Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

Comments

• Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    No, no and no. I get the idea, but your solution sucks.

First of all, prices for green and blue gear will get higher with demand. Second and most important, IF they would change RP, they should increase RP on epic gear, not decrease the values.

According to your plan you would be refining for 3 weeks 24/7, to get a legendary belt and weapon, if you can refine one green item a second. Your plan would make a epic gear unobtainable for all players exept the ones willing to pay large sums of AD/ cash.

But you shouldn't be able to get a legendary artifact by running around in Sharrandar for a few hours, either. Edit: You shouldn't be able to get in a few hours farming greens and blues the same amount of RP, than someone would get farming epics for days.

A legendary artifact, the ones available on live atm, need 3,847,635 RP, that's 3,847,635 AD, not inlcuding the wards and marks, if you can get 1 RP for an AD, but for most people it costs a lot more. Legendary artifacts should be rare, you shouldn't have everyone running around with a legendary belt and weapon artifact. If you want it work for it.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But you shouldn't be able to get a legendary artifact by running around in Sharrandar for a few hours, either. Edit: You shouldn't be able to get in a few hours farming greens and blues the same amount of RP, than someone would get farming epics for days.

A legendary artifact, the ones available on live atm, need 3,847,635 RP, that's 3,847,635 AD, not inlcuding the wards and marks, if you can get 1 RP for an AD, but for most people it costs a lot more. Legendary artifacts should be rare, you shouldn't have everyone running around with a legendary belt and weapon artifact. If you want it work for it.

Well, as I said, they should increase the value for epic gear. The RP needed for the new gear are higher and concidering the way it goes now its pay for it, not work for it. I dont know if you checked the AH in the last weeks, but if there has not been a major change in the last few hours it is 2AD/ RP atm.

And if someone really collected 30-50k green gear to level his epic weapon (current RP value), I would say, that he worked for it for a few month/ years.

Increase RP for epic gear, YES. Decrease RP for all gear and significant for green/ blue gear, NO.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Well, as I said, they should increase the value for epic gear. The RP needed for the new gear are higher and concidering the way it goes now its pay for it, not work for it. I dont know if you checked the AH in the last weeks, but if there has not been a major change in the last few hours it is 2AD/ RP atm.

And if someone really collected 30-50k green gear to level his epic weapon (current RP value), I would say, that he worked for it for a few month/ years.

Increase RP for epic gear, YES. Decrease RP for all gear and significant for green/ blue gear, NO.

I'm okay with raising the RP for epic gear also, but that would mean a considerable raise (4x-5x the current RP), which probably won't happen. Yes, the prices of greens and blues will go up, once mod 4 is released, but for the current RP values to be fair, the average price of greens will have to reach 150-200 AD and the average price of blues will have to reach ~1k AD.

Doing the math with the current AH prices yield something like this:
    Uncommon: 15 RP/AD or more
    Rare: 1 RP/AD or more
    Epic/T1/T2: 0.1 RP/AD at most
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is expected (and just fine) that green items have a higher RP/AD ratio than blue or purple ones - this is compensated for by the fact that the number of those items needed makes them a pain to use.

If the ratio is too different, however, what we can expect that when this goes live is that the AH prices of green and blue items will go up, until a balance between value (as measured by the RP/AD ratio) and convenience is reached. It needs not be exact balance - but as far as regular refining is concerned, we see the AH prices of peridots, enchants, shards and greater marks move in sync...People will seek the most cost effective way to get their RPs.

I would have expected to see blue items give something like 10 times the points of green ones, and purple ones to give something like 10 times the points of blue ones, but perhaps that's just me.....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    - let us choose the artifact we like
    - epic gear should give more RP
    it would be interesting to know how many RP you need from lv 1-60...I didn't find any information on the preview server about this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tobixnew wrote: »
    - let us choose the artifact we like
    - epic gear should give more RP
    it would be interesting to know how many RP you need from lv 1-60...I didn't find any information on the preview server about this...

The Artifact gear needs more RP than regular Artifacts xD gear that can be used for RP drops more often than enchantments .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think everyone here agrees that the RP value on epics should be raised. Considering the time difference to aquire them vs blue/green. This would also promote more grouping and give incentive to run old dungeons again
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    It will take somewhat more total RP to reach legendary quality with artifact gear than it does for artifacts. This is offset by the fact that more equipment drops than enchantments. This will be even more true when Tyranny goes live as level 60 areas will no longer drop less than level 60 gear.

People buy stacks and stacks of rank 5s to refine their artifacts and it is still quite the hassle to do it.

You cannot stack blue weapons, you cannot buy them in bulk.

I think you should reconsider this and allow rank 5s AND blue weapons to be used as refining agents.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i will be able to pick which one i want or it will be random ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't even try proposing to decrease the amount of RP you can get from green/blue items, don't you even try.

The game situation is already bad as it is, with the refinement market's prices skyrocketing senslessly and in a way that creating a brand new character and pumping its artifacts up to legendary is depressing beyond any limit.

Legendary weapons/belts won't be easy to get, and with the current RP values they're going to be very tough to increase to legendary, considering how the items you're going to use don't even stack.

I do agree about increasing the epics' RP value tough, it's way too low compared to the blue items' one.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reduce total amount of rp points for new gear by some 30% at least to make it more realistc for ppl who do not have tons of ad or zen
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    i will be able to pick which one i want or it will be random ?

He said it will be random and there has been total negative feedback about the idea of the weapon being random so hopefully he will change it so that we can choose the one we want .
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Refinement

QualityBase RP

Uncommon100

Rare300

Epic 450

Epic Tier 1 575

Epic Tier 2 650

This should be something like:

QualityBase RP

Uncommon100

Rare300

Epic 850

Epic Tier 1 1250

Epic Tier 2 1750

Cause otherwise you would be getting 46% the RP of a Epic gear from a Rare, something that you would get like 5 times less often.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Don't even try proposing to decrease the amount of RP you can get from green/blue items, don't you even try.

The game situation is already bad as it is, with the refinement market's prices skyrocketing senslessly and in a way that creating a brand new character and pumping its artifacts up to legendary is depressing beyond any limit.

Legendary weapons/belts won't be easy to get, and with the current RP values they're going to be very tough to increase to legendary, considering how the items you're going to use don't even stack.

I do agree about increasing the epics' RP value tough, it's way too low compared to the blue items' one.

On the contrary, I think they should increase the RP value. It is so much hassle to refine these weapons.

We all know cryptic has a premium on convenience (blood rubies cost more) so by that logic, weapons should be more favorable since they take up more time to refine
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    alow us to choose what weapon we want pls dont make it random
  • Options
    marclovesvinamarclovesvina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please allow us to choose what Artifact Weapon we will get through the cache. I don't wanna battle with RNG again. Please don't make it random.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    general consensus: Raise RP value of purple items, don't make artifact weapon random
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    +1!
    dont make the artifact weapon random. Les us choose. Maybe make the grind harder for it, or more expensive, like an actual AD sink to do.
    But pls, dont make it random!
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    +1!
    dont make the artifact weapon random. Les us choose. Maybe make the grind harder for it, or more expensive, like an actual AD sink to do.
    But pls, dont make it random!

Be careful what you wish for. Ask for AD Sink, and it will turn into one. And those sitting on the AD Millions won't touch them anyway since they are still humping the Auctioneers.
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    Quality Base RP
    Uncommon 100
    Rare 300
    Epic 450
    Epic Tier 1 575
    Epic Tier 2 650

Just about perfect. It'll keep some artifact weapons on the AH.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    Quality Base RP
    Uncommon 100
    Rare 300
    Epic 450
    Epic Tier 1 575
    Epic Tier 2 650

Just about perfect. It'll keep some artifact weapons on the AH.

Artifact weapons are Bound on Pickup, what you might be thinking about are belts.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I too dont want to get a random artifact but be able to choose from a list.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    mihelsmihels Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014

QualityBase RP

Uncommon100

Rare300

Epic 450

Epic Tier 1 575

Epic Tier 2 650

So what about black ice gear , it can be empowered to tier 3 how much rp would we get then or black ice gear can't be used as refinement ?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Are epic items giving too few points (or rare items giving too many)?

I was looking at the numbers. Say you have an epic item - you use it for refining and it gives X points. Alternatively, you could salvage it (I'm assuming a bound item that you don't want to use or one that sells at the AH for around salvage value), and buy a number of rare items and use them for refinement, giving a total of Y points.

Of course, I have to make some assumptions regarding the expected AH prices of blue items after Module 4 is released, but the question to me is...what should the ratio between X and Y be? To me it would make sense if Y was 50-100% higher than X - the sheer inconvenience of having to carry around and refine multiple items would account for that.

If the ratio is very different (and currently it seems to be), we might have a case where the epic items are considered to give too few points (or the rare ones give too many), but if that is not changed, then we will see a very significant increase in the price of rare items, until they give close to the same RP/AD ratio as the epic ones.

Right?
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So the big question now is if our feedback has any results from Devs. The overwhelming consensus is that epic items need to give more RP than they do and not to make the weapon artifact you get set to random. Lets hope they are listening
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    So the big question now is if our feedback has any results from Devs. The overwhelming consensus is that epic items need to give more RP than they do and not to make the weapon artifact you get set to random. Lets hope they are listening

Yeah, the random is bad...in particular because for some classes and play styles only one artifact may have a desirable bonus. Give us a chest which allows which item to pick...like the 6-day celestial coin chest, the initial artifact quest or the epic gear final chest drop.

They can presumably do this easily and it will make people much happier.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will say the artifact belt drop is very very rare...I have killed well over a hundred of the 2 dragons that drop them, in just the last week. I only know of one belt dropping in this time, and it dropped yesterday morning. Of course this is how I think these should be exceedingly rare.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    I will say the artifact belt drop is very very rare...I have killed well over a hundred of the 2 dragons that drop them, in just the last week. I only know of one belt dropping in this time, and it dropped yesterday morning. Of course this is how I think these should be exceedingly rare.

All I've ever had from the Dragon HE's is 5 draconic coins and a lvl 4 enchantment xD so much for great success .
  • Options
    ennteaenntea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    artifact weapon crafting materials are busticated, or... not enabled?
    b46180fbc5.png
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great Success only means you won it has nothing to do with what you might receive as a reward.

I have gotten several SW draconic gloves, 1 pair of SW draconic boots, several blue items, and the TOD fashion head item.

/edit Oh yeah I have gotten a couple of the items needed for the artifact weapon too.