test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I hope its allowed to respond to feedbackwith my own:
    In order to better organize and track feedback please follow these guidelines when posting your valuable feedback in the Official Feedback Threads:
    • Please keep the feedback directed to the developers.
      Discussions and debates are great but do not belong in these threads. Thanks!
    • It is okay to respond to say "+1" to a post but avoid any more in depth responses to other players.
    No. Please keep all feedback directed to the developers.

Do not respond to other player's feedback in the Official Feedback Threads.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I see most Trappers run with either Constricting/Hindering/Rain or Fox Shift/Hindering/Rain. Hindering seems better than Constricting as it lets you roots mobs ganging you and move away to avoid being taken down. Marauder´s could help in achieving the constant moved in and out of the fray, but it will compete against either Fox Shift or Rain of Arrows and I honestly don´t see anyone taking it over those, not to lose too much dps.

On live I use Fox/Hindering/Ambush (w. Advanced Stalking), with Ghost and Disrupting for dailies and Hunters/Split for at-will. I swap out Hindering for Constricting and Split Shot for Aimed Shot in PvP. I don't like either Thorn Ward or Rain of Arrows; they're too easily avoided (esp. Rain in PvE; I only use it in boss fights where I can be reasonably sure of a relatively stationary target). If what's on PTS goes live I don' t see my power lineup changing much, but I will change from Archery to Trapper. I would probably stop using Constricting in PvP because with the loss of the stun Hindering seems like a better deal; it's got roots on both sides. Constricting's melee side has no root or other control/debuff and Binding has a dubious buff on the melee side. (With the removal of the Nature tree all of the buff powers seem questionable to me now, frankly.)
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    all the hr community will just move where wild medicine is. it's not like we have alternatives.

but they will not get the 20% life steal from combat tree
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    but they will not get the 20% life steal from combat tree

My thoughts also let meele go for life steal make wild medicine availiable in trapper with maby 5 stacks or so...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    wilds medicine and the new lone wolf go hand in hand now pretty much guarenteed procs of medicine in pvp considering most HR's will have anywhere between 40-45% deflect cryptic pretty much gave you your set bonus baked into your class.

this changes nothing from the problems of before still think the amount should be lowered or it should have an ICD after it's initial 10 stacks at 40% deflect and this getting capped at 10 stacks every few seconds what player will ever be able to take down this beast

the only really troubleing thing with this skill is it procs off anything example= plague fire heals you guys dot's heal you guys SW curse DMG heals you it doesnt matter what damage gets deflected it could be for 2 dmg it will heal to the fullest and this is a bit ridiculous.

just laughing to myself how useless plaguefire will be against HR's or any class mechanic that has to deal damage over time.

Yes and no.

1-1 Hr is a beast to take down due to what you write above but 1-2 they are weaker then before.
    Myself i think its a good change as pvp is a group mechanic and nm how good you are 1-1 as long as you go down 1-2 the balance between classes comes in.

Some classes will exel toward others like paper and rock but the new gf buffs with cws control makes a for a hole new combat mechanic.
    I have np facing off most gfs in 1-1 but big trubble against cw and together they take me out in seconds as am locked down and they do more dam then i can ever hope to heal.

As a matter of fact in match I go as far to say that in a premade there is no room for either hr or tr as the group buffs from gf with the cc abilities of cw does for a much better synergy.

There is alot of testing before we go live and we see how things turn out but i cant see that hr abilities will be anything game breaking as it is now.
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Yes and no.

1-1 Hr is a beast to take down due to what you write above but 1-2 they are weaker then before.
    Myself i think its a good change as pvp is a group mechanic and nm how good you are 1-1 as long as you go down 1-2 the balance between classes comes in.

Some classes will exel toward others like paper and rock but the new gf buffs with cws control makes a for a hole new combat mechanic.
    I have np facing off most gfs in 1-1but big trubble against cw and together they take me out in seconds as am locked down and they do more dam then i can ever hope to heal.

As a matter of fact in match I go as far to say that in a premade there is no room for either hr or tr as the group buffs from gf with the cc abilities of cw does for a much better synergy.

There is alot of testing before we go live and we see how things turn out but i cant see that hr abilities will be anything game breaking as it is now.

they are now the best node holders hands down even more so since the set bonus is baked into the class itself you are going to need at least 2 people always to clear a node of an HR and now that assailing force is getting toned down why can't wild medicine it's over the top with 40% deflect only class capable of bursting through that is a CW and still in a 1v1 i think the HR would win something is wrong when your forced to have half of your team come and clear a node from 1 ranger these are rangers btw not Guardians or GWF the survivability is just insane anyone with plague fire enchantment will never even put a dent in any rangers hp

the whole problem before was the set bonus they fixed the set but they just moved the bonus into the class this feat should have a ICD look at all the videos posted most classes cant out dmg the healing.

pvp point of view for all class this one skill makes hunter rangers near invincible, and that in itself something is wrong.in a premade setting the GF and DC will most likeley not swap from point 2 to go clear the unkillable 1v1 hr that leaves 1 floater teamate to go back up whoever is contesting and you better hope they dont use plaguefire and that it's a CW
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    they are now the best node holders hands down even more so since the set bonus is baked into the class itself you are going to need at least 2 people always to clear a node of an HR and now that assailing force is getting toned down why can't wild medicine it's over the top with 40% deflect only class capable of bursting through that is a CW and still in a 1v1 i think the HR would win something is wrong when your forced to have half of your team come and clear a node from 1 ranger these are rangers btw not Guardians or GWF the survivability is just insane anyone with plague fire enchantment will never even put a dent in any rangers hp.

the whole problem before was the set bonus they fixed the set but they just moved the bonus into the class this feat should have a ICD look at all the videos posted most classes cant out dmg the healing.

Again yes and no :-).

Hr can be the best node holder I havent fought a perma tr with bile on test yet and I have to see against a cw after changes.
    I also have my daubts about gfs as I think with right build they still can be able to burst a hr down.

BUT in forms of building a team premade the synergy between group buffs and certain classes is still better without a hr as I see it right now.

Pugs are pugs and I think you will find yourself extreamly good as hr in some games and pretty bad in others depending on the set up in teams.
    Do i still think Hr will do good in pugs the simple answer is yes but only if you sacrifice pve totally whish other classes mostly dont have to (tr exepted ofc).

We also have a joker incomming in form of SW whom with full pvp gear/boons is yet still to be evaluated ....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    if the TR is using bile he will never be able to dent your HP the procs from bile will get deflected and trigger wilds medicine every few seconds see the problem here any dots will heal you more than harm you and it's in the mechanic of the feat thats broken like i said doesnt matter what damage or how much gets deflected 2 dmg will give you the full heal bonus thats why dots should not proc wilds medicine it's just a horrible skill to allow in pvp most pvp specced HR's will never lose any 1v1's while contesting because of this one skill most classes wont have a chance save for CW

and if by some miracle a non CW player manages to get you to half health BOOM forest meditation back to full hp especially if you pop it while plague or bile or any dot is still ticking on you.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    if the TR is using bile he will never be able to dent your HP the procs from bile will get deflected and trigger wilds medicine every few seconds see the problem here any dots will heal you more than harm you and it's in the mechanic of the feat thats broken like i said doesnt matter what damage or how much gets deflected 2 dmg will give you the full heal bonus thats why dots should not proc wilds medicine it's just a horrible skill to allow in pvp most pvp specced HR's will never lose any 1v1's while contesting because of this one skill most classes wont have a chance save for CW

Maby its true but as I said we dont know about SW yet seen some horrible results from them so far with no pvp gear and almost no boons. If cw can outmatch Hr 1-1 what use is it to bring one as cw can outmatch gf gwf easy as it is.

If Hr exel in 1-1 but are worse then other classes in 2-1 or 2-2 I think most can live with it but if Hr can face off several at same time as it is on live now thats far worse imho.

I am sure alot of changes will be done before module 4 comes out but all feedback based on actual testing is valuable...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    this is from testing experience in pvp on test granted more can be done but right now on test in most situations wilds medicine with the new lone wolf is making it like how it is on live

and the problem isnt lone wolf it's in the mechanics of how wilds medicine works especially since it has no cooldown after 10 stacks with any dot it's right back up again in a matter or seconds theres no gap when the healing stops proccing

Nop but is a fine balance you have to walk here. Meele is pure pvp and is useless in pve so is trapper both in pvp and pve (we see how changes goes). Hr has no cc that is worth its name(exept maby bullcharge but that is pure 1-1 vs caster use) and no anti cc if you take away the healing or make it worse you will make the Hr class with one option only and that is Archer in pve.

My reasons above when it comes to syngery and class balance still stands as it is now but we see with further testing its not over yet...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nop but is a fine balance you have to walk here. Meele is pure pvp and is useless in pve so is trapper both in pvp and pve (we see how changes goes). Hr has no cc that is worth its name(exept maby bullcharge but that is pure 1-1 vs caster use) and no anti cc if you take away the healing or make it worse you will make the Hr class with one option only and that is Archer in pve.

My reasons above when it comes to syngery and class balance still stands as it is now but we see with further testing its not over yet...

how about binding arrow easy to get off bullcharge thronward is always a must hindering shot hindering strike all of these used in conjuction are deadly

the problem is oakskin plus wilds medicine plus lone wolf is overkill on healing
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    how about binding arrow easy to get off bullcharge thronward is always a must hindering shot hindering strike all of these used in conjuction are deadly

Binding arrow - useless cc- bullcharge- have to sacrifice thorn to slott only good against casters 1-1. hindering shot/strike usless cc again.

Oakskin + wild medicine as mentioned earlier very good 1-1 but still worse 1-2 that was in live right now.

If you stare yourself blind on 1-1 meele hr can be a pain for a gwf not so much for a gf or cw but again we see next couple of patches.
  • Options
    gilbertojhungilbertojhun Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey all, we are making a handful more changes to give Archery a little more PVE oomph without affecting PVP and better solidify Trapper as a Hybrid Control/Damage tree who is flexible. That and an icon fix. Yay!

Hunter Ranger: Predator: This effect now grants 40% increased damage but this effect is halved on players.
    Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots down deal 100/200/300/400/500% of your weapon damage over their duration (up from 50/100/150/200/250%).
    Hunter Ranger: Biting Snares: Biting snares now also increases your Control Durations by 30% while active.
    Hunter Ranger: Shift: Your shift power now shows the correct icon in the power window.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

OMG that's the best thing you could do for the game. Change how feats and powers work on PVE and PVP is the way to balance this game.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Binding arrow - useless cc- bullcharge- have to sacrifice thorn to slott only good against casters 1-1. hindering shot/strike usless cc again.

Oakskin + wild medicine as mentioned earlier very good 1-1 but still worse 1-2 that was in live right now.

If you stare yourself blind on 1-1 meele hr can be a pain for a gwf not so much for a gf or cw but again we see next couple of patches.
    hunter range and dc combo? everyone class should have a decent chance of winning every class in 1v1. that is what you call pvp balance. deflection and heals make it hard for a gf to kill hr. Assailant force is being nerfed so cw probably wont be able to win a hr. warlocks just heal hrs.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Hey all, we are making a handful more changes to give Archery a little more PVE oomph without affecting PVP and better solidify Trapper as a Hybrid Control/Damage tree who is flexible. That and an icon fix. Yay!

Hunter Ranger: Predator: This effect now grants 40% increased damage but this effect is halved on players.
    Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots down deal 100/200/300/400/500% of your weapon damage over their duration (up from 50/100/150/200/250%).
    Hunter Ranger: Biting Snares: Biting snares now also increases your Control Durations by 30% while active.
    Hunter Ranger: Shift: Your shift power now shows the correct icon in the power window.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

Huzzah still a chance HR will be wanted for a group for the first time in the classes history.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dheffernan wrote: »
    On live I use Fox/Hindering/Ambush (w. Advanced Stalking), with Ghost and Disrupting for dailies and Hunters/Split for at-will. I swap out Hindering for Constricting and Split Shot for Aimed Shot in PvP. I don't like either Thorn Ward or Rain of Arrows; they're too easily avoided (esp. Rain in PvE; I only use it in boss fights where I can be reasonably sure of a relatively stationary target). If what's on PTS goes live I don' t see my power lineup changing much, but I will change from Archery to Trapper. I would probably stop using Constricting in PvP because with the loss of the stun Hindering seems like a better deal; it's got roots on both sides. Constricting's melee side has no root or other control/debuff and Binding has a dubious buff on the melee side. (With the removal of the Nature tree all of the buff powers seem questionable to me now, frankly.)

Rain of Arrows is by far the main part of my DPS. Parsing dungeon runs with ACT it easily makes 40-50% of the overall damage.
    I usually draw aggro and place it right in front of me. I then eat quite some damage from mobs but with Correcting Aim and Cruel Recover I can usually stay up. Without Rain DPS goes down sensibly unless my party is reallay able to keep all mobs away from me and I can spam Aimed Shot with Ambush. With the new GF in Mod4 this may change as it seems to draw more aggro (at least that´s my feeling after a few DGs).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    everyone class should have a decent chance of winning every class in 1v1. that is what you call pvp balance. deflection and heals make it hard for a gf to kill hr.

And thats ur pitfall, Godmode! This is just a wrong assumption. Theres a reason why no duel function is implemented, after over a year. Its team play game.

Example: a DC will NEVER win a 1v1. The best thing he can hope for is a stall. Now u wanna tell us we have to balance the DC in a way so he can win a 1vs1 against EVERY class? Thats nonsense and u cant be actually believing that urself.

There will be always classes that excel in 1vs1 and that currently the HR, there will be classes that excel in 1vs2 like the perma TR, there are classes that are super efficient in 2vs2 situations, like DC/GF+1.

With the nerf of all our CC the only thing we can provide as a HR is our ability to win 1vs1, because lets behonest here, with removal of nature path, we give super low group buff and ZERO cc to help for example in mid node figt. As a HR I can only stand there and watch my teamates die. With combat path we dont even have great burst, just great DoTs which dont help very much in group fights because with DoTs u cant focus and burst someone down fast enough.

I am ok with that because tere are other classes that fills in the role of support and cc or great burst.

Godmode, let go of ur ego trip in these forums against HRs, a tank will propably never kill an HR as a DC will never kill any class. But for that the GF and DC have astonishing group utility.

THAT I CALL BALANCE!
    Not some silly balance around isolated 1vs1.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe start using not DoT enchantments? Especially because the mandness boon isnt bugged anymore.
    Hit a combat HR only with ur encounter and daily powers and only with at-wills when he is prone (prone = no deflect) and he doesnt heal that much.
    HRs dont have forest meditation anymore (its a bad power now) so eventually, the HRcam be brought down by burst, but not by dots.
    Trying to kill a combat deflect HR with DoTs and low dmg = Fail!

so your saying i have to suffer because of a broken skill good logic there
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    this is from testing experience in pvp on test granted more can be done but right now on test in most situations wilds medicine with the new lone wolf is making it like how it is on live

and the problem isnt lone wolf it's in the mechanics of how wilds medicine works especially since it has no cooldown after 10 stacks with any dot it's right back up again in a matter or seconds theres no gap when the healing stops proccing

Replace DOT enchants with a burst damage enchat like Terror and alot of your problems are solved
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    so your saying i have to suffer because of a broken skill good logic there

No, you´re gonna suffer because you use the wrong technique to fight an HR. It´s like using CC stuff on an Unstoppable GWF on current live. Doesn´t work and will get you killed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No, you´re gonna suffer because you use the wrong technique to fight an HR. It´s like using CC stuff on an Unstoppable GWF on current live. Doesn´t work and will get you killed.

wrong technique lol dude im talking about dots and weapon enchants getting deflected at most plague fire hits for maybe 30 dmg a tick well guess what it ticks alot and each one that is deflected procs wilds medicine so your implying that because of a broken feat this weapon enchant is not viable vs hr's or how about bilethorn not viable anymore or hey lets look at the new SW class mostly a DoT class guess rangers will pew pew them too the problem lies in the mechanic same way with how the current combatants set plays on live and if you deny that your thick headed it's not about technique pfft nice sidestep it's about a broken skill that can cap at 10 stacks every few seconds it's no diffrent than how the combatants set functions now on live so don't give me "it's in the technique brah" cause thats just BS

and it's not just about weapon enchants either any class that uses any DoT's will proc this every few seconds GWF bleeds CW's enfeeblent cone of cold ect SW's DoT's see what im getting at it has nothing to do with technique.

so because of this your suggesting everyone get terror or go home nice way to be
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    This new Predator is another nerf of 5% damage (20% vs 25%) in PvP for Archery (and Archery is already very week in PvP)... HR in global need more survival in all trees, both in PvE and PvP.. my suggestion:

put wild medicine as class feature: 4/5% x 10 stacks heal in PvE and 2/2.5% (halved) in PvP , replace the moved wild medicine in the combat tree with increase DR with same mechanism of Aspect of Lone Wolf (2% increase DR for each enemy in the radius with a max of 10%)

Personally, I don't think Predator needs the nerf in PVP. You have to hit someone with a range encounter first for it to be applied, and the only real burst threat is Aimed Shot, which only works if you catch someone off guard really.

I'm not really looking forward to playing a melee HR that applies tons of dot and absorbs lots of damage, but it seems to be the only way to make us viable in PVP unless they gave us a CC-break (hint: Marauder's should break CC).

It would be really cool if we could be a dps threat with archery or a node-contesting threat with combat, or something in between in trapper.

But I guess I'll be happy if we can just be viable in PVP and PVE in some way in at least one spec for each, and it seems like we might with all the changes.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    wrong technique lol dude im talking about dots and weapon enchants getting deflected at most plague fire hits for maybe 30 dmg a tick well guess what it ticks alot and each one that is deflected procs wilds medicine so your implying that because of a broken feat this weapon enchant is not viable vs hr's or how about bilethorn not viable anymore or hey lets look at the new SW class mostly a DoT class guess rangers will pew pew them too the problem lies in the mechanic same way with how the current combatants set plays on live and if you deny that your thick headed it's not about technique pfft nice sidestep it's about a broken skill that can cap at 10 stacks every few seconds it's no diffrent than how the combatants set functions now on live so don't give me "it's in the technique brah" cause thats just BS

and it's not just about weapon enchants either any class that uses any DoT's will proc this every few seconds GWF bleeds CW's enfeeblent cone of cold ect SW's DoT's see what im getting at it has nothing to do with technique.

so because of this your suggesting everyone get terror or go home nice way to be

No, you can still kill them with burst damage. You can't with small dots. Adjust your technique and you'll do fine.
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    uff... dont need all those tests... the numbers are on the paper... but there are good new, no more boring PVE and no more boring PvP with NW ;)
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Just my opinions.

I would like to see Constricting Arrow reverted to its former glory. Not much reason to use it now because it no longer stands out. Its just a slightly improved hindering shot/strike and hindering does more damage. The roots since nerfed arent that effective at all. So we have 2 of the same power. And you will see everyone just move to Boar's now.

Combat
    I dont see any real benefit to the lifesteal.

Id like to see a mix of old and new feats. Id also like to see the paragon feat switched between trapper and combat. Slasher's Speed seems better suited to combat and advanced Stalking seems more Trapper like.

T1
    Seeker
    Serpent Weave

T2
    Fluid Hunter - its better than it was.. but still could be better. Id rather see Elusive hunter return
    Slasher's Speed

T3
    Piercing Blade - I like this feat now with the buff.
    Scything Blades - move Wild Medicine to T4. Also increase the damage on this feat

T4
    Wilds Medicine
    Expert Skirmisher - Best feat imo. Specially for a combat spec, can help you out of tough spots

T5
    Blade Hurricane

I can say that i felt pretty squishy last night and was melted multiple times by a cw.

I will probably stay Pathfinder but would like to see the nerfs to Stormwarden lifted. Everyone is only going pathfinder. Need a reason for people to use the other path in pvp and pve. Stormstep unnerfed and maybe a bonus to fox shift in that paragon. Everyone is playing the same cookie cutter build and feats arent the only to change this.

Next is trapper testing.

you dont see any benefits to 20% lifesteal? when all you have to do is fox shift someone and you get about 15% of your health back?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    you dont see any benefits to 20% lifesteal? when all you have to do is fox shift someone and you get about 15% of your health back?

isuuck2 you really need check things up so you dont write this stupid noncense of yours. And bro let go of your Hr issues you got bigger problems inc in pvp then any Hr can ever give you.

Life steal have healing dep so lets do some numbers shall we Dear Isuuck2.

I have 39k but lets say 36 as most land there around 15 % of 36khp would land about 5.5k hp back in one fox that means the fox need to do 11k after mitigation+tenacity in raw dam on opponent .
    You are so far out with your numbers and suggestions about the Hr class that its really not any use for you to write anything more before you learn to check facts or have actual parced testing to back up what you trying to say.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2 you really need check things up so you dont write this stupid noncense of yours. And bro let go of your Hr issues you got bigger problems inc in pvp then any Hr can ever give you.

Life steal have healing dep so lets do some numbers shall we Dear Isuuck2.

I have 39k but lets say 36 as most land there around 15 % of 36khp would land about 5.5k hp back in one fox that means the fox need to do 11k after mitigation+tenacity in raw dam on opponent .
    You are so far out with your numbers and suggestions about the Hr class that its really not any use for you to write anything more before you learn to check facts or have actual parced testing to back up what you trying to say.

Just disregard him, I think at this point, even the Devs no longer take him serious, together with a few others, like a certain lip ripping GF who liked to write his daily tale of 'This is how a HR killed me today because I turned the GF into a Glasscannon wannabe DPS'.
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    Archery: yeah high damage means good for pve, but for pvp its just really bad, could be good for lashing pugs but against good players is pretty much useless since it has no cc. If the sniper mode is behind the idea of archery then ambush has to be longer with better moving speed and shorter cooldown. There is no way and archery spec HR can hold node in pvp, no way even against DC or protector GF.

Combat: melee is my fav path in general. Its good overall, very well balanced except 1 thing, there is no way u can restore ur stamina, and melee HR really needs stamina. Id like that those 2 life steal feats in combat tree get swaped for a movement/stamina feats. Life steal is not needed, wild medicine offers enough healing.

Trapper: Dont like it, but its not bad for pvp(not good either), roots dont last long against players, useless for pve i gues but i must say i didnt have the oportunity to test it. I think Naturalist was a better path.

SUM: its gona be same as before, combat for pvp, archery for pve :S
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    marko531 wrote: »
    Combat: melee is my fav path in general. Its good overall, very well balanced except 1 thing, there is no way u can restore ur stamina, and melee HR really needs stamina. Id like that those 2 life steal feats in combat tree get swaped for a movement/stamina feats. Life steal is not needed, wild medicine offers enough healing.
    SUM: its gona be same as before, combat for pvp, archery for pve :S

For Stamina recharge, spec into the Heroic Feat 'Swift Footwork', and put Constricting Arrow/Steel Breeze onto your bar. Steel Breeze provides an AoE swipe with partial Stamina Refill.

Need for Life Steal depends on the Character, a PvP Geared HR might not need it, due to Regen and WM having a higher HP number to depend on, a 25k HP HR in PvE gear however, with low CON, will be dropping off in HP with only Medicine, and needs to either occasionally pot, or keep attacking to let the LS roll. If you want to take an Axe to Lifesteal, it should be on the T1 Feat (It isn't exclusive to 'Melee Stance' only, if I remember right), the other Feat is also only active when you keep slashing, and drops off fast.

However, Combat might work out in PvE, too. I did not see a 'Maximum number of targets' in the '5% more Damage per Enemy inside of 25' ' Feat, so in the Addtastic AoEfest that PvE is usually, the 'white' damage that a Combat HR deals, in AoE especially, might significantly outperform the AoE Damage boosts of Archery.
    Predator/Prey only applies to 1 Target, so against a group of enemies, the Archer only does 30% more Damage (+12% when Stormwarden with Twinblade Storm). Once more than 6 enemies are inside the 25' Radius around the HR (aka 50' Diameter), the Combat HR is even at 6, and surpassing the Archer at 7 Targets.
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Hello Dev's, we are doing our best to communicate with both opinion and true testing that this rework is more than likley going to make the encounter redundant for most specs. Please keep in mind that good feedback can only work when both parties address each other. Is your decision on this change final? Are you willing to rework other encounters to give back some control utility? Are you open to ideas for a rework?

If the above change is final and if you are willing to rework another encounter I would like to suggest this one. This change would make this skill utility only.

Rank 1:
    Range: You break free from control effects and dash backwards 50 feet, escaping your enemies.
    Melee: Rush your target (no damage), slowing them by 10% for 1 seconds.

Rank 2:
    Range: + Action Point Bonus + 50%
    Melee: + 1 Sec

Rank 3:
    Range: + Action Point Bonus + 50%
    Melee: + 1 Sec

If you are willing to rework the change to Constricting Arrow.

Range: Fire and arrow at your target causing vines to constrict around them for 3 seconds.

Rank 2:
    Range: + 1 Sec stun

Rank 3:
    Range + 1 Sec stun