test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Current result =/= result in the end of the encounter. At least that's what I'm guessing from my experience.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    Issues:

- This is my computer:

Intel Core i5 4690K (Stock cooler, not overclocked, haven't been that assed to do it yet)
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
    8GB PC1600 DDR3 RAM
    XFX Radeon R9 270X 4GB
    120GB SSD, Windows and Neverwinter installed on drive
    1TB 7200 RPM storage drive
    500GB 7200 RPM storage drive
    4 case fans; 2 intake(Front/side), 2 vent(Back/top)

This runs pretty much everything without breaking a sweat, except maybe if I tried to play a buggy poorly coded pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like Assassin's Creed Unity or something.

Except one game. Guess which it is. Go on. Guess.

Yeah. Neverwinter. Tiamat in particular. It does nobody at all the slightest bit of good if the client is running so poorly that I am literally getting 0 FPS and my client is on the verge of crashing. Even when it's not doing that, it's still getting dips to the single digits. Turning my settings down(Which I shouldn't have to do ever in this game) only helps so much. This is rage-inducing.

- People are mind-numbingly, incomprehensibly stupid. I join an instance. No group has started for the blue head, so I start a group for the blue head. It does not fill; I get 3 other people. During the fighting, I notice that there are only three people fighting the blue head. Wait, we had four people, where the frak is the fourth? Oh, over fighting the red head with about eight other people. *headdesk* Often you get an instance where you can't even get groups organized at all.

- There are never, ever enough people on Linu. There are always seven to nine people on the side clerics. This wastes massive amounts of time. Linu gets mobbed more. GO KEEP THE MOBS OFF OF HER.

- People just zerg a head until it's dead. Then it comes back at the next head phase with more HP than if you'd left it alive at like 10% HP. Stop this. Please.

- People call out nonsense. No, you do not need more on green. Thanks to you we failed because you screamed for everyone to go to green, which needed no extras, and blue and white did not go down in time because there were four people each on them. The entirety of the three people on the white team, and one from the full blue team. But no, we totally needed EVERYONE on the green head.

- THAT FRELLING BUG WHERE YOU WIN BUT DON'T GET REWARDS. Seems to occur from people killing heads too fast and not getting all heads? I don't know. But it's rage-inducing when the ONLY win you manage to get in a day, you get absolutely nothing for because of a stupid bug. FIX THIS. YESTERDAY. And I want the **** favor the game owes me. :P

- The threshhold for the hoard reclamation tiers is way, WAY too high. It doesn't even get above tier 1 now. Coffers have a horrible drop rate. Awful. Coins you can't get enough of fast enough either. Nobody has any anymore because they all turned in everything they could for Linu's Favor the first day. They need to MASSIVELY lower the amount needed, or MASSIVELY boost the droprate of Coffers. Preferably both. It's disgusting.

Yeah. This thing has more issues than the National Geographic. And my grandmother had a collection of those that stretched from the 30s to the 80s when I was little, and let me tell you, that's a LOT of issues.

I'd like to state that this guy has stated my exact sentiment to the T, listen to this guy, please........ This whole thing is overly complicated but what's done is done and this stuff needs to be sorted out ASAP. I can't even keep my FPS above 10 without turning all the lighting off with /unlit 1, clearly you have a problem with your dynamic light sources stacking and trying to render over each other causing massive cascading FPS drops...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    GS does not matter.
    Knowing how to run the instance does not matter.
    Because there is no way to get an instance where everyone else knows the plan any guide is useless.
    So we are back to pure RNG. Keep joining Tiamat and hope you get lucky and find competant people....
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I've also noticed the scoring/ranking for the "contest" jumping up and down wildly for no reason at all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    GS does not matter.
    Knowing how to run the instance does not matter.
    Because there is no way to get an instance where everyone else knows the plan any guide is useless.
    So we are back to pure RNG. Keep joining Tiamat and hope you get lucky and find competant people....

Hahaha....another RNG:p
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm gonna keep ignoring it until they fix it. That has worked for me so far. I am still waiting for them to fix the last two or three modules. I want to play them. Not interested in wasting my time, though. Get it sorted out, please.

I am actually playing them. I am not enjoying it at all, though.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    [QUOTE=sprawlfx;9618961]. I am still waiting for them to fix the last two or three modules. I want to play them.[/QUOTE]

this will be you:

<meme removed>
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this will be you:

<meme removed>

Yep, I know. But I just can't get worked up because they release yet another thing that should have been maybe examined before being stuck in everyone's face.

This is what happens when you indenture yourselves to other companies. Please tell WOtC to pound sand. They lost anything they had a long time ago. You are bigger than them.
  • kengosamuraikengosamurai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is undoubtedly the worst experience i have had on any game in my entire life. I have been playing neverwinter online from the start so i have seen and been through quite alot of mishaps and bad planning but honestly this just takes the cake.

Trying to get 25 random people, most of which don't speak any english to co-operate is unrealistic.
    On top of that you have random instance bug's where dragon heads dont spawn or something else doesnt work so you cant even finish the instance even if you had proper teamwork and the last 4-5 instance's i have been in there are random people either leaving or just sitting at the campfire not participating. Then as if its a final slap in the face after I go through all that i get "rewarded" with a lesser resonance stone and 20-40 dragon coins? YOUR JOKING RIGHT?

All in all i would have to say im glad this is a free to play game, because if i had to spend money on this i would definately not be playing and i will definately never recommend anyone else to play this either.
  • fastrean1fastrean1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The game is unable to play, I don't know what algorithm or data transfer technology that u using on the game, before the battle start, i have around 250 ping, but when the battle, it lag as hell, i had been dead cuz lag, plz improve it:mad:2014-12-07_2125.png
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Its depressing that im having more luck with rng getting belts to drop (now that theyre just 30k-50k) than getting paired with a decent group in tiamat that can finish the encounter.....

on a side note, the hard threshold is way off now that everyone has dumped their stacked coins/coffers, its hard to ever see it go past 10%.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This shows the imitations of testing stuff on Preview, where you have a low population of generally high GS people who know what they're doing. The main feedback from that group was that the encounter was way too easy, with some even soloing complete stages. Now it's been opened up to the general Neverwinter population the real issues are starkly revealed.

And people still ask for general game balance to be driven by the experiences of a tiny number of 'elite' players. Go figure.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This shows the imitations of testing stuff on Preview, where you have a low population of generally high GS people who know what they're doing. The main feedback from that group was that the encounter was way too easy, with some even soloing complete stages. Now it's been opened up to the general Neverwinter population the real issues are starkly revealed.

And people still ask for general game balance to be driven by the experiences of a tiny number of 'elite' players. Go figure.

Can you stop your bashing on the "elite" players, would you?
    These players are actually the only ones testing stuff and still trying to improve the game with proper feedback.

The opposite what 95% of forum users are doing here.
    Its nit the fault of the top players that there are so many super casual players are out there who cant even communicate, play their class or listen to more expirienced players.

The tiamat encounter is a good metapher for the whole game. A large amount of players are playing this game brainless with lacks of comunication skills and learning abilities.
    Now everyone is expiriencing in pve what the pvp community is expiriencing since beta… random queue and teams, large amount of players just runs around like headles chickens, people with no playing or character concept trying and failing to compete with endgame content.

But the true forum warrior does not see this. The blame is on the so called elite players, again. Which is so LOL.
  • grommelingrommelin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    These players are actually the only ones testing stuff and still trying to improve the game with proper feedback.

Its nit the fault of the top players that there are so many super casual players are out there who cant even communicate, play their class or listen to more expirienced players.

The tiamat encounter is a good metapher for the whole game. A large amount of players are playing this game brainless with lacks of comunication skills and learning abilities.
    Now everyone is expiriencing in pve what the pvp community is expiriencing since beta… random queue and teams, large amount of players just runs around like headles chickens, people with no playing or character concept trying and failing to compete with endgame content.

But the true forum warrior does not see this. The blame is on the so called elite players, again. Which is so LOL.

Well, Tiamat encounter thread shows true colors, so called elite players are just few %, each off them just need enter HE with random players and NOT blame them for failures, easy just play or not play.

Tiamat HE can be skirmish like other ones after graphical glitches, bugged heads, heavy rubberband/lag and other features are removed from it... before that only Elitist groups will complete it (Im gonna just buy Off-hand, Tiamat HE is not worthy to try on its current condition)
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Heads are bugging by staying under the platforms so they cant be hit. First time happen to red, now to black
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It's not difficult in a high GS way. More like VT where averyone has to know their role and play by a strategy. Of course since most of the players in the game do not read the forums much less a strategy guide it is difficult to get a group with a. a pln, and b. the coordination to deploy that plan. Figured a trick to get better groups so I'll stop whining now. No I'm not sharing it because they built it this way and if everyone knows it might stop working for me.
    edited December 2014

I'm not 'bashing' anyone. I'm pointing out the problems with basing stuff aimed at the average player on the experiences of significantly above average players. That isn't the fault of either group, it's just inherent in MMOs where you have people with a wide range of gear and skill all sharing the same content.

However, your willingness to belittle the average player is duly noted. It's this kind of attitude that gives 'elite' groups such a poor reputation across multiple games. Such ego.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited December 2014
    By the way - I notice that /showfps isn't working right now. Coincidence?
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    It's not difficult in a high GS way. More like VT where averyone has to know their role and play by a strategy. Of course since most of the players in the game do not read the forums much less a strategy guide it is difficult to get a group with a. a pln, and b. the coordination to deploy that plan. Figured a trick to get better groups so I'll stop whining now. No I'm not sharing it because they built it this way and if everyone knows it might stop working for me.
    It does need decent gear - I think many people with the base entry requirement may struggle - but you're right in that the main issue is teamwork and coordination. It's just badly designed from that viewpoint. My point was that this didn't show up during testing on Preview because by and large the players that bother to do testing on there are experienced and know how to work as a team. They also do research and read guides/forums. The vast majority of MMO players do none of these things.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yeah, it's so bad to ask for a single piece of challenging content that doesn't currently exist since the gs inflation. Most of the other content can be solod by good players. We needed something challenging. It's just frustrating when your party is separated and you can't form your own raid. Plus not enough contribute to the hoard which is annoying.

When I think of a raid, I think of a coordinated piece of challenging content instead of something where you have some headless chickens that can ruin it and there's nothing you can do about it.
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Yeah, it's so bad to ask for a single piece of challenging content that doesn't currently exist since the gs inflation.
    Again - not the point I was making. Challenging content is a Good Thing in any MMO, and it's sorely lacking in NWO. But you don't design a piece of content aimed at and tested by top level players if you intend to open it to the average player. That's just asking for the kind of omnishambles we are seeing now. Build and test content based on feedback from the type of player you intend to run it. Plain common sense.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Again - not the point I was making. Challenging content is a Good Thing in any MMO, and it's sorely lacking in NWO. But you don't design a piece of content aimed at and tested by top level players if you intend to open it to the average player. That's just asking for the kind of omnishambles we are seeing now. Build and test content based on feedback from the type of player you intend to run it. Plain common sense.

I'd say the difficulty is pretty close to what it should be tbh. It did need toning up, although it was hard to get a full group to test on preview.
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I'd say the difficulty is pretty close to what it should be tbh. It did need toning up, although it was hard to get a full group to test on preview.
    Difficulty in terms of mob strength is about right. It's the required teamwork that is well beyond what the majority of people playing NWO are used to or maybe even capable of.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    By the way - I notice that /showfps isn't working right now. Coincidence?

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Guessing it's just another cockup. They don't seem organised enough for very agile conspiracy.
  • jcmunijcmuni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kyafox wrote: »
    Find me in game. It's frustrating so everyone is really on edge. I'll explain the mechanics. @kyafox

Thanks Kyafox, although its starting to sound like my main isn't quite ready to go yet. At mid 12K, he's fine for the typical Well of Dragons campaigns, but I'm now hearing he should be no less than 13k and probably 15k....

Might be able to "juice up" some refinements and get him into the 13's though.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here are my four things that I personally seen, experienced, and heard others talk about:

1) Groups getting separated when zoning in together,
    2) Tiamat script failing to advance after protecting the clerics (heads never spawn),
    3) Blue dragon causing slide show lag that won't go away until the effected person kills themselves,
    4) Not getting a reward at the end (both in losses and in wins).
  • trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They should add other requirements for entering dungeons other than GS. Like the dungeon mastery III achievement to enter eLOL or tiamant. Really sometimes I queue for eLoL and find people who don't know how to jump and die in lava. They really are 14K GS and they didn't find out that you can jump in this game.
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The group splitting isn't just a problem on entering the temple but also during the fight. In case your game crashes (for various reasons) and you come back, you will spawn in different instance than the rest of your group. I had a crash 3 minutes before the end and spawned into one of the broken instances (where the heads don't spawn after the cleric phase). This also resulted in a very poor ranked because only the instance you're in at the end counts for the ranking.
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think it's well designed.

The only thing I would ask for is some serious discussions go into the planning stage. It is far too uncoordinated. There needs to be UI additions to support raid content that simply don't exist.
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've had a 9K GS in my party, they were buffed up prior to entering to 10.5K GS. I'll agree that the GS requirement should be around 15K.

I asked the person "How in the hell did you even get in here?", "I had 10.5K before entering" replied said person.

I personally Love this encounter (I won't call it a dungeon). But, I would like to group with; Folks I like, and Folks that are geared (in that order!!!).
This discussion has been closed.