Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wrong. I have yet to even wear my two pieces of Purified Black Ice gear and they have been decaying. Any time I go in to combat they decay whether you wear the pieces or not.

Id suggest you submit a ticket because I have 3 pieces of Purified in my bags, I go into combat ALL the time and they are still fully charged...
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I salvaged all the black ice gear I have collected and made to date including my 2 pieces of purified gear. Other than the artifacts, I don't see anything from IWD that is enough of an upgrade to warrant wasting time in the zone. I do not PvP. I hate PvP with a passion. IWD is mostly about PvP.

I'll be waiting for Chapter 4 to come out to see if I'll bother continuing to play NWO.

Not sure what class you play but im really surprised that even for PVE the corrupted gear isnt better for you. I guess if your a CW, HV is maybe the best PVE set still - who knows. But for alot of classes the stats and 4 set on Corrupt gear is pretty amazing. Same with Corrupt weapons, a chance on hit to deal 2000 damage to nearby opponents? I mean thats pretty dang good if there is no ICD...
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    so now i got my full purifed set and im disapointed. so much farm/dailys just for worthless set with timer on it,well done devs now i know why u guys push mod 4 so fast u knew from the begining mod 3 ill be big failure.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, unfortunately all the black ice sets have 1 minute + internal cooldowns (including xvim set at about 4 minutes). There's no way this stuff will be better than profound gear for any class (even GF or DC).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evilewok666evilewok666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The only real complaint (though I echo the observations made by others of the decay on the gear after all the effort that goes into getting it) I have is how stupidly hard it is to obtain the bracers....the rest of the armour set is obtainable by crafting, so why make 1 piece so epically stupidly rare?

Either increase the drop rate or make them obtainable in the same way the rest of the set is. Even make it a random drop in Big Grins Tomb if you have to.

That and it seems daft to me that as a HR, I might loot bound bracers for another class.....hopefully the rumours I've been hearing aren't true or that would really be tragic (someone will have to advise me here as I'm not entirely convinced this is accurate)
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The only real complaint (though I echo the observations made by others of the decay on the gear after all the effort that goes into getting it) I have is how stupidly hard it is to obtain the bracers....the rest of the armour set is obtainable by crafting, so why make 1 piece so epically stupidly rare?

Either increase the drop rate or make them obtainable in the same way the rest of the set is. Even make it a random drop in Big Grins Tomb if you have to.

That and it seems daft to me that as a HR, I might loot bound bracers for another class.....hopefully the rumours I've been hearing aren't true or that would really be tragic (someone will have to advise me here as I'm not entirely convinced this is accurate)

Simple fix. Add forging basic Black Ice bracers and main hands as a task in the Black Ice profession. Add Ice Shards as a drop from the epic HEs. After you collect a certain amount if Ice Shards you can craft the basic bracers and main hand. From there you can forge them into Purified/Corrupted gear. Or make the epic HEs drop Seals which you can then use to purchase the main hand and bracers. They can still leave the chance to drop in the game for those that get lucky.

I'm so tired of getting Coalesced Potions of Rubbish from epic HEs. Give me shards or seals so I at least get closer to my goal after riding around for an hour doing HEs.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so now i got my full purifed set and im disapointed. so much farm/dailys just for worthless set with timer on it,well done devs now i know why u guys push mod 4 so fast u knew from the begining mod 3 ill be big failure.

Yet, these are all just design mechanics that can be fixed. BTW new set isnt really a upgrade, just yet another static push.

There is nothing wrong with this gear, its a pretty nice gear and can be used in pve and pvp pretty effectively. It may not be BiS , but its probably second or no worse then third tier armour sets for any class. Its by far the best stat distribution overall as well, so you can balance out wonky stats.

Same goes as the weapon, its usually second best set in the game, and we already have a time gate on getting into the zone as it is, then just a VERY small chance of ever getting one for your class, somehow they need to fix this mess.

REMOVE the diminishing effect on the gear, just have overload slot that you have to replace.

Eventually when you run dungeons you get your gear , in IWD there is much less of a chance (in fact my HR hasnt even SEEN a beholder or remo pop since Ive been there).

Overall this leaves a poor taste in the mouths of many folks.

Considering that the dom matches barely pop, that the open world pvp is either too one sides, or never has anyone any it, or some classes HAVE no design ablity for it (ug my poor dc) I wouldnt consider this really a sterling set of pvp shining moment either.

Kessells was ok, but why no dungeon for the mod? Seems weird to me.

FIXES that need implementation TODAY:

1. Make arrangements that all classes can get this gear, playerbase has mostly asked this to be either sold for rep coins + black ice or arrange it VIA reputation somehow. You can leave the random rewards in the HEs, as no one barely gets them as it is.
    2. Decrease the difficulty of the HEs, the zones will be barren soon and it wont work the way its arranged. MAKE Epics pop more, alot of the major ones are not worth doing and just sit on timer and go away.
    3. Mother Lode is no longer worth doing, up the BLACK ice participation value. x ten! Its supposed to be the motherload for goodness sake.
    4. Black ICE enchants need to drop from minors, without it, they have no value to do.
    5. Remove the diminished return of black ice or increase timer, no one wants to farm this stuff forever, double the timer.
    6. Fix the dom match somehow, better yet, introduce PVP only flagged zones, if you go in, your flagged.

These are some of the suggestions that could fix the messy situation they created. Some of them ARE mandatory hot fixes IMO, the GEAR being #1, its ridiculous we are 3 weeks away from a new mod and no one is going to get this stuff now.

Shame on cryptic for not fixing it by now.
  • Options
    karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually I totally disagree on the timer!!!
    It should be much-much faster! You get your potions to decrease the decay. But to tell you the truth, I run a cleric, and I never fell below T3!!! Never! It is enough to go into PvP area and to harvest it for 30 minutes and you have it.
    I think the black ice gear should decay from T3 to T2 in 3 hours, and to T1 in 6 or so. This would be totally fine.
    Why? Because this way all the OP heroes with over 20k GS will have to harvest the ice with us, or they will drop back to 16k. This means that there will be less OP people in normal PvP.
    I totally agree that we should get more for doing the tasks of the encounters, and not just the fights. But this counts not only for Ice Wind Dale. Why the hell can HR's disarm traps, if we don't need it? Why do traps deal so little damage to enemies or none?
    I totally miss the intellectual part of the game, the part with non-killing quests....
    Foundries would fill the gap, but you get nothing from them....
    I wish I could buy all Black Ice gear for black ice, or that it would drop more often... Or that we would get some special coins from the encounters to buy them.... until then I will try to have my fun until things get changed, or mod5 comes out, where we will be able to get even better gear, without spending 200h for it!!!!
    And I am really angry about it, why??? Some people have three bracers!!! Two main Hands and much-much more....

We, me and my wife, have spend some money to buy Zen weeks ago... But we stopped, because we got upset by Ice Wind Dale - we want to relay here, not work..... And the customer relations are also bad..... Gateway - does not pass validation until now, and I gave real code suggestions on how to improve it - nothing....

I have played D&D stuff starting with Baldurs Gate and until the very last NWN2. I miss the old times....... That's why I stick to NW, but my friends leave....
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please make these kind of enchantments stackable, if you absolutely have to limit it, lets us have at least a stack limit of 20. This is especially needed since new types of overload enchantments are going to be introduced with module 4.

Salvaging black ice gauntlets will reward you with only 400 raw black ice. In contrast to that, a corrupted black ice ring will give you 3000 raw black ice if salvaged. Black ice gauntlets are very hard to get, and therefore should reward the player at least equally as much as when salvaging a corrupt black ice ring.
  • Options
    icenamnicenamn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I want to say to you guys is that it is insanely hard to get.. I done lots and lots of encounters and have not gotten them to drop. Been at it since start and I have finished the next expansion and still no bracers for the hunter..

Please fix something so the more encounters you do the higher chance you have for them to drop or something so you can get an end to it.. Because with my luck I get them in a year or so.
  • Options
    khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Speaking of black ice gear, whatever is Deathlok Ash, barbarian totem and shamanic salve used for? I have this, but I have no option to create/upgrade anything using it.
  • Options
    mihelsmihels Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    khaymanbb wrote: »
    Speaking of black ice gear, whatever is Deathlok Ash, barbarian totem and shamanic salve used for? I have this, but I have no option to create/upgrade anything using it.
    Different classes have different materials required for black ice crafting so if your class doesn't have use for it other classes will .
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mod 5 is coming and I still don't have either of the drops. Here is a simple solution: For every single piece of Black Ice gear you are wearing, your chances of a drop are improved by 4%. (I'm talking about the gear you make from profession.)
    For example: Equipping BI head, armor, and feet will increase chances by 12%.
    Is this a little too much? Yes. But so is grinding Icewind Dale for 2 months and getting nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Mod 5 is coming and I still don't have either of the drops. Here is a simple solution: For every single piece of Black Ice gear you are wearing, your chances of a drop are improved by 4%. (I'm talking about the gear you make from profession.)
    For example: Equipping BI head, armor, and feet will increase chances by 12%.
    Is this a little too much? Yes. But so is grinding Icewind Dale for 2 months and getting nothing.

That's a great idea...
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Farming for black ice is boring to keep black ice inside T3. Please consider making a static stat so we can enjoy the new(er) contents.
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014