test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    aspen1979aspen1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 64
    edited December 2014
    I'D rather lose then win 4 in a row and not get any kind of reward....
    How many months testing this?
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    right now we cant even get hoard reclamation rewards to tier2....
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »

That is because it does not make sense to put treasure into the Reclaim mission until you have a better chance at a completion. People are holding back until they feel more confident of a win.

Also, the sheer number of turn in required to get a reasonable level is pretty insane. They should look into dropping the requirements for the turn in quest.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tiamat really needs to have the GS requirement increased, or the stats of lower GS members boosted when they join.
    Better yet, let us preform teams.
    I have only had 2 successful runs so far...which is pretty sad.
    I parsed the logs on the last run....
    My team consisted of a 10k player a 13k player a 16k player a 18k player & a 20k player. There were quite a few 10k players in the instance as in other teams as well.
    DPS (for the entire fight including running back and forth time) ranged from over 20k/sec down to 2k/sec with damage spikes of over 100k/sec from some players while others are spiking at well under 20k.

2 of the dragon heads were still near half health at the end of that run...

Oh yea..almost forgot...LAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGG...seriously there are points in the fight where you just spam your encounter buttons & hope they go off and you don't die since it lags so bad you can't do anything.
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm in the minority here, but I rather like the format. I live overseas in a different time zone and that makes it difficult for me to hook up with guild members. And what little interaction I have has not always been very pleasant. Always some power tripping alpha wanna be who thinks the only way is his way. And I get in trouble when I don't toe the line. The way I see it, cliques already enjoy too big an advantage over us lone wolfs. Cliques of high gear score snobs doing multiple runs pile up the astral diamonds, which in turn allow them to up their gear score. Feels like the only way to do well in this game is to either pay big money on lock boxes, or else put up with nonsense that I thought I had put behind me in high school.

I do not think that Tiamat is nearly the disaster some make it out to be. The lag for me is no worse than for other events. The few times I've joined it WAS chaotic, and we failed miserably, but I still got some pretty decent consolation prizes. Much the same as I get in other encounters. I imagine that when players get a better idea what to expect that the win rate will go up considerably. Really pretty simple. Black and white for low GS players. Final round kill outer heads and then move inwards to green and red.
  • Options
    icyphishyicyphishy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have beaten Tiamat over 10+ times over the weekend (got 14 Lius' favor now), our instance usually consist of about 15~20/25 players around 18~23k GS, and we normally manage to beat the dragon queen about 15 mins into the fight.

For those fail instance I notice 2 things.

1. Dragon Head bugged, not showing up at the platform or Clerics bugged, not regenerating the bar (no mobs spawn too)

Two things.

- GS requirement is FINE, and I actually encourage staying the way it is as it allows more players to enjoy the event. ONLY IF we get 5~10 more minutes in the fight, this would give the low GS groups more chance challenging the Tiamat encounter.

- If the above is not possible, then like what many others have expected, the average GS limit needs to be adjusted to approximately 15k+. In one of the games a group of 5 of us have taken care of 2 dragon heads (black/green) and downed both heads down to 10% or so in 2 turns, but the rest of the 20 players could not manage to bring the other 3 heads down to even half... the cleric's part was okay as it did not take too long, so its really just about the DPS capability they have....
  • Options
    baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If there is one goal that Cryptic/Perfect World has met with the Rise of Tiamat is fostering the animosity amongst the player base.

The moment I saw the countdown to Tiamat's arrival, I instantly thought:

"They're shooting themselves in the foot with a deadline."

I mean, I can't blame the devs entirely for pushing a half-finished product with all sorts of bugs (just look at when the government healthcare website went up and how it was plagued with many issues). Higher management may have lacked the acumen to understand these projects take time and wanted to rake in money with the release of this encounter as soon as possible with holidays and all around the corner.

The encounter needs to be fixed:

• Allow pre-assembled parties to queue in together.

• Reduce the frame rate lag.

• Apply a GS limit (And I concur, GS isn't everything, but it shows a level of investment).

• Reduce Hoard amount needed. Everyone's being ultra-conservative and I can't blame them as its a gamble as to whether your instance will succeed/fail.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • Options
    loyalbladeloyalblade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1) It has no sense to block the entrance of group of 5 people. In gauntlegrym we can enter in groups of 5 and here not? WHY??????
    2) The limit of 10k gs is RIDICULOUS!!! Raise the limit AT LEAST at 16k. I can't to see 10-11-12k people in Tiamat, they are USELESS and they cause always fail.
    3) Many people jump repeatly between istances. They try to find a decent instance in order to steal other work (and leave withouth enough power thier original instance). Stop him. Block the possibility to change instance when the fight start.
    4) A lot of instance are bugged. Red/white head often missing or the shield does not disappear when clerics are full

Tiamat is absolutly the worst event ever seen in this game.
    Is pure ****.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd like to see the ability to change instances removed. Too many people give up on "lost causes" that it dooms groups from the beginning.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I'd like to see the ability to change instances removed. Too many people give up on "lost causes" that it dooms groups from the beginning.

Blame Cryptic for that.

I, personally, refuse to waste my talents on an instance that's clearly full of pugs that aren't coordinated from the get-go.

Call it being pompous; I doubt I am the only one who feels this way.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »

I've been in a few tiamat battles that didn't even have tier 1 today. And I haven't seen lvl 3 or 4 since day 2. Lol. This is a disaster.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    I've been in a few tiamat battles that didn't even have tier 1 today. And I haven't seen lvl 3 or 4 since day 2. Lol. This is a disaster.

No one is going to waste their points on something that bugs out 25% of the time.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, this is turning into a disaster real quickly, all the problems this has, winning but the "contest" that rewards favor doesn't end, heads bugging out and disappearing (meaning the instance loses no matter what). The lightning breath attack seems to have no tell most of the time and it's damage is dam right unsurvivable by basically anybody. Then we have the hoard reclamation tiers threshold fiasco which clearly needs to be lowered by about 90%. The utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this chest's loot pool is simply ridiculous, you've ruined any reason to run T2 dungeons with this, it only drops the boon book you need 30 or 50 fackin favors to even use (I assumed all of them would be on the table...).

This thing just has so many issues, it should never have gone live in this condition...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zoukizouzzoukizouz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've actually seen a 9k6 SW enter today, who insulted me in portuguese when i pointed out she was a bit low for the event :D
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zoukizouz wrote: »
    I've actually seen a 9k6 SW enter today, who insulted me in portuguese when i pointed out she was a bit low for the event :D

I don't get how they can hope to survive. My 24k HR has about 5300 defense, 34k HP, >2k regen, and a full potion slot of distilled major healing potions (the ones you get from a legendary Aurora's Catalog). One swipe from a legion devil, if he gets a good hit, can take over 10k HP away. I'm careful to not over-aggro, but often they're unavoidable. I can't see a 10k lasting long without burning up life stones like crazy. Thia is built specifically for maximum tankiness but it might as well be paper against some of those swords! By comparison, when a head bites her, I don't even worry about it. Her regen heals it almost instantly. Those legion devils are murder, though, and there are a whole lot of them!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    uhh.. can the community leaders start a poll or something.

I really think that the WoD and ToT instance would need a requirement of 14k GS.

Here are my reasons:

1. bots getting purple gear from Dread Ring / Sharandar / IWD campaign can easily achieve 12-13k GS and start botting in WoD / ToT. Yes it is a good thing that certain equipment / materials have been made easily accessible and widely available to everyone but the economy should be for the players and by the players.

2. players that flood to WoD / ToT has missed out on the storyline and more importantly, not learning the skills necessary when they skipped the learning curve while going through the content of previous mods.

3. these players affiliated with point 2. are not contributing to what they should:- killing Rothe Valley dragons. queueing for T2 dungeons etc. which causes a huge gap and lack of support for those who are going through the full content of Neverwinter.

4. more often than not, these are the players who complain and whine, and send nasty emails to you.

Unless there is a new mod coming very soon. I don't see any better reason not to implement the 14k GS cap.
  • Options
    laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    reds351 wrote: »
    No one is going to waste their points on something that bugs out 25% of the time.

yup...pugs and bugs
    not worth to spend the coins and coffers unless devs fix this disaster
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Can devs post the success rate of tiamat??:p
  • Options
    buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    !. HigHer S Requirement... ITs not likely fair a Newly 60 with free coin mount goes in wouldnt be a burden. Suggestion of 15 k atleast to enter....

2. Preformed and LArger parties... It will make the guild system achievement really better... Imagine a full guild enters with 25 ish players... Makes players stay longer coz they excel together...Not lke 5 LEet players getting parties and the rest are chump change /LFG spams.

3. still hoard coffers are hard to get. Its ICD if even worse than hoard enchant fey blessng tymora... MOre than 2 mins .

4. PArty HE encounter farming... Coffers should be turn based looted in the party... I hate to see range people dont get coffers coz they are to far away from adds...

5. Salvage and mail area in WELL area... It hard enough to go around farming hoard coins but to sell coz your bag is full it destroys the momentum of a action pack run the least.

6. Increase and stable hoard coin rewards... ON small HE with great success it drops 3 coins.. w/c is supposedly be always 5... With medium encounters it 5 again. w/c i rather farm 3=4 Small HE... NOt to mention Even with great success soloing HE Doesnt give much of a reward..
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Hold on there.

Let's wait and see Cryptic actually implement a working queue system where it is easy enough to queue as a 25-man group first before we start suggesting that.
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I won't be doing Tiamat anymore at least until the bugs are fixed. I could cope with no premades and the Hoard Reclamation being brokenly designed, but not getting a reward for completion and a sure win being stopped by the Cleric bug is just too much frustration for me to handle. Ideally, this all gets fixed and Tiamat can be a fun thing that's worth doing but right now it's pretty much neither.

A Tiamat GS requirement would also be nice, but I think it'd be worth starting it out at 13k and see if that improves the overall group quality enough.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This HE is perfect for this community - it forces the self-absorbed narcissistic "elite" players to rub shoulders with the "10k scrubs" in order to accomplish a shared objective.

Which is how it ought to be, IMO. Tiamat is such a grave threat to the realm that it requires everyone to work together in order to stop this threat, even if it means working with people that you would sooner spit on instead.

And I agree with ironzerg. Get rid of the instance switching ability for the Tiamat HE, like in Icewind Dale. Too many people give up and just ruin it for everyone else. And not surprisingly, the first to give up are the "elite" players.

Here's something to think about. If you are one of the more experienced players and you are in a team where things aren't going so well, instead of just giving up, why not guide your teammates into proper tactics and strategy for this fight? And by "guide" I don't mean "shout orders at the lowly scrubs".
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Here's something to think about. If you are one of the more experienced players and you are in a team where things aren't going so well, instead of just giving up, why not guide your teammates into proper tactics and strategy for this fight? And by "guide" I don't mean "shout orders at the lowly scrubs".

If pugs are unable to understand to fight on node in PVP, I doubt you can "guide" them to follow the raid tactics posted on these forums.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    guide? what guide do you think we can offer? to people that only wait at the entrance to Tiamat ground and until gate is open they browsering internet or whatever doing? we are not at school
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People calling for 15k GS limit to Tiamat or even WoD itself are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. There is zero chance of Cryptic so severely limiting participation in what's intended to be flagship content. And in the case of WoD it's completely unnecessary - all WoD content can be completed with a much lower GS.

Fix the bugs and other issues first, THEN assess an appropriate GS entry limit.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    People calling for 15k GS limit to Tiamat or even WoD itself are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. There is zero chance of Cryptic so severely limiting participation in what's intended to be flagship content. And in the case of WoD it's completely unnecessary - all WoD content can be completed with a much lower GS.

Fix the bugs and other issues first, THEN assess an appropriate GS entry limit.

IWD 10k gs with boons 3..........
    WOD 10k gs..........great:)
  • Options
    master4evermaster4ever Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TEMPLE OF TIAMAT

Awesome project but bad results. My suggestions:

1) TOT should be an elite raid. Raise GS needed to enter it. We are facing an evil goddess, not one simple villain!
    If you want to mantain the 10kGS limit and the current "random chance" of success, then skip the 3 mins briefing & organization part. People do what they want to do, not what they should. No one cares about colored pillars and few use "say" chat instead of "zone" chat. It's a mess and a waste of time. It would be the same and faster if people who enter the temple were automatically and random assigned to a color group.

2) Since I think that fun "belongs" to everyone, not only 15k+ GS players, I suggest to create a no-Epic version of Tiamat Raid for 10k-14k players (as we have for others DD). Instead of fighting the REAL evil goddess, they should fight some kind of "ASPECT or AVATAR". Same encounter and mechanics. Just a little bit easier. You know how to do it :D

3) The idea of getting a random buff before entering the temple is interesting but too much expensive. That amount of resources need time to be gathered and, for that reason, players don't spend it easily. Look at % value just before TOT time. After the very first raid I saw it always between 9% and 18%. Then, low resources needed for it or remove it completely.

P.S.: think about the idea of creating a "new Epic version" of the previous dungeons for players of 15k+ GS. I mean even Cloack Tower, Craigmire, etc. It would be a way to play old maps with new enthusiams and fun. Rewards? Well, it's up to you. :D
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really don't want a 15k GS min. I like to play with friends...

I have observed a 12k GS is easily obtained, but 13k GS requires some boons, AD or GS chasing.

I would support 12k, but not 13k.

10k seems a little low. That is down in "I haven't bothered to use rank 5s and I wear blues" land. I don't know that exactly, but in my experience 10k is pretty much: just got this character to 60 bro. Sup!
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This may seem to be premature to say this, but have the developers thought about the long term problems that Tiamat has ? They can fix all the problems mentioned here, they can add a queuing system, have a high gs limit etc, but what will happen when all the high gs players have gotten all their linus and moved on ? If Icewind Dale or some of those dragon encounters are any indicator, Tiamat will in a few months become a ghost town, and unlike those, with Tiamat you really need to do it to get your boons, grinding the slow non Tiamat way to get those linus is just too much for most.
  • Options
    palkodiumpalkodium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope the tiamant will say this ways as it is with unable to go in with premades. If they change this it will turn to big guild's sure ad farming place with no challenge.
    I also agree about the GS limit to go in is bit low 10k mage can do CC during the cleric phase, but thats all about it, 0 damage on dragon and gets one shotted by adds.

Tiamant is finally a encounter which you need to do more than just use encounter spells when they are out from cooldown and sometimes mouse buttom 1. Its first encounters where you need to use brain+communicate (yeah I know everyone is not talking or understanding english) to get groups for head, help clerics in side where help is needed and help to kill ALSO other heads if they have problems on damage.
    Some ppl seems anyways thinking that "Im on x head's party meaning I will ONLY stay on it." or " Im x head's party but I will be only in y head"

Just rise up a bit of the GS limit and fix bugs which are on the encounter and all is good to go.
This discussion has been closed.