Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback, Great Weapon Fighter, instigator:

Feat: Nimble Runner
    When sprinting you gain 10% increased deflection chance, and when you deflect a incoming hit, you regenerate 1/2/3/4/5% of your total stamina

Feat: Reinforced Surge
    Frontline surge stuns for 0,1/0,2/0,3/0,4/0,5 seconds more, damage increased by 5% and cooldown reduced by 2/4/6/8/10%

Feat: Instigator vengeance
    Your damage is increased by 10% permanently, and when you get hit you gain additional 10% damage, stacks 4 times. In addition, your determination gain is increased by 80% while sprinting

Feedback, sprint:
    Make it as responsive as SW zoom, with instant rush at full speed and actual immunity frames. Please.

Explanation: Instigator tree is supposed to be a DPS/tank hybrid. Lacks in the tank department so the whole idea behind these changes is to give:

- A good sinergy with sprint, with stamina gain linked to deflect chance you get while sprinting. A GWF instigator can go up to 40% deflect while sprinting which is good enough to regenerate some sprint but no OP since 5% stamina on 40% deflect chance is not really OP. Just noticeable in my opinion.

- A bit more CC thanks to a small cooldown reduction (10% is around 1,6 seconds cooldown reduction on FLS)

- More determination gain linked to sprint again.

Considering instigator gets the basic 15-30% DR from unstoppable but lacks the CD reduction on battle fury like the destro counterpart, i think these small changes would add more survivability and bring instigator where it should be in PvP, with a proactive way to boost your survivability (ability to time sprint with the incoming attacks or you waste the sinergy) and more mobility to place yourself and move around the battlefield.
    The GWF would need to also time sprint to boost his determination gain.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I feel your pain, as I have a 17.5K glass cannon GWF IV Destroyer who has seen very little action in mod 4 because of those nerfs.
    30% crit + ~45% crit of TR or HR = 75% crit (for much longer time than your 100% crit, and for whole party). TRs and HRs under this buff will clean whole arena in seconds So, NERF, NERF and NERF (in PvP). At least by adding long global CD

While I'm not going to say 30% crit is useless, as I say about Growth, but I think giving GWFs and HRs, in particular, 30% Arp is stronger. They're going to be able to ignore pretty much all DR, like they do in PvE.

Luckily for most players, there are very few renegades out there, CM doesn't proc what you want very often (once they fix the bugs that allow multiple, never ending CM buffs), and I don't see many Thaums or Oppressors going Renegade, unless they used to play them. Renegades take skill to play effectively. Most players don't want to think that much. In PvP, I believe Assailant and the ability to perma freeze will trump everything a renegade has.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    paukan007 wrote: »
    Also, there is unfixed bug, allowing to stack all three chaos buffs permanently until you leave location.
    It's very bad idea to make these buffs party-wide until bug will be fixed. One bugged CW will spoil whole fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRoGln9GYk

Bug confirmed.

I can get all the 3 rene buffs on me, all the time 100% uptime, continuous refreshing.

This is gamebreaking.

Please fix.

Steps to reproduce:

- get 100% AP
    - cast Arcane Singularity on something
    - use GM Help/Defeat me option during AS
    - release from death
    - now you have 3 Rene buffs on you

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Question: did you used Thorn Ward and/or Rain of Arrows on that fight? if not, mind if you can be kind enough to tell us your LS stat + if you have endless consumption and your rotation?

To answer you and Demonkyuubi: nope, for a GWF in this mod 4, the fight vs Aboleth is really a HARD and LONG to almost impossible to solo it, trust me.

EDIT: But, again, you all are missing the point (that's why you should ignore P2W players): is really fine and good for you all that a T2 dungeon/CN could be solo'ed???? O_oUu

I had my usual array: Fox, Thorn and Rain. The tactic is easy: drop Rain (if you have time) or Thorn on the boss and run in circle, dodging when needed, staying close to the center of the platform to avoid being thrown off. As encounters come off cooldown rush to the boss and drop them again. When the boss disappears throw Rain and Thorn on the ground and bring the monsters under them until boss comes back. If you get hit while Thorn and Rain are not active shift to melee and Fox Shift to heal. I had 10.3% lifesteal and Endless Consumption, 24k HP, 36% DR, and I guess around 40% deflect most of time due to Lone Wolf. GS is 18.3k with Royal Guard.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had my usual array: Fox, Thorn and Rain. The tactic is easy: drop Rain (if you have time) or Thorn on the boss and run in circle, dodging when needed, staying close to the center of the platform to avoid being thrown off. As encounters come off cooldown rush to the boss and drop them again. When the boss disappears throw Rain and Thorn on the ground and bring the monsters under them until boss comes back. If you get hit while Thorn and Rain are not active shift to melee and Fox Shift to heal. I had 10.3% lifesteal and Endless Consumption, 24k HP, 36% DR, and I guess around 40% deflect most of time due to Lone Wolf. GS is 18.3k with Royal Guard.

Exactly what I am talking about, when mentioning "passive combat sucks" on HRs. Apply DoTs and summons once, and then all you need to do is simply run around and concentrate on survival with occasional DoT refreshment, and the mechanic just automatically damages/heals for you.

Everything about the HR is "auto". You got an auto DoT proc at-will that lasts for 20 long seconds, you have an enchantment that's supposed to end with 3 ticks refreshing itelf through an overlook in the mechanic design, you have a summoned entity laid down on the floor doing humongous damage, and a healing system that procs with all the DoT damage + auto-heals with deflect.

At this point its kind of a mystery as to why HR players aren't asking to simply implement a system that automatically plays your character as well.

I miss the mod2 HRs, before the days of these bullshi* Pathfinders.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    (i just read that, sorry if you pointed this too) As you already noted: i use that rotation too + Carefull Attack + Piercing + blade on Aboleth and that is the main reason i found soloing it far easier with my HR than with my GWF: DoT with autoprocs will do your job while you are running and avoiding frogs. So, no offense, you should try to solo Aboleth with a GWF before claiming that "it would be easier" with that class. ;)

EDIT: as a side note, i use Marauder instead of Fox due a thing: I usually pull mobs to a side of the screen, Rush on Aboleth -> Rain of Swords + Careful + Melee feats + some hits of Rapid Strike -> Marauder Scape -> Thorn + Rain on adds and start the rotation over again.

The main challenge for me was mobility as it was very hard to get the room to drop rain (Marauder is a good solution but I didn't have it slotted neither I had Carefu) A GWF with sprint is in a better state there. But I agree with everybody saying that passive stuff is boring and will move to Trapper with Mod5 for a more interesting play Style.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Kweassa, what ' s left to a PVE archer ranger? Rain and Thorn are by far the main damage dealers and damage is all we have. All our single target encounter powers are bad. We are spammers. ... I hope the new Trapper will give me back the fun I had before and made me love this class.
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback HR - Disruptive Shot: Since it ignores all immunities make this daily easier to dodge by longer casting times and better visual effects.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nuudlz wrote: »
    Feedback HR - Disruptive Shot: Since it ignores all immunities make this daily easier to dodge by longer casting times and better visual effects.

Yes, make it unviable for PVE please by making it slow...
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Hey all, we have made a couple of bug fixes to several things, and made some changes to improve Trapper gameplay slightly.
    • Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.
    • Hunter Ranger: Disruptive Shot: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Hunter Ranger: Pathfinder: Bear Trap: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Control Wizard: Chaos Magic: This effect can no longer be incorrectly stacked in some cases. It will also no longer apply rapidly on powers that tick many times.
    • Bilethorn: The secondary tick of Bilethorn is now correctly classified as a DoT.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Does this also mean that control resist and control immunity applies against Disruptive Shot with this change?

Indeed.
    /10char
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why are there feats like this one "Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second" and another like Killing Curse in the SW Fury tree "When attacking a cursed target you deal an additional 5% of your weapon damage"? :( Also, will we see some love for the GWF?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You are wrong. The main challenge for a GWF is to survive during the "Aboleth's Diving" time (as i call it) after 2nd dive due walking corpses: they can kill you if a frog catchs you off ward, even while the GWF can sprint on those situations OR at least, that is the worse part for me (the longest comes from the moment i need to hit the big worm to deal some damage. XD). You can try by yourself if you want, you will find that soloing Aboleht with a GWF is far difficult/hard than soloing it with a HR or a CW.

See your point. Didn't think about that (for my HR it is the easiest part).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey all, we have made a couple of bug fixes to several things, and made some changes to improve Trapper gameplay slightly.
    • Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.
    • Hunter Ranger: Disruptive Shot: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Hunter Ranger: Pathfinder: Bear Trap: This power now correctly benefits from Control Strength.
    • Control Wizard: Chaos Magic: This effect can no longer be incorrectly stacked in some cases. It will also no longer apply rapidly on powers that tick many times.
    • Bilethorn: The secondary tick of Bilethorn is now correctly classified as a DoT.

My Trapper feels like a child at Christmas. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Why are there feats like this one "Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second" and another like Killing Curse in the SW Fury tree "When attacking a cursed target you deal an additional 5% of your weapon damage"? :( Also, will we see some love for the GWF?

SW already does massive damage, and doesn't that feat proc multiple times from Dread? Then you got the capstone, and the accursed diabolist set making it hit even harder. I think Dread Theft is powerful enough.
  • Options
    showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Fury SW already deals high damage, Trapper doesn't. Using encounter powers with roots means by itself a damage loss which is why you need a feat to make up for a bit of it. On the other hand you can use your curse on any target regardless of your encounter loadout. Killing Curse is a minor for an already damaging feat tree.
  • Options
    unknown6472unknown6472 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014

does it still do damage to control immune targets?
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so, your team still are unbalancing and breaking the game even more... I do not understand why are you asking feedback from us while you, basically, are ignoring us and you just keep buffing CW, HR and SW... what is wrong with the GWF class and players to be ignored like this?

It's not a buff, it's a fix. And in case you didn't read the earlier posts, Disruptive Shot now respects control immunities and resistance, which you could consider a "nerf" (correct terminology is fix, really). With the exception of rare cases, Control Resist > Control Bonus/Strength, so DS won't be as strong anymore. No one really used Bear Trap in PvP anyway so I see no reason to complain about it anyway (still a fix/nerf to that anyway). Thorned Roots doesn't do much in PvP so it's not really a huge change.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    It's not a buff, it's a fix. And in case you didn't read the earlier posts, Disruptive Shot now respects control immunities and resistance, which you could consider a "nerf" (correct terminology is fix, really). With the exception of rare cases, Control Resist > Control Bonus/Strength, so DS won't be as strong anymore. No one really used Bear Trap in PvP anyway so I see no reason to complain about it anyway (still a fix/nerf to that anyway). Thorned Roots doesn't do much in PvP so it's not really a huge change.

Well it does hurt the trapper in pvp, now dealing 200% per second instead of 500% over it's duration. Since roots barely last any time at all in pvp, yeah, it's a nerf in that area. Doesn't matter to me though, don't pvp with HR now.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014

When can we expect this weeks patch on the preview server dear GC? Friday as usual or will it be earlier in the week what with the module five being released next Tuesday instead of Thursday?.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aaaaaand ofc sombody deletes comments to make his miserable life feel more important

why u have feedback forum if u delete feedback, at least the feedback you dont like ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    odoamarodoamar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sugestions:
    General - change all critical severity x3/5
    It will be fine if you make PVP arenas like this: +10k GS, +12k GS, +14k GS etc. and OPEN GS

GWF:

Instigator
    Group Assalut - move it to tier3 and delete nimble runner; add interacting with one encounter skill like Come and Get it ( maybe increase dmg or range )

Add "New" Feat in Teir 4 - it should interacting with Bravery (like nimble runenr but more powerfull )or Steed Fast determination ( increase determination gain ) and interact with pushing charge

Instigator's vengeance - it should interacting with Unstoppable like other ultimate Feats in other trees. For example:
    Add AP gain bonus/ piercing damage/ regeneration bonus: when unstoppable based on determination + allow to gain stack of vengeance max 20%-30% dmg?, pernament bonus to gain determination/ determination limit or speed/deflaction ( it depend what you choice in "New" feat , i mean dont repeat bonus) He don’t need more powerfull determination but need longer buff or more chance to activate it.

Destro
    He is ok but Sentinel is better choice in pvp
    Relentless Battle Fury - it should allow Takedown prone enemies, or regural skill should prone but with greater cooldown then this feat will be usefull

Destroyer Purpose - 3-4% dmg in pvp per stack

Sentinel

Grudge Style - should interacting with Reaping strike ( anyway it must be rework ) and one encounter skill ( Roar or Battle Fury )
    Defiance - need be additional bonus
    Then all Trees will be good choice for pvp and pve. This is my opinion
    Ah, I think it is my best suggestion, to chance all Pargon feats to interact with the same skill type like:

GWF:
    Swordmaster:
    Tier 2 Instigator – add something to Steel Grace
    Tier 2 Destro – Increase chance and little dmg when use Steel Blitz
    Tier 2 Sentinel – add something to Steel Defence

Iron Vanguard –
    Tier 2 Instigator - Battle Tremple should be here like it is on Tactican Tree on GF
    Tier 2 Destro – is very good
    Tier 3 Senti – interact with Enduring Warrior like allow to gain hp when enemy die near him and make assist in PvP
    And do it the same on GF Trees

HR:

Storm Warden
    Archery and Combat is ok but Traper should work with the same skill ( increase AoE or add buff – range version, add bonus to allies max 25% - mele version

Path Finder
    Same her Archery – increase Ambush dmg, time etc ; Combat – increase Bear Trap ; Traper – mix it but less power

One of Archery feat need bonus to Aspect of Falcon and this power should be more powerfull, now CW with Far spell have better range, Why?
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited November 2014
    [*]Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.

Ok I'm an idiot. I didn't read the text of current live and Preview text correctly. Currently Thorned Roots does 500% of weapon damage over the entire duration. So it's total damage is 5x weapon damage.

New Thorned Roots will be doing 200% Weapon damage per tick of damage. Assuming he same same duration that's 7 ticks x 2*Weapon damage for a total of 14x weapon damage. That's a HUGE increase in damage.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »

Crush did not say anything about 500% longer thorn roots or 1/2 damage to control resist target. It may be valueble if this is still in place. If you accually root somebody you have a change to deal some decent damage with combination on other skills.
    Question is also what weapon is used for base calcualation. Like Binding is in archer stand so with ~800 bow it will be 1.6k damage when hidering strike is in melee and may be using blades ~ 500x2 = 1k only.
    2nd note there was a buff on Bitting snares that increase control duration in someway. Need to dig throw 80 pages to find accual number.
  • Options
    djmackendjmacken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Can you please explain this change in more detail?

What happens in the event of a control immune mob? How much damage will it do, because right now it does 250% immediately.

Also this actually seems like a NERF to me?

Live: 500% over 2 seconds = 500%
    Proposed: 200% x 2 seconds = 400%.

That is less than live today? This is really frustrating if this is the case. Trapper needs some "help" in the DPS department, and this does not seem like an improvement.

The only time I can see it coming ahead is if you have Ancient Roots feat, which maybe is what the intention was...

Some clarification is needed please.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.