Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Check the collection set of icewind dale. Theres a corrupted and purified set from kessels retreat, bop of course so that you likely don't want to repeat it when you're done. I tihnk theres another new ring set too.

Yeah there's a accessory set on the top of the IWD campaign tree , you seem to get a random piece every time you choose the task and you get a set bonus when you wear all 3 pieces but the stats aren't as good as black ice set's .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah there's a accessory set on the top of the IWD campaign tree , you seem to get a random piece every time you choose the task and you get a set bonus when you wear all 3 pieces but the stats aren't as good as black ice set's .

Not sure but this "campaign" gear looks like "account bound" and use is like "mulhorand" so if player did he´s first character and complete "Icewindale" he then get nice nice equipment for new grind...

Im not sure, but it looks like "account bound Mulhorand" -type items.... 8D
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What are the stats like on black ice gear that's been upgraded to corrupted or purified, but isn't empowered? Is it similar to the hammerstone gear or better?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    zomd wrote: »
    What are the stats like on black ice gear that's been upgraded to corrupted or purified, but isn't empowered? Is it similar to the hammerstone gear or better?

Its coming out in less than 24 hours. If you still haven't mustered enough energy to check it out for yourself, just learn to wait.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Its coming out in less than 24 hours. If you still haven't mustered enough energy to check it out for yourself, just learn to wait.

You actually have to farm the black ice and the components for the upgrade, craft the gear (waiting for that), and then wait for the empower timer to run out, because the information isn't available in the collection or the black ice shaping portion of the UIs. At least that's the way it looks like because the crafted gear has the timer listed already.

That's not an insignificant amount of effort. I'm asking the question because it's useful information for some of us to determine our level of participation in the new module. It doesn't matter that the module is dropping soon, because the information isn't readily available even when it does go live.

With your dismissive attitude you make it sound like it's just a matter of logging in. It's not.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You actually have to farm the black ice and the components for the upgrade, craft the gear (waiting for that), and then wait for the empower timer to run out, because the information isn't available in the collection or the black ice shaping portion of the UIs. At least that's the way it looks like because the crafted gear has the timer listed already.

That's not an insignificant amount of effort. I'm asking the question because it's useful information for some of us to determine our level of participation in the new module. It doesn't matter that the module is dropping soon, because the information isn't readily available even when it does go live.

With your dismissive attitude you make it sound like it's just a matter of logging in. It's not.

But it is in the collections window and the crafting window. When it's crafted it becomes t2 which are the stats show in those windows but can decay further to t1, but it shouldnt be hard to keep it empowered.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For black ice gear the time sink will be getting the the raw black ice, then refining enough to actually buy the gear ( that can be bought), (the gear that drops should not be an issue on live), then crafting the gear, and having enough black ice to fully empower it. Once all this is done, maintaining the empowerment will be easy enough.

The time sink will be gathering the raw black ice and refining it. You need roughly 18k black ice or around 21k raw black ice per item. ( rough estimates) Lower for the the dropped gear.

When you craft it starts at halfway empowered (50%) as tier 2. It takes 1500 black ice to fully empower it.

After this point of creating a full set, it is nothing to keep it fully empowered.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    But it is in the collections window and the crafting window. When it's crafted it becomes t2 which are the stats show in those windows but can decay further to t1, but it shouldnt be hard to keep it empowered.

The T1 stats aren't in the collection window or the crafting window. It shows the T2, but it doesn't show what T1 looks like. That's my point. Since it basically goes vendor black ice gear to the reward in the crafting menu and the the item in collection window being shown as T2, I don't know what the T1 stats are or at least how much different the T1 stats are compared to the vendor gear (or other reward gear) and that's what I am asking.
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    So, the Black Ice Offhand can be used in Ioun Stone of Allure for DC's, interesting choices
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brobora wrote: »
    So, the Black Ice Offhand can be used in Ioun Stone of Allure for DC's, interesting choices
    Huh??? Did not follow that.
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Huh??? Did not follow that.
    Ioun Stone of Allure has slot for Icon!

DC can craft extra Black Ice item there, and stone should transfer stats to player... got it now, ;).
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gromm1t wrote: »
    Ioun Stone of Allure has slot for Icon!

DC can craft extra Black Ice item there, and stone should transfer stats to player... got it now, ;).

If only it was account bound :c.
    The T1 stats aren't in the collection window or the crafting window. It shows the T2, but it doesn't show what T1 looks like. That's my point. Since it basically goes vendor black ice gear to the reward in the crafting menu and the the item in collection window being shown as T2, I don't know what the T1 stats are or at least how much different the T1 stats are compared to the vendor gear (or other reward gear) and that's what I am asking.

Well you said the nonempowered stats so I assumed you meant the t2 stats since that's what it comes out at. I'd look but I'm kind of lazy when you shouldnt really be having it as t1 and the stats may vary depending on class, set, and piece. I suppose it's a fair question though but i'd rather catch up on stuff than find the answer :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks gromm1t I follow now. LOL though at that thought....I suppose someone could do that.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Is Black Ice gear going to follow the same crafting process as the Gemmed shirts/pants? In other words, If I haven't spent 2 - 3 million AD on assets will I not be able to make the real deal?
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Is Black Ice gear going to follow the same crafting process as the Gemmed shirts/pants? In other words, If I haven't spent 2 - 3 million AD on assets will I not be able to make the real deal?

No you don't need the expensive assets to make the black ice gear , the white gauntlets can make exactly the same gear as a epic quality gauntlets .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    only thing that using 2 mil on assets will do is save some black ice grinding that is the only thing and time unless you pay to finish the task right away.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    oficinamanoficinaman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes , you will buy the basic black ice gear then empower it using the new profession and the new black ice material but the longer you use the empowered gear the more its bonus stats wear down until you have to empower it again .
    Sorry I arrived late to this thread, but can someone explain me this in a bit more detail? This means that, eventually, my Tier 2 Black Ice Boots may revert over time to its Tier 1 version? If so, how much does it cost to maintain the Tier? It uses the crafting materials again or just Black Ice?
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    oficinaman wrote: »
    Sorry I arrived late to this thread, but can someone explain me this in a bit more detail? This means that, eventually, my Tier 2 Black Ice Boots may revert over time to its Tier 1 version? If so, how much does it cost to maintain the Tier? It uses the crafting materials again or just Black Ice?
    i find the whole idea of item decay stupid,1st u need to do dailys for 35 days, you farm raw black ice meantime then you have to turn it to black ice, then you have to craft purifed or corrupted BI gear then you have to keep farming black ice to keep the stats ,so i do like to know whose idea was that,it seems NW is turning into KR game where u have to farm 24/7 in order to achive something.
    in my opinion Item Decay should be removed completly from BI gear, once you make it t3 it should stay t3 not like: oh hey my empower ran out lets go farm BI again so exciting!!Not.
    i do like to dev give us an answer on it, what was the whole point behind item decay.
  • Options
    oficinamanoficinaman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i find the whole idea of item decay stupid,1st u need to do dailys for 35 days, you farm raw black ice meantime then you have to turn it to black ice, then you have to craft purifed or corrupted BI gear then you have to keep farming black ice to keep the stats ,so i do like to know whose idea was that,it seems NW is turning into KR game where u have to farm 24/7 in order to achive something.
    in my opinion Item Decay should be removed completly from BI gear, once you make it t3 it should stay t3 not like: oh hey my empower ran out lets go farm BI again so exciting!!Not.
    i do like to dev give us an answer on it, what was the whole point behind item decay.

So, my fears were true... It seems Perfectworld thinks all its players have all the time in the world to achieve something useful in NW and thats far from true (at least in my case and hope in almost all of you).
  • Options
    edited June 2014

come on devs answer my question why we have item decay on BI gear.
    the time it takes to get the full gear - facepalm
    the amount of Black Ice farm needed to get the gear - facepalm
    the 2 set bonus stats - facepalm
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    come on devs answer my question why we have item decay on BI gear.
    the time it takes to get the full gear - facepalm
    the amount of Black Ice farm needed to get the gear - facepalm
    the 2 set bonus stats - facepalm

I dont think its that bad actually I was thinking its almost TOO easy...

The blackice gear for most people is going to be BIS because of the 4 pc bonuses. The daily is so easy it takes about 2 minutes to do, its not dailies btw, its really just rep you need to farm.

So what, you did a few heroics, farmed a little blackice and now have blackice gear. Wasnt too hard.. Takes like 10 dailies - basically just log in and play for 5 minutes to farm the rep BAM now you can make BIS gear?

The ONLY painful part in all this is waiting 35 days to get the t3 gear... Im on day 25 now and getting close! But again, log in for 2 minutes and your done.

Then you can make the weapons and finish the set....

So overall its MUCH easier to get than farming PVE, it can be done almost solely by yourself, just takes time. To fully empower the gear it takes only a few thousand blackice - you can farm this in like 3 minutes running around

The ONLY hard thing is that you have to refine it and continue to empower it if you want to keep it going.

Consiering you cna only refine about 1200-1500 over a 12hr period without buying more things there, that becomes the pain.....

Overall I think the BIS gear should be hard to get and even if its not T3 empowered, the T2 is still good and same with T1.

Id like to see it harder to get and easier to maintain but thats just me..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I dont think its that bad actually I was thinking its almost TOO easy...

The blackice gear for most people is going to be BIS because of the 4 pc bonuses. The daily is so easy it takes about 2 minutes to do, its not dailies btw, its really just rep you need to farm.

So what, you did a few heroics, farmed a little blackice and now have blackice gear. Wasnt too hard.. Takes like 10 dailies - basically just log in and play for 5 minutes to farm the rep BAM now you can make BIS gear?

The ONLY painful part in all this is waiting 35 days to get the t3 gear... Im on day 25 now and getting close! But again, log in for 2 minutes and your done.

Then you can make the weapons and finish the set....

So overall its MUCH easier to get than farming PVE, it can be done almost solely by yourself, just takes time. To fully empower the gear it takes only a few thousand blackice - you can farm this in like 3 minutes running around

The ONLY hard thing is that you have to refine it and continue to empower it if you want to keep it going.

Consiering you cna only refine about 1200-1500 over a 12hr period without buying more things there, that becomes the pain.....

Overall I think the BIS gear should be hard to get and even if its not T3 empowered, the T2 is still good and same with T1.

Id like to see it harder to get and easier to maintain but thats just me..

the black ice farming and then shaping it takes quite ridiculous amount of time especially for the ppls that doesnt have it.
    and the part about getting gear easy,the other sets u could get in 1-2 days this 1 takes 35 days + alot of BI farming/shaping and on top of that we have timer on it.
    devs pls.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I've been grinding my *** off doing IWD dailies. I only just started to suspect the decay part of things. I've only made 2 pieces so far and was wondering about the decay. I have a total of 7 toons on 2 accounts. I am not going to do this grind on all of them when the effects are only temporary.

I'm probably going to stop playing until the next chapter in August. This chapter is all about PvP and only provides better gear (maybe) that is temporary in nature. Not worth the effort and time.

Kessel's Retreat can not be accessed for at least 35 days plus the time to craft the pieces needed to get 20% Black Ice resistance. I didn't like having to collect resistance gear in WoW when I had much more storage space than I have in NWO, and I like it even less when I have minimal storage space and need to buy more storage space, with real money to store multiple sets of gear (for more than one toon if you are an anti-pvp, altaholic like myself.
    ill probly do the same get full set mess with it for few days and go play something else untill mod 4 arrives.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I've been grinding my *** off doing IWD dailies. I only just started to suspect the decay part of things. I've only made 2 pieces so far and was wondering about the decay. I have a total of 7 toons on 2 accounts. I am not going to do this grind on all of them when the effects are only temporary.

I'm probably going to stop playing until the next chapter in August. This chapter is all about PvP and only provides better gear (maybe) that is temporary in nature. Not worth the effort and time.

Kessel's Retreat can not be accessed for at least 35 days plus the time to craft the pieces needed to get 20% Black Ice resistance. I didn't like having to collect resistance gear in WoW when I had much more storage space than I have in NWO, and I like it even less when I have minimal storage space and need to buy more storage space, with real money to store multiple sets of gear (for more than one toon if you are an anti-pvp, altaholic like myself.

Just a few things to point out. You dont really need to grind that much, you only NEED to do 1 daily a day which takes about 2 minutes (get 300 BI and do 1 encounter)

Second, the Decay rate is ONLY during combat. So if your not on your toon, it wont go down. ALSO there are potions you can use to slow the decay rate by like 20% for an hour as well as a stone that reduces that another 15%.

As for the decay, its really not too bad, Personally while Im Qd for PVP I go into a pvp zone and farm 1-2 nodes. Just the BI I get from 2 nodes during my Q pop is enough to empower my gear once its refined.

Fourth Kessels Retreat is accessed after 20 days of doing 3 minutes a day of gameplay. So... Call it an hour of gameplay? Thats not a big deal... And also whats in Kessels to even do? Nothing as far as im concnered..

I agree its a chore to get this gear but look at the other side, its solo-able AND its BIS for most classes. Versus when I left WoW It was massive PVE farming or having to do arenas to get the BIS pvp gear...

Either way Id say they are similar models, NW is a quick daily, WOW was more weekly... From my perspective.

Again I really dont think its that bad to get... Im only 6 days away from having full purified gear and have 170k in REFINED black ice, so.....
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Just a few things to point out. You dont really need to grind that much, you only NEED to do 1 daily a day which takes about 2 minutes (get 300 BI and do 1 encounter)

Second, the Decay rate is ONLY during combat. So if your not on your toon, it wont go down. ALSO there are potions you can use to slow the decay rate by like 20% for an hour as well as a stone that reduces that another 15%.

As for the decay, its really not too bad, Personally while Im Qd for PVP I go into a pvp zone and farm 1-2 nodes. Just the BI I get from 2 nodes during my Q pop is enough to empower my gear once its refined.

Fourth Kessels Retreat is accessed after 20 days of doing 3 minutes a day of gameplay. So... Call it an hour of gameplay? Thats not a big deal... And also whats in Kessels to even do? Nothing as far as im concnered..

I agree its a chore to get this gear but look at the other side, its solo-able AND its BIS for most classes. Versus when I left WoW It was massive PVE farming or having to do arenas to get the BIS pvp gear...

Either way Id say they are similar models, NW is a quick daily, WOW was more weekly... From my perspective.

Again I really dont think its that bad to get... Im only 6 days away from having full purified gear and have 170k in REFINED black ice, so.....

u need to take in consideration ppls that have 6 characters and have to do all the dailys and BI farm aswell
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "To fully empower the gear it takes only a few thousand blackice - you can farm this in like 3 minutes running around"

Can you give me your 180 second schedule.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    u need to take in consideration ppls that have 6 characters and have to do all the dailys and BI farm aswell

You know... I dont and cant really feel bad because someone with 6 toons is complaining about not having BIS gear on all 6 toons... Thats the name of the game, I mean.... Black Ice PALES in comparison to all the enchants you need.... I mean even at rank 9s rolling 1.2-1.4Mil each and you need atleast like 9 of them?! on 6 toons? I think your barking up the wrong tree there.

Not to mention Mod 3 farming is MUCH easier on 6 toons than Mod 1 or Mod 2 was... Takes MUCH longer to do quests AND solo dungeons than it is to run into a zone, do an encounter and farm a node 2x for 300 BI....

qutsemnie wrote: »
    "To fully empower the gear it takes only a few thousand blackice - you can farm this in like 3 minutes running around"

Run to Dwarven Valley and if you play enough you know all the node spawns, within 30 seconds of running you can find a node that will spit out 6+ black ice things.... At 150-180 a pop * 6 = 900-1080 within a minute....

Repeat 3 times and you have over 3k black ice.... I can easily farm over 10k raw BI a day in just a small play session...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »

http://justpaste.it/ft70

Here you go.

Bottom Picture:
    4:27 I was in Kaer Konig or however you spell it. I RAN over to the PVP area and by 4:29 (top picture) I had farmed

1710 RAW black ice (so close to 1k/minute).... Youll also notice im now at 180k refined black ice... Its really not a tough deal guys....