What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Kweassa, what ' s left to a PVE archer ranger? Rain and Thorn are by far the main damage dealers and damage is all we have. All our single target encounter powers are bad. We are spammers. ... I hope the new Trapper will give me back the fun I had before and made me love this class.

gab, here's the way I see it.

Currently, the major "voices" of the HRs don't want the HR to be changed at all. People don't say this much -- they even act as if there's no problems at all. Heck, the better and famous the player you are, the less you want someone to see you "QQ" against HRs. Hence, they stay quiet most of the time. But the truth is, every single player who can be considered even remotely 'decent' or 'knowledgeable' about this game, basically knows that the current form of HRs are broken.

It's not even an 'opinion'. Its a consensus. They just don't like talking about this stuff in the forums amongst others, and they usually discuss it online. Heck, even some of the renowned HR players themselves profess that the class is broken. The only people who defend the current HRs in this forum, are actually minorities. Like said, it's already a consensus. Everyone knows. HRs are broken. The mechanic itself is bullshi*. They're not invincible, they do have weaknesses, but none of that's relevant. The mechanic itself is working in the wrong direction.

I've mentioned this before, but the devs should have improved on the base mechanic of the mod2 HR. It was still considered a good, strong, sturdy class in PvP, but not like this, not like after the mod3 Pathfinders and Careful Attack. The current mechanic, is a mistake.

Just like the TRs went through a total overhaul of how basic combat works, IMO HRs need the same. Something that actually benefits the PvE aspect, makes combat more active, less reliant on stupid 'auto' mechanics, and balances them out better in PvP.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited November 2014
    djmacken wrote: »
    Can you please explain this change in more detail?

What happens in the event of a control immune mob? How much damage will it do, because right now it does 250% immediately.

Also this actually seems like a NERF to me?

Live: 500% over 2 seconds = 500%
    Proposed: 200% x 2 seconds = 400%.

That is less than live today? This is really frustrating if this is the case. Trapper needs some "help" in the DPS department, and this does not seem like an improvement.

The only time I can see it coming ahead is if you have Ancient Roots feat, which maybe is what the intention was...

Some clarification is needed please.

Thanks

i've already corrected my post. But to undertand the diffence you need to read the Live version and GMC's version. Live is 500% Damage total overy the entire duration. GMCs version is 200% per tick which is 7 total (assuming feated) . To 7 x 2 x weapon damage or 14x Weapon damage over the duration (assuming everything else of the same).
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Crush did not say anything about 500% longer thorn roots or 1/2 damage to control resist target. It may be valueble if this is still in place. If you accually root somebody you have a change to deal some decent damage with combination on other skills.
    Question is also what weapon is used for base calcualation. Like Binding is in archer stand so with ~800 bow it will be 1.6k damage when hidering strike is in melee and may be using blades ~ 500x2 = 1k only.
    2nd note there was a buff on Bitting snares that increase control duration in someway. Need to dig throw 80 pages to find accual number.

It's 60%. /10 char
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    soriniakovsoriniakov Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey all, we have made a couple of bug fixes to several things, and made some changes to improve Trapper gameplay slightly.
    • Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.
    • Hunter Ranger: Disruptive Shot: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Hunter Ranger: Pathfinder: Bear Trap: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

good news!

but what about additional roots duration from Ancient Roots feat? Can roots hold target during additional seconds correctly? currently I see a bug: roots don't have additional duration and how this feat will work with new Thorned Roots mechanic?
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The changes to Chilling Presence raised the peak level of damage the CW is able to dish out in PVE once again. The numbers I'm getting with the new OP class feature combination of (bugged?) Storm Spell and Chilling are insane. 40k Storm Spell procs, 50k Steal Time, 70k Oppressive, 80k Sudden Storm, 25k Chilling Cloud (!!).

Although I did my first tests on dummies, which is not favorable for the Thaum tree for multiple reasons, the hybrid tree is now severely competing with the DPS tree for the Paingiver crown. Overall Thaumas should still have a slight edge especially if they have another reliable source of Combat Advantage, but I don't think Renegade should be that close with the amount of group utility it gives through the capstone and CA.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

Currently, the major "voices" of the HRs don't want the HR to be changed at all. People don't say this much -- they even act as if there's no problems at all. Heck, the better and famous the player you are, the less you want someone to see you "QQ" against HRs. Hence, they stay quiet most of the time. But the truth is, every single player who can be considered even remotely 'decent' or 'knowledgeable' about this game, basically knows that the current form of HRs are broken.

It's not even an 'opinion'. Its a consensus. They just don't like talking about this stuff in the forums amongst others, and they usually discuss it online. Heck, even some of the renowned HR players themselves profess that the class is broken. The only people who defend the current HRs in this forum, are actually minorities. Like said, it's already a consensus. Everyone knows. HRs are broken. The mechanic itself is bullshi*. They're not invincible, they do have weaknesses, but none of that's relevant. The mechanic itself is working in the wrong direction.

I've mentioned this before, but the devs should have improved on the base mechanic of the mod2 HR. It was still considered a good, strong, sturdy class in PvP, but not like this, not like after the mod3 Pathfinders and Careful Attack. The current mechanic, is a mistake.

Just like the TRs went through a total overhaul of how basic combat works, IMO HRs need the same. Something that actually benefits the PvE aspect, makes combat more active, less reliant on stupid 'auto' mechanics, and balances them out better in PvP.
    Do you have an HR? Because some of your assumptions are oddly off.

My PVE Archer HR is plenty 'active'. And he's a Pathfinder. I spend zero time running around waiting for dots and I don't use Careful Attack. I do, however, use RoA, TW, and FS - because there are no other viable damaging encounters. And BTW this did not change from Mod 2. Those have always been the main damaging encounters.

I'm not sure what exactly you want changed or in what way.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2014

To be honest i find the new and improved Chilling Presence class feature to be quite competitive with Eye of the storm.I really like it and don't see why,some people are complaining about insane damage outputs. I haven't seen them since it takes chill to stack on a target in order for damage dealt to increase and the Class feature itself takes up a feat slot,in which case you either have to replace Eots or Storm spell,which is a tradeoff. The exception is the Renegade tree and that's because of the bug that allows a renegade wizard to have all three Chaos Magic Bonuses on at the same time. But since this is getting fixed ,i see no reason for any further changes.The class feature has finally become useful in a meaningful way.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

Currently, the major "voices" of the HRs don't want the HR to be changed at all.

You are wrong in this. Best HR was mod 2/3 except part of pathfinder aimed & thorn combo. Yes that HR needed a boost in melee damage cause obviously we were at best 60/40 melee even in combat spec. Thing is that they were constantly nerfing( not fixing) a lot of good encounters. So with mod 4 rework for HR was obvious. Yer Im not happy with the way they went. They annihilated tab usage almost for archer and combat. They made combat only one vital path in pvp. Archer is really only one real DPS in pve. Trapper is just a joke in mod 4.
    Thing is that this could be easily fixed if devs increase HR base melee damage since it is main. Ofhand is main - joke by itself. But this was a lot of work for all items changes and yet still would lead to rework of encounter. So we got PB as 40% buff to damage. we all know that it had bugs on how it was working on deflected enemies.

Combat also needed survival skills yet devs went path to make it no CC brake and no CC class (nerf for Constructive Arrow) and passive heal rather then some skillful stuff.

Worse part of all this nerf /fixes/changes - 2/3 of our encounters are garbage. Since there is no more buffer path all heal/buff encounters are weak and best described as "better then nothing since i already use its counter". Basic rotation is not changed or even made less optional - thron, roa, fox for pve. Due to nerf to Storm cloud - stromwarden signature power - and basic design changes to other classes it is rarely ever used.
    Ambush was supposed to be descent power by description, but turned out to be 100% garbage.
    Same for SW daily - only cryptic testers in that joke of guide for Lol used it. Most of people never ever even have 1 point in it.

So Hr do need complete rework. Maybe making 2 classes out of it. Maybe making true D&D HR where you pick main weapon eg only archer or only melee. I have no answer to that.
    Problem is that making more nerf (not fixes really - fixes are good for balance) lead only to even more broken HR as class. Yet people permanently call for nerf of HRs due to personal butthurt reasons.
    This is what Im personally against. Yet if devs finally rework class properly - only welcome. I hope this time they will consider HR people point of view rather then weird junk that gets nerfs all the time.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I am not sure how i feel about the thorned roots change. While on CCable mobs its a huge buff (as with this change u are going to take the root time increase) it is a big nerf on non ccable ones. before they took 250% wd now they will take 100%. But there is another consideration.

once geared and In a good group, how long does a ccable mob pack really last? they are basically down in the first couple casts from the group giving no time for the dot to do the damage, thus why 500% wd over 2 secs was usually better.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited November 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    I am not sure how i feel about the thorned roots change. While on CCable mobs its a huge buff (as with this change u are going to take the root time increase) it is a big nerf on non ccable ones. before they took 250% wd now they will take 100%. But there is another consideration.

once geared and In a good group, how long does a ccable mob pack really last? they are basically down in the first couple casts from the group giving no time for the dot to do the damage, thus why 500% wd over 2 secs was usually better.

I was just testing things out on the Preview server. With Ancient Roots and Master Trapper +CC, Strong Roots last ~11 seconds. Thorned Roots damage duration is 7 seconds. The +CC of Master Trapper doesn't alter it.

Now without Ancient Roots currently in Preview I got 2 ticks big ticks of damage of Thorned Rooted which total 500% of Weapon Damage. The new Thorn Roots of 200% weapon damage/second over the duration (2 seconds) will be a slight reduction in damage (400% instead of 500%) if one doesn't take the Ancient Roots feat. But with 14x Weapon Damage total, it would seem an idiotic to not take Ancient Roots.
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    bug
    regular sunburst goes through cc immunity.
    Terrifying impact goes through cc immunity
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    I was just testing things out on the Preview server. With Ancient Roots and Master Trapper +CC, Strong Roots last ~11 seconds. Thorned Roots damage duration is 7 seconds. The +CC of Master Trapper doesn't alter it.

Now without Ancient Roots currently in Preview I got 2 ticks big ticks of damage of Thorned Rooted which total 500% of Weapon Damage. The new Thorn Roots of 200% weapon damage/second over the duration (2 seconds) will be a slight reduction in damage (400% instead of 500%) if one doesn't take the Ancient Roots feat. But with 14x Weapon Damage total, it would seem an idiotic to not take Ancient Roots.

Did you test it on a CC-immune monster? I would do that on my own but am travelling and will have no access to the game until Friday.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Going to say this once again: If you post in cyan text, and your text is nothing more than railing against a class, it isn't feedback and it's going to be removed.

This post is NOT for arguing one's opinion. Furthermore, unless you tested the PREVIEW changes and have something to report besides raging against a particular class, it doesn't belong here.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Going to say this once again: If you post in cyan text, and your text is nothing more than railing against a class, it isn't feedback and it's going to be removed.

This post is NOT for arguing one's opinion. Furthermore, unless you tested the PREVIEW changes and have something to report besides raging against a particular class, it doesn't belong here.

This ist raging it was feedback there are 6 more class in this game they need living room too and at least 1 thing they need to be good healing self healing hate generation DPS or buff.

But the thing is 1 class domitate them all after those changes .
    You can remove this post too but i have tested CW changes mybe you have not and dont see what i see .
    To reveal my option is feedback about those blance change .
    1 class vs other 6 class and this thread is about balance not about my personal vendetta .
    I dont asked nerf i asked for buff to other classes cuz they are weak aganst CW (in pve).
    Also i dont asked specific GWF OR GF buffs .
    I asked for TR HR DC too . I aslo asked for rework to GF .
    PLS dear moderator next time read before you press delete button.

But i think the word CW is forbidden from any other main class player .
    This is NW moderation? Also i will ask Akro to investigate your super negative moderation .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    f.u.c.k it i want IWIN button for GWF!!!! all this buffing to all classes is not fair.. i want IWIN button as there is no reason to any of this so called balance changes!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Yeah with the change ancient roots is a must, what im saying is that im not sure how i feel about it in regards of the tradeoff in high gear scenarios where stuff is going to die fast ( so no 7 second dot) and loosing quite a bit of damage vs unrootaable mobs. (250% vs 100%).... unless that part is changed. guess we will have to wait and see when the patch goes live.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    f.u.c.k it i want IWIN button for GWF!!!! all this buffing to all classes is not fair.. i want IWIN button as there is no reason to any of this so called balance changes!!!

Its called Sentinel spec.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Its called Sentinel spec.

Afraid is not... pretty sure gwf will be close to what dc is now
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Yeah with the change ancient roots is a must, what im saying is that im not sure how i feel about it in regards of the tradeoff in high gear scenarios where stuff is going to die fast ( so no 7 second dot) and loosing quite a bit of damage vs unrootaable mobs. (250% vs 100%).... unless that part is changed. guess we will have to wait and see when the patch goes live.

I should clarify. The damage to CC immune mobs is *unchanged*. It will still deal 250% weapon damage at R5.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I should clarify. The damage to CC immune mobs is *unchanged*. It will still deal 250% weapon damage at R5.

good to know!

so no tradeoff then :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I can live with that. 250% Weapon damage on CC-Immune mobs. And 400%/1400%-feated Weapon Damage on everything else. That's very nice damage boost for Trapper HRs.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback: Agan PLS look agan in owerall PVE balance cuz the reacent changes maked 1 class superior to other 6 class . In any way DPS CC self healing healing hate generation single target dps defensive mech casting speed .

Feedback :Also i dont see anything changed on LS its still too powerfull ? Why shoud the new DC (he have now awesome heal ) chose healer path if any one can full heal her self fom 1 encounter or a few at -will. Why LS is not soo powerfull in GF hand ? Sure he have FR but some classes can simpl full heal her hp bar x6 time from 1 skill .

Suggestion pve dps balance : Increase the target cap for TR HR GF GWF DC skill to at least 7 on all aoe based skills .
    Give at least 1 Pure DPS path to figthers .
    Another suggestion to revert the changes to intimidiation and put half effective on players on it . Or icrease the target cap to DS and Cagi to min 7 targets to give back somthing in return of the -30 % nerf.

Future mod suggestion : Pls take damnacious weekly feedback seriusly cuz GF is agan in the dark age . Captn America dieing.
    To prevent the disaster if some skill are too powerfull to pvp just put Half effective on player and dont mess it on pve cuz some of us still enjoy pve or at least want to enjoy.

PS: Also ps give all other 6 class the Infinity Gauntlets too cuz curretly only 1 class have good artifact set from neck arti and belt.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    good to know!

so no tradeoff then :D

There is a slight tradeoff of not taking Ancient Roots feat: 400% (new) vs 500% (current).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There is a slight tradeoff of not taking Ancient Roots feat: 400% (new) vs 500% (current).

well honestly with this change it would be pretty stupid to not feat it, the only dps loss would occur fi mobs died before 3 secs.
  • Options
    critorisauruscritorisaurus Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    The one class which could really use some help in PvP at the moment, considering all the other changes, is the Scourge Warlock. That's besides just introducing the new paragon path.

Especially in light of the reduction of CW and DC casting times, SW casting times on a lot of powers should be reduced by at least the same proportion, if not more, as many SW powers take an excessive amount of time to cast. Additionally, SWs lack damage immunity frames, which places them in the same position as GWFs, but with worse access to defensive stats and additional defensive boosts. While their range helps compensate for that, even the tankiest SWs can die very quickly. Since they need to stand still to cast, they get CCed easily by classes with faster animations, and can then be burst down fast.

The new paragon path does have the ability to boost SW tankiness a little, at the expense of damage output, but its full potential is hard to realize in PvP, given the way the stacking system works -- stacks building up relatively slowly for PvP, and falling off instantly.

On Live, SWs are in a bad spot. On Preview, they are overall worse off, seeming slightly better only in some cases (i.e. against combat HRs, which received some nerfs, but still beat SWs).

So please, do show SWs a little love for module 5 too.

100% agree. SWs are going to be easy kills in pvp in Mod 5 unless they lower the cast animation times of their spells. SWs only do decent dmg in PVE because of a T2 4 pc bonus with dreadtheft and TT. But those skills are all bad in pvp. In pvp they're so squishy and easy to CC that any class that decides to focus them can kill them in 1 rotation no matter how you spec. For a new class I can't understand why Cryptic is satisfied with how bad they are. They need to improve cast times on single target abilities asap.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    GWF problems i see atm on preview
    • tank tree being incapable of being main tank(not enough threat and no survivability with this nerfed version of determination gain + lacking on-demand damage resistance)
    • tank tree being the highest dps tree(thanks to badly thought out intimidation, despite having ton of valid ideas how to fix it presented to you)
    • instigator still being useless
    • destroyer having to get 25869 stacks to still do subpar dps(compared to other dps like archer, SW or overbuffed CW)
    • gwf having to run 22k hp to get max uptime of unstoppable when common trash mobs easily hit 10~15k
    • sprint having insane delay
    • gwf getting 1shot cause unstoppable doesnt allow you to stack hp
    • gwf generally being one of the worst classes for mod5 - a squishy melee without dodge, medium damage and close to no utility
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    GWF problems i see atm on preview
    • destroyer having to get 25869 stacks to still do subpar dps(compared to other dps like archer, SW or overbuffed CW)

Yeah, I was feeling pretty weak while wailing on a fire giant while almost in a perma unstoppable state the whole time hacking at it. Everyone else cleared them all out while I was still hacking away at this single one, 1v1.

Then I'm in the middle of a mob using WMS and steel blitz wailing away at them while unstoppable for 75% of the duration. CW or SW breaths on them and I felt as if I wasted my time.

GWF simply feels too weak compared to others who can fight SAFELY from a distance. Especially considering you've no choice but to risk the biscuit or just stare at em from a distance and be completely worthless.
This discussion has been closed.