Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    bug
    Sunburst and terrifying impact goes through cc immunity.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    bug
    Sunburst and terrifying impact goes through cc immunity (unstoppable, GF guard, ITC etc.).
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    GWF simply feels too weak compared to others who can fight SAFELY from a distance. Especially considering you've no choice but to risk the biscuit or just stare at em from a distance and be completely worthless.

This.

When facing weak foes, group has no need of a gwf. When facing strong foes, group has no need of a gwf. Mod5 gwf is a mere viewer, spectator, onlooker of fights completed by the rest of the group.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    soriniakovsoriniakov Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    • Hunter Ranger: Disruptive Shot: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Hunter Ranger: Pathfinder: Bear Trap: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

currently in M4 wisdom doesn't affect on roots duration.

do you have a plans to fix a bug or it already fixed?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seriously, why can't the GWF get a revamp on their encounters, like the GF did? Half of them are ungodly weak, half of them are practically of no viable use.

Punishing charge?! C'mon, you guys seriously can't think that it does something!
    Not so fast, reaping strike, split shot laughs at these. Just do some blacklake skirmishes to feel it!
    Mighty leap, was semi-useful to avoid getting CC'd by NPCs, but still harmless. But now with the sprint CC immunity this encounter is 100% useless!
    Battle Fury, ONLY useful in pvp to gain your stamina back and make a shameful dash for a potion or different node.

GF has bull charge. Please give the GWF something enjoyable like that. They got huge swords, but can't send stuff flying?
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    The one class which could really use some help in PvP at the moment, considering all the other changes, is the Scourge Warlock. That's besides just introducing the new paragon path.

Especially in light of the reduction of CW and DC casting times, SW casting times on a lot of powers should be reduced by at least the same proportion, if not more, as many SW powers take an excessive amount of time to cast. Additionally, SWs lack damage immunity frames, which places them in the same position as GWFs, but with worse access to defensive stats and additional defensive boosts. While their range helps compensate for that, even the tankiest SWs can die very quickly. Since they need to stand still to cast, they get CCed easily by classes with faster animations, and can then be burst down fast.

The new paragon path does have the ability to boost SW tankiness a little, at the expense of damage output, but its full potential is hard to realize in PvP, given the way the stacking system works -- stacks building up relatively slowly for PvP, and falling off instantly.

On Live, SWs are in a bad spot. On Preview, they are overall worse off, seeming slightly better only in some cases (i.e. against combat HRs, which received some nerfs, but still beat SWs).

So please, do show SWs a little love for module 5 too.

This affects CWs none or barely in PVE. Its for PVP.
    Those single target power used mostly in PVP.

As I recall SWs got:
    Armor pen fix
    More creeping death options. (new necrotic at-will)
    New powerfull Paragon (spark mechanism) with possible new bugs...
    So there might be new options to discover in PVE or PVP as well.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    all these radical changes to all classes is really stopping me from buying anything... i really cant invest into something that may become useless in 1 week to 3 months. If this works for you guys well it is what it is, but you wont ever get money from me nor would i ever recommend the game to anyone.

I have no more input to give for class balance as it is pretty clear by now that balance is not what you are after, but rather giving yourselves a reason for the next radical change in the next patch: more respecs, other artifact/gear needs and so on! That makes it a very very poor investment for me!
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    New powerfull Paragon.

New SW paragon is far from being powerful, actually, it's very weak compared to Hellbringer DPS wise and doesn't come with interesting options for any tree, class features are really bad and the daily even worse, the only good thing is the new mechanic and the effects when you collect souls but that's all.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this but are the new Drow PvP armor sets supposed to have overload slots or not? at the moment they don't have any and adding the new gear sets seems pointless since most people would probably prefer pvp gear with overload slots , that is unless some big change to glyphs in pvp is coming?.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the correct thread to ask this but are the new Drow PvP armor sets supposed to have overload slots or not? at the moment they don't have any and adding the new gear sets seems pointless since most people would probably prefer pvp gear with overload slots , that is unless some big change to glyphs in pvp is coming?.

would be OP on TRs, bonus stealth + glyphs = gg much. unless glyphs are out of the game then yeah overload slots away!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    drow pvp armor set??? where?
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    drow pvp armor set??? where?

In its own thread...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788761-Drow-PvP-Equipment
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    CWs needs a buff against TRs. I suggest buffing these powers:

Stealtime - Should force TR out of stealth no matter what for more than 0.5 seconds. We cant even land a single encounter on them during that short period.

Icy terrain - Same thing, force TR out of stealth a bit better.

The problem for CW is that when we fight a mod5 TR, they are in stealth like 99% of the fight and that's a one-sided fight and its really hard to force them out of it to have a chance to do some damage or kill t hem.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback CW new PvP set

We need a more useful set bonus, that is applying to Shield as well. In almost every PvP situation, CWs are forced to use Shield on Mastery (without popping it) to survive and slightly reduce CC duration. The current set bonus is useless to us in these situations, while other classes get crazy-good bonuses PvP-wise such as more Stealth and heals on Deflect.

Thanks.

Suggestion:

Let us salvage our Profound sets for Glory for a limited period of time.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Feedback CW new PvP set

We need a more useful set bonus, that is applying to Shield as well. In almost every PvP situation, CWs are forced to use Shield on Mastery (without popping it) to survive and slightly reduce CC duration. The current set bonus is useless to us in these situations, while other classes get crazy-good bonuses PvP-wise such as more Stealth and heals on Deflect.

Thanks.

Yeah the shield is a MUST in PvP and I really don't like that we are so squishy so that we are FORCED to use shield in PvP. And we have to waste an encounter for the survivability we cant be without.

And with the new PvP sets, well its not only an encounter wasted but the full bonus from the set too.. They should nerf the shield and buff our survivability so we don't have to rely on an shield encounter as much as we do now..

Or a lazy solution: Add a protection bonus for the shield on tabb, like 15% more DR instead of the lower cooldown and the damage bonus from the profund/drow sets.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    They should nerf the shield and buff our survivability so we don't have to rely on an shield encounter as much as we do now..

Good idea if implemented right. I don't think any CW really likes the Shield.

More feedback for CW PvP set - Stat distribution:

As a squishy class with decent damage, Life Steal is important to CWs in PvP. It is the reason many CWs chose Purified BI set, which offers significant amounts of Life Steal and HP as well.

It would be amazing if some of the set pieces would offer Life Steal.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good idea if implemented right. I don't think any CW really likes the Shield.

More feedback for CW PvP set - Stat distribution:

As a squishy class with decent damage, Life Steal is important to CWs in PvP. It is the reason many CWs chose Purified BI set, which offers significant amounts of Life Steal and HP as well.

It would be amazing if some of the set pieces would offer Life Steal.

I would never ever want to use shield. But I'm forced to use it so I can survive in PvP. Otherwise I would be dead within a few seconds against any enemy. Thats what I hate about it, its giving us something that we already should have. One missclick in a fight and I lose the shield = I'm dead.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    i know i;ve asked for an IWIN button, you really shouldnt have! Thank you for the overload slots on drow gear!
  • Options
    levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Combat is not the only way to play pvp. Trappers can be quite effective but you have to play them as trappers: you cannot run into a mob swinging and expect to walk out. The point of having three path to choose from is just that: you have to make a choice and this means accepting the advantages and disadvantages of your choice. It seems to me that those who want to go back to mod 3 HRs want to have their cake and eat it too.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ... I WAS ABOUT TO SAY SOMETH BUT I STOPPED ...

i am pretty mega sure you have a schedule with all this updates
    and the DROW pvp sets were about to come after module 5. but you made it in a way to come faster... well i cannot say anything more. just GG and lets hope in the near future we will have some balance for classes in pvp and new types of pvp.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So nothing for GWF for mod 5? I find it funny how fast devs reacted and buffed the tearing up CWs but GWFs are being completely and utterly ignored.

1. A nerf to intimidation which more and more looks uncalled for due to every other class getting boosted extensively.
    2. Hillarious changes to instigator with the excuse of making him a hybrid but forgetting to mention it's a hybrid between a dps class and a mushroom due to ZERO survivability?
    3. And the thousands of times people told you to revise the stacks system of the destroyer because we hate it with a passion and you still do nothing??

Stop ignoring us!
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Combat is not the only way to play pvp. Trappers can be quite effective but you have to play them as trappers: you cannot run into a mob swinging and expect to walk out. The point of having three path to choose from is just that: you have to make a choice and this means accepting the advantages and disadvantages of your choice. It seems to me that those who want to go back to mod 3 HRs want to have their cake and eat it too.

Agreed. Also, PvE trapper and PvP trapper use completely different encounters. It takes some good planning, but it's very possible.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In terms of pvp balance, vs other classes trapper and combat are both good. Combat has the advantage of having an insane amount of healing (which needs a tone-down) and burst damage, while trapper has the advantage of dodges and shorter cooldowns. Trapper is probably better against other melee classes (exception of combat HRs), such as TR, GWF and GF, while combat hr has similar effectiveness because of the damage/healing, and tends to be better against ranged classes because of the huge burst and healing. The only noticeable difference against other classes is that trapper is better than combat against trs because of the mobility with lower cooldowns. However, trapper doesn't really stand a chance against combat in 1v1s.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    In terms of pvp balance, vs other classes trapper and combat are both good. Combat has the advantage of having an insane amount of healing (which needs a tone-down) and burst damage, while trapper has the advantage of dodges and shorter cooldowns. Trapper is probably better against other melee classes (exception of combat HRs), such as TR, GWF and GF, while combat hr has similar effectiveness because of the damage/healing, and tends to be better against ranged classes because of the huge burst and healing. The only noticeable difference against other classes is that trapper is better than combat against trs because of the mobility with lower cooldowns. However, trapper doesn't really stand a chance against combat in 1v1s.
    u are sayin some truth there..
  • Options
    edited November 2014

The primary reason why I'm going back to MoF. Mega nerf to pillar in mod 5, and no actions to improve it to compensate for the dependency of crits for spell storm.
  • Options
    charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Make viable the use of the skills Ice Terrain and Steal Time in pvp.

Ice Terrain: double the area of effect and reduce the damage to 20% of weapon damage.
    Steal Time: Add immunity to control when performing the skill.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

I'm kinda upset about this situation too.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I'm kinda upset about this situation too.

I have for a long time. I've been doing what I can to remind the devs in every feedback and give them a quick whisper when in the veyr rare times they come online.

Its been broken like this since mod 3. And once before in mod 2 before they fixed it then only for it to become broken again in the following mod.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It's not cheap anyway. Even if you charge up on a non-agro'd mob you won't even proc EotS before you blast them with storm pillar, so you have to charge it up again to crit. Besides, it's a high-risk spell to use especially considering how SS CWs generate so much agro so you'll not be charging up pillar again anyway less you want to be CC'd to death in a dungeon delve.
This discussion has been closed.