test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!
There were a lot of other small improvements we wanted to make to a variety of specs, but didn’t really merit their own thread because they are fairly small and focused. Please use this thread for giving feedback on those changes.
This thread is not for suggesting new feedback, so please constrain it to feedback on changes that are in the patch.

Great Weapon Fighter
  • Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).
  • Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
  • Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.

Control Wizard
  • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Now grants 30% damage and 10% Life Steal (up from 10% and 5% respectively).
  • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 30% Armor Penetration and 30% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
  • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 250% of your weapon damage (up from 200% every second).
  • Renegade: Masterful Arcane Theft: Damage bonus increased to 3/6/9/12/15% on targets affected by Chill (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) and 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6% per stack of Arcane Mastery (up from .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3%).
  • Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

Hunter Ranger
  • Melee: Piercing Blade: This feat now correctly looks at post resistance damage when calculating how much damage it should deal.
  • Trapper: Swiftness of the Fox: *Rework* Your Melee encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%. Your Ranged encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
  • Trapper: Biting Snares: Now generates 20% of your AP (up from 10%), increases your damage by 30% (up from 15%), and Control durations are increased by 60% (up from 30%).

Scourge Warlock
  • Tyrannical Threat: The damage from this power should now benefit from Armor Penetration correctly.
  • Creeping Death: Almost all powers that deal Necrotic Damage are now correctly identified as such, and should activate this feat much more reliably.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Feedback
    We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the feel and effects of the changes in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: Destroyer
    Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damge.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Please try to play for a few hours to get used to the changes. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!

Chris “Gentleman_Crush” Meyer
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    New Changes! (Not in the 10/10 Preview build)
    Control Wizard
    • Storm Spell: Chance to activate increased to 30%, but can only trigger on critical hits now.
    • Thaumaturge: Assailing Force: The damage from this power is now activated by Encounter powers rather than all damage.
    • Orb of Imposition: This class feature has been reverted to a previous state where it grants 5% increased control duration per rank.
    • Oppressor: Glacial Movement: This feat now increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Now correctly applies to allies.

Great Weapon Fighter
    • Sentinel: Intimidation: This feat now deals 7/14/21/28/35% of your Power in damage (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).

Hunter Ranger
    • Combat: Wilds Medicine: This feat is now half as effective in PVP.

Scourge Warlock
    • Temptation: Soul Bonding: Life steal shared is reduced to 125% of the life steal done (down from 200%).
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.

Its great that you are giving the Instigator some love, but how come this is better and much, MUCH easier to achieve than the Destroyer capstone?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Feedback for PVP HRs:

Disruptive shot costs too little AP to be able to be used multiple times and just stun your opponent. It is also the fastest proccing stun in the game so HRs are guaranteed to win the duel between who stuns who first.

Melee classes such as the GWF, perma-stealth TR or reworked TR get punished by HR's multiple dodges, stealth, massive dps from melee. HRs are also guarantee to have the first crack to burst down CWs using disruptive shot and go invisible right after while they wait for their encounters to reload. If you are going to punish TR's stealth, perhaps you should look at how HRs (despite having stealth) also have the most defensive abilities as well as technically 6 encounters to fill up their toolbox (not to mention 6 dodges)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No nerfs to the kings of pvp HR?

Ah, The piercing Blade fix slipped my list. it is in the build. Updating the OP.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ah, The piercing Blade fix slipped my list. it is in the build. Updating the OP.

Thank you for updating gentleman.

Once again, very nice responsive style for a dev.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited October 2014

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fix for Piercing is good stuff.

So you nerfed HR, buffed CWs as if they were not OP yet.

What about making Ice Rays dodgeble as you stated Crush? they are still "dodgeble by luck" no matter of recent changes? Or it going to one more "happy CWs nerf HR changes" ?

About
    Trapper: Swiftness of the Fox: *Rework*

Do you think that changing to 15% instead of 1 sec will make any difference?
    Trapper: Biting Snares: Now generates 20% of your AP (up from 10%), increases your damage by 30% (up from 15%), and Control durations are increased by 60% (up from 30%).

Getting 15% buff to damage is ok. If you could to any roots. You accully barely ever can - Control does not seem to work anyway since most of mobs/bosses/players have pretty hight control resist or immunity.

What about "Ancient roots" - this power just makes control work longer rather but it is same damage. Feet that you have NOT to take if you plan any pvp. I do think you work in wrong way now. Increase control strength rather then duration and more some suvivability to trappers. Having longer control will only mean half on players at top. yet still if you get them rooted. Due to all your CC immune or resist. Plus longer time of control gives time to regenerate health. And trapper pretty much acher without archer damage when it comes to close range.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thedemien wrote: »

What about making Ice Rays dodgeble as you stated Crush? they are still "dodgeble by luck" no matter of recent changes? Or it going to one more "happy CWs nerf HR changes" ?

About

Do you think that changing to 15% instead of 1 sec will make any difference?

Getting 15% buff to damage is ok. If you could to any roots. You accully barely ever can - Control does not seem to work anyway since most of mobs/bosses/players have pretty hight control resist or immunity.

What about "Ancient roots" - this power just makes control work longer rather but it is same damage. Feet that you have NOT to take if you plan any pvp. I do think you work in wrong way now. Increase control strength rather then duration and more some suvivability to trappers. Having longer control will only mean half on players at top. yet still if you get them rooted. Due to all your CC immune or resist. Plus longer time of control gives time to regenerate health. And trapper pretty much acher without archer damage when it comes to close range.

It s not like they buffed Thaum CWs.. They buffed renegade and that was needed.

Now they only need to buff the shard in PvP again so that people can run different powers aswell as builds..
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    It s not like they buffed Thaum CWs.. They buffed renegade and that was needed.

I don't mind renege buff at all. Problem is that only changes are Buffs. If you remember main problem with CW was and is now even worse is the CW stacking. To fix this they sad they will make OR control OR damage. But not both. On current state CWs have it all and are still PVE kings. And still OP in pvp. Even thought even Crush stated that IR are pretty much impossible to dodge. So I do what to see changes to CWs in both sides as it is for HRs. Rather then 80% useless chanes to HR - nobody from HR have problems with AP gain. We either have no good dailies or good dailies are so much nerfed that having then used again is useless -like disruptive nerf with strormstep action.

And congrats to all CWs that cried about Piercing damage and HR nerf. Now you will have it more )
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Well first of all, they buffed a CW tree that isn't being used so they really didn't buff the current CWs you see today.

Second, HRs are the best PVP class by far on live server. BIS HR will consistently beat a BIS CW, BIS GWF and BIS TR.

Lastly, HRs are the only class I know who can burst someone down and go to full health at the same time
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    Well first of all, they buffed a CW tree that isn't being used so they really didn't buff the current CWs you see today.

Second, HRs are the best PVP class by far on live server. BIS HR will consistently beat a BIS CW, BIS GWF and BIS TR.

Lastly, HRs are the only class I know who can burst someone down and go to full health at the same time

Exactly this.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Renegade (which have been the opposite of OP) changes don't seem like they'll make much difference. Chaos magic needs a total rework. Fury is the only good part of it. Furthermore, we still have to put 5 points into one of two worthless T2 feats. Sure, this keeps Thaums from using Nightmare Wizardry, but they can still take Chilling Control from Oppressors, and Oppressors can take T1 and T2 feats from other trees, while Renegades pretty much have to stick to their own tree.

But I'll test it when it's available and find out for sure.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Well lets start with the point that 80% of people here are not BIS. Refering to BiS is good as long same thing applies on 80% of players not 5%. I do have 19k GS HR btw that I don't play even thought I have good rate on CW kills . And all i what is balance in pvp rather then what it is now that started with CWs being OP in mod 4.

2nd Like I sad before I have no, Any, 0 objection on buffing CWs path that is not used. I what to see changes to others.
    3rd I do recomend you read TRs post. Specially "Shadowy Opportunity" and 75% of Piercing Damage.

And last - I do what CWs to be Control or Damage not both like I sad before. Sadly HR are still in same spot pve wise as they were. Especially on picture of useless changes to HRs -they wont make Trappes any more valueble as controlles or damage dealers as long as CWs are best in both worlds. Having 3-5 CWs is all you need now for 80% of dungeons.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    All i sad is mostly PvE wise.

As far as PVE is concerned, I have no qualms against CWs being nerfed while HRs being buffed. I still think HRs are at a bad place PVE-wise (they have improved a lot since the change in dungeons from having less adds)

Now back to PVP: Icy Rays is one of the best counters against an HR (along with entangling if you are lucky enough to hit an HR with it). While it is true that Disruptive Shot can be dodged, it procs so much faster than Icy Terrain that they are essentially the same guaranteed stun. Nerfing Icy Rays just increases the gap between a Control Wizard and the best PVP class in the game: Hunter Rangers.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No buff to Nightmare Wizardry..?
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    First impression on Trappers is good. Swiftness should now allow the seamless encounter rotation we had in Mod3 and was the core of the HR. AP generation will benefit from that too.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So a 50% permanent damage increase for GWFs? Well this seems really, really, too much. 30% was fine, the only issue was that it wasn't permanent. 50% is slightly over the top.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, most people agree with me that HRs are the most overpowered class in PVP. But I'm sure osterdrache knows more than everyone else right

They are the best pvp class for 1vs1 situations. And they are currently OP, but none of ur listed things is the reason for that. If u whine about a class in this official thread, at least whine about actual facts and not madeup and biased things. As I have shown.

Ask ur sandstorm girl, or mouz, rookz, deadshot, artemis, frosty, jerk or or whatever expierinced HR u have at hand, and maybe, but just maybe, he/she will tell u whats the current issue is with HRs.
    You could also ask me, but I believe you already made up ur mind about me…
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    So a 50% permanent damage increase for GWFs? Well this seems really, really, too much. 30% was fine, the only issue was that it wasn't permanent. 50% is slightly over the top.

This is a 50% buff to instigator though which had no damage at all before, and destroyer has 50% as well via the capstone and the improved Focused destroyer. I expect that in single target destroyer will still be better (due to the ability to gain determination without taking damage), but it looks like instigator will be better in pve clearing by a bit just because it is faster to get the 50% damage than destroyer is.

All in all GWF did not get overpowered with this buff at all i think. the intimidation of sentinals is another story though
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »

Its most likely going to work with stacks that last like 3-5 seconds at most for each.
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Now grants 30% damage and 10% Life Steal (up from 10% and 5% respectively).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 30% Armor Penetration and 30% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 250% of your weapon damage (up from 200% every second).
    • Renegade: Masterful Arcane Theft: Damage bonus increased to 3/6/9/12/15% on targets affected by Chill (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) and 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6% per stack of Arcane Mastery (up from .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3%).
    • Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

Looking forward to testing these -- thanks, Crush!
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard
    hmm I think it's time to upgrade my Thaum to Rene.
    Great Weapon Fighter
    • Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).
    • Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

IV Instigator dmg (by paragon):
    10% permanent & 20+15% from Mark & 10-50% if you are struck in combat.

Not so fast: Allied Opportunity & Vicious Advantage: 35% dmg & 5% crit
    SotS: flat 5% dmg

exmpl build: Deflect&Dmg.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Control Wizard

I'm going to skip to what concerns me: Renegade Wizard (PVE) -
    Chaos Magic
    • Fury - 30% damage is nice, 10% Life Steal is basically useless to CW's, since most of us already stack enough for it to not matter.
    • Nexus - Armor Penetration - pointless, should already have enough to not matter. The 30% Crit Chance is good.
    • Growth - Heal's - no point, that's what Life Steal or your DC should be doing. Completely wasted result.
    Chilling Advantage: still inferior to Storm Spell and the diminished Eye of the Storm. Basically all damage passives are pointless except those 2. Even in mod3 Chilling Advantage was only 1/2 as effective as the old Storm Spell. Since mod4 Storm Spell is normally 25-40% of my DPS, why would I ever use Chilling Advantage. Even with the upgrade to Chilling Advantage, it remains inferior to Evocation (it burns 5 valuable feat points for no more extra damage than Evocation).

Observations:
    • Magic Missile remains substantially inferior to all other CW at-wills in mod4.
    • Renegade still has a 5 feat point structural disadvantage (since all our Tier 2 feats are wasted space).
    • Arcane remains inferior to Chill & Chill Stacking.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Suggestion change for HR's Cruel Recovery Feat

This feat was a good idea, but it really needs a boost. Imo, it should stack up to 5 times every time you crit. This will help Archery builds to actually have a chance to PvP, and making this feat actually a bit useful. Stacking up to 5 times is not that much imo. For a 30k hp HR, it'll give you max 1500 temp hp, with things hitting so hard these days, you'll still get 1 shotted in PvE, and still get taken out fairly fast in PvP.

Perhaps make it only Archery's (and maybe Trappers) capstone gets this 5X buff so combat tree doesn't get the benefit of this. Right now, the only viable PvP build for HR is combat, as anything else will just get melted.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hunter Ranger
    • Melee: Piercing Blade: This feat now correctly looks at post resistance damage when calculating how much damage it should deal.
    • Trapper: Swiftness of the Fox: *Rework* Your Melee encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%. Your Ranged encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    • Trapper: Biting Snares: Now generates 20% of your AP (up from 10%), increases your damage by 30% (up from 15%), and Control durations are increased by 60% (up from 30%).

I know these changes are not up yet. But i wanted to say to make trapper more desirable is not just by buffing damage %, there are fundamental issues with it, like the way Feat:Ancient Thorns, and Feat:Thorned Roots, work together. without ancient thorns the dot is spread over a shorter duration so you do more damage, but when you want longer roots you gimp your damage from thorned roots because of overlapping snares, (Constricting arrow and Hindering Strike) the same goes with the capstone, where you have to keep a mental note of when this buff runs out because of the internal cooldown.

What i suggest is to:
    1. Make it so that the thorned roots dot can stack upon each other,
    2. Remove the Biting Snare cooldown but only making it one stack (so you can keep it refreshed by switching).
    3. Increase the aoe radius of constricting arrow roots (this would help HR in PvE in general. (Currently it is a pitiful 5 yards)
    4. Rework Aspect of the Serpent so that it activates it's damage/crit buff when you switch stance and lasts for 5 seconds whilst resetting the stacks back to 0 and starts counting up until you switch stances again.

These would make the stance switching work more smoothly and feel less rough and clunky, from there you can adjust the % of feats until the damage is right.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    What i suggest is to:
    1. Make it so that the thorned roots dot can stack upon each other,
    2. Remove the Biting Snare cooldown but only making it one stack (so you can keep it refreshed by switching).
    3. Increase the aoe radius of constricting arrow roots (this would help HR in PvE in general. (Currently it is a pitiful 5 yards)
    4. Rework Aspect of the Serpent so that it activates it's damage/crit buff when you switch stance and lasts for 5 seconds whilst resetting the stacks back to 0 and starts counting up until you switch stances again.

These would make the stance switching work more smoothly and feel less rough and clunky, from there you can adjust the % of feats until the damage is right.
    Pretty much agree about 3.
    Would also add increase control strength and area of effect rather then control duration in Biting Snares.
    so that HR control would be able to increase duration if needed with Ancient roots.

Plus trapper does need some survival feet. Like increase healing effects or and temp HP to any buff power. We could pretty much make it instead of Fleet stances as suggestion. This would make HRs buff valueble again - now rearly ever you see HR as buffer even if you find trapper in party.
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Greetings Adventurers!
    There were a lot of other small improvements we wanted to make to a variety of specs, but didn’t really merit their own thread because they are fairly small and focused. Please use this thread for giving feedback on those changes.
    This thread is not for suggesting new feedback, so please constrain it to feedback on changes that are in the patch.

Control Wizard

Crush, a couple of quick questions regarding this change:

1. The % values, will this be a straight up additional crit chance and Armour pen from Nexus? Or instead, will this increase the stat value: I.e I have 1000 Crit and Armour penetration, Nexus procs, and I gain a 30% bonus to the rating giving a total of 1300 Critical strike rating and Armour penetration?

Should this not be the case, and the proc chance, instead gives a flat value of 30% armour penetration (Combined with the % added by the Armour penetration stat - Lets say 24%, would give control wizards a total of 54% Armour penetration in PvP. And whilst this would be sensational from a control wizards point of view, I feel like this is a move in the wrong direction, I fear that giving such a massive damage increase across the board for Cws in this way will only cause more pain and heartache in damage adjustments happening once more. However, I feel that a bonus of a flat 30% additional crit chance, is the right move for Renegades, as this brings the reliance back onto the burst capability of this feat line. Additionally this adjustment should allow the additional procs available in the Renegade line to proc more often. This change should bring the feat line back into a competitive level.

Masterful Arcane Theft increase is extremely exciting.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    uxigaduruxigadur Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Trapper is very fun (i love the design) but the damage from thorned roots comes from weapon damage, because of that when you gear up your character it doesn't mather too much, the DPS has no improvement. That's very frustrating. Even now my GWF with a mixed tier 1 armor set is better than my full tier 2 ranger.

If i have a HR with 4500 power or one with 6000 is currently the same (in that aspect). So, even if you improve the damage of the trapper, as long as the change is not dynamic sooner or later is going to be not enough.

The crowd control part is great, but a CW has that, and better, and it does hit way harder.

Please, consider this option:

Make it a percentage of the damage you deal with the power you used. Or give thorned roots a base damage power can affect
This discussion has been closed.