Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Neither mechanic should be more responsive than it is.

We'll just agree to disagree then shall we? ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I know right.

****ing D&D Hipsters.

I hate them so much.

Lol. well Dungeons & Dragons title should be removed from this game in this case. Same as Neverwinter. Lets call it never-care-about-rules-make-me-op game. Or maybe you should go back you WOW?)

BTW D&D is since like 70th. First games used D&D lore. Baldur's gate is D&D game as example. So FK WOW hipsters say something about D&D?)
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Lol. well Dungeons & Dragons title should be removed from this game in this case. Same as Neverwinter. Lets call it never-care-about-rules-make-me-op game. Or maybe you should go back you WOW?)

BTW D&D is since like 70th. First games used D&D lore. Baldur's gate is D&D game as example. So FK WOW hipsters say something about D&D?)

Umm, why the need to hate lol? WoW is great, so is D&D, so were BG and Neverwinter Nights series.

However, this is an MMO first and foremost, so it should be balanced properly.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    First games used D&D lore.

If by "First games" you mean "Any RPG game" then you may be very wrong.

Anyway, this topic is to discuss about class balance.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    GWF feedback (general):

- GWF needs more threat control options or simply doubled threat generation. I play Intimidation built sentinel GWF but a GF that does 1/4th of my damage takes all the threat from boss. That's ridiculous. I also can't keep threat away from SWs who not only top the charts in DPS but in healing too. That means they generate too much threat. I can't possibly keep up with that.

- GWF needs at-will rework. Sure strike that deals 1k damage per hit while other classes either deal 3 times the damage with their single target at-wills or have an utility buff/debuff or even DoT to compensate. Reaping strike is a joke. It needs damage doubled, reach doubled and CC immunity when casting to make this at-will even remotely possible. Wicked strike could use an increase in reach and a bug fix to prevent being locked in place. Threatening rush... when are you going to remove that **** shield animation? Also, 9s cooldown on a purely situational at-will? What were you thinking when you implemented that?

- Stacks. The billion of stacks that GWF needs to keep should be lowered and their duration increased. Destroyer's purpose should have a max of 10 stacks with 4% per stack. Destroyer should have duration of ~10s per stack due to how hard it is to get it on any other build but destroyer. The current 3s duration don't help at all.

- Survivability. It pretty much comes from gear only. While GWF is supposed to be a secondary tank he definitely doesn't live up to that name. Sentinel GWF needs to lose half his HP to have 100% determination, destroyer has 15-30% DR on unstoppable and instigator has the same DR on unstoppable as destroyer but gets determination twice as slow and his gameplay relies completely on TAKING HITS. Logic? Take the DR from sprint and improve unstoppable for God's sake. If I wanted to play Usain Bolt, I'd play Temple Run 2.

- Sprint needs to be more responsive. Clicking and holding two keys just to dodge a quick attack is taking too long physically. I suggest changing sprint to work similarly to how Punishing Charge does = sprint in the direction of the camera without the need of holding directional keys.

- Punishing charge does 1k damage with 9s cooldown per charge and the need to reposition every single time? It should do at least 3 times that damage for such conditions.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Umm, why the need to hate lol? WoW is great, so is D&D, so were BG and Neverwinter Nights series.

However, this is an MMO first and foremost, so it should be balanced properly.

I wish it would ) But thing is that D&D is balanced. Problem in that D&D rules are not fully being put on fremium MMO RPG rails. Game need to make money to get better people that do better job at balancing. But thing is that most of original beta players came from D&D world. At not being able to to see balanced D&D game is a issue. By that I mean that people do care about classes they pick and the role they play. Not just "ideal MMO balance". People came here for Dungeons as Dvelvs and Dragons as enemies - epic and not so much.

Yet still comming back to balance point - this is way to far from D&D lore and D&D lore had it reasons to be so. You can say D&D was made by much more better game designers for much more year. And rules were there for a reason. Like 4 types of defence. Multiple attack roles and various types on damage. Rules like HR as and Archer having longest range by Wisard having way more chances to kill HR by 2 spells ets. GWF as crazy combat damage dealers but way less defencive as Armor defence. GF as High Armor and Fortitude. HR as Reflexes and Dex and so on.. But we got simplified, extremly unbalanced version. And devs still can not balance it for more then 1 year. Nor to use that lore to make it difference. Just does not give me hope that it will happened ever)
  • Options
    thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited November 2014
    Devs, maybe time to fix dat joke
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »

- GWF needs more threat control options or simply doubled threat generation.
    - Survivability. It pretty much comes from gear only. While GWF is supposed to be a secondary tank he definitely doesn't live

At least the devs, while certainly spitting at DnD's face, are coherent here. As anothe GWF noticed, "My survivability is ok, b/c I never take aggro"

Feedback: gwf is not DnD-proof in terms of threat and survivability.
    - Increase the base damage of, well, everything. Of the 2h swords/axes/hammers. Of the encounters. Yeah, double the damage of all that.
    - Improve the damage mitigation. At the moment, gwf routinely dies in anything red. And the red can never be anticipated by the gwf, as it comes from someone else's aggro.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited November 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    At least the devs, while certainly spitting at DnD's face, are coherent here. As anothe GWF noticed, "My survivability is ok, b/c I never take aggro"

Feedback: gwf is not DnD-proof in terms of threat and survivability.
    - Increase the base damage of, well, everything. Of the 2h swords/axes/hammers. Of the encounters. Yeah, double the damage of all that.

Omg...funny guy:D
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Feedback Instigator: Allied Opportunity

Please change the combat advantage to a mark. Weapon master has a hard time marking enemies so this should apply a mark instead of giving combat advantage only. The duration could also be 10-12 seconds.

Also like 50% of the feats from instigator tree are ''useless'' rework them to fancy feats like tr/hr - GWF has 10% deflect while sprinting compared to hr and tr who have feats like 40% extra pure dmg and 25% extra dmg to enemies <40% hp this is a jok
    e
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Feedback Instigator: Allied Opportunity

Please change the combat advantage to a mark. Weapon master has a hard time marking enemies so this should apply a mark instead of giving combat advantage only. The duration could also be 10-12 seconds.

Also like 50% of the feats from instigator tree are ''useless'' rework them to fancy feats like tr/hr - GWF has 10% deflect while sprinting compared to hr and tr who have feats like 40% extra pure dmg and 25% extra dmg to enemies <40% hp this is a jok
    e

fancy tr feats lol
    good one
    tree you are refering to is executioner were bait ,shadow and ss is a must.
    tr with bis gear deals 6k gc on gwf .
    and df is very bad option coz range is 2x smaller then before
    so tr has to land 10-15 if u have bark gc average to get bonus from that feat while gwf needs one random aoe rotation for a kill
    its probably enought to randomly spam anything coz tr needs to be in range all the time
    fancy tr feasts looool
    good one
  • Options
    lordsiedlordsied Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you know guys i been playing neverwinter well for like uhmm a year and i got to say that cw if you guys improve our feats we wont really need a upgrade.... you guys should rework all of our feats. like give us a path for survival and this path can focus more on our defence skills like our shield being able to obsorb 20 percent of incoming damage and if you have this feat maxed out the shield will no longer diminish from hits or storm spell when your health health is below 30 percent eletricute your enemys gaining 0.5 ap for each target you hit. then we should have a all damage feat path for cw who want to go all damage but with alittle control and have a skill that increases arm pen by 5 percent and move focused wizardy into the damage tree and replace it with a skill that increase your damage by 4 percent .and for the final feat tree it will be for control and moderate damage.i think this will really change the way people play cw and i think its more balanced. so some powers will be diff with the feat paths this will make cw unique. i think they should make all paths like this and everyon will have a diff playstyle :p
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After reading this page, I'm quite positive its either a pure troll thread or a wish list of angry 10 year olds that got owned in pvp and pve...
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    first of all i've read this last pages and what can i say , is that you people demand things that it doesnt belongs to the class itself

1st lets start with the CW , his role is purerly to control, why would you give him more defense? he uses his controll ability (freeze) to beat his targets, that he already does that.
    2nd TRs are Striker role, they need to damage people out and lack defensive, if you ask me , he needs to be 1st at dps on single target. but never to one shot defender roles such as GF/ GWF.
    3rd. HRs is a striker/controller role , he has the biggest defensive out of the classes and that is really wrong, imo it should be squishy as a CW.
    4th GF they stand very well as i can see they take all the damage and offers good taunts.
    5th GWF is a striker / defender role, but as i can see it with small tweaks he can be very balanced.. but those fixes will never come.
    6th DC are leaders and controllers.. not DPS .. as i can see now they do alot of damage.

so i wonder ... why would you people demand more buffs in matter of damage or other things, when in pvp is clearly the HR is too overpowered.
    there is already enough damage in game , and you still call it for more damage.

make trs , hrs as squishy as SW/CW are.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you aren't going to make final changes to spell storm, at least buff storm pillar to make it viable in Mod 5. Spell storm was the only reason it was usable but because of slow casting and the pillar zaps not being capable of crits it'll become worst than it was in Mod 2!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Greetings Adventurers!

Great Weapon Fighters have been dominating in PvP and we wanted to take this opportunity to dial them back a little bit by giving them some more severe choices to make when deciding between survivability and damage. On top of that we have also given them some improvements to Mark to increase their tanking utility. Please note that these changes are for Module 4, Tyranny of Dragons.

Overview
    Great Weapon Fighters provided unparalleled mobility and striking power in PVP combat, and because of the way Unstoppable functioned they also gained incredible survivability at nearly no cost. We wanted to make this more of a choice and reduce the tankiness of high damage dealing builds, while still preserving how much survivability tanks can get. In addition we toned back their mobility with some changes to Threatening Rush.
    the same things you said about GWF , it's right now with HRs.
    2145y8j.jpg
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i got one shot with full hp from gwf aoe come and get it
    that around 38k coz i have 39k hp

sure that gwf had 30 str with 40k hp but to survive daring and come and get it its not possible
    as tr unles perma runing away.
    if that dmg came from single target encounter i have np if it was 22 sec prone i have np but
    but to kill with a random non targeted aoe is a joke
    same thing as hr

buff knock down to million but aoe 40k why?
  • Options
    charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    f2pma wrote: »

sure that gwf had 30 str with 40k hp but to survive daring and come and get it its not possible
    if that dmg came from single target encounter i have np if it was 22 sec prone i have np but
    same thing as hr

A simple way to stop this problem is to give intimidation half damage on players. Sentinel does not deserve such damage and have an overwhelming resistance.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

same thing as hr

i dont think a GWF can land an aoe on preview shard..
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    A simple way to stop this problem is to give intimidation half damage on players. Sentinel does not deserve such damage and have an overwhelming resistance.

no. to fix it up, intimidation should not give 50% out from max POWER as damage. but either from Defense or weapon damage.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014

same thing as hr

When giving such feedback don't forget to say where, when and how. As you didn't provide that information please answer the following:

1. Was that on live server or on preview server? (intimidation in preview does 30% less damage)
    2. Was that in open world pvp or domination/gg? (people can get a few thousands more power in OPvP due to companions)
    3. Did you get one shot or two shot? CAGI and DS are two encounters, not one. People just love to mix them up into one.

As a side note, as a TR you should fight GWF from a distance and count when he uses his encounters. When he does, he's just a sitting duck for ~15 seconds. Also, from mid distance you'll never get hit by Daring Shout as it doesn't reach enough, all you got to worry about is CAGI and FLS (if the GWF is smart enough to slot that).
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I just tested out three combinations of passives on the preview server:
    1. Eye of the Storm and Storm Spell
    2. Eye of the Storm and Chilling Presence
    3. Chilling Presence and Storm Spell

All three combinations resulted in approximately the same damage output for my build and spell rotations (between 43 and 47k DPS). Chilling Presence has been brought up to the level of Storm Spell and Eye of the Storm in PvE, in my opinion. It's another viable option and should not be made stronger or weaker from what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug : Sudden Storm

The casting time doesn't appear to have been reduced by 40%. It actually activates the same as before.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The one sneaky nerf I saw added this last patch was to GFs KV. Now only affects closest 5 people.
    KV is one of the most important ways a GF helps the group. This is one of the only real ways a defensive GF can do some decent damage on HEs and soon the tiamat encounter. You already added a range restriction, there is no reason for this nerf.
    The GF is in a good place right now, in fact id say the GF class restructure you did in mod4 should set the standard for how you do all the classes. You established a meaningful role for the GF and allow the flexiblity to go dps or defensive.
    You did a great job with the GF now dont F^%* IT UP!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    BUG: cleric faithful capstone
    is impossible to kill a cleric faithful, when he is low at 45% hp a burst of 143k HP heal comes

CW: the new stacking feats are leading to crazy damages.
    example: 180k ice knife on an un debuffed dummie
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    CW: the new stacking feats are leading to crazy damages.
    example: 180k ice knife on an un debuffed dummie

I do not think unfair. I've seen GWF gives 450k critical in bosses who are immune to control.
    CW is a glass cannon now, nothing has improved his defense in this module.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I do not think unfair. I've seen GWF gives 450k critical in bosses who are immune to control.
    CW is a glass cannon now, nothing has improved his defense in this module.

because being one shotted by undodgable ice rays is fair enough?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    because being one shotted by undodgable ice rays is fair enough?

Prone and dazed with instant cast is not overpowered? Runs like crazy without being controlled fleeing groups is not overpowered? Stay hidden all the time in the node is not overpowered? Staying healing nonstop and not die even with the 50% penalty?

All classes have their appellations.
This discussion has been closed.