test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Please dont listen folks. Not every stats have to please us. Not kill our choices

True there should be some tradeoffs so that people can choose what's best for them, although I think hv will still be the most useful outside of icewind, if not for the better passive then for the decay costs. At least deflect has some use unlike movement which is just a complete waste of stat points.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Could we temporarily get the Gloves back in the Forge? I don't know. Either I'm completely unlucky or the HEs that supposed to drop the Gloves in Icewind Pass don't spawn regularly. If they drop in Dwarven Valley the HEs are there, but the population on preview just isn't sufficient to really get a team constantly.

That would be really helpful. It's hard to see how the set works when you can't put the set together. :)
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    True there should be some tradeoffs so that people can choose what's best for them, although I think hv will still be the most useful outside of icewind, if not for the better passive then for the decay costs. At least deflect has some use unlike movement which is just a complete waste of stat points.

As I see it, we are required to craft the gear and use it in order to undertake the skirmish. Since the "Choice" has been made for us, the least we can do is lobby for decent stats. I do not know many CWs that give a rats @ss about deflect. If it is defensive stats, we care about HP, Defense, Regen, and Lifesteal. If it is Offensive stats we care about Arp, Power, Recovery and if some Crit. We were able to get SOME recovery in place of the movement. I personally would like more power but if replacing deflect requires replacing it with another defensive stat, I can think of several other "choices" that would benefit us CWs more than a stat that no one cares about...i.e. deflect.

And I will echo those that say the 2 piece AP bonus should at least be doubled.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    As I see it, we are required to craft the gear and use it in order to undertake the skirmish. Since the "Choice" has been made for us, the least we can do is lobby for decent stats. I do not know many CWs that give a rats @ss about deflect. If it is defensive stats, we care about HP, Defense, Regen, and Lifesteal. If it is Offensive stats we care about Arp, Power, Recovery and if some Crit. We were able to get SOME recovery in place of the movement. I personally would like more power but if replacing deflect requires replacing it with another defensive stat, I can think of several other "choices" that would benefit us CWs more than a stat that no one cares about...i.e. deflect.

And I will echo those that say the 2 piece AP bonus should at least be doubled.

Armour pen isn't overly useful if most of our skills are unaffected by it ):. Also our best set already has some deflection. Although it does have a more useful passive and the benefit of not decaying making it maybe still the most favoured armour set for pve outside of icewind. I hope the decay prevention potions at least get an increase in duration.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if someone have to cry about black ice gears those are the TRs. It literally have no use in pve and pvp.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    if someone have to cry about black ice gears those are the TRs. It literally have no use in pve and pvp.

yeah just checked them:/... arent the new gear suposed to be like the best option? Corupted set gives u in total without a weapon 326 Arp? And what about 2 and 4 piece bonus? Is it a joke? how some ap gain, power and run speed is better than crit, damage% increase and longer stealth? Please dont leave us with this piece of s***...
  • gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Adding the recovery to the cw gear was welcomed. Could you consider changing the deflect to something more usefull like lifesteal?

Thanks.

Ps. The 2 piece bonus needs some love as well.

I used "Corrupted" Gloves+Helmet with "Lesser Purified TEmpered Enchantment" as CW.

Fully charged 2/2 set (HV/Blackice) helps lot if soloing Pve HE´s and if got good team, then have more time to look "what need to be done".

1/3 set what I must use in Kessel Retreat gives less advancement.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently using 2x2 HV/Corrupted as well, the DPS loss from a full HV is noticeable, but it sure adds a lot of survivability.
    edited April 2014
    Currently using 2x2 HV/Corrupted as well, the DPS loss from a full HV is noticeable, but it sure adds a lot of survivability.

What "BlackIce" enchants you tried?

I tried lesser "Corrupted" enchants, but extra DPS etc. was bad experience, extra "survivability" was better for me.

Full BlackIce -set will give nice touch, but sad that whole campaign is done then, :( .

ps. Need try other 2/2 set today, maybe DPS lost can be FIXED then, but BlackIce -damage kills fast...

pss. Also I will craft my second BlackIce set as "Purified" so I can compare (yes, "Worm" gave me twice those fancy Gloves)
    edited April 2014
    HV has that 30% mitigation debuff and that's hard to overcome by any Black Ice combination. I currently sport 2x2 Purified/HV with a Lesser Corrupt Black Ice. I'm solely judging from the orange numbers. With my HV setup, I frequently see 30k+ crits from SS and even 40k+ is possible. Can't get those ones with Black Ice.
    edited April 2014
    HV has that 30% mitigation debuff and that's hard to overcome by any Black Ice combination. I currently sport 2x2 Purified/HV with a Lesser Corrupt Black Ice. I'm solely judging from the orange numbers. With my HV setup, I frequently see 30k crits from SS. Can't get those ones with Black Ice.

Yes, true what you say, but with HV 4/4 -set "squishy_CW" just die before can hit "BearRider" with 33K crit. , but you allready pointed out where we go, :cool: .
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gromm1t wrote: »
    Yes, true what you say, but with HV 4/4 -set "squishy_CW" just die before can hit "BearRider" with 33K crit. , but you allready pointed out where we go, :cool: .

Funny...I do not experience that. My squishy HV CW kills the bear rider just fine with one steal time a coi and a shard or sudden storm.
    edited April 2014
    Bear in mind that some Riders from the 2-3 HEs are still bugged and I die from them as well. Besides that, any content is perfectly doable with your normal HV setup, even some of the 3-5 HEs if they wouldn't be on a timer.
    edited April 2014
    Funny...I do not experience that. My squishy HV CW kills the bear rider just fine with one steal time a coi and a shard or sudden storm.

True, but that not work allways, some times in HE´s where is "BearRider" + few barbarian"s, I get them all like you say, but 2 of 6 "BearRider" not fall and "Barbarians" do two hit kills on me, ;) .

ps. ...and I forgot that "Shard push part failure bug" also kills me if I try SOLO HE´s where "BearRider" must fall really fast, ;) .
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I wouldn't say its easy by any means, because they can and will kill you pretty quick, those Bear Riders hurt and you can't afford to let them run around and just throw spears at you and expect to live.

But the same time, they are killable if you don't let up on them. You can't give them a chance to breath or they reek havok.

I use HV on these too, but ONLY with a Barkshield enchant which gives me enough time to survive the initial assault to get the Steal Time off to snatch their defense away and give it to me.

Baring that, they are hard.

And I like it...
    edited April 2014
    gromm1t wrote: »
    ps. ...and I forgot that "Shard push part failure bug" also kills me if I try SOLO HE´s where "BearRider" must fall really fast, ;) .

Yeah that is annoying, I'd killed me before too.
    edited April 2014
    Maybe we're talking different gear levels here? I know niadan is 17k+, my own CW is 15.8k glasscannon with full R9s, pvorp and I only die to bugged 2-3 HEs. The occasional "wtf" moment happens, but normally I can slice through without even using pots.
    edited April 2014
    Maybe we're talking different gear levels here? I know niadan is 17k+, my own CW is 15.8k glasscannon with full R9s, pvorp and I only die to bugged 2-3 HEs. The occasional "wtf" moment happens, but normally I can slice through without even using pots.

Ohhh that's explains it.

I'm running a 15k like you are, and they are pretty nasty at that GS. Still beatable though but are a challenge.... which I like...

Edit: I was specifically talking about the 2-3 man HEs as well... the normal Bear Riders are like any other mob.
  • myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited April 2014
    All the new weapons have a set bonus ?

Are we not likely to have all the same equipment? Lot of clones...

(sorry for my bad english...)
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
    edited April 2014
    Edit: I was specifically talking about the 2-3 man HEs as well... the normal Bear Riders are like any other mob.

Well, just like the "normal" Bear Riders, those in the 2-3 HE have around 30k HP and hit for ~3.5k. They are the same. If you are running into a 175k monster that hits for twice as much, you experience the bugged version. You know it when you fight them, everything from the 2-3 HEs should die within one rotation.
    edited April 2014
    Well, just like the "normal" Bear Riders, those in the 2-3 HE have around 30k HP and hit for ~3.5k. They are the same. If you are running into a 175k monster that hits for twice as much, you experience the bugged version. You know it when you fight them, everything from the 2-3 HEs should die within one rotation.

That's a bug?

Hmm too bad, I enjoyed taking them on. They may have been hard, but they were a challenge and made the encounters deadly enough to have to push myself to beat them.

That is far too bad.

The other things that give a good strong fight are the Wights and Giants. In the HE's you throw in the Wights with a couple of those Dreadlock Casters and its a real fight.

The Dwarven Valley things though, those could use an upgrade.

EDIT: The reason I say that, is that the HEs if soloable with difficulty with a 15k Geared up character they will present a reasonable challenge to a 2-3 man 12k GS team. If they can present that kind of a challenge to a single 15k Char, then they are balanced correctly for an actual 12k gs group at the level the Dev's intended.
    edited April 2014
    (Double post)
    edited April 2014
    If you're talking the 2-3 Totem HEs, the waves 2 and 3 are bugged most of the time as well. The HEs in Dwarven Valley are actually working as intended I think, so that's the difficulty we are talking about for Class A.

I think the balancing is reasonable. You always have to consider that most people these days are taking their CWs to the field and that class is confirmed to be "out of line." It would probably be best to get your GF to Icewind Pass and judge the difficulty based on the experience with that class. With a "close to BiS" CW you can solo the 2-3 HEs, need at least three for a 3-5 HE to beat them (comfortably) and the 7-10 HEs also require that amount of players.
    edited April 2014
    If you're talking the 2-3 Totem HEs, the waves 2 and 3 are bugged most of the time as well. The HEs in Dwarven Valley are actually working as intended I think, so that's the difficulty we are talking about for Class A.

I think the balancing is reasonable. You always have to consider that most people these days are taking their CWs to the field and that class is confirmed to be "out of line." It would probably be best to get your GF to Icewind Pass and judge the difficulty based on the experience with that class. With a "close to BiS" CW you can solo the 2-3 HEs, need at least three for a 3-5 HE to beat them (comfortably) and the 7-10 HEs also require that amount of players.

I personally don't think so. I've been watching GWFs and Rogues take them out too. Granted the Rogues were Perma... but they were taking them out.

So it wasn't just me. I've even watched Rangers doing it at the 2-3 HE party ones. So... its not a CW only thing here...

That tells me that the encounters, bugged or not, are completeable and at the correct challenge level the Devs intended for a 12k GS 2-3 party.

Or solo with the other Classes who enjoy a challenge the same as I do, it also tells me the Dwarven Valley encounters are going to be far too easy for their intended challenge level.

EDIT: Note these characters were all highly geared.
    edited April 2014
    Well if you like a challenge, why not take on a 3-5 HE alone? It's hard work, but some of them are soloable.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    May i know if the gears got nerfs recently?? I remember high amount of tenacity...know is a joke and not one of those set seems viable compared to the t2.5
    edited April 2014
    Well if you like a challenge, why not take on a 3-5 HE alone? It's hard work, but some of them are soloable.

Lol those have a tendency to one shot me, So I have to be absolutely perfect on them.

...but I did almost beat one.

The Corrupted Wolf one comes to mind. I wiped out the first group of mobs after teleporting and teleporting around and eventually killed the first wave, the next wave came in and got me while I was out of Stamina and on recast timers. I came back and beat the next two waves, thinking I was doing well. Then suddenly they threw the BIG WOLF at me, and he just slaughtered me when combined with the smaller mobs. Eventually when I got back to keep attempting to whittle it down, a GWF and another CW showed up.

The Pack Leader still one shotted me once, but the GWF picked me up, The Wolf wiped him too twice, and he had to come back, while me and the other CW kited the Big Wolf long enough for him to get back and grab the agro again. Eventually between the 3 of us we beat it.

But that one really did take 3. Though the encounter was intended for a 4-6 man.

.... Keep in mind my character over there is also stronger than the one on Live.
    I had a guy who dumped a bunch of R10s and Perfect Vorpal on me out of nowhere just to be nice. His char over on Live had them so all he had to do was keep exporting his char. Still it tells me that a lesser geared group of more people are the balance for that encounter.

EDIT: And think about how weak these encounters will be with all Black Ice gear.
    edited April 2014
    Corrupted Wolf Pack sure is one of the easier ones, I also did the Yetis and missed the timer by 30 seconds or so (boss was below 5%). Ancestral Ceremony also comes to mind, but that one seems to be bugged nowadays as you can't target one of the Totems in the first wave. I made it to third wave, but eventually wiped. Those Shamans are evil.

No chance on Ill-Gotten Gains (or so) and Remorhaz Hunt (or so). I can beat the Giants one on one, but it just takes too much time :cool:
    edited April 2014
    No chance on Ill-Gotten Gains (or so) and Remorhaz Hunt (or so). I can beat the Giants one on one, but it just takes too much time :cool:

Heh, yeah I usually take on the Giants two to one as I can still use Shards on two of them. It does take a lot of time and they do a lot damage too, and they have that GWF charge attack. Which can be a thorn in my side. This is another worthy mob. But this one I actually can take on and win with the same gear I have on Live. (On live I've only got Rank 8s and GVorp, but my health is actually the same on both)

Still not easy, as they can kill me... but doable.

And yeah... that Remorhaz is just too nasty to even consider.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Question for the devs... Is there any particular reason why you made the 2 piece bonus on the HR corrupted gear +150 control??? This makes no sense to me.. all the rest of the HR gear doesn't have a single point of control on it nor have i seen a reason for us to think about it now..

I could see a reason for putting it on a CW with their Enc. Powers and such to help with CC.. but HRs? best we got is grasping roots which hardly counts as a CC for any duration of a long fight... could you please change it to something more beneficial? like regen, lifesteal, movement, or even recovery?

If this doesn't change, then could you possible find a way to give us more points in control to make it worth our time? rings, belts, or even enchant stones with control?
    5790248SLdyC.png