What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Question for the devs... Is there any particular reason why you made the 2 piece bonus on the HR corrupted gear +150 control??? This makes no sense to me.. all the rest of the HR gear doesn't have a single point of control on it nor have i seen a reason for us to think about it now..

I could see a reason for putting it on a CW with their Enc. Powers and such to help with CC.. but HRs? best we got is grasping roots which hardly counts as a CC for any duration of a long fight... could you please change it to something more beneficial? like regen, lifesteal, movement, or even recovery?

If this doesn't change, then could you possible find a way to give us more points in control to make it worth our time? rings, belts, or even enchant stones with control?
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I can see reasons why they have increased the strength of the mobs and made it more difficult for killing.. these are only possible opinions
    1. To reduce the amount of Farm bots
    2. Help learning your class more effectively
    3. making the game more challenging so boredom doesn't kick in so much :)
    4. Well It's a great way to test your skill on your class when it comes to getting into the new skirmish's and dungeons
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    Question for the devs... Is there any particular reason why you made the 2 piece bonus on the HR corrupted gear +150 control??? This makes no sense to me.. all the rest of the HR gear doesn't have a single point of control on it nor have i seen a reason for us to think about it now..

I could see a reason for putting it on a CW with their Enc. Powers and such to help with CC.. but HRs? best we got is grasping roots which hardly counts as a CC for any duration of a long fight... could you please change it to something more beneficial? like regen, lifesteal, movement, or even recovery?

If this doesn't change, then could you possible find a way to give us more points in control to make it worth our time? rings, belts, or even enchant stones with control?

Pretty sure all classes got the same passive options.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Pretty sure all classes got the same passive options.
    The GWF for the Corrupted Black Ice gear 2-set bonus is +150 Action Point gain.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Consider me mistaken :). For other classes that were wondering, the purified set gives them stamina/guard gain bonus
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    CW is AP gain as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    CW is AP gain as well.

Corrupted gives control bonus for cw, purified gives ap gain.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I would prefer the action point gain over the control any day, at least it would be something useful for HR's
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    oh btw i think i might have found the the ratio for control.. 10 pts = .01 seconds.. so the 150 would give us .15 seconds of grasping roots time added.. totally useless.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thought it was %-based, but if it's as you say, that's pretty decent on Constricting Shot/Disruptive Shot, since those are outright stuns/dazes, and Constricting hits thrice.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Consider me mistaken :). For other classes that were wondering, the purified set gives them stamina/guard gain bonus
    No worries bud, just wanted to clarify... :)

Hope your day is rocking well!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    So is this BI set just an extra armor set everyone will have to grind out to be able to participate in mod3 content? The profound gear seems overall better in most cases. This feels like an awkward cash grab.
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    So is this BI set just an extra armor set everyone will have to grind out to be able to participate in mod3 content? The profound gear seems overall better in most cases. This feels like an awkward cash grab.
    "Cash grab", not sure what it mean here because we cant use ZEN on preview and I will get my Full Black Ice gear on five days. Not sure how much it help in normal T2, but sure it will make Mod 3 area more fun.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    What i mean by "cash grab" is another full set of gear to be auged.
    Profound is arguably a better set for every class and i would expect most people will be using the profound set most of the time.
    The gear is not the "cash" portion of the comment its the augs and needing another full set for content that will then be worthless come mod4. (or any other content that doesnt have black ice)
    Of course i know that you do not have to spend a dime for anything, but, since cryptic is running a profitable company many people are obviously paying to get their stuff faster.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Not to mention the never ending grind to keep the gear "charged".
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014

OMG people give it is rest! Have you even checked out preview??? It has been explained by me and others until we are blue in the face, IT WILL NOT TAKE MUCH EFFORT FOR EVEN THE MOST CASUAL PLAYER TO KEEP THEIR GEAR EMPOWERED!!!!
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yeah this was one of my major concerns before I tried out the system and cayapp is completely correct , infact the black ice you get from just handing in your dailies should probably be more than enough to keep the average players gear fully enhanced plus you earn black ice from doing HE's and EVERYBODY will be doing them all the time plus there are potions that slow down the speed at which your black ice gear degrades .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah this was one of my major concerns before I tried out the system and cayapp is completely correct , infact the black ice you get from just handing in your dailies should probably be more than enough to keep the average players gear fully enhanced plus you earn black ice from doing HE's and EVERYBODY will be doing them all the time plus there are potions that slow down the speed at which your black ice gear degrades .

Ok, so how about some numbers? My understanding is, it takes 6 hours of use for an item to degrade one rank. How much refined black ice does it take, per item, to charge it back up?
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Ok, so how about some numbers? My understanding is, it takes 6 hours of use for an item to degrade one rank. How much refined black ice does it take, per item, to charge it back up?

Approx 8 hours of COMBAT to go down one tier. Takes a long long long time. If you need numbers then check it out yourself...I am not a number cruncher :D

I think it only took 3k black ice when I made them to fully empower them.

And remember it is only while your in combat.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Im aware its only in combat. But im not going to grind out an entire set simply to crunch some numbers. So far all I see is a lot of vague promises that its no big deal, without any real facts or hard numbers. Nothing solid enough to convince me this is something worth doing and being forever committed to, to maintain.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I kind of have to agree, the armour does seem to be exclusively useful for black ice and am unsure whether it's worth maintaining in the long run especially if mod 4 is somewhat decent. I've got loads of black ice, but that's because I can claim the motherlode solo a lot. Remember that free players are limited to 1 free tool so thats 1350 black ice per 12 hours that they won't buy out like me. If they have a full 6 piece, they need like 3 days worth of refining for that (unsure of exact numbers but i assume it was like 1500 per piece). I'm also unsure if I'll even be playing any mod 3 stuff after a month or 2 after release if the skirmish doesn't drop enough boe stuff (apart from the artifact which I assume does). I'm glad to have some new content though to keep us occupied for a while. Whether I actually continue to play for the long term depends on how farmable the epic skirmish. Atm it seems like not very. It's been a while since mod 2 which didn't deliver farmable stuff just like mod 1. It'll be a while for mod 4 which may even follow the same pattern of unrewarding bop and low drop rates.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Corrupted gives control bonus for cw, purified gives ap gain.

Sorry about that...I stand corrected. Trying to answer from memory as I am traveling on business and have been offline for a week...BUMMER! Hope you guys are still having fun! Leave some Black Ice for me will you!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'm not back on till tomorrow but if nobody posts anything before then I'll post some screenshots of the CW hat and boots that shows how much it takes to charge up ( I'm pretty sure all classes armor pieces will use exactly the same amount to charge up ) and I'll also add up how much black ice you get from just doing the 6 pve dailies ,the Need for Mead daily instance plus the Caer Konig faction reputation quest .

I'll also get a screenshot of the pieces after I have completed all 8 dailies and how long I was out in the maps doing the dailies so you get a ( very) rough idea how fast the gear degrades .
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    People keep saying the grind is not that bad, but, the BI set is not that good and will only be useful for this mod. The only reason most people will even bother to get the set is because they have to (or not participate).

I dont mind putting some money into a game i like, i feel like im supporting a brand, but, i really dont like feeling manipulated or pushed into something. This mod3 pushes everyone into BI gear to participate in the content. I think thats crappy.

I dont grind Sharandar or Dread dailies anymore because im done with those. I also know ill be done with mod3 in a few weeks and will not go back to grind dailies (no matter how small) to keep the armor charged. I believe this is an annoyance that will make people leave the game.

Instead of implementing a new armor set, I believe they should have introduced a new "enchantment slot". The BI refining profession could have made better enchantments to be slotted into existing gear to give you the "charged" effect and protection from BI. The BI gear they have introduced is clumsy and has crappy stats. It feels like they are forcing an artificial unnecessary grind for lack of more creative ideas.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Perhaps, it's going to be like when Shadowmantle was released and everyone was like: woot amazing new map, new stuff to be done/completed, let's farm! whatever, until they realised how useless is the Dread Legion set, except maybe for the VT weapon set which became a cheaper alternative to the CN weapon set. It is funny that most people looks for the VT "the end-game dungeon atm" only to use it for transmutation in the t2 gear, so is it going to the same? 1 month farming Icewind Dale, get black ice gear, boons, etc until it's complete and then again realise that the set isn't useful for anything else but the skirmish due to the odd stats on them.

Do you know what is really boring? Everyone using the same gear: GWF = Avatar of War, CW = High Vizier, DC = High prophet T1! GF= Knight Captain T1! TR = I don't know because I don't remember the last time I saw them in a group for PvE. People doesn't use Fabled gear nor Dread Legion (except weapon set) same fate awaits for Black Ice?

And why the corrupted/purified weapon set have the same base stats than the CN/VT weapons? if they are being crafted, shouldn't they have the same base stats than the Fomorian/Fallen Dragon?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Once you have both new maps unlocked and access to all the dailies you get 850 refined black ice per day and 300 raw black ice per day from dailies.

NOTE - This gear is subject to change before live launch remember.

These 2 screenshots show how much my gear degraded during roughly 1 hour of play doing the 6 dailies , need for mead instance and the daily HE/mining Caer Konig reputation quest . First Screenshot my gear full tier 3 , this gives the gear 6 hours 56 minutes 40 seconds until it is completely used up and back to tier 1 , the time I played left the timer at 6 hours 37 minutes 27 seconds , screenshots of the unused and used gear with timers here http://imgur.com/a/Y2VM3 .
    otyYwjz.jpg

Second screenshot my gear after about a hour of play (which equated to about 19 minutes in combat) doing the dailies , need for mead and the reputation quest plus a few 2-3 man HE's along the way ,its degraded by 2% or needs 47 black ice to refill each piece to full.
    1q64ZQd.jpg
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Once you have both new maps unlocked and access to all the dailies you get 850 refined black ice per day and 300 raw black ice per day from dailies.

NOTE - This gear is subject to change before live launch remember.

These 2 screenshots show how much my gear degraded during roughly 1 hour of play doing the 6 dailies , need for mead instance and the daily HE/mining Caer Konig reputation quest . First Screenshot my gear full tier 3 , this gives the gear 6 hours 56 minutes 40 seconds until it is completely used up and back to tier 1 , the time I played left the timer at 6 hours 37 minutes 27 seconds , screenshots of the unused and used gear with timers here http://imgur.com/a/2u5CO
    You can also get, once per week, Biggrin's Rest, which is 1000 refined Black Ice. We also don't know how much Black Ice the instance "Need For Mead" gives you, as I don't know how many people have gotten it yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    You can also get, once per week, Biggrin's Rest, which is 1000 refined Black Ice. We also don't know how much Black Ice the instance "Need For Mead" gives you, as I don't know how many people have gotten it yet.

Need for mead gives the 300 raw black ice daily , there's also a item that drops in dwarf valley that starts a quest that rewards 1900 black ice (not 100% on that but its either 1900 or 1200 ) but that is only once a week it seems but yeah I totally forgot Biggrins rest.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Awesome stuffz

Much thanks, that is extremely informative. Looks like a decay of about 50 points, per 20 minutes combat time, per item. But with an entire set, plus weapons, plus jewelry, that can add up quick.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thought it was %-based, but if it's as you say, that's pretty decent on Constricting Shot/Disruptive Shot, since those are outright stuns/dazes, and Constricting hits thrice.

I would say i agree with but if you do the math .15 seconds x 3 = .45 seconds.. thats under 1/2 a second of extra stun... still not enough to make it worth while to the HR class..
    5790248SLdyC.png