Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Posting in this because I don't wanna derail the official feedback. Is careful attacks + plague fire still as powerful? I'm talking about where each one procs the other for an extended period of time
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Posting in this because I don't wanna derail the official feedback. Is careful attacks + plague fire still as powerful? I'm talking about where each one procs the other for an extended period of time

If by that you mean does plaguefire still proc a couple ticks of careful attack then yes.

It never enters a cycle of proccing eachother because once plaguefire reaches 3 stacks, it drops off. Then there's nothing to proc careful attack and continue the cycle.
    I don't normally dis but this post makes it very hard not to. If you, as a CW, are letting a HR kill you within SIX seconds using only at-wills then you should not be playing pvp. No class should be dying to a HR who is using purely at-wills unless you're allowing them to freely cast Aimed Shot, in which case you deserve to die for letting them get it off.

It seems to me that the devs are listening to all the wrong people when it comes to feedback and not the ones who know what they are talking about and play HR as their main class.

People either don't know wtf they're talking about or they're just exaggerating. I wish my HR was running around with 16 dodges, stacking 5 thorn wards, etc.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wish my HR was running around with 16 dodges

Well, I trolled a CW once using Slashers Mark + Careful Attack on him and just shift spammed around. I filled 50% of AP gauge via shifting and Careful Attack hits during that time :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    To show what is now on preview as a combat HR and how much Wild Medicine is nerfed.
    Healed log -party of trolls with Fell troll in lead. Near entrance

N88gZdP.png

Damage done.

A9DCQzyK.png

Currently Ive ~400 in lifesteal. That gives me 8.5% total as heal points recovered from damage.

You can see that WM is too weak to keep me alive alone. - Ive like 1800 Regen plus 300 from batleborn. Around 45% deflect rate max now.

So you have 1.8K regen and your WM is 2.6 that?, that's a lot, according to ACT my shield (I'm a GF) is like 1x time my regen (and I have 1.5K on it), but you heal 3.6x times what you could get with 1.8K on regen, with only WN and regen, and then you could use Oak Skin, Forest Meditation, etc...

EDIT:

Oh, but nvm, you did that test in a small mob, I would like too see it on PvP or/and Dungeons, however is obvious HR outheal any class.
  • Options
    tckbloodlinetckbloodline Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm always lol'ing because it feels like while all mmorpgs are mostly concern on contents, here we are always concerning in class nerfs and buffs lol indeed. Is it fun actually? I'm just enjoying the game despite the millions of changes that is happening.
  • Options
    dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    The only thing that bugs me is this: will the HR, in PVP, be able to help the party contest node 2? Or the combat "melee" ranger will stay ranged due to squishiness? Will the enemy run after every single archer ranger for the free kill? That's what's gonna happen. WM exists 'cause combat needs it to stay alive. And it needs to be good.

Lucky were the TRs, that didn't get a topic for nerf-nerf posts by GWFs/GFs.

If WD goes live like this, at least the devs should give us 75% deflect severity. Now we are close to TRs without stealth and Impossible to catch.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    HRs have been asking for CC and/or CC break and/or CC immunity for weeks now to no avail. Wouldn't it be nice for Gentlemancrush to make a brief appearance to explain why the devs feel after countless pleas/requests why HRs should be the only class in NW not to be given any of these things? Futile I know But I can dream...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    bensupremacybensupremacy Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry guys, today some people in game were saying that with mod 4 the profound set will be nerfed. but is it true? because I have not read anything anywhere.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry guys, today some people in game were saying that with mod 4 the profound set will be nerfed. but is it true? because I have not read anything anywhere.

It is nefred with ICD. read official thread.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a question, I haven't really tried HR with the new changes, is it viable to make a mostly melee PVE build?
    Considering TRs will basically suck till the next module (at least), I've wondered if I could play a rogue-like HR using mostly melee attacks.
    I have no idea if it's possible though.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    bensupremacybensupremacy Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is nefred with ICD. read official thread.

wait, you're saying that the profound set nerf was made with Ice Wind?

I mean the nerf buff that regards the deflected when you have 4/4 of set.

I played on preview today and it didn't seem nerfed ..

Honestly, I'm not understanding anything:confused:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    wait, you're saying that the profound set nerf was made with Ice Wind?

I mean the nerf buff that regards the deflected when you have 4/4 of set.

I played on preview today and it didn't seem nerfed ..

Honestly, I'm not understanding anything:confused:

Internal Cool Down for heal of deflect
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Internal Cool Down for heal of deflect

Ah ok.. now I see...
    It's not good :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ah ok.. now I see...
    It's not good :(

Well why do think most of HR say that better have no change then this?

Looks extermly raw and unbanced changes. Like if devs did not tested or listen to other people at all. Funny part is that most of the nerfs are explainable by cry of other classes about HR. Like HR are pvp kings. And HR are useless in terms of pve part. But not good substitition was applied to us. Most of HR agreed to get rid of WM and heal on deflect in its current state. But no substitition was put in place for this.

The only change I agreee with was AofLF - expained by Crush. But other are tomb on HR grave as class.

As result - we are where we are. Even more pvp kings - except for CW at pvp - and no accual pve team use.