test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
I'm impressed.. So many feats are getting reworked. I do hope this kind of change will also be done on cleric feats which feats are considered by many as 'trap' feat
That is also why 2 of the Devoted Cleric Heroic Feats are never picked.

Uh.. There are actually at least 4 of devoted Cleric's Heroic feat that are never picked, mainly due to how bad they are..

Healing Action - Is quite an insignificant boost to AP gain
Domain Synergy - Only a small boost to rating, which is even smaller to performance like 0.5%-0.7% recharge speed increase boost for 5 points of feat!
Initiate of the Faith - again, laughable boost to Crit rating for 5 points of feat
Templar's domain - Now this is tricky, because the 5 minutes internal cooldown isnt even mentioned in the tooltip. 5 sec on each proc every 5 minutes? Uptime is bizzare to even consider taking... biggest trap feat ever

Not to mention battlewise, but everyone already knows that..
Also, dont get me started on the junk paragon feats..
Post edited by godhric on

Comments

• Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That is precisely how it functions. Each stack ticks every 3 seconds (but they all work the same way) so in your case each deflect you get would grant 116 HP/S for 15 seconds. While it is in theory possible for this to stack up very rapidly if incoming hits are very rapid, you are also likely to die if that pace is kept up. This will help them eat more sustained damage without impacting burst damage in any really immediate way.

I wonder if a bilethorn flurry would heal HR to full with how this functions.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok I'll ask because nobody else has. Since our feats are going to disappear do we get a respec or are we stuck with whatever pattern happened to be on our character sheet?
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Trapper replaces the Nature feats. You will get a forced respec in all likelihood
  • Options
    kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Trapper replaces the Nature feats. You will get a forced respec in all likelihood
    Absolutely! Just like with module 3.....
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I don't need one second of testing to know that this without ICD will make HRs immortal.

I'll provide a video shortly to show what you are referring to :).
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    HR vs 4x CW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUVjGUtTIM

It was pretty funny to watch it happen.

I guess you can still time four Ice Knives and hope for the one-shot.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    kevinc55 wrote: »
    Absolutely! Just like with module 3.....

Lol.
    Just lol.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nem3ziss wrote: »
    i managed to bring my friend HR to 65 stacks of medicine. He was just standing, eating my df's and healing for more then i could damage him... on lurkers assault :D I switched to pvorp to not give him a chance to deflect as much... nah, just gave him 15 stacks, immortal. This is a feedback: if this hits live then welcome 5hr party. you fixed set and give them feat much more powerfull then this set pre fix and pre healing depression combined. ICD or cap at 5 stacks will be good solution.

They just planned to nerf the HR sets and they cook up this feat, forgetting about the original issue? No wonder they ruin classes, no clue what they're doing without a doubt.

Facepalm
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014

LOL, maybe wild medicine should be called God's medicine.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUVjGUtTIM

omg please fix wild medicine, you cannot allow it to stack and have no internal cool down. DONT **** THIS UP!! Deflection has no offensive stat/skill or weapon enchantment that counters deflection. That reduces your chance to get deflected or reduces their chance to deflect. Hr need a nerf not a buff. Please don't ruin this good game. I have exp hr in preview already and this is fact. they do not need any buffs. none. And now you give them more buffs.

Yeah they do this to HR and yet they put a 90 second ICD on CW's only good class feature, just goes to show how much they actually know about what people are playing (and how much they know about how to "tone down" something)...

Every time they say they are gonna "tone down" something they just slap a 1 or 2 minute internal cooldown on it and call it a day... No, you might as well just remove it from the game at that rate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2014

omg, i have to get on preview to try this out before they fix it. This looks so wondefully broken. XD
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You know that this was a worst case scenario? Ray of Frost does little damage per hits with lots of hits per second. It the CWs used Plaguefire or Bilethorn enchants they'd generated even more low damaging hits. All those hits may trigger Wild Medicine.

Please try again with a more realistic scenario where the CWs would use encounters. Also try against a GWF using his encounter routine. I bet the results would be very different.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You know that this was a worst case scenario? Ray of Frost does little damage per hits with lots of hits per second. It the CWs used Plaguefire or Bilethorn enchants they'd generated even more low damaging hits. All those hits may trigger Wild Medicine.

Please try again with a more realistic scenario where the CWs would use encounters. Also try against a GWF using his encounter routine. I bet the results would be very different.

I know its the extreme, but the only reason I recorded it was literally because someone asked if anyone could (they did 3x CW before this). I also did a video of 1v1 between CW and HR (essentially same result, but the HR didn't die due to lack of burst to outheal the ray of frost) because I wanted to record the perma freezing that they can do. (Edit: In that 1v1, the HR reach over 30 stacks from that single CW, you don't think that is a bit silly?) @harnel is saying that on their tests they did 2v1 and 3v1 against a HR and they were still doing great (ask him/her to elaborate on it). As it stands, the current melee HR is the new GWF and people will be crying for HR nerfs if it goes live like this, deal with it. I tried to fight a HR (both combat and archery) on my GWF and I could semi-outdamage the combat's healing, but died in under 10 seconds due to the unstoppable nerf before I could even do any decent damage (my toon is a Destroyer). The archery literally killed me before their rotation finished.

As for other classes, the ONLY classes that were around me were GF, HR, CW (mainly these 3) which only the other HR had any chance of killing a combat HR. There were a few random GWF who wandered off after a while, 1 DC for a short while, and a few TR who I didn't really watch fight because I find observing perma stealth fights boring. I didn't enter preview to specifically test HR healing (or anything really outside of GWF changes since that is my current main) or organize anything, I just wandered around alone and saw CW perma freezing ability and the massive healing ability of HR.

Random thing: Destroyer vs Sentinel = dead Destroyer for the most part unless they can 1 cycle.

Edit: What is the CW supposed to do otherwise? Get massacred by the HR or keep him under as much CC as possible, even if it means healing them?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please guys every time the same thing:
    this is not a bar conversation.
    Here people that:
    1) play an HR
    2) Do the testing on preview
    are allowed to report:
    1) BUGs
    2) commenting about changes that "change" indeed the feeling of the class.

Stop.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    despi wrote: »
    Im sorry to say this but HR archer tree now is way overpowered in my opinion. Ive got like 70% crit rate and and like 70% bonus dmg + 2 roots. With constricing arrow i killed weak mob in dread ring 1 shot.Like every second attack critical.There are some bugs with layout too and big lag spikes.Everyone stay for 4 seconds in one place and get hit with criticals all the time. **** i like it :D
    Traper with that dmg overtime might be good not so powerfull. Havent tested combat yet. Till that time.

HR is a dps class. You should be able to kill mobs in dread ring in 1 or 2 shots. Try a CW they do it all day long.

If HR is going to compete with CW dps in dungeons we have to at least do as good as them if not better since they have high caps on targets and we have few AOE abilities.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    i am crying about this because i play end game pvp and i have experience at a lot of hunter rangers right now. If this new patch makes them stronger because it does, mind you i have always had an easy time with hunter ranger until their insane healing spec was introduced in tenacity patch. I went to the preview shard for the purpose of testing our wild medicine and it is far stronger or on pare with their current pvp set.
  • Options
    despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2014
    HR is a dps class. You should be able to kill mobs in dread ring in 1 or 2 shots. Try a CW they do it all day long.

If HR is going to compete with CW dps in dungeons we have to at least do as good as them if not better since they have high caps on targets and we have few AOE abilities.

Thats true hamletswords and i said i like it.But i just see now everyone complaing they are killed in pvp in few seconds and could do anything because of roots.Take it into consideriation that would be 5-40% critical severity more(since perfect vorapl is 25% right?) and you apply it every second attack or even twice in row.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Thats true hamletswords and i said i like it.But i just see now everyone complaing they are killed in pvp in few seconds and could do anything because of roots.Take it into consideriation that would be 5-40% critical severity more(since perfect vorapl is 25% right?) and you apply it every second attack or even twice in row.

Well an Archery specced HR in PVP should be pretty squishy. He won't have the set-bonus and he won't have wilds medicine.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I know its the extreme, but the only reason I recorded it was literally because someone asked if anyone could (they did 3x CW before this). I also did a video of 1v1 between CW and HR (essentially same result, but the HR didn't die due to lack of burst to outheal the ray of frost) because I wanted to record the perma freezing that they can do(Edit: In that 1v1, the HR reach over 30 stacks from that single CW, you don't think that is a bit silly?)

Wilds Medicine is WAI against ray of frost. It's meant to absorb sustained damage, and nothing in the game is faster-hitting lower-damage sustained damage than ray of frost.

As for getting 30 stacks, a HR today would get 30 heals from the set bonus (actually more since deflect chance is lowered 5% on the new combat tree), so on a 40k HR that would be 24k healing straight up, not over time.

Instant healing is better than healing over time, assuming of course your intention is to actually kill him, which isn't your intention in either of these videos.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well an Archery specced HR in PVP should be pretty squishy. He won't have the set-bonus and he won't have wilds medicine.
    Well you still have set bonus just lower defletion by 5% and life steal and no wilds medicine.But why you think he won't have set bonus?
    Set bonus depends on feats?You still can get combat gear and spec for archery.Anyway set bonus are same on all sets.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well you still have set bonus just lower defletion and life steal and no wilds medicine.But why you think would dont have set bonus?
    Set bonus depends on feats?You still can get combat gear and spec for archery.Anyway set bonus are same on all sets.

The set bonus is getting nerfed so it's going to be basically useless.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Exactly you should be similar to the CW damage wise AFTER the module goes live , Hr shouldn't be throwing out the same amount of damage as CW does now , after this goes live CW will not be doing anywhere near the same amount of damage as they do now , you can't expect to be balanced based on the ability of a class prenerf .
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Exactly you should be similar to the CW damage wise AFTER the module goes live , Hr shouldn't be throwing out the same amount of damage as CW does now , after this goes live CW will not be doing anywhere near the same amount of damage as they do now , you can't expect to be balanced based on the ability of a class prenerf .

I think ideally HR would do better damage than a CW. We don't have any control to speak of so we should do more dps.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well in storm warder control is limited to 3 diffrent roots and prone, split the sky says it slows. Pathfinder have those bear traps(stun) more and dont have slow.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Hamlet, if going by the wording, the 'new' Deflect feat in combat isn't 5% Deflect chance, but 5% of your Deflect rating. If that is the case, that feat is fcking useless, since it comes out at barely around a R5 or R6 Silvery in Defslot.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well in storm warder control is limited to 3 diffrent roots and prone, split the sky says it slows. Pathfinder have those bear traps(stun) more and dont have slow.

Yeah but it's not comparable to CW control even after the nerfs. It's mostly useless control for a dungeon.

And as far as people getting 1-shot by an aimed shot mentioned earlier in this thread, I just tried aimed shot archery specced on a GWF and HR and it did about the same amount of damage as it does now, critting for about 10k. Certainly nothing like 50k on a player let alone a GF.

I don't know what the situation was where an HR could get those kind of numbers on a player. It *might* be possible on a PVE-built HR with a power stacked iou-stone and a p.vorpal with like 20k HP and no tenacity, but that kind of HR is a non-factor in Domination because they'll die almost instantly, especially with the nerfed set bonus.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I dont see anythig lame in rooting all group of monsters and then finishing it with split shot.Or have time to trigger thorn ward.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    I wonder if a bilethorn flurry would heal HR to full with how this functions.

Testing against some rogues, wilds medicine healed most of the damage from a bilethorn flurry (much like the set-bonus does now). It didn't seem to heal more than the damage though.

Against a vorpal flurry it didn't heal very much at all and I died from 2 flurrys.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I dont see anythig lame in rooting all group of monsters and then finishing it with split shot.Or have time to trigger thorn ward.

I don't see how you would root a group of monsters except with binding arrow if they're in a line, which would never happen practically.

Compared to CW control it's just not useful control and never has been.

I like the direction the changes seem to provide- bring a CW for control and some Aoe damage and bring an HR for pure damage. Right now as it is on live there's no point to bringing an HR when a CW outdamages and outcontrols.