Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    the guy here has right.
    ZERG:

1) it stacks debuff amplifying pugs damages to reasonable levels.
    2) it s not hard to zerg so it needs little to zero communication.

enter tiamat and start typing "YOLOOO ZERG" ... people will be happy

I find that zerg is a petty good strategy for a 25 ppl group mixing with 12k to 20k+ gs
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Only problem with the zerg is communicating that this is what you are doing. Last night several people were spamming "Zerg" in the say window but others were still forming groups. So we had a sort of half zerg thing. And we all know what happens when you go off half-cocked in the harder missions lol.

Despite that, I would not like to see pre-made groups being allowed in. It would just promote the elitism, GS snobbery and kicking that we see in so many parts of the game. Keep the randomness, I say.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    henry404 wrote: »
    Despite that, I would not like to see pre-made groups being allowed in. It would just promote the elitism, GS snobbery and kicking that we see in so many parts of the game. Keep the randomness, I say.

Yeah it sucks to be able to play with friends in a social game. Especially when you want coordination which thankfully has improved in pugs.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Now it's getting confusing.

That's because some instances are bugged. The event is not resetting, so whether you win or lose, you won't get a reward. You will get a linu's favor for beating Tiamat when the event is properly reset.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Always remember - YOU are a pug to somebody else not in your guild, or group of friends.

What has been helping with this dungeon is:

- grouping by the different color fires for forming parties
    - willingness to go to a diffferent head IF one party is massively failing to do damage
    - rezzing anyone you can that falls
    - keeping in mind individual damage is not most important, overall damage is
    - use the dragon soul, and press TAB enough
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    - rezzing anyone you can that falls

A waste of time. The campfire run is short, and people die rezzing, it's a very poor idea, and bad tactics.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Reading the posts, there are different opinions on what the right strat is. Some ppl say to zerg one head at a time, some ppl say one group on each head, some ppl say it's just a matter of DPS, some ppl say whatever strat will fail because of all the bugs and glitches.

So fair, I'd say that "how to play" this skirmish is still unclear.

How's it unclear? It's rather simple. If you check the instance numbers and see that you have 19 players overall in the instance, don't go 5/5 man teams, it's dead-end and it's impossible to do it. You'll end up with one team going around, helping others, and that's a no-go.

If you're going to change the instance - DON'T. Tell your pals, boyfriends, girlfriends, waifu or whatever that you'll remain in the instance and actually team-up. SPAM that SAY chat until you get PT.

Don't go as a Cold Damage dealer on the White Dragon :/ Let high ARP MoF's do it, if there're any. White will melt

Besides, the ZERG RUSH is the best thing here because if there're not enough parties, you can start by doing it in two ways

1. Start from either Black or White and move accordingly.
    1. Start from Red dragon and split in two groups accordingly.

As usual, defeat up to 50%, then up to 20%, and then kill with fire/ice/storm, whatever. Don;t use Storm on Stormy doragon, don't use ice on white, don't use flame on red, don't use TRs with high poison on green, don't use Warlocks with DotS on Black.

If you're a CW, Use Ice Storm frequently, use shard of avalanche, let someone else use the oppressive force, use Icy Terrain to place strategic point, use Oppressor feat for Sudden storm super-freeze etc.

You'll end up with 10 minutes remaining for the 3rd phase if you do ZERG correctly.
    Also, repel on black and white. Someone has to put those mobs away when 5/5
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    Don't go as a Cold Damage dealer on the White Dragon :/ Let high ARP MoF's do it, if there're any. White will melt

Don;t use Storm on Stormy doragon, don't use ice on white, don't use flame on red, don't use TRs with high poison on green, don't use Warlocks with DotS on Black.

I don't think that's how this game works.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    MOD NOTICE:

Some trends I'm seeing that need to stop. Now. :

1) Blind ranting with no constructive substance. Please review our guidelines on constructive feedback, which can be found here. Insults to the devs, staff, and other players are not tolerated and will be moderated without further notice, and may result in sanctions against your posting privilege.

2) PUG bashing. Not everyone is a perfectly crafted, elite, 20k GS+ playing machine. We were all newbies at one point. Respect those attempting to follow the climb to the top in the best way they know how and be ready to lend a helping hand, not an accusatory finger.

3) Rants based on ethnicity or a language barrier. These are never permitted under the Rules of Conduct. This is an international game. Do expect to have to play with people of differing languages or nationalities and conduct yourself accordingly and with respect for your fellow player.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Intentionally or not, Cryptic has hit on a new form of challenge here. You have 5 minutes to coordinate with a group of strangers and only a few prompts that maybe focus behavior on a sub-optimal strategy. This is genius! It is actually making your social skill the key to winning a challenge in a social game. Unfortunately, the community is all too often losing this challenge. And the "nerdrage" of people who find that, suddenly, GS and elitism are not linchpins of social behavior is probably one of the biggest reasons for failure.

I, for one, hope Cryptic allows this social experiment to keep going and does not "nerf" the social challenge by allowing pre-made raid groups. Of course, they may have to if the degeneration into racial/national/PUG blame continues to build in zone chat. But, surely we can all rise above that and coordinate even the most GS-blinded among us. If you come out of a failed Tiamat blaming anyone else, you failed the challenge. It is that simple.
  • Options
    marcoavaraujomarcoavaraujo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My suggestion:
    1- Creating a queue system as GG and put the minimum GS in 13500, whereas for the new Skirmish and Dungeon the minimum is 13000;
    2- The enconter will be available in the queue list every two hours, allowing time for everyone to to farm Hoard Coins and Hoard coffers so we can get better buffs for battle;
    3- The enconter will be available to queue for 30 minutes giving a possibility of good players can do so more than once while active.
    4- Remove the total time to complete the encounter, but limit the encounter to 4 rounds of two minutes, we will have 4 chances to kill all heads.
    Heavyduty - GWF Destroyer PvP
    Fanatico - CW Renegade PvP(Learning to play)
    Black Death - GWF Destroyer PvE(Retired for now)
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why are half the instances broken half of the time?!?!?!
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just two thigs will make great improvement:
    1) Minimum GS 13500 for enter Tiamat temple
    2) eliminate those lags

Whole player comunity will thank you.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I have a question for the devs. I've run this enough times now that this is really beginning to bother me, and I'd appreciate an answer.

What is the deal with the Legion Devils and your defense? Are they completely ignoring it?

No, really. I'd like an answer. When I've got >5k defense and I'm losing 40% of my HP (which is up to 36k now!) with a single swing of one of those blasted infernal swords, something is seriously wrong. Either my defense is a big fat goose-egg to them or there's a bug somewhere (or both).

I'm running T2/T2.5 gear and I have a full set of Purified BI gear in the bank, but before I invest any effort into Draconic Templar I have to ask: is there any point in getting this shiny, new gear if the effective defense is always going to be zero against them? What is the point?

From data I have parsed the base damage of Legion Devil attacks is 22k-28k. If you had no defense each attack would cost you ~70% of your max HP. Your defense is reducing their damage to only ~40% of your max HP.

Your defense is working properly. They just hit really, really hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I wasn't out of line telling the constantly dead guy with 15k hitpoints that he really, really needed to make a look at increasing that somehow.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The entire Neverwinter in one sentence: I failed in Tiamat like 10 times always being at the top 5, and was constantly given nothing but dragon hoard coins, and then after starting a fight I disconnected and decided not to return, but when I actually logged in after a few hours, I realized that I was still in the Tiamat fight instance, and there were 30 seconds left till the end (failed run), I ran to the mobs, threw some knives and received TA DA! a bag. SERIOUSLY. NOW. PLEASE. SERIOUSLY.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lorandelcz wrote: »
    Just two thigs will make great improvement:
    1) Minimum GS 13500 for enter Tiamat temple

Whole player comunity will thank you.

Increasing the min gear score will help immensly
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Increasing the min gear score will help immensly

Agreed to an extent. I am noticing a trend in game where people are seeing 15k+ is needed are crying wolf if the group fails. If half the group doesn't participate? Blame those sub 15ks. People fight on the clerics forcing them to take hits? Clearly, a few meaningless stats are to blame. Maybe a limit of 13k would do, to match eLoL, but not much more than that.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's definitely an issue with defense...it's as if it's zeroed out for everyone, at least when it comes to adds. Is there armor penetration really THAT high? > 42%? Seriously, is that really working as intended? To me it seems grossly unfair.

I've really had it with the bugs:

1. Getting blind-sided by the blue dragon's breath, again and again and again (and again!). Not cool, devs.

2. Using the white gem and STILL getting frozen for 30 seconds in the final phase. REALLY not cool! I've lost count of the times I've used the correct gem and had it have zero effect. Those heads are cheating!

3. Lag-fest with all graphics settings minimized.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    There's definitely an issue with defense...it's as if it's zeroed out for everyone, at least when it comes to adds. Is there armor penetration really THAT high? > 42%? Seriously, is that really working as intended? To me it seems grossly unfair.

I've really had it with the bugs:

1. Getting blind-sided by the blue dragon's breath, again and again and again (and again!). Not cool, devs.

2. Using the white gem and STILL getting frozen for 30 seconds in the final phase. REALLY not cool! I've lost count of the times I've used the correct gem and had it have zero effect. Those heads are cheating!

3. Lag-fest with all graphics settings minimized.

Two things:

1) There's no issue with defense. It's working. I've verified this. Enemies don't even have armor penetration. It's as simple as the enemies hit really, really, really hard. Legion Devils hit for 20k-28k damage. They can wipe you out with a few hits. 40% damage reduction on 28k is still 16,800 damage. May the gods help you if a couple of them flank you and score a critical hits. That will wipe you out no matter how high your defense is.

2) Not all gems are supposed to be used before the breath attacks. The White gem does not prevent you from getting blasted. What it does is it clears the ice off the floor and unfreezes anyone who didn't move out of the way of the breath. It needs to be used after the breath attack, not before. It doesn't protect you from damage like the Red or Blue gem. The Green one is similar. Use it after the breath attack to clear the area of poison gas.

Those two things are not bugs. The Blue dragon breath, however, is ridiculously cheap as it doesn't have a warning, hits for 120k damage, will kill you instantly and also instantly kill you again after your soulforge triggers, and can be used very rapidly. Even if you successfully time a dodge it hits for over 40k. Too many times I've seen everyone protecting the middle cleric get completely annihilated by it. That attack needs a huge red spot on the ground to warn people just like all of the other breath attacks have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    killiansat1killiansat1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    9 runs - 5 bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 times heads didnt apear. 3 times there was no FAVOR.

Cryptics, are u serious? are we all beta testers? I pay for this game! I dont wanna be your free stuff.
    and if u really want to burn in hell, u are on the right way.. it's hard to imagine how many ppl wish u that, and i'm 1 of that huge army.

mod4 - mod5 are a huge fail.
  • Options
    asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've got to say this so called 25 man makes me want to uninstall my game its impossible to organize 25 people with out a real raid function and frustrating beyond belief that in ten + runs with bad groups I've gotten no wins and lost five hours or more I won't get back. I can honestly say you sh** the bed on this one!

There needs to Be a min 15kgs score
    There needs to be a premade functionality that when you zone in ITS TOGETHER!!
    The mobs need to be toned down so I'm not getting one shorted with 30k+ health or have them respawn when dragon heads rise and spawn a few adds during the DPs mode.
    For gods sake change the coffer % no one is going to see rank 3 buff until two modules from now when people are farming the zone for rep and boons. That is if you don't run this game into the ground before that can happen.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    asmose01 wrote: »
    I've got to say this so called 25 man makes me want to uninstall my game its impossible to organize 25 people with out a real raid function and frustrating beyond belief that in ten + runs with bad groups I've gotten no wins and lost five hours or more I won't get back. I can honestly say you sh** the bed on this one!

There needs to Be a min 15kgs score
    There needs to be a premade functionality that when you zone in ITS TOGETHER!!
    The mobs need to be toned down so I'm not getting one shorted with 30k+ health or have them respawn when dragon heads rise and spawn a few adds during the DPs mode.
    For gods sake change the coffer % no one is going to see rank 3 buff until two modules from now when people are farming the zone for rep and boons. That is if you don't run this game into the ground before that can happen.

Its very possible, you just need to have ppl that can deal DPS (on dragons) and position themselve properly so they can whack the mobs as soon as they spawn so you lose minimum time at the cleric phase. I spent 16 favors (1 for campagine, 15 for artifact offhand) and I still have 6 favors in my pocket. Its safe to say I have beaten Tiamat over 20 times, so its defintely a very possible fight. :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1) There's no issue with defense. It's working. I've verified this. Enemies don't even have armor penetration. It's as simple as the enemies hit really, really, really hard. Legion Devils hit for 20k-28k damage. They can wipe you out with a few hits. 40% damage reduction on 28k is still 16,800 damage. May the gods help you if a couple of them flank you and score a critical hits. That will wipe you out no matter how high your defense is.

2) Not all gems are supposed to be used before the breath attacks. The White gem does not prevent you from getting blasted. What it does is it clears the ice off the floor and unfreezes anyone who didn't move out of the way of the breath. It needs to be used after the breath attack, not before. It doesn't protect you from damage like the Red or Blue gem. The Green one is similar. Use it after the breath attack to clear the area of poison gas.

Okay, I'll see what jacking my defense does. I switched from the radiance ioun stone to the chicken and will give that a try. Another 800 power (!) and 600 defense to work with.

I tried the green stone and it did seem to work that way, clearing the poison gas out in its little area. I couldn't tell if the area stays cleared or not, but will experiment.

You can tack another bug onto the list: we got the clerics all up to 100%, but then the instance never progressed to the next phase (attacking the heads). The adds stopped coming and the clerics stayed at 100%, the heads kept breathing, but that was it. We had 10 minutes or so to take some great screenshots before eventually failing.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Tiamat Hoard Reclamation is not rly working. I suggest you increase the coffer/coins drop rate and drop the Favor from that quest.
  • Options
    khai1987khai1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A bit Disappointed atm most of my run having to face bad lag, bug Instances and most of my good run ended up with Error... About 10 try manage to win 1 favor.
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kind of an aside....Since there never seems to be quite enough testers on Preview, have the Dev's ever thought of making a live "beta" test? Send email or in-game mail to a few hundred random players to test what happens on the live servers, before the content is released to everyone. I know that the preview server is supposed to do that, but ever since the Ranger release, I've never seen many players there at one time. It might also help since some bugs change in the transition from preview to live.

Also, a suggestion. Get rid of graphics that aren't needed. The dust in WoD is a nice touch, but it doesn't need to be constant/everywhere. I've had to turn graphic settings down because too much stuff is creating lag/fps drop. When I first started playing, I never had any problems, but with each new mod and patch, it is getting worse. I love this game, even though it frustrates me at times, but if I have to turn things down any more, it'll be too ugly to play :/
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel that Tiamat is a complete fiasco.
    It is so not because of sometimes indecent mob/heads damage; not because of the broken (almost from the start) reward system (and sometimes no rewarding at all); not even because of terrible lags and latency issues (that either result in kicking off the players or leaving them frozen to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by the foes)... All these moments can be smoothed.

But because of the umm.... not a very good idea that such a fight that requires team coordination, purposefulness and a combination of skill vs gear was given to the complete mercy of not even a bunch of individuals (most off who have quite different goals) but to a swarm of locus that neither want nor care...

RNG is one thing - it is smth far away, smth that at least seems to look like an objective judge. Total disarray of pugs (and let's face it - we all are pugs when we are forced together rather then get together) is far beyond the boundaries of usual good or evil :(

Now, if they remove this Sword of Damocles of 1-hour event timer, remove the Reclaiming and make it like a usual dungeon with more or less clear rewards, allow us to form groups:
    - ideally 25 men groups but let the players enter even with lesser groups
    - or at least 5-men groups but allow them align with each other (so that people have time enough to discuss the roles - not these pathetic 5 mins when the zone is flooded with the zone chat (why would they not simply restricted public chat in this zone to Say - is beyond my understanding) and constant new members joining, other leaving, etc.).

... then, I think I will give it a 2nd chance. In the current implementation I feel more like being repeatedly deceived and scorned at. No thanks, I pass.
    This, of course means that no Off-hand for any of my chars (as the amount of farmable stuff is simply ridiculous (and this stuff has its own drop ICD!!)) - well, so be it.
    NW is not the only game after all...
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eebu3b&s=8#.VIggjDGsWnY
    FARM linus just walking around doing nothing when i enter tiamat with zerg.THIS is the zerg no tactics no teamwork no cooperation just damage. please cryptic stop zerg.

+ you can change instances when you finish your encounter.
  • Options
    laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eebu3b&s=8#.VIggjDGsWnY
    FARM linus just walking around doing nothing when i enter tiamat with zerg.THIS is the zerg no tactics no teamwork no cooperation just damage. please cryptic stop zerg.

+ you can change instances when you finish your encounter.

This is the power of ZERG XD
This discussion has been closed.