Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: CW and TR (possible DC as well) DODGES

- At this time, after dodging there is a sizable time frame where you character gets "stuck", i.e. unable to chain a second dodge immediately. This is EASILY exploitable by throwing a CC at the end of the dodge, such as Frontline or Bull Charge. It will land with guaranteed results.

Please fix and make second dodge more responsive.

Also reported in the TR feedback.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: CW and TR (possible DC as well) DODGES

- At this time, after dodging there is a sizable time frame where you character gets "stuck", i.e. unable to chain a second dodge immediately. This is EASILY exploitable by throwing a CC at the end of the dodge, such as Frontline or Bull Charge. It will land with guaranteed results.

Please fix and make second dodge more responsive.

Also reported in the TR feedback.

Im pretty sure thats designed intentionally. As thats always existed with dodges. Dodges have never been a consistant spam of invincibility. That slight pause frame of vunerablility has always been there.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    storm fury: it procs way too often and from any type of dots including weapon enchantment leading to people dying in unfair ways.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    storm fury: it procs way too often and from any type of dots including weapon enchantment leading to people dying in unfair ways.

Yeah I posted a bug report about it. It is the same situation with Ferocious Reaction.

Sadly I think they will both go live.

Also without Storm Fury a CW cannot kill either HR or TR.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I posted a bug report about it. It is the same situation with Ferocious Reaction.

Sadly I think they will both go live.

Also without Storm Fury a CW cannot kill either HR or TR.
    same with perfect bloodtheft

and you cannot dodge chain. after you dodge for some miliseconds you are immune to damage, both dc/cw/tr ...
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the CW is in a good place now compared to other classes except for TRs. We cant do anything against them and people calling for nerfs on our powers that actually does help us a bit against a TR (storm fury/stealtime).

On live the CW is stronger than a TR if played right, but we have to switch powers and run a setup only good against TRs and no other classes. But on the testshard, the TR is way out of line in both stealth and damage for a CW to be able to put up a fight. The fight is very one-sided.

Maybe a decent bonus for shield on TABB with the new PvP set could help with this. Trs get 30% extra stealth while the CW gets nothing since we have shield on TABB.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I think the CW is in a good place now compared to other classes except for TRs. We cant do anything against them and people calling for nerfs on our powers that actually does help us a bit against a TR (storm fury/stealtime).

On live the CW is stronger than a TR if played right, but we have to switch powers and run a setup only good against TRs and no other classes. But on the testshard, the TR is way out of line in both stealth and damage for a CW to be able to put up a fight. The fight is very one-sided.

Storm Fury needs a rework, its damage is too random, unpredictable and sometimes ridiculously high due to multiple procs.

We need something more reliable and helpful, without the huge procs that aren't even consistent and a matter of pure luck.
  • Options
    eyehateevery1eyehateevery1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Storm Fury needs a rework, its damage is too random, unpredictable and sometimes ridiculously high due to multiple procs.

We need something more reliable and helpful, without the huge procs that aren't even consistent and a matter of pure luck.

The fact that it only activates when we are at 50% hp , hits random targets and not the one you are focusing,make up for its damage. The fact that it works better against DOTs and DOT weapon enchantments is WAI . Those enchants have their pros and cons , just think about how TRs have been feeling when we are draining their stealth with Biles/Flamings . Its only natural that those enchants will work against you in some scenarios. And regarding the multiple hits , iirc Storm Fury has an ICD and thats why u cant proc it more than once per second (I have videos of 1v1s against TOP HRs -who also think that SF is ok and that ppl calling for nerfs on it are going for the free kills ONLY - and they showcase that even with their full dots on me, SF would proc on an average frequency of once per 1.5sec .
    TAKE AWAY ANYTHING FROM STORM FURY AND CWs ARE BACK TO MOD 2 without our Meatball this time . No CW will even queue for PvP that way (since qq from any other class has made half CWs' tools unusable)

YOU PPL SHOULD LOOK INTO WHY CHILLING ADVANTAGE DOESNT WORK (has never worked EVER) AND NOT ASK FOR NERFS to the few remaining powers that give CWs any solid ground to go into PvP . After all, when Storm Fury procs , ur half-way done to your victory against me , and it took you like 0.3% of your rotation to get me to 25k hp down from 50k hp AND I still have those nasty-YEAH BRUH NOT BROKEN AT ALL - Carefull Attack dots on me , so bringing some RANDOM pain into the mix isnt exactly what I would call unfair .
    Wanna see unfair? Go to IWP on the test server and watch 15k GS TRs obliterating any class with 25k gs . WAI ...
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Storm Fury is the CW's only defense against TRs and HRs..... and BIS CWS still usually lose to them
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    storm fury: six procs in 1 sec for 18k
    Here http://pastebin.com/3yic13eX
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

This is WAI.

:)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well that's what happens when you nerf the CW and make them dependent on features and feats for damage. Now they roll with storm fury to keep on top.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    this is wai.

:)

hilarious.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Well what does that say about the CW and TRs?
    When a TR wins easy against a CW even with storm fury.

Ive been saying the whole time that damage needs to move from our passives to our encounters. But they cant just remove the damage from the passives and not give it back another way that requires a bit more skill to use.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey all, we have made a couple of bug fixes to several things, and made some changes to improve Trapper gameplay slightly.
    • Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.

Bug: I tested this out just now and thorned roots were still working along mod-4 lines (ie 500% over life of roots). They also don't seem to be benefiting from control strength (ie the damage was distributed over 7 secs even while master trapper was active). I was using a combat dummy as a test, so there shouldn't have been any control immunity mucking with the effects
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: I tested this out just now and thorned roots were still working along mod-4 lines (ie 500% over life of roots). They also don't seem to be benefiting from control strength (ie the damage was distributed over 7 secs even while master trapper was active). I was using a combat dummy as a test, so there shouldn't have been any control immunity mucking with the effects

This change is not in the current build. Always check Crush's post date against the actual most recent patch notes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    .... any class with 25k gs . WAI ...
    Well I want to see 25k GS CW people first. And I do want to see how bad they play if 15k TR can wipe them. Just saying.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Well I want to see 25k GS CW people first. And I do want to see how bad they play if 15k TR can wipe them. Just saying.

I wasnt talkin just about CWs you know... GWFs, GFs ,DCs even freaking TOP HRs (emphasis on the TOP part) with all the new gear have lost to stun + Bloodbath by TR alts with just purple mod 3 gear (no naming and shaming) on the test server . Just spend some time there man (if the devs did too we wouldn't have had to post 90 pages here...).

Oh. also forgot to say that im standing at 23.5k in test-server domination . with a few different choices I can tackle 24-24.5k i think .
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014

If the current tendency of mega-damage DoT/auto-procs is going to persist, then CW/SWs need powers that either remove, suppress, or lower the damage of incoming DoT attacks.

Dunno if its a bug, but HRs already have a DoT dropper that removes all conventional DoTs on use.

Otherwise, CW/SWs are just meat for TRs.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

If the current tendency of mega-damage DoT/auto-procs is going to persist, then CW/SWs need powers that either remove, suppress, or lower the damage of incoming DoT attacks.

Dunno if its a bug, but HRs already have a DoT dropper that removes all conventional DoTs on use.

Otherwise, CW/SWs are just meat for TRs.

either ALL classes should get DoT droppers or HRs get fixed (fox's cunning removing DoTs)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    all the HRs , CWs , TRs and DCs are weak.. please give them more buffs... as i aprox kill them with my 1 rotation. thx
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    SUNBURST: it ignores CC immunity
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    (fox's cunning removing DoTs)

I thought it was nullifying the next atack from the opponent.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    So nothing for GWF for mod 5? I find it funny how fast devs reacted and buffed the tearing up CWs but GWFs are being completely and utterly ignored.

1. A nerf to intimidation which more and more looks uncalled for due to every other class getting boosted extensively.
    2. Hillarious changes to instigator with the excuse of making him a hybrid but forgetting to mention it's a hybrid between a dps class and a mushroom due to ZERO survivability?
    3. And the thousands of times people told you to revise the stacks system of the destroyer because we hate it with a passion and you still do nothing??

Stop ignoring us!

Deep gash, Intimidation, always the same process. They bring wrong answers to true concerns and then they wipe out their own "fixes" without any kind of compensation. Insti would be almost playable... if the game had only gwf as a class.

Implementation bugs:
    Encounters delivering 1k damage is not what DnD says for this class.
    Dailies delivering zero damage, unlike the dailies of all the other classes, is not what DnD says
    Stacks, sprint is not what DnD says. Fierce berzerk charge at the enemy can never be translated into running away like a sissy.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    pindaoppindaop Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    all the HRs , CWs , TRs and DCs are weak.. please give them more buffs... as i aprox kill them with my 1 rotation. thx

one rotation is way to much you need one encounter at most
    to be op
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    pindaop wrote: »
    one rotation is way to much you need one encounter at most
    to be op

weak. TR's can kill with just 1 at-will
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    can you belive those classes? :-ss they should kill with doohikey ..
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    I thought it was nullifying the next atack from the opponent.

It drops the whole DoT sequence. For instance, I've tested and confirmed that Fox's Cunning also kills Duelist's Flurry bleed-DoTs. Get hit by the deadly DF? Don't panic, push Fox's Cunning and voila. No more huge bleeds.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I feel that since the new PvP Drow gear was announced the priority-list has changed for the Control Wizards. And the problem described below is on the top of that list now.

We Control Wizards now have a new disadvantage in PvP that was introduced with the new Drow gear. Since a CW is extremely squishy and have real problems surviving in PvP, we are forced to use the shield on TABB. This is a FACT. You may say "nobody is forcing you to use shield on TABB", but that is not true because you can also say that nobody is forcing you to breathe, but if you don't you die and same happens for CW in PvP without the shield on TABB.

So the new disadvantage is the set-bonus on the new Drow-gear. Since the CWs are using shield on TABB to survive in PvP, we have no use at all of the bonus given by the gear. So while most of the other classes gets a big buff with the bonus - we don't and that's unfair.

The bonus
    Your powers in the Spell Mastery slot have 35% faster Recharge Speed and deal 8.5% more damage.

Explanation of the problem
    Since using the shield only when we die we take no advantage of faster Recharge Speed or more damage. The only reason why we would ever "pop" the shield in a fight is if we accidentally press the key. Once the shield is gone we are an very easy target.

My opinions
    First of all, I think the need for shield is wrong in the first place. We should be able to survive better without wasting one of our encounters for the shield. And wasting our TABB to survive is even worse. And now when we don't only waste an encounter and TABB we also waste the PvP set bonus. All in the name of the shield. That is very wrong according to me. And this needs a fix ASAP.

So how to fix the problem? The way I see it, there are four ways.

1. Make the CW a bit more defensive so that we don't need the shield at all. This would solve all the problems. The shield should be a BONUS, not a requirement to even survive. I don't know the best way to do this in PvP. Maybe boost our tenacity or something. In this case you would ofc have to nerf the shield so we wouldn't be OP.

2. Change the set-bonus on the Drow-gear so that if shield is slotted it should give x% more DR instead of faster Recharge Speed and more damage. This must be enough so that it is equally good as 35% faster Recharge Speed and deal 8.5% more damage. Maybe 15% more DR?

3. Make the set-bonus affect all our encounters-slots not just TABB. You would have to rework the bonus in this case so we don't get 35% faster Recharge Speed and 8.5% extra damage on all encounters. Lower the numbers since it would affect four encounters. Maybe 3% damage and 11.5% faster Recharge Speed on all encounters.

4. Now this third option isn't the best but its better then what we have now. Make shield as strong as it is on TABB on none-tabbed. That means that we don't have to use it on TABB and still be able to survive and have some other encounter om TABB that can take advantage from the Drow-setbonus.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I feel that since the new PvP Drow gear was announced the priority-list has changed for the Control Wizards. And the problem described below is on the top of that list now.

We Control Wizards now have a new disadvantage in PvP that was introduced with the new Drow gear. Since a CW is extremely squishy and have real problems surviving in PvP, we are forced to use the shield on TABB. This is a FACT. You may say "nobody is forcing you to use shield on TABB", but that is not true because you can also say that nobody is forcing you to breathe, but if you don't you die and same happens for CW in PvP without the shield on TABB.

So the new disadvantage is the set-bonus on the new Drow-gear. Since the CWs are using shield on TABB to survive in PvP, we have no use at all of the bonus given by the gear. So while most of the other classes gets a big buff with the bonus - we don't and that's unfair.

The bonus
    Your powers in the Spell Mastery slot have 35% faster Recharge Speed and deal 8.5% more damage.

Explanation of the problem
    Since using the shield only when we die we take no advantage of faster Recharge Speed or more damage. The only reason why we would ever "pop" the shield in a fight is if we accidentally press the key. Once the shield is gone we are an very easy target.

My opinions
    First of all, I think the need for shield is wrong in the first place. We should be able to survive better without wasting one of our encounters for the shield. And wasting our TABB to survive is even worse. And now when we don't only waste an encounter and TABB we also waste the PvP set bonus. All in the name of the shield. That is very wrong according to me. And this needs a fix ASAP.

So how to fix the problem? The way I see it, there are three ways.

1. Make the CW a bit more defensive so that we don't need the shield at all. This would solve all the problems. The shield should be a BONUS, not a requirement to even survive at all. I don't know the best way to do this in PvP. Maybe boost our tenacity or something.

2. Change the set-bonus on the Drow-gear so that all our encounters benefits from it. Maybe if shield is slotted it should give x% more DR instead of faster Recharge Speed and more damage. This must be enough so that it is equally good as 35% faster Recharge Speed and deal 8.5% more damage. Maybe 15% more DR?

3. Now this third option isn't the best but its better then what we have now. Make shield as strong as it is on TABB but none-tabbed. That means that we dont have to use it on TABB and still be able to survive and have some other encounter om TABB that can take advantage from the Drow-setbonus.

Well, I have to agree . Drow gear is going to bring the pain for most classes ,while CWs get the short end of the stick. Something needs to be done about it .
This discussion has been closed.