test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drow PvP Equipment

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i hope it will be today roflmao. whenever else? next module is 2 months away i think and only big update is tiamat rising
  • catisiouscatisious Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2014
    But first one must consider how long it will take for the armor to come out. This is info of which we have none.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    the overload are already on the new set, check gateway collections.
  • catisiouscatisious Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2014
    Any idea on release date?
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Probably Dec, 5th.

Very sensible guess. But....
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The whole community of CWs expressed their concerns about the set bonus. The devs might be reconsidering things after all.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No they didn't. a handful of people does not make up the whole CW community.
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    The whole community of CWs expressed their concerns about the set bonus. The devs might be reconsidering things after all.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I know this is a hot topic among the PvP Community and I personally, even though I don't PvP in Neverwinter, am looking forward to these for their appearance (transmute) on my drow. Alas, we must be patient and wait for them to be ready to release information on these.

Rest assured, I have passed along the Community's plight at the lack of information about the Drow Equipment. So, let's all just be patient until they're ready to release information. Remember, this game is based on huge Intellectual Property and there are a lot of things that have to be reviewed, checked, double checked, and approved before releasing anything that relates to the lore and history of the such an IP. As anyone intimately familiar with the Realms know, drow equipment has had a long and bumpy history in the Realms.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    bielka72 wrote: »
    No they didn't. a handful of people does not make up the whole CW community.

Fact still remains, this is PVP armor. CWs were buffed and nerfed (shard) to make them use shield on tab in PVP.

Unless you are planning to re-buff Shard of Endless Avalanche for PVP again, the 4-set bonus of this new BIS PVP gear is useless for PVP CWs.
  • alyaakhalyaakh Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Since we know this set will be eventually released, how about increasing the glory cap so we don't have to continuously spend it? 50k is quite low, especially since this set should cost more than the profound set.
    Простая Кавказская девушка я, Но все же прошу послушать меня, Скажу вам-довольно огня и войны, Ведь мы же Кавказцы-мы духом сильны!
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    come on give us more info about release date of the set this is the only thing im waiting for.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    We've reminded them of the anxiety within the Community over wanting more info. Please just be patient! They'll release information when they are ready and able to do so. I am sorry that not having a response from the Devs and simply hearing from the Moderators isn't as awesome. Never-the-less, rest assured that the Moderators are in direct communication with Akromatic and DWightMC (our two Community Managers, who work in Office) on a daily basis, even most weekends! Your plights... nay... Our plights are heard. We just need to be patient. Indeed.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Man its already listed up in the normal gateway collection! Why we dont get any information? is the vendor you designed for it not ready yet? -.-
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Why is it on gateway and not in game?
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if they are redesigning it work around certain class changes that will be upcoming (ahem... TR....)... :P
  • jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dear Devs

Please make it so that the drow set is obtainable by turning in your old set and add on glory + seals. instead of a ridiculous amount of glory and seals. Just like how you did it for the recent Halloween event.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    jakefear wrote: »
    Dear Devs

Please make it so that the drow set is obtainable by turning in your old set and add on glory + seals. instead of a ridiculous amount of glory and seals. Just like how you did it for the recent Halloween event.

pls make it 40k glory and 30 seals each. thanks!
  • wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited December 2014
    pls make it 40k glory and 30 seals each. thanks!

How would this be good for anyone?
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    How would this be good for anyone?

I didn't say it would be good to anyone.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    This must be the "surprise"
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yeah they are a better version of profound

i have drow instigator, destroyer , sentinel .
    except they give +100 stats more.
    and no overload slots.

I just looked at them in gateway and they show overload slots in the tooltip also the image for the gear shows 3 slots for all the gear but the boots they show 2 slots.
    edited December 2014
    I just looked at them in gateway and they show overload slots in the tooltip also the image for the gear shows 3 slots for all the gear but the boots they show 2 slots.

the set was updated and now they have overload slots and the 2xslots you see : one is from utility and the other one its reinforced kits.
    edited December 2014
    the prices on grym/profound sets will be decreased implementing the drow set. probably there will be a vendor where you can even trade the profound set for the drow set :)
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the set was updated and now they have overload slots and the 2xslots you see : one is from utility and the other one its reinforced kits.

I know they updated them I was letting you know. thanks for the info on one of the slots being for armor kit.

with the overload slots this set looks it maybe the best option for GWF even in pve.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What they should do for the Drow Sets:

Make them cost Glory, Seals of Triumph and Scrimshaw Trophies(w.e drops from players in OW PVP).

Offer another daily quest for another Seal of Triumph:
    " Kill 10 enemy players in OW" or something OR "Win an OW Domination PVP"

Now you have 3 Seals per day max. It requires Glory/Seals and Skrimshaw so people have to do all types of PVP (Just like the Boons are).

For the sets, I would make them cost about the same glory as the Profound, about 1.5x the Seals as Profound. Then add something like 20 skrimshaw tokens to each piece as well.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    What they should do for the Drow Sets:

Make them cost Glory, Seals of Triumph and Scrimshaw Trophies(w.e drops from players in OW PVP).

Offer another daily quest for another Seal of Triumph:
    " Kill 10 enemy players in OW" or something OR "Win an OW Domination PVP"

Now you have 3 Seals per day max. It requires Glory/Seals and Skrimshaw so people have to do all types of PVP (Just like the Boons are).

For the sets, I would make them cost about the same glory as the Profound, about 1.5x the Seals as Profound. Then add something like 20 skrimshaw tokens to each piece as well.

i like the skrimshaw tokens idea, really exploitable but still good
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux - No thanks.

SCrimshaws are unfortunately exploitable by people whom "take over an instance" in ICewind or Dwarven Valley refusing to let others participate in the PvP unless they are from X or Y guild. They get part of both factions just to rack up the PvP achievements, and Scrimshaw tokens without actual effort/ interaction with other pug type people. Whilst this isn't always common I have seen it enough to make mention of it here.

In addition to this it shouldn't have to be ONLY for superhardcoreOMG PvP people to achive the Drow set.

Sure, have it cost more to reflect it's value, but you should be able to do ONE of three PvPs in order to get it. This means any currency from a kind of PvP could be used t buy it, plus the required Glory. Use Scrimshaw Trophy, Gauntelegrym Coin, or the Seal of Triumph. This allows for all types of PvP to be a pathway to the Drow set, and gives a use to all of them equally.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In my previous MMO (no idea if can name it here) and there was points for killing people in Open World.
    It was abusable as hell. If somebody wanted not to abuse at all (not killing guild–mated or own alts), was too low in rank and ended with slow mount what caused him to being insta–kicked from 20v20 pvp every time entered it as was not able to take spot fast enough.
    I think it is a really bad idea.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i like the skrimshaw tokens idea, really exploitable but still good

Yeah maybe avoid the skrimshaw idea but I think incorporating OW Domination then would still be a good idea.

We have PVP "campaign" that has achievements for all three types of PVP, yet only two award you gear. I completely understand the exploitable nature of the tokens, but would still like to see some emphasis put back on OW Dom to achieve this gear.

Rather than using the daily to award a third seal of triumph, you could add yet another currency to the game that would be awarded for participating in any OW Dom match. This would put more people back into OW Dom again, which could be fun.

Making it participation I think would bypass too much exploiting, if any.
    edited January 2015
    i think the PVP sets should be attainable even for a new commer, i dont think it's a good idea of having a huge glory fest over them.
    thats why decreasing the PVP t1,grim and profound set, to make space for drow, would be more efficient.