test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmmm ...

If you implement the possibility of "sprint" while casting the power of rp (standard gwf speed , sprint bonus ) does not hurt to add "casting bar" in power as m-leap, punishing charge, not so fast, and do the instigator "a casting tree" ...

the 3 damage feets key here would increase damage per casting level (+ 33% per level - to put in destroyer line - or more if limited casting for sentinels), damage of casting powers per target (10% CAP5), damage of cast powers x single target (50%).

If you put m-leap / nsf get in intimidation line (single target or x5), this would allow for the pvp, but in this case without being aoe-tank and delay between attacks (which you try compensate with flourish or fls).

being now nsf / mleap in rp line, my "berserk combo" (capstone :rolleyes:) make possible if each encounter burned increased rp by 50% over the top. A casting = 4 attacks of 50% bonus (3 encounters / final Atwill).

People would complain, but without reason. is less tank than the live destroyer and need some skill (but hit reaaaaaaaaaaaaally hard).

I remember ayroux (I guess) saying that gwf should be slower, but dangerous. and pvp people should fear him. I think a gwf walking in your direction with a sword flashing in red and can take half your hp with a jump a good definition of this gwf. not to mention that is aesthetically more like the berserkers of other games.

ps:yes, need "study" the potential of it. is a concept/general projection.

ps2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kWa2d9nBsg

:D... god, i love reaping strike.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: Hunter Ranger: Pathfinder: Careful Attack hits 3-4 times per tick with a DOT enchantment such as Plague Fire or Flaming, resulting in x4 more DPS than intended

Also, list of HR bugs for module 5:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787111-List-of-mod-5-(preview)-HR-bugs

[17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 584 (1018) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 21 (38) Fire Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 588 (1024) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 21 (37) Fire Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 622 (1084) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 21 (38) Fire Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 286 (996) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 10 (36) Fire Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.

That was from one proc of Careful Attack.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    i suggested that reaping should bee ranged a year ago, gwf could use a ranged ability either to finish off running targets, or to have smth to do when defending/capping a point vs ranged classes, hit ranged standing on poles/bridges in pvp or pull targets and have a cool ability

doubt it would be too op since u would have to lose threatening or sure strike for it

A charged sword attack that packs so much force it creates a flying shockwave... the fanboy in me cant wait. But it aint happening here.

What it might be turned into is a charged ranged rush. You take the stance, you charge reaping strike being cc immune while charging, once you release the button you lunge forward to your target ( 30-40 ft range maybe ) dealing the current RS damage plus some sort of light cc effect, short daze, short stun, stagger/slow etc. And it would be a considerable alternative to TR
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Make you move fast as the GF guarding with reaping strike charging up for starters.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Like what class are you playing? A neverwinter commoner for crying out loud ? If Storm Fury doesnt have a 1 second ICD (i was under the impression that it does ) , it should . Other than that there is nothing wrong with it .

The stormfury damage should be a fraction of the received damage.
    With my 12k CW in GG pvp I once hold a 22k CW perma-cc-ed (yep CW should have a way to break cc, most classes have one, but this is a different debate). Will skill finally, for once, win over gear? I thought. Well, gear prevailed. Once I brought his 40k HP to 20k HP, his stormfury started to hit me for 3000 each time any of my spells was hitting him for 500. So, while perma-floating in the air and doing absolutely nothing, maybe refining his enchants or chatting on Twitter the 22k CW defeated the 12k one.
    Stormfury has the same bug as the GWF's DeepGash had long ago, it is an indirect damage that delivers much more damage than the direct damage that triggered it.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    He talks of BiS Saboteurs who I believe will be receiving an adjustment soon or before too long. Plus, TRs get found in stealth all the time. Scoundrels and Executioners are going to be dangerous but HIGHLY exposed and we know what that means.

i dont know how much testing or how do you play you TR

but they cannot be found while they are stealth, but they are damaged by aoe encounters (icy terrain , cagi/daringshout etc.) that doesnt mean they are easy to find while invisible, it just means that they are attacked randomly.

the new DROW set will be used by TRs, they will have alot of HP/deflect

as i tested for over 1 month , with my GWF on instigator.
    i find really really hard to beat a TR.

i encounter problem such as
    1. perma stealth
    2. alot of dodges.
    3. ITC
    4. they pack alot of damage and do alot of DOTs.

imo they have alot of ways to survive, probably you didnt find them yet, but if you ask people around they will explain it to you.

in matter of damage, as gwf if i get to hit the TR i can crit even like 18k with ibs.
    but its a small chance to have an opening against them.

and this is 1 reason why the game will still be unbalanced

because of reasons like this people demand more DPS more DPS more DPS.

if i demand more DPS for GWF to beat the TR, it will result in a inbalance between gwf and CW. i will end up one shotting them.
    thats probably you guys bring feedback without takin in consideration other fights in this game.

STOP GIVING MORE DAMAGE TO GWF/CWS/SWS and NERF HR SELFHEALING , TR permastealthers/dodgespammers/ITCers. / IMMORTAL DCS.

FIX ALREADY THE INTIMIDATION ON GWFS ...
    make him give 350% of weapon damage as damge/ 35% out of max defense instead of 35% out of max power.

BUFF UNSTOPABLE .
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Bug: Hunter Ranger: Pathfinder: Careful Attack hits 3-4 times per tick with a DOT enchantment such as Plague Fire or Flaming, resulting in x4 more DPS than intended

Also, list of HR bugs for module 5:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787111-List-of-mod-5-(preview)-HR-bugs

[17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 584 (1018) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 588 (1024) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 21 (37) Fire Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 622 (1084) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Careful Attack deals 286 (996) Physical Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.
    [17:46] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 10 (36) Fire Damage to WoWiscrapNWisthe****.

That was from one proc of Careful Attack.

On my GF this attack deals another 4x when knight's valor is on, on module 4 i got dealt 24k(deflect damage) in less than 2 seconds in pvp(domination) with ONE AT-WILL attack. I hope this bug gets fixed, because this damage hits through the shield too :/ (not sure if its intended to).
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Pls add marks to Punishing Charge when it hits so it can be made viable
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree that SW casting animations need to be sped up some as they are very slow at the moment compared to the spped the other class attacks come.
    I'd also like it if Blades of Vanquished wasn't cancelled the moment you get stunned/cc'd. Every other fire and forget encounter is persistent despite damage taken except for KV which is now a mode rather than an encounter. It is very underwhelming that our pinnacle encounter is so easily negated.
    While we're at it, why on earth doesn't Blades crit!? Completely unfair and underwhelming again. Blades needs to be persistent and able to crit.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    I agree that SW casting animations need to be sped up some as they are very slow at the moment compared to the spped the other class attacks come.
    I'd also like it if Blades of Vanquished wasn't cancelled the moment you get stunned/cc'd. Every other fire and forget encounter is persistent despite damage taken except for KV which is now a mode rather than an encounter. It is very underwhelming that our pinnacle encounter is so easily negated.
    While we're at it, why on earth doesn't Blades crit!? Completely unfair and underwhelming again. Blades needs to be persistent and able to crit.

Do you really use that encounter in PVP?

Son...........
    edited November 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    I've tested A LOT and against other BiS TR as well as other BiS classes.

i think while using ITC, the TR should be immune to CC , but not immune to damage.
    that would balance the 1vs1. and that would be a challenge for each tr.
    LE: i wanted to say, that he needs to get the full damage, and keep the immunity to CC
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i think while using ITC, the TR should be immune to CC , but not immune to damage.
    new at 20: you are not immune to damage
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Master Infiltrator: Impossible to Catch: Stealth: This power no longer makes you immune to all damage but now also increases your damage resistance by 50%.

Been this way on preview for the revised TR changes.
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Been on preview lately?

It's already like that.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, that was one of the very first changes made. It's one reason why a lot of people who had never considered playing Whisperknife before started testing it out seriously.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    new at 20: You are not immune to damage

50% dr,
    i've said it wrong , you lurkers !!!
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    50% dr,
    i've said it wrong , you lurkers !!!

Put that goal post back where you found it!
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do you really use that encounter in PVP?

Son...........

Does it matter? You can be knocked out of it in PvE same as in PvP so I fail to see the relevance of your query. Nor too does it crit in either play so all in all it is a suggestion for improvement across the board so again... relevance?
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    CW feedback:

It kinda sucks that the only way we have any remotely chance to kill TR is to slot Icy terrain and Stealtime. The problem here is that if any other class comes while we have these encounters slotted, we are dead.

THIS is totally useless. Switching encounters in a fight or even switching encounters every 5 min when we going up against something else is utterly annoying and it actually makes PvP for CWs boring. Its also unfair because we lose concentration when we have to switch stuff back and forward and often we have to do this during an actually fight or while we run from one node to another.

Give us a profile-system or something so that we can switch profiles fast or fix the TR class so we are not forced to use Icy terrain and Stealtime just to have a chance against TRs.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: Chaos Magic

More than one kind of Chaos Magic can be applied at a time. The description states that only one kind of chaos magic can be in effect at a time and a second chaos magic cannot be triggered until the first expires. That is not happening.

Here I applied Chaotic Fury and Chaotic growth to myself simultaneously:

9amo78.jpg

I went through ACT to check if that was unusual or the norm. Here's a parse of Chaotic Fury and Chaotic Nexus triggering one second apart:

11jq4x5.jpg

Just to confirm that it was me applying both types of Chaos magic and not another CW I went to the Dread Ring where I was the only person in the instance and was still able to apply two types of Chaos Magic at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zaikoshenzaikoshen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014

DC
    Everyone talking about HR's, CW's, TR's and GWF's and forget about the DC's, they become gods walking with mortals
    its just impossible to defeat one dc in a group match and close to impossible to kill.

TR
    Gloaming Cut hitting 6~16k and bloodbaths or shocking executions with pretty OP damage AND OP gear coming to turn more OP than ever and the worst thing, they even need recovery now to do perma stealth, only focus on power and other stats...

CW
    Excelent changes no things turning the cw OP or worst on pvp.
    On pve, the changes of renegade are pretty cool, a buffer CW coming and all builds are usable, all with beneffits and weakness except for the MoF with useless class features and no utility powers.

HR's
    Finally the correction! they turned the pvp horrible for months!

GF's
    Take care with GF's no changes comin for the class and this put in risk the useless for GF's on this game again.

SW's
    Pretty OP, and the new paragon is much better than old no much to talk because the changes are good as well.
    vP2Jm4O.png

<Absolute>
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: Storm Pillar
    Can we get Storm Pillar to crit correctly! Lets not go through ANOTHER mod with it in this broken state.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    CW feedback:

It kinda sucks that the only way we have any remotely chance to kill TR is to slot Icy terrain and Stealtime. The problem here is that if any other class comes while we have these encounters slotted, we are dead.

THIS is totally useless. Switching encounters in a fight or even switching encounters every 5 min when we going up against something else is utterly annoying and it actually makes PvP for CWs boring. Its also unfair because we lose concentration when we have to switch stuff back and forward and often we have to do this during an actually fight or while we run from one node to another.

Give us a profile-system or something so that we can switch profiles fast or fix the TR class so we are not forced to use Icy terrain and Stealtime just to have a chance against TRs.

How's it any different from the TRs requiring to slot [Shadow Strike] and use [Tenacious Concealment + Offhand artifact power augment] as a must, otherwise cease to function right after initial stealth is gone and spend the next short moments of its life being CCd, bombarded, prevented from regenerating stealth meter and unable to stealth? Does any CW really understand what utter bullshi* it feels like when you're in stealth, and then some passive proc inflicts damage on you and wrecks havoc to your stealth when you're attacking from range and not even close to the target?

The same holds for any class. You can't prepare for everything, so you prioritize in your character setup. Hence why many good players also carry multiple versions of same weapons with diff. enchantments, or learn to switch powers/class features at lightning speed.

It's also the reason why PvP is a team fight. You prepare for certain things, your teammates prepare for those you can't.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Because in that case, the TR can one-shot anyone while the CW is still a free kill
  • borisadrianborisadrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actualy u are very wrong. When u look at PVP it stands for Person versus Person and not person versus air or ghost. If u are a TR and u only hang on the stealth, then ur crapy one. TR's stealth its not meant for to be ur ONLY skill, like u sayd: no stealth = death. U are very wrong my friend.
    Every class has something specific for it but its not actualy the main,or only way of wining. And getting CC'ed al the time can actualy be avoided due to stacking of tenacity.
    So actualy you do have a very good chance on geting a CW down, since he only has Entangling as a controling skill...and all the others just slow u down. But geting hits from thin air until death ...cannot be solved with anything,there is nothing u can get to counteract that ...

My friend"hfgtfsdfs" has a point. A very nice feature would be to have 1-2 different skill sets that u can swap without opening the skill menu and drag them into ur skill slots. Put a timer on it, an off combat condition ...etc etc. but will come very handy.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Feedback Instigator:

instigator still lacks defensive mechanic so my suggestion is to change and improve 2 feats.
    Nimble Runner- Bravery sloted now grants +5% more deflect and 10% more mov speed.
    Instigator Vengenance- now grants +30% determination gain from damage taken together with the damage bonus it has.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    Feedback Instigator:

instigator still lacks defensive mechanic so my suggestion is to change and improve 2 feats.
    Nimble Runner- Bravery sloted now grants +5% more deflect and 10% more mov speed.
    Instigator Vengenance- now grants +30% determination gain from damage taken together with the damage bonus it has.

Nice changes but my spider sense tells me the devs are going to plain ignore them along with other possible changes suggested before. They are busy making other classes OP atm.

This new instigator at least seems better than destroyer for PvP DPS, since you can use vorpal, not needing to stack stuff to deal damage. Too bad that for a supposed tank/DPS hybrid it greatly lacks the "tank" part.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Nice changes but my spider sense tells me the devs are going to plain ignore them along with other possible changes suggested before. They are busy making other classes OP atm.

This new instigator at least seems better than destroyer for PvP DPS, since you can use vorpal, not needing to stack stuff to deal damage. Too bad that for a supposed tank/DPS hybrid it greatly lacks the "tank" part.

well thing is this mod was dedicated for TR/DC changes
    i can see changes coming to other classes later in mod 5 so lets not lose our hopes.

side note:who dafuq is GWF advocate?
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    That is a good question... some players suggested/implied that GWF Avocate is not a GWF player at all...

imho gwf advocate is some CW fanboy who doesnt even have GWF on his acc if we have one at all

well will just have to find something to play til mod6, maybe new class and stuff, as it is i dont see any reason to play gwf
    Paladin Master Race
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    pls make intimidation 70% of power plzzzzzzzzz
This discussion has been closed.