Official Feedback Thread: Black Ice Gear

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ontheriver wrote: »
    Since you asked so nicely :)

This will all be in the same update.

Could we temporarily get the Gloves back in the Forge? I don't know. Either I'm completely unlucky or the HEs that supposed to drop the Gloves in Icewind Pass don't spawn regularly. If they drop in Dwarven Valley the HEs are there, but the population on preview just isn't sufficient to really get a team constantly.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sweet. That was one of the reasons I was gonna avoid the corrupted set :D
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Getting rid of movement and replacing it with recovery is a good thing.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014

"YOU THE MAN!" In all seriousness you guys did a great job on the IWD.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014

any news on 4 part bonus of curuppted set? some improvments would be nice to see there atm its 4 set bonus looks very underpowerd

and what is cap on 2 part weapon+ofhand proc is it once in a minute ?
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    HR Corrupted sets will have Critical Strike in place of Movement in the two items that currently have it (head and feet). Hopefully this change will be ready for the next build on Preview.

The inclusion of Tenacity on the black ice gear shouldn't make you think it's intended solely for PvP, however. The sets do not have Tenacity in place of any other stat, but in addition. The intent here is that the items you find and craft in this zone can be used effectively in any content you encounter in Icewind Dale.

ty ty ty! :) I was beginning to wonder if I would have to go all power on my HR just to compensate for the lack of Critical strike.. will we see other ways of obtaining PVE weapons besides the Heroic Encounter? maybe add them to the crafting table or even possible drops from skirmishes along with the PVP corrupted / purified? and i do understand that the PVP set will benefit us vs. the NPC mobs in the wilderness as well.. It kinda bummed out knowing that there is only 1 spot to get the PVE weapons which honestly i would prefer over the corrupted PVP weapons.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If we are making requests for replacements for movement, can TRs get life steal on their corrupted set?
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @ontheriver

Thank you very much for your comments.

I would kindly like to ask you about the following:

These are the "2 of set" bonus in the GWF gear: 150 action point gain (corrupted) / 150 stamina/guard gain (purified)

150 means 2% is a very unnoticeable bonus, are these place holders or are they going to be changed to another stat which also gives us GS instead of that %, just like the t1/t2 sets.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just want to thank the game developers for taking the time to read our forum posts, making revisions to the new Icewind gear to better suit our classes and their stat priorities. We know that you cant change everything at once and do everything we ask and or request of the new upcoming content, so just keep up the good work that you all have been doing.

BTW I posted some bug reports ingame that concerns Icewind dale so if you could take a few and check them out it would be greatly appreciated :), nothing major, just graphical and a few nodes that cant be mined atm. :)

Is there any chance of a possible announcement for release date or rough idea when Module 3 goes live? (credit card in hand with anticipation) LOL :)
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Feedback : way i see all the new "so called best in game armors"

Only HR have better gear .

All other 5 class have better Profound pvp gear " better for PVE too" then the new introduced T3 Black Ice gear ..

Summa summa: TR 30% more steath and 8.5 % more dmg whithout any boon and only rank 6 enchants tr can solo CN.
    DC More heal and more divine power so DC can be better healer.
    CW much more controll and more dmg for tab ability.
    GF more running speed and more block and more dps all what this class need "i feel to say he need more " .
    GWF more critt and power+ the best defense and 7.5 % deflect (i think this alone is more then 4000 stat on deflection after the cap)

So i can say the T3 armor sett not the best .
    Also weapons look cool to me but the base dmg is lower then MC or VT weapons and not increasing if powered by Black Ice.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hi there,

i'm discussing here as a dc, i tested the new module and i would say great job guys, good to see some improvements and fresh contents!

nevertheless, the new sets bonuses are very unappealing.... So, ontheriver, could you just precise if the set bonuses are same for all right now and are going to change, or if it is the way i can see.

for second, plz, put a group buff or mob debuffing instead of the crappy actual bonuses , thanks.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Only HR have better gear .

All other 5 class have better Profound pvp gear " better for PVE too" then the new introduced T3 Black Ice gear ..

Summa summa: TR 30% more steath and 8.5 % more dmg whithout any boon and only rank 6 enchants tr can solo CN.
    CW much more controll and more dmg for tab ability.
    GF more running speed and more block and more dps all what this class need "i feel to say he need more " .
    GWF more critt and power+ the best defense and 7.5 % deflect (i think this alone is more then 4000 stat on deflection after the cap)

So i can say the T3 armor sett not the best .
    Also weapons look cool to me but the base dmg is lower then MC or VT weapons and not increasing if powered by Black Ice.

Not even sure where to start...but do you even play on preview? if so then I will answer.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Not even sure where to start...but do you even play on preview? if so then I will answer.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?330011-Welcome-to-NeverwinterPreview!

Edit: oops totally read that wrong, thought you asked how to play on preview. My bad. Don't know how I misread that >.>
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »

I dont play on preview i think you are the only one .
    What ever you want to acomplish , insulting me or idk. But worked.
    Nobody play on preview its a test server for testing stuff what is not Implemented.
    I dont tested it cuz the time to grind all gear for 6 class is too much mybe not for u .
    I just see the collection page and look on stats and set bonuses. And give Feedback and i also say its the way I see.... No you.

Also i do some test but not with the new gear the way i see its not soo good in pve right now .
    But if you say all armors absobe 90 k dmg in 30 sec then i say omg forget what i say before .
    If you say the weapon sett deal 1 mill B.I bonus dmg then i say omg forget what i say before .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I dont play on preview i think you are the only one .
    What ever you want to acomplish , insulting me or idk. But worked.
    Nobody play on preview its a test server for testing stuff what is not Implemented.
    I dont tested it cuz the time to grind all gear for 6 class is too much mybe not for u .
    I just see the collection page and look on stats and set bonuses. And give Feedback and i also say its the way I see.... No you.

Also i do some test but not with the new gear the way i see its not soo good in pve right now .
    But if you say all armors absobe 90 k dmg in 30 sec then i say omg forget what i say before .
    If you say the weapon sett deal 1 mill B.I bonus dmg then i say omg forget what i say before .

The collections window shows t2 stats, not the upgraded t3 stats.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    The collections window shows t2 stats, not the upgraded t3 stats.

So you say if i upgrade the weapon to T3 this will rase the base dmg ower MC and VT wep?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So you say if i upgrade the weapon to T3 this will rase the base dmg ower MC and VT wep?

I'd assume so, other stats will rise, so probably damage too. Noone will have been able to actually craft it yet though. You also get a different set bonus too and will make up for it in other stats. Especially with tenacity being a free stat.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I'd assume so, other stats will rise, so probably damage too. Noone will have been able to actually craft it yet though.

So its only a theory.
    I belive only in god and things what i can see . As long as i cant see the true form of the gear i dont belive its better then the current pvp sets.
    So Feedback : Let us see the high T3 powered Black ice gear in Collection window in her true form . Or give us pls some img here in this forum.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Uhm...you don't play DCs much, do you ?

Healing is a secondary function for high-end DCs - their primary function is now buffing and debuffing, which is why most of the high-end clerics run around in T1 High Prophet set with R9-R10 enchants. It is the best set for what they are expected to do in a group.

The Black Ice DC gear is not bad for solo PvE, however....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i like some improvments to corrupted set u done but can u u pls improve 2 part set bonus from 150 to 450 ap gain
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is there any screenshot of wiki page that shows me the new updated stats from last patch?
    I'd really like to see a better PvE tanking set (for GF) than Indomitable Champion one of these days. =/

(Not gonna download/install the preview client just to see a bunch of numbers.)
  • Options
    shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2014
    it would be nice if you could always show the stats of the gear for each Empowered tier and highlight the active one
    Example:

34yybdj.jpg
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Mannequin
    The color scheme for the TR Black Ice gear does not match the color scheme on the mannequin showing the TR color scheme. Picture
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Can someone explain how gear is charged?
    It appears like you buy BIgear for about 40kbi a piece then need to "charge" for another 40kbi and that lasts for a few hours??
    Is that right?

If so it sounds like an insane grind. Also it seems the BIgear is required for some of the new content.
    Hopefully someone can explain the process to me. This doesnt sound like any fun to me.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    It appears like you buy BIgear for about 40kbi a piece then need to "charge" for another 40kbi and that lasts for a few hours??
    Is that right?

If so it sounds like an insane grind. Also it seems the BIgear is required for some of the new content.
    Hopefully someone can explain the process to me. This doesnt sound like any fun to me.

To charge, you right click on the corrupted/purified piece while it is equipped and there will be an option for Black Ice Empowerment. From completely empty to full it takes 3k black ice to charge it up (at least for my helm). It also has just under 7 hours of combat time at rank 3. I would assume at that point it will drop to rank 2 and then finally to rank 1.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Is that right?

~10k bice for the gear, ~10k to upgrade to purified/corrupted. Not took notice to upgrading/maintaining costs myself.
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    i like some improvments to corrupted set u done but can u u pls improve 2 part set bonus from 150 to 450 ap gain
    I Agree. Currently the set bonus is undersirable in my opinion.
    150 AP Gain is supposed to be less than 2% (1.875%) and it is not enough to compensate for the lower gs/lower recovery/lower recharge speed we get by having 450 less recovery.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I put the lesser corrupt piercing enchantment into my helm yesterday and I have to say I'm disappointed. It very rarely procs and when it does it lasts 2 seconds at most. Add in the fact that it only lasts 8 hours (and I would assume disappears since I can't find a way to recharge), it is not worth crafting at all. I'm assuming the rest are like this but the piercing one is the one I tested.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ethandw wrote: »
    I Agree. Currently the set bonus is undersirable in my opinion.
    150 AP Gain is supposed to be less than 2% (1.875%) and it is not enough to compensate for the lower gs/lower recovery/lower recharge speed we get by having 450 less recovery.

Enhanced gear doesn't have a lower GS , at least the CW ones don't , I swapped out my HV boots and hat for fully charged corrupt hat and boots and it increased my GS by just over 400 , the gear shown in collections has lower GS due to it not being enhanced .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Adding the recovery to the cw gear was welcomed. Could you consider changing the deflect to something more usefull like lifesteal?

Thanks.

Ps. The 2 piece bonus needs some love as well.