Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    catalinr94 wrote: »
    sprint needs to be toned down

Sprint is fine, its the only tactic and strategy a gwf really has now, it's the main thing that they can use effectively to beat other classes. Why take that away from them ? It's annoying when a gwf is about to die and they run off in about a second sure but its far from "godmode".

Gwf need to sprint to cw to win, to stop them using cc. When fighting a gf, the only way a good gwf can win is by using sprint and not many gwf can do this, I maybe see about 10% using it right so it does take some skill. The class is fine now, no more nerfs.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You know you don't have to spec sent to survive tones of mobs.

two words " Daring Shout " try it. Part of that power is broken because it dosent seem to give determination
    but you can survive far easyer.
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    sexykimberlysexykimberly Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    GWF is still a god mode class. Tested on both giving and receiving end. The new sprint is too much.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    GWF is still a god mode class. Tested on both giving and receiving end. The new sprint is too much.

you want to remove sprint, right ? ore why you spam on forum for this,

its SIMPLY!

Before they Remove sprint:

- Increase the "DMG Overall" to Original before Module 4!
    - Bring ALL PRONES back to Skills / Encounters
    - Increase Unstoppable back to 50% Original
    - Set the deflect % change to Original!
    - Set Mark back to multiple targets
    - Set Threatening Rush Back to Original before M4!

When all this are Coming back again, then: I WILL ACCEPT YOUR SUGGESTION ABOUT SPRINT.!!

..if u dont want it, stop QQ-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Once you get the timings right, the unlimited CC can be deadly (and, indeed, "god mode"-like). Only few are able to pull it off though. There should be some kind of gap that allows skill from other classes to come into account.

I don't find playing GWF fun as it is now. Bring the prones back for more tactical variety.
  • Options
    tardstelamon01brtardstelamon01br Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Swordmaster destroyer feat Staying Power - target affected by Weapon Master Strike debuff take 25% more dmg from ur powers(all powers not only encounters)also incrases debuff duration by 2/4/6/8/10 seconds

Stell Blitz class feature- incrase % activation chance and dmg by 30%

those simple changes would make SM our trully dps path!
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Swordmaster destroyer feat Staying Power - target affected by Weapon Master Strike debuff take 25% more dmg from ur powers(all powers not only encounters)also incrases debuff duration by 2/4/6/8/10 seconds

Stell Blitz class feature- incrase % activation chance and dmg by 30%

those simple changes would make SM our trully dps path!

tbh i get you i switched from IV to SM for the lulz but the difference between paths is insane IV is just far supperior to sm, would love to see some buffs to sm ur proposed buff to wms feat is better than the mark i asked for few pages back there.
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dear crush,

For all the gwf in neverwinter this is world war 8! Our main opponents aren't sw/cw/tr/hr/gf or even the wierdos called dcs. It's the developers who believe gwf players have small brains/unskilled/whiny and you choose to ignore them. We know by now that you really don't need any other classes except cw. However, it doesn't mean you need to make gwf unplayable. My focus is on pvp.

I am at 18k gs and i am frustrated. Here is why:

1. Sprint gets interfered before it starts, sometimes you die before you can launch your first sprint.
    2. Cw/hr/sw on same gs can melt gwf before gwfs sprint to target, tr/td, etc.
    3. Ibs misses way too much. Dodge, stuns, short range, etc.
    4. Td > ibs doesn't always execute, svs hr/cw it feels the stun duration is around 1 sec, and they can escape.
    5. Gwf is the most vulnerable class, we are ahead of battle lines because of sprint and are punching bags
    6. Sentinel lack damage, a 16k gs gf do more damage than a 18k sentinel gwf for same relative tanki.
    7. Destroyer lack defense, most are playing hit & run.
    8. Pvp is not a 1v1 situation, and 70% of the time 2 or more opponents are involved and again gwf is most exposed.
    9. My only primary function in a pvp is to hit & run pugs who should play wow instead of neverwinter.

At the highest level 19k+ gs, other classes scale much higher for epic damage and lack of dr%. Although gwf might be *boring for you, since it's obvious no devs really play the class enough - try it out. These are solid arguments. I understand there will be no prone on gwf, but the class is broken. How do you want to fix it? Please don't give lame buffs for mod5 - we need solid visible changes for a viable balance.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    pretty much current role in pvp as GWF is run as much as you can SO FUN!..
    the main problem is they took our dmg/cc/survaviblity while giving massive buffs to other classes in those 3 terms at same time.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    222_zps187fcd98.jpg~original

sm version (now you can see... my critical severity is not being properly considered for the bf)

1_zps63504909.jpg~original

i show this just because... you know. I'm warning before it's too late. will irritate the same (bad) players, which will disappoint gwf players in the future.

ps: 100% glass cannon, no capstone, only have this burst combination (2x intimidation). but... i dont know.

note:

[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 9399 (10622) Physical Damage to Huntmaster.

lvl 28 enemy... maybe something as wrong in the gwf damage in the practice
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Seems like players do not understad totally the extend of this bug, so i decided to make a video test to show it "in game", let's see if people can understand it completly.

http://youtu.be/DEOmlYpoLVE
    http://youtu.be/hcxVFZS_YEg
    http://youtu.be/H7K3yYo4z5I

gwf encounters/sprint animation isn't good, they need to fix that..
    and they need to look at unstopable,i am gettin strungle by cws when i am in unstopable.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, for the record. I do not think what I showed is exactly a bug. Sw are doing much more general damage than the gwf and the cw is able to clear enemies with the same speed (not the same damage).

If someone is broken, these are 2 But I'm a little shocked at the current possibilities of gwf (seems a m3 cw burst). Although, as happened with my full destroyer in tos, I believe my damage will be sucked by "dark forces".

is a good change in pve, but I do not know how this would be democratic with a destroyer: so many stacks to do the same dps of other classes... if destroyer is the single target tree, so... need made focused destroyer/destroyer porpose more flexible.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    Well, for the record. I do not think what I showed is exactly a bug. Sw are doing much more general damage than the gwf and the cw is able to clear enemies with the same speed (not the same damage).

If someone is broken, these are 2 But I'm a little shocked at the current possibilities of gwf (seems a m3 cw burst). Although, as happened with my full destroyer in tos, I believe my damage will be sucked by "dark forces".

is a good change in pve, but I do not know how this would be democratic with a destroyer: so many stacks to do the same dps of other classes... if destroyer is the single target tree, so... need made focused destroyer/destroyer porpose more flexible.

well i hope we get the same thing as GF , double points in CON
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    first i believe this: gwf need more smart sinergys between logistic encounters and damage (like intimidation now).

i not talking about a "easymode" rotations or some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that, but... more than 3094869486 stack system.

but yes, i love the idea to give 2 points on str. greed need a better - and no mitigated by aoe - base damage.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    to balance GWF
    increase our Base damage by 20% , change destroyer purpose stacks 1 stack = 1%
    decrease mark damage bonus to 15%
    fix the encounters Come and get IT and Daring shout, make their animation better, and resolve that damage
    because sometimes i hit 15k-30k crit, and sometimes i dont even hit...
    how to fix it is a little easy...
    i belive the way it's calculated it starts from that 50% out of max power.
    so if you make those encounters more responsive, decrease that 50% to 30-35%.
    but make those encounters more responsive. thats for sentinel paragon.
    that way we will see less damage in a more responsive way.
    -roar , doesnt interrupt enemies encounters at all.
    Unstopable needs to be fixed, HR / CW / SW do alot of damage that bypass DEFENSE , not to mention we get controled while in Unstopable by others, for example CWs can freeze us, and HRs can stun us... i dont mind GF that they hit us with anvil of doom.

love a little instigator paragon ,transform it into a way to buff our teammates, like GF do with their Knight valor.
    Allied oportunities : can be changed that mighty leap and not so fast increases our teammates damage by a certain number
    same with everything. revamp it. make the instigator paragon a buff support/destroyer only damage/ sentinel defense/support.

In matter of Ability scores, we really need some love there. give us more INT for recharge or AOE , DOT resist.

fix all the damage in game that can't be blocked, because it's not balancing the game if you give every class a broken feat/encounter.

i've seen you guys done pvp on stream... while using AOW sets, seriously...
    if you have guys who really test the pvp, advice them, that they really need to do a better job !!!!!!
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    -roar , doesnt interrupt enemies encounters at all.
    Unstopable needs to be fixed, CW do alot of damage that bypass DEFENSE , not to mention we get controled while in Unstopable by others, for example CWs can freeze us, and HRs can stun us...

That's not true. Roar can still interrupt. What damage from CW bypasses defense?

You are most certainly completely CC-immune in Unstoppable.

HRs have no stuns, but and interrupt from Disruptive.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That's not true. Roar can still interrupt. What damage from CW bypasses defense?

You are most certainly completely CC-immune in Unstoppable.

HRs have no stuns, but and interrupt from Disruptive.

i was into a PVP , and was fighting a CW inna, he was controlling me when i was sprinting, and in unstopable, it was no question about delay or something like that.
    so yeah , i am not immune to CC.
    HRs have no stuns? u <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kiding me?
    that disruptive not only it blocks my encounters, i cannot even move, and i am in unstopable !!!!
    ROAR doesnt interrupt anything, or maybe it does sometimes.
    besides glyphs, there are spikes of damage that bypass through unstopable, even if i am sentinel !!!
    not to say that SW burns us very fast with their pew pew laser beam, even if we are using unstopable,

do you play gwf to know all of this?
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. The chances of actually stunning an opponent isn't very high. Added to that IBS animation + range means that a lot of times Stun > IBS fails. So in all honesty GWF do need a "prone".

2. The sprint working is great, but chances are in a group fight (70% of the time in pvp) and GWF will get stunned before they start sprinting. GWF are also ahead of the group and take a lot of damage.

3. IV > Destroyer currently most top tier GWF are just hit & run, while sentinel are just walking penguins and playing support role for dps. This is not even an off tank for a class that's the most vulnerable which takes damage without much damage reduction, dodge or stealth mechanism like TR. At best it does some hit, absorbs some damage and run for pots. The ones that fail miserable against GWF are pugs.

4. Roar - interrupts ? Have you asked why nobody uses roar in mod 4?

5. HR, CW, GF are top of the food chain. Good TRs can use perma stealth and camp a flag on point for a long duration. DC have incredible heal. GWF is the lowest in the food chain in both survival and damage. By this I mean a proper pvp premade not game with random pugs on both side of the coin.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thanks for your idiot responses !!! you never played a gwf so you answer my feedback, nice!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I can "confirm" (notice quotes) this due it happened to me on my last match: I were fighting vs a HR, a CW and a GF on 2 and i got proned in Unstoppable. I dont know what proned me, if Icy Knive, Terrifing Impact or Board and is truth that it was the first time i got that "bug" or whatever happened there but yes, i got proned when i were on unstoppable.

i know only about Anvil of doom from GF that actually prones.

but i got stunned by a CW while on 1vs1.
    i heard about orb of imposition givin 75% more control bonus.. and maybe for unstopable it's a certain percentage of how immune i can be, and the freeze overcomes it. dunno how to explain that.

and with HR , while iam unstopable i get "dazed" but why are all my encounters blocked and can't move while in unstopable, i mean come on.. disruptive ok, but to not let me move.