test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    looking up to empower that stuf all the time.
    and as someone wanting best stats it probably won`t be good for my health, so i maybe better don`t play.
    gear that loses stats, bad idea ;p
    i understand it`s done so people will need to keep play and mine the ice.
    but it`s summer, i probably like to be outside more ;p
    or just watch tv instead of an neverending ice farm.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    SERIOUS BUG

Raid the Raiders in IWP drops the T1 PvP Brutal Hunter Gauntlets for Hunter Rangers instead of Black ice gloves.

Beholder in DV drops the T1 PvP Bow of the Brutal Hunter for Hunter Rangers instead of the Black ICe Bow

Are you telling me that you FINALLY get a glove drop and you got THAT. **** your luck is not happening in your favor.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no but we have 4 others...with them...they are BROKE for HRs WRONG LOOT TABLE for us. Just waiting for the GF to get enough black ice to make the armor but has 3 pieces. As soon as he finishes can have a full group to queue
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've got two black ice gear pieces but have not gotten lucky on the drops on either the Beholder or the Remorhaz.

I would have had a 3rd piece by now but we only have one asset to work with even though we can hire as many Chillwrights as we want. Only one can work at any given time. So I've been unable to even process the Black Ice I've gathered up to this point.

I should have a 3rd piece tomorrow. But then I have to refine them. That will take even longer. If I had 3 assets to work 3 Chillwrights I'd have had the full amount and could have run the Skirmish with you as well.

But the going is slow as there are not enough assets to be able to properly test this.
  • brandewynnbrandewynn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personal opinion on black ice shaping profession. I am seeing the gear coming from the black ice profession and not interested in leveling it up. I do not PVP as a rule with few exceptions so since all the gear made with black ice is PVP at this point it would not do me any good. Also not being able to sell any of the gear you make with it is a real drag. At least being able to sell it would be something us PVE people could do to utilize the effort you put into the profession.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    brandewynn wrote: »
    Personal opinion on black ice shaping profession. I am seeing the gear coming from the black ice profession and not interested in leveling it up. I do not PVP as a rule with few exceptions so since all the gear made with black ice is PVP at this point it would not do me any good. Also not being able to sell any of the gear you make with it is a real drag. At least being able to sell it would be something us PVE people could do to utilize the effort you put into the profession.

Tenacity on the black ice gear is just an extra stat , I'm pretty sure that Black ice gear is BiS stat wise when fully empowered ,it's just the 4 piece bonuses that could be better.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That BI gear on collecion page, is it the rank 3 full "empowered" BI gear stat core? cause if is, i will never change my avatar of war and high vizier set for then
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    That BI gear on collecion page, is it the rank 3 full "empowered" BI gear stat core? cause if is, i will never change my avatar of war and high vizier set for then

It's rank 2.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Well being that you actually NEED it in order to participate in the skirmish.

Yeah its actually PvE gear too. A lot of it has to do with the fact the Mobs in Icewind Dale deal Black Ice Damage, which increases the actual damage they do.

So... having Black Ice Gear reduces the amount of damage they do, which is a huge boon when doing PvE content, because I can tell you they can hit pretty **** hard.
  • gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Black Ice crafting level up when you gain Caer-Konig reputation, you get campaign Boons when you gain Caer-Konig reputation, so you dont have to level up black ice crafting or get Black Ice armor piece.

...but you want get Boons, right?! So you get anyway Black Ice crafting up level3 at end or is it you who dont want extra Boons in PvP, :p .

ps. Soon will test Full BIC + Main/offhad, effect... :rolleyes: in Pve, OFC .
    edited April 2014
    So the new orbs (tier 3) have 250 more stats (including 113 tenacity, excluding set bonus) than the fomorian orb, although it does have 11 less weapon damage which is kind of disappointing.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, I know Tier 3 should be Tier 3 and all, but when considering the drop rates of crafting stuff inside VT and MC the Black Ice Weapons seem easier to get. So Formorian and Fallen Dragon should remain viable. Also judging from the first reports of the Kessel skirmish, the end-game content didn't get a new tier, so right now we don't need a severe GS upgrade.

It's more or less a choioce between a little more grind to get stuff or continied grind to keep the black Ice empowered. I just noticed Black Ice gear T3 has less Tenacity than Profound. Pretty much the same story.
    edited April 2014
    Feedback: Empowered Corrupt armor 4/4 set + Main&Off hand Corrupted, class CW
    Whole set is usefull and make HE´s easier and I got Full set after 35 days grind with my HV -set. So what use I have with my shiny Black Ice armor now when whole grind is left behind?

Armor really protect from Black Ice damage... but grind, where I needed it most, is now over when I got it?

Should we get armor first and then it help with grind, ;).

ps. I used "Greater Black Ice enchants" too, need add them later, they too add nice effect.
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so, u guys who got the armour, the sets bonuses don't change as you change the tier of the armour?
    if yes and if you're a DC, could you tell me what is the new bonus?

well, if the new stuff is just there to put you requirements for an unfarmable skirmish, that's a shame... i know that devs want to avoid power creep, but we all want something really new and useful to put on our characters... so what about a tier 4 black ice armour which can be really useful (with lots of requirements before)?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    anyone know proc rates and cd of special black ice gems and can we have them up most of the fights time
    anyone know proc rates and cd of 2 part weapon proc ?the one who do 2.5k damage
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    can u repalce 150 ap gain on 2 part corrupted set with 450 recovery or power
  • broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I would have had a 3rd piece by now but we only have one asset to work with even though we can hire as many Chillwrights as we want. Only one can work at any given time. So I've been unable to even process the Black Ice I've gathered up to this point.

I should have a 3rd piece tomorrow. But then I have to refine them. That will take even longer. If I had 3 assets to work 3 Chillwrights I'd have had the full amount and could have run the Skirmish with you as well.

But the going is slow as there are not enough assets to be able to properly test this
    s.

Making additional copies gave more gauntlets, the mail system works on preview. you do need to clear the opening quests in Caer-Konig to get the gauntlets, but after that you've maxxed one character.
    edited May 2014
    When inspecting others, it only shows the t2 stats on the item piece. GS and stats seem to show the correct amount
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Purified Black Ice Gauntlets on the collections window atleast are giving way too much tenacity.

24dh53s.jpg
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    @mrhinkypunk

My GWF on live has 1097 tenacity from 2 t2.5 + 2 t2 PvP set pieces plus t2 PvP neck and belt. And I'd get 1208 tenacity from full T2 Black Ice gear set + weapon set + jewelry set. I think it's a correct number.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so, still no news about new set bonuses?
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    @mrhinkypunk

My GWF on live has 1097 tenacity from 2 t2.5 + 2 t2 PvP set pieces plus t2 PvP neck and belt. And I'd get 1208 tenacity from full T2 Black Ice gear set + weapon set + jewelry set. I think it's a correct number.

You know that is arm slot right and the number says 540 tenacity, then compare it to the value or the corrupted black ice gauntlets and it doesn't give this number. I think the number was around 100 for the actual amount it should be. Giving 400 too much is a pretty big error it how much it should have on it unless this truly was intended.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You know that is arm slot right and the number says 540 tenacity, then compare it to the value or the corrupted black ice gauntlets and it doesn't give this number. I think the number was around 100 for the actual amount it should be. Giving 400 too much is a pretty big error it how much it should have on it unless this truly was intended.

Yeap, it looks like incorrect, sets for other classes give correct number, didn't pay attention. Well, now I have to say that Black Ice gear has way to little Tenacity on it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUG Tooltip is wrong for Black Ice Gloves. Tooltip states they drop in Dwarven Valley but Drop in Ice Wind Pass

Tooltip is wrong for Corrupted Black Ice Necklace Well sort of wrong should state it drops in Kessell's Retreat instead of Ice Wind Campaign like the other pieces.

Tooltip is wrong for Purrified Black Ice Necklace Well sort of wrong should state it drops in Kessell's Retreat instead of Ice Wind Campaign like the other pieces.
    edited May 2014
    Feedback: Empowered Corrupt gear piece decay logic?(player class CW)

I empowered my Black Ice gear set and Orb/armor decays twice faster than others or must I say they eat 2x more ice.

I hope picture make things clear. All BIC gear is empowered same time and used same amount of time, but

Gloves needs 533 BIC
    Armor needs 799 BIC

So decay is calculated by % from whole set not by units per "time on battle", look picture.

Anyway BIC -gear gives nice boost in Icewind Dale and helps lot when need complete harder HE´s with random player´s.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xdb1fh7luugeun/blac_ice_decay.png

ps. image attachment system seems to be so easy that I cant use it so use link instead.
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Characters who picked 'Fey Thistle' 5th boon in Sharandar campaign periodically enter combat stance/animation every few seconds. If they have black ice empowered gear will the timers tick down? If so the combat stance bug should really get fixed ASAP.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Black Ice Empowering= depression
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is there any black ice neck/ring/waist?
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    Is there any black ice neck/ring/waist?

Check the collection set of icewind dale. Theres a corrupted and purified set from kessels retreat, bop of course so that you likely don't want to repeat it when you're done. I tihnk theres another new ring set too.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Check the collection set of icewind dale. Theres a corrupted and purified set from kessels retreat, bop of course so that you likely don't want to repeat it when you're done. I tihnk theres another new ring set too.

Yeah there's a accessory set on the top of the IWD campaign tree , you seem to get a random piece every time you choose the task and you get a set bonus when you wear all 3 pieces but the stats aren't as good as black ice set's .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif