Tiamat or even WoD itself are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. There is zero chance of Cryptic so severely limiting participation in what's intended to be flagship content. And in the case of WoD it's completely unnecessary - all WoD content can be completed with a much lower GS.

Fix the bugs and other issues first, THEN assess an appropriate GS entry limit.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited December 2014
    People calling for 15k GS limit to Tiamat or even WoD itself are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. There is zero chance of Cryptic so severely limiting participation in what's intended to be flagship content. And in the case of WoD it's completely unnecessary - all WoD content can be completed with a much lower GS.

Fix the bugs and other issues first, THEN assess an appropriate GS entry limit.

IWD 10k gs with boons 3..........
    WOD 10k gs..........great:)
  • master4evermaster4ever Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TEMPLE OF TIAMAT

Awesome project but bad results. My suggestions:

1) TOT should be an elite raid. Raise GS needed to enter it. We are facing an evil goddess, not one simple villain!
    If you want to mantain the 10kGS limit and the current "random chance" of success, then skip the 3 mins briefing & organization part. People do what they want to do, not what they should. No one cares about colored pillars and few use "say" chat instead of "zone" chat. It's a mess and a waste of time. It would be the same and faster if people who enter the temple were automatically and random assigned to a color group.

2) Since I think that fun "belongs" to everyone, not only 15k+ GS players, I suggest to create a no-Epic version of Tiamat Raid for 10k-14k players (as we have for others DD). Instead of fighting the REAL evil goddess, they should fight some kind of "ASPECT or AVATAR". Same encounter and mechanics. Just a little bit easier. You know how to do it :D

3) The idea of getting a random buff before entering the temple is interesting but too much expensive. That amount of resources need time to be gathered and, for that reason, players don't spend it easily. Look at % value just before TOT time. After the very first raid I saw it always between 9% and 18%. Then, low resources needed for it or remove it completely.

P.S.: think about the idea of creating a "new Epic version" of the previous dungeons for players of 15k+ GS. I mean even Cloack Tower, Craigmire, etc. It would be a way to play old maps with new enthusiams and fun. Rewards? Well, it's up to you. :D
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really don't want a 15k GS min. I like to play with friends...

I have observed a 12k GS is easily obtained, but 13k GS requires some boons, AD or GS chasing.

I would support 12k, but not 13k.

10k seems a little low. That is down in "I haven't bothered to use rank 5s and I wear blues" land. I don't know that exactly, but in my experience 10k is pretty much: just got this character to 60 bro. Sup!
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This may seem to be premature to say this, but have the developers thought about the long term problems that Tiamat has ? They can fix all the problems mentioned here, they can add a queuing system, have a high gs limit etc, but what will happen when all the high gs players have gotten all their linus and moved on ? If Icewind Dale or some of those dragon encounters are any indicator, Tiamat will in a few months become a ghost town, and unlike those, with Tiamat you really need to do it to get your boons, grinding the slow non Tiamat way to get those linus is just too much for most.
  • palkodiumpalkodium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope the tiamant will say this ways as it is with unable to go in with premades. If they change this it will turn to big guild's sure ad farming place with no challenge.
    I also agree about the GS limit to go in is bit low 10k mage can do CC during the cleric phase, but thats all about it, 0 damage on dragon and gets one shotted by adds.

Tiamant is finally a encounter which you need to do more than just use encounter spells when they are out from cooldown and sometimes mouse buttom 1. Its first encounters where you need to use brain+communicate (yeah I know everyone is not talking or understanding english) to get groups for head, help clerics in side where help is needed and help to kill ALSO other heads if they have problems on damage.
    Some ppl seems anyways thinking that "Im on x head's party meaning I will ONLY stay on it." or " Im x head's party but I will be only in y head"

Just rise up a bit of the GS limit and fix bugs which are on the encounter and all is good to go.
    edited December 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    I really don't want a 15k GS min. I like to play with friends...

Everybody wants to play with friends but that is not a good reason to trasnform a 25 epic raid into a mess. I have 2 toons over 15k and 2 under it.
    I have observed a 12k GS is easily obtained, but 13k GS requires some boons, AD or GS chasing.

I would support 12k, but not 13k.

10k seems a little low. That is down in "I haven't bothered to use rank 5s and I wear blues" land. I don't know that exactly, but in my experience 10k is pretty much: just got this character to 60 bro. Sup!

Mate, do u realize that entering the temple you are going to fight a goddess? Do you think final bosses of Castle Malabog or Validra's Tower or Castle Never are on the same level? I don't think so. Improve your character and THEN, only then, fight aganist a god!
    edited December 2014

Mate, do u realize that entering the temple you are going to fight a goddess? Do you think final bosses of Castle Malabog or Validra's Tower or Castle Never are on the same level? I don't think so. Improve your character and THEN, only then, fight aganist a god!

That just turns GS into a gate whereas it is not necessary. I went 3 of 4 on saturday so it is not like I feel like the raid is unwinnable. Right now if everyone had 15k GS and tried the current raid would be darn near trivial. Part of the reason it feels like you need 15k is the fact that you have to carry people less than 15k. You take away the carry and you got a trivial raid.

That is before people with decent gear scores can pre-group. After pre-grouping and bringing uber friends carrying a raid will get a lot more trivial, and the only thing actually making the raid feel hard will be the fact that some people are under 15k.

Someone pointed out I checked and saw X people with 10k GS. On my 3 of 4 saturday night I checked and saw a lot of people with 20k GS. If everyone had exactly 15k GS then maybe it would be "moderately difficult", but in reality you inspect around and you will see people with uber GS and they are counter balancing the 10k.

As for the roleplaying argument. Did you watch Middle Earth movies? I saw plenty of peons fighting with Gandalf and the fellowship. The 10k represent the soldiers =)~
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For me, entry requirements are fine and the lack of pre-mades is also fine.

I have yet to win that fight. At first, it was due to a completely shambolic mob who had no idea what to do. As the weekend progressed we started to see a bit more coordination. You'll never get a fully organised fight but its surprising what you can achieve with just a handful of clued-up people. By the end of yesterday I'd had a couple of very close failures, one due to the bug where the dragons just did not spawn after a cleric "round" and the other because the frame rate dropped to unusable, not so much "frames per second" as "seconds per frame".

So I'm loving it. Devs, fix the bugs if you can but don't go changing anything else. The randomness of pugs is a perfect antidote to the dourness of pre-made elite groups. And it's not like we *need* to win that one every time.
    edited December 2014
    Someone pointed out I checked and saw X people with 10k GS. On my 3 of 4 saturday night I checked and saw a lot of people with 20k GS. If everyone had exactly 15k GS then maybe it would be "moderately difficult", but in reality you inspect around and you will see people with uber GS and they are counter balancing the 10k.

Well, so, let ppl with 10gsK play this alone and let'see how all this finish. The fact that there are some 20k+ GS on group does not mean that the enconter is balanced. Means only that someone is usefull and someone else is not.

Btw, as I wrote before, I think that FUN BELONGS TO EVERYONE but if u project such a raid, you have to think about an EPIC project not a mess. They should create a NON-EPIC version of the enconter for <14k ppl and let them have fun killing Tiamat (as it happens for others dungeons, for istance).

As for the roleplaying argument. Did you watch Middle Earth movies? I saw plenty of peons fighting with Gandalf and the fellowship. The 10k represent the soldiers =)~

Yeah, I watched all. Great movies! :D
    Of course, peons are important but devs created the raid this way so for me 25 ppl can not represent an army but rather a GROUP OF ELITE AND CHOSEN SOLDIERS!
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This may seem to be premature to say this, but have the developers thought about the long term problems that Tiamat has ? They can fix all the problems mentioned here, they can add a queuing system, have a high gs limit etc, but what will happen when all the high gs players have gotten all their linus and moved on ? If Icewind Dale or some of those dragon encounters are any indicator, Tiamat will in a few months become a ghost town, and unlike those, with Tiamat you really need to do it to get your boons, grinding the slow non Tiamat way to get those linus is just too much for most.

This is one of the mainproblems in this game. And also, who will farm linus favors to get offhand and the last two boons on more than one char? Probably nobody or a handful of extremely dedicated players.

I got my offhand and like 15 favors for the boon, and I grinded my *** off for two days now.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would be nice if they could fix the bugs, raise GS requirements and allow premade ques.

To all the ppl QQing about a GS cap. You are not able to finish this encounter. Why do you think, that you are entiteled to other ppl doing the work for you. Your posts read like, 'others can gear up and do the work, I am the challange for you'. Guess what, I geared up, to make the game easier for ME, not to carry someone who cant be bothered to gear up. This is endcontent atm. In what game do you play endcontent with a fresh max level char?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited December 2014
    "In what game do you play endcontent with a fresh max level char?"

Soo... there is a difference between "can't get in" and "can't carry your position". That is the fundamental problem here.

I have been a part of a serving leading raid guild in Everquest. One thing we could always do is get anyone we wanted into a raid. Sometimes there were key issues, but if you were uber you could handle keys for other people. What really bugs the heck out of me in NW is the gear score gates because even while I was a top player in Everquest, I could always do stuff with my friends.

So the answer to your question is: almost every "hardcore game". The answer you were looking for is "who lets you", but you asked "what game lets you". Different question.

In this game, I go to a friend invite your son lets do eLoL. Oh no... son's character doesn't have GS for it.

In everquest it was lets go do uber group thing 01. Does it matter if son's character has no HP? Naw that is up to us.

So there is a difference between gear score GATES and gear score RECOMMENDED.

BTW if we are considering larger topics: if you queue as 5 for eLoL there should be 0 GS requirement imo. No point. The 5 know the challenge and have accepted it. The gate is unnecessary, but in Tiamat I get it, but in general your point isn't as valid as you think.

Name a hardcore game that checks your gear score before it lets you in to endgame content besides Neverwinter?
This discussion has been closed.