Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ontheriver wrote: »
    We are revising the inclusion of Movement on the black ice items. That stat value will be reallocated to other stats that *do* affect your gearscore.

Thank you so much for your feedback on these items, it has been a great help.

A little recovery love for the CWs would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your update and great work...loving mod 3!
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Bug: Purifed Black Ice Gear
    All purified items have wrong Tenacity value, ex. purified armor - 840 tenacity vs corrupted armor - 196 tenacity.

Good catch! This has been fixed.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a bug but are we supposed to be able to see the black ice damage resistance buff anywhere when we wear corrupt or purified black ice armor or is it a hidden buff?I was wearing the corrupt helm and corrupt boots and the damage resistance buff didn't appear in my buff bar area thingy.

I don't think there's a visual indicator either. However I've checked Black Ice Resist via ACT and so far seems to be working correctly. It reduces 'black ice damage' attacks by stated amount. Without black ice resist gear you take 100% of black ice damage.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    mddoughtsmddoughts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The ice mining deposit animation seems too long and doesn't server a purpose. You have to sit there and twiddle your thumbs while it does nothing.
  • Options
    mddoughtsmddoughts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The purified sceptor for the clerics is quite spectacular. It offers a stat upgrade, the set bonus is fairly decent,and adding regeneration instead of ap or life steal is genius. Well done and I want one. This remark redacted due to being a stupid question.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mddoughts wrote: »
    I can't find the cleric gear anywhere to comment on it, without unlocking it for myself. And that's more time than I'm willing to devote to a cleric on the preview shard that'll get erased.

If you just want to look at the stats, the sets are in the collection systems.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    If you just want to look at the stats, the sets are in the collection systems.

Just realize that the stats go even higher than what is displayed in the collections tab when FULLY charged.
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hello Devs and all community members, I've been playing on the preview server with my HR, which btw the new content is beautiful, fun, and extremely challenging! I love everything about it except for one thing..

I was wondering why all the purified and corrupt gear for the HR's does not have critical strike stats on them? and I'm not trying to be an OP or a troll about it.. just wondering why so when critical strike / chance is one of our top 3 stat priorities? especially when it comes to our DPS which I have already seen a reduction in the DPS charts because of this? any valid reason why would be greatly appreciated so that it will help other HR players understand and help us with possible retraining, and stone slotting

But there are 4+ other blades and bows PVP based with Tenacity ( ofc which doesnt have critical either) and (which can be crafted, found in packs, rare drops, and the new Skirmish).. Are we going to see any chance of more then just 1 set of weapons for the HR with critical strike? or other options or opportunities to get them besides the Heroic encounters or future insanely priced on the AH?

I will correct one thing.. there is ONLY 1 Bow, and 1 Blades that has critical that is currently on the preview server.. only 1 of each.. which IMO is pretty fail, and ofc only 2 possilbe ways to get them. A super Rare chance from the 12+ player Heroic Encounter, or AH (which we already know whats gonna happen there.... ). (not in black ice crafting either)

This is going to really suck when it goes live, the prices for the bow and blades will be ridiculously overpriced on the AH if they are bound on equip.

I'm not trying to call out Bias but when you look at the Black Ice crafting for the HR class, Almost every single piece of gear for the HR is PVP based, where is the PVE gear?

There are those of us such as myself that don't care about PVP, PVP dailies, or the PVP arena at all.. so could we possibly see a chance to have more then the minimum for use PVE players? Please???
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    question... Is all the other classes affected the same way? removing critical strike? merely one set of PVE based main hand / off hand weapons? etc? Or are the HR's only class being targeted with the removal of Critical strike on all of the content weapons except 1 set?
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Cws are hit with a lack of Recovery but lots of arp and crit. I think other classes are hit in different ways. The Devs did mention that the Movement stat will probably be changed to "a gear score affecting stat" and that the stats have not been finalized.

SO MAKE YOUR CONSTRUCTIVE VOICES HEARD!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    question... Is all the other classes affected the same way? removing critical strike? merely one set of PVE based main hand / off hand weapons? etc? Or are the HR's only class being targeted with the removal of Critical strike on all of the content weapons except 1 set?

Let me revise these questions abit
    Is one of your main class stats getting reduced or even removed from the new black ice gear?
    Is there only 1 set of PVE based gear main hand / off hand for your class?
    Is there Only one way to get the current PVE gear? (Besides AH, stupidly will be overpriced)
    Have you gotten one of these items from a heroic encounter yet? if so how many times did it take you to get it to drop?
    Are we going to see the PVE main hand / off hand drop in the skirmishes?
    Do you think they should give us more ways or options then only the Heroic encounter to obtain the PVE items?
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Would be nice to get an official word where to get the Gloves after all. Tooltip now states Dwarven Valley which would be nice because HEs in Icewind Pass rarely spawn. All Gloves I know of dropped in Icewind Pass though.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, removing Recovery from CW gear is about as smart of an idea as putting Life Steal on DC gear, I suppose.
  • Options
    ontheriverontheriver Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 71 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    HR Corrupted sets will have Critical Strike in place of Movement in the two items that currently have it (head and feet). Hopefully this change will be ready for the next build on Preview.

The inclusion of Tenacity on the black ice gear shouldn't make you think it's intended solely for PvP, however. The sets do not have Tenacity in place of any other stat, but in addition. The intent here is that the items you find and craft in this zone can be used effectively in any content you encounter in Icewind Dale.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    BUG: ENCHANTMENTS LOST ON CORRUPTING/PURIFYING

When corrupting my Black Ice boots, my Fey Blessing enchantment simply disappeared.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

When corrupting my Black Ice boots, my Fey Blessing enchantment simply disappeared.

I think a similar bug exists or used to exist with the reinforced gloves on regular epic gear .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That's because items are technically consumed and not upgraded. I don't think it's a bug per se, but would sure be nice to add a feature that preserves enchantments.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ontheriver wrote: »
    HR Corrupted sets will have Critical Strike in place of Movement in the two items that currently have it (head and feet). Hopefully this change will be ready for the next build on Preview.

The inclusion of Tenacity on the black ice gear shouldn't make you think it's intended solely for PvP, however. The sets do not have Tenacity in place of any other stat, but in addition. The intent here is that the items you find and craft in this zone can be used effectively in any content you encounter in Icewind Dale.

Can we get recovery instead of movement on the CW gear? Pretty please with sugar on top!
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Don't think that is really a bug, since when you craft the gear you are making an entirely new item out of the old, so it stands to reason anything left i the enchantment slots will get consumed if you do not remove them.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The overall problem with the Black Ice gear is that you have to change jewelry and Enchantments to adjust to the gear. Which effectively means that we need two sets of jewelry in the future, because you don't want to run old content with your empowered gear. So in my eyes the Black Ice gear has to cater to current existing builds and should not add variety.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    They definitely need to either make it not possible to upgrade gear which contains enchantments or add a warning in big letters to the upgrade task otherwise people will be losing perfect weapon enchantments and stuff because enchantments go poof if you upgrade gear while it contains an enchantment.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They definitely need to either make it not possible to upgrade gear which contains enchantments or add a warning in big letters to the upgrade task otherwise people will be losing perfect weapon enchantments and stuff because enchantments go poof if you upgrade gear while it contains an enchantment.

iambecks I hate to say it...but why did you put enchantments in the basic black ice gear in the first place?

Second, that gear is only meant for crafting purposes...so again why?
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A few reflection on BI gear for CW :

What the purpose of the purified 4-pieces bonus?
    It's not like any CW want a defence bonus when they can take an offensive's one. Maybe in PvP but I think the corrupted set will be preferred (minus the tenacity's value error) with the purified weapon or maybe a 2+2 Purified/Corrupted for both 2-pieces bonus. Cw, like other DPS class need more 2 DPS set than a defensive set that can be problematic for PvP balance on some class.

About the corrupted 4-pieces bonus.
    What the purpose behind the movement buff. Random acceleration is always awkward and result in more death than anything. If life steal/regeneration will be too overpower, maybe defence or deflection could have been good here. Did it have an ICD ?

About itemisation of the corrupted set.
    Why there's so much Movement and Deflection on it. It's both low good stat. But more strange, why there's no point of life steal/regeneration at all ? It also lack some recovery too.

About itemisation of the purified set.
    Where the offensive stat ? It's too much defensive. CW isn't a tank class, it's all about control or die.

Set identity.
    Could it be possible to have itemisation of the set to reflect stormspell/master of flame path ?
    For example:
    >> Corrupted could have been with more crit rating and a 4-p bonus with power/crit severity/Movement. Keep control bonus as 2-p bonus.
    >> Purified could have been with more recovery and a 4-p bonus with power/action point gain/HP max. Give control resist as 2-p bonus.
    Could have been a lot more interesting and will make the 2+2 option less interesting.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    iambecks I hate to say it...but why did you put enchantments in the basic black ice gear in the first place?

Second, that gear is only meant for crafting purposes...so again why?

Lol , I didn't , I got caught out by the reinforced gauntlets months ago and even then it was only a rank 6 and like you said there's not much point putting enchants in the basic black ice gear, this guy who's post I linked did though and I imagine a lot of others will too if it goes live , if they can either add a easy to see warning or make it impossible it will probably preempt a lot of threads down the road about people destroying various enchants.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635411-Official-Feedback-Thread-Black-Ice-Gear&p=7748651&viewfull=1#post7748651
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bottom line: The CW gear is not too viable in its current form. 2x2 is the way to go if you want to wear something (take the arms, feet and armor with +power for max DPS). All depends on how important that resistance to Black Ice damage will be, but I can already see people switching to HV in the Kessell skirmish eventually.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The black ice resists are very important, as black ice damage seems to cut right through existing any damage resist like butter. I can only imagine it is gonna be a whole lot worse in the skirmish then overland. Everyday I see people sporting sets of 4 in HE that will have black ice damage and die easily. I myself sport 2 x 2 for the time being until I get the glove drop. Yes that measly 20% black ice damage resist already makes a big difference between life and death.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sorry about that iambecks1, I hit the wrong replay with quotes post.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sorry about that iambecks1, I hit the wrong replay with quotes post.

No probs , done it myself many times.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The black ice resists are very important, as black ice damage seems to cut right through existing any damage resist like butter. I can only imagine it is gonna be a whole lot worse in the skirmish then overland. Everyday I see people sporting sets of 4 in HE that will have black ice damage and die easily. I myself sport 2 x 2 for the time being until I get the glove drop. Yes that measly 20% black ice damage resist already makes a big difference between life and death.

My 15k+ toons (GF, CW, GWF) slice like butter through the HEs without a single piece of Black Ice gear. You can solo the (unbugged) Class As, need 3+ for Bs and want a cleric for Cs. That's it. The resistance adds to convenience but is nowhere near mandatory. The impact in the skirmish remains to be seen, but that the C encounters also are lvl 65 could indicate that you can power through with HV as well.

That said, I will definitely look into BI with my Conq GF. Seems like the class could profit from it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    Can we get recovery instead of movement on the CW gear? Pretty please with sugar on top!

Since you asked so nicely :)

This will all be in the same update.