Comments

• Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feedback
    Combat all ok.
    Archery all ok.
    Trapper could use some love.

Combat ok pvp need love in pve(more oae or more cc or more group utility)
    Archery ok in pve need love in pvp(some cc anti cc and something for survivabilty, any 2)
    Trapper ok for soloing need love in pve group and pvp(more survivabilty anti cc or stronger cc, to low dam overall as it is).

Trapper path is perfect for those that want to have one set up where you actually use both range and meele to maximize the potential and could be used for both pve pvp if it wasent for its total lack of survivabilty and poor ccs in pvp.
    As for playing ranger Trapper path is what imho makes it a unique class with a unique playstyle but sadly with tenacity and all ccs cut in half or less and the lack of both healing and anti cc it is just plain simple unplayeble in pvp and to poor in pve due to lack of dps and group utilitys.

If you put wild medicine with 5 stacks so it could be used in Trapper path and some anti cc am pretty sure alot of those that picks full meele would be willing try it out even if was a bit less effective in pvp and archery in pve.
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Both archery and trapper paths lack survivability... trapper path is fun for solo, but that is all.
    Put wild medicine in all 3 paths or as class feature (maybe with 5 stacks and with a feat in combat path that add 1/2/3/4/5 more stacks).
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    Both archery and trapper paths lack survivability... trapper path is fun for solo, but that is all.
    Put wild medicine in all 3 paths or as class feature (maybe with 5 stacks and with a feat in combat path that add 1/2/3/4/5 more stacks).

Trapper and archery lack surviverabilitys cause you make it so all wild medicine dose is encourage you going in there and getting hit as many time as you can to get WM to kick off the kinda game-play WM encourages is not Proactive or reactive gameplay. if you honest to god thing trapper lack surviverabilitys same goes for archery i dont know what kinda pvpers we have in never winter because if you guys have any kind of common sense i know alot of people lack it cause it seems to be a goddamned superpower you know what you can and cannot handle in PvP
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Trapper and archery lack surviverabilitys cause you make it so all wild medicine dose is encourage you going in there and getting hit as many time as you can to get WM to kick off the kinda game-play WM encourages is not Proactive or reactive gameplay. if you honest to god thing trapper lack surviverabilitys same goes for archery i dont know what kinda pvpers we have in never winter because if you guys have any kind of common sense i know alot of people lack it cause it seems to be a goddamned superpower you know what you can and cannot handle in PvP

I wish i could agree with you, I want to agree with you but I cant :-(...

Thing is with no anti cc and no effective cc and with the nerf to defence (both healing and DR) you are dead once you get focused with no way of escaping ( yea I know forrest but that is a daily and wont help you much even if it can save you once in a while).

If you think skill is involved here feel free to come to preview with trapper or archer build and I show you exactly why you cant pvp with either of them atm....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    I wish i could agree with you, I want to agree with you but I cant :-(...

Thing is with no anti cc and no effective cc and with the nerf to defence (both healing and DR) you are dead once you get focused with no way of escaping ( yea I know forrest but that is a daily and wont help you much even if it can save you one in a while).

If you think skill is involved here feel free to come to preview with trapper or archer build and I show you exactly why you cant pvp with either of them atm....

I don't care if you agree or not play how you want to play if your a archer use common sense and take higher ground if your a trapper Run disruption pick off low health stragglers try and CC and Hinder foes i don't care what you do but use some ****ing common sense and strategy don't get caught in a situation were you can get focused .

What kinda strategy are u using as a archer are you gonna just stand down on the cap point out in the open on even ground as melee fighter are you if you have any kind of sense at all your not. Be aware of the field if there 4 players on the cap point you kill 2 and only 1 showed back up on the cap point to fight again chances the other guy is coming for you. listen your giving me all this bull on your dead once you get focuses only a moron would just sits there with tunnel vision will let himself get focused. God PvPers have field awareness know when to run and know what they can and cannot handle No its not just skill that involved its again common sense field awareness and knowing what you can and cannot handle imho i don't give a **** if every odd in the world is against me
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't care if you agree or not play how you want to play if your a archer use common sense and take higher ground if your a trapper Run disruption pick off low health stragglers try and CC and Hinder foes i don't care what you do but use some ****ing common sense and strategy don't get caught in a situation were you can get focused .

What kinda strategy are u using as a archer are you gonna just stand down on the cap point out in the open on even ground as melee fighter are you if you have any kind of sense at all your not. Be aware of the field if there 4 players on the cap point you kill 2 and only 1 showed back up on the cap point to fight again chances the other guy is coming for you. listen your giving me all this bull on your dead once you get focuses only a moron would just sits there with tunnel vision will let himself get focused. God PvPers have field awareness know when to run and know what they can and cannot handle No its not just skill that involved its again common sense field awareness and knowing what you can and cannot handle imho i don't give a **** if every odd in the world is against me

Well your reality isent mine. All you say sound fine and dandy but if you dont help capping and stand sniping from distance hoping not to get hit you are partly making your team loose and party in for a world of hurt.

One cc from a cw and your done with as you cant escape the cc chain that is going to kill you. One charge from a gf will with the following cc chain more or less kill you.

Pvp maps are not made out of stuff you can hide or kite around and no matter how much you talk about playing smart you dont do much running from rezz all the time.

I very much like to see you in a match i can arrange in preview with trapper or archer build and let me know how well you think it works after :-).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    FEEDBACK
    with the new race coming out that will give 5% incoming heal bonus and the last boon from the tyranny of dragons expansion. Hr will be able to get back their "lost" incoming heal bonus while not really sacrificing effectiveness in pvp. Because the artifacts that give incoming heal bonus give about 4% at rank 99. And when you have at a legendary it gives 4.5%. Hrs were giving 20% life steal which that would have had to sacrifice a lot if they wanted to ever get that. Now hrs will be able to get 23% + incoming heal bonus and 20% life steal feet. The way pvp hunters build their character they would not lose anything to be soo strong and overpowered because of all the healing they get and the fact that their dots hit so hard. Hrs are to strong atm and with the coming 10% incoming heal, the neverwinter nation will still cry for hr nerf in pvp and they would be right to do so.

Almost right we dont loose when i comes to healing compared to live we loose defence somewhat replaced with deflect as written earlier by crush we loose about 12Dr with new wolf.
    What we do loose is cc from constricing arrow and quite a bit dps from live where you could be archer with same healing and even meele has a bit less dps then live.

So all in all we will keep our ability to heal with less cc less dam and less survivabilty toward 1-2 all in all you should be rather happy as it is a nerf non the less...

PS when it comes to the healing from race/artifact it goes to all and hardly isolated to Hrs....
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Almost right we dont loose when i comes to healing compared to live we loose defence somewhat replaced with deflect as written earlier by crush we loose about 12Dr with new wolf.
    What we do loose is cc from constricing arrow and quite a bit dps from live where you could be archer with same healing and even meele has a bit less dps then live.

So all in all we will keep our ability to heal with less cc less dam and less survivabilty toward 1-2 all in all you should be rather happy as it is a nerf non the less...

PS when it comes to the healing from race/artifact it goes to all and hardly isolated to Hrs....
    yes you are right, but the dmg from combat is not weak. i am strictly talking about pvp
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    yes you are right, but the dmg from combat is not weak. i am strictly talking about pvp

Archery is even higher in Damage. And they have access to new LoneWolf, Legendary Heal Artifacts and so on, too. So does Trapper, who instead has longer Root durations and a nice little feature to punish those hiding in Unstoppable and ItC, by dealing extra Damage to them, instead of controlling. PS: The 'Punish Control Immune' is also a feature in the CW Oppressor Capstone Feat.
    So, take away Medicine from Combat, and give them what? Would you give them their own 'ItC' instead? I would ask you, really, what would YOU give the HR in exchange for a removed Feat? Something HAS to be put in there instead.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    Archery is even higher in Damage. And they have access to new LoneWolf, Legendary Heal Artifacts and so on, too. So does Trapper, who instead has longer Root durations and a nice little feature to punish those hiding in Unstoppable and ItC, by dealing extra Damage to them, instead of controlling. PS: The 'Punish Control Immune' is also a feature in the CW Oppressor Capstone Feat.
    So, take away Medicine from Combat, and give them what? Would you give them their own 'ItC' instead? I would ask you, really, what would YOU give the HR in exchange for a removed Feat? Something HAS to be put in there instead.
    The new Trapper tree for PvP plays just like a Combat ranger just with out WM you get the high deflection but they heavily focus on DoT applied by there roots sense grasping can tick for a pretty big number even more so if they crit this makes Aimed strike viable for trappers in pvp IMHO just use it during the fox shift animation and you good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    The new Trapper tree for PvP plays just like a Combat ranger just with out WM you get the high deflection but they heavily focus on DoT applied by there roots sense grasping can tick for a pretty big number even more so if they crit this makes Aimed strike viable for trappers in pvp IMHO just use it during the fox shift animation and you good.

Voltomey,
    i kinda agree with you. But you have to admit without healing bonus and not AofLF archer rangers will have a hard time. DoTs are good but doTs end when hunter is killed and with unstoppable and cw range bigger then archers trappers will die. Also trappers mechanic of switching may be not so good in pvp .

note : i play as combat hr a lot and I know what is dodge and how to use it. I had killed CW and GWF with 16k gs having hr with 12k gs. But with current bugs in it and not CC. if hunter is cced - he is close to death. If CC and/or pronned by player equal GS and with hands from correct place - you are done.

BTW your use of fox shift during animation is kinda weird. it takes more then one hit to make aimed strike. I read it with your interview but I still could not use it as "and you are good" skill. barkshield, tayan bastion and others help more.

one last thing - off topic - do you ever use commas, dots or anything else that separes 3 paragraphs of text into some common sence and not just mind flow. really impossible to read.

we still need some CC braker. even if it will be 50% change. Fox cunning is ok but usually does not work when you need it and can be easily removed by small fast atack. And with amount of damage we take - as combat - or amount of damage we can not take as trapper or archer - we need more relieble stuff.

Trapper - hindering shot is useless. constructive arrow totally dominates it.
    Combat - mellee is all we have. but its atwill combat - no usefull encounters. Fox is removed by first hit, Boars last 5 hits, All CC we had like constuctive or healling one - useless now.

I see that HRs do need love in encounters. It more like we have useless stuff just because we need to spend points.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Voltomey,
    i kinda agree with you. But you have to admit without healing bonus and not AofLF archer rangers will have a hard time. Dots are good but donts end when hunter is killed and with unstoppable and cw range bigger then archers trappers will die. Also trappers mechanic of switching may be not so good in pvp .

BTW your use of fox shift during animation is kinda weird. it takes more then one hit to make aimed strike. I read it with your interview but I still could not use it as "and you are good" skill. barkshield, tayan bastion and others help more.

one last thing - off topic - do you ever use commas, dots or anything else that separes 3 paragraphs of text into some common sence and not just mind flow. really impossible to read.

I use Aimed strike during fox shift animation to avoid its long cast time. Archers can use lone wolf but they will not have that much deflection like say combat rangers. Archers sustained rang dps Combat sustained melee dps Trappers DoT CC Support

On the subject of grammar i am Egyptian and I don't speak English and about 9 years ago i didn't even know how to write in English i learned most of my English from a guild i joined in GW1 and after bouncing from mmo to mmo i just gradually learned it over time. so when i type just know i try my best but i mite not get every thing write the first time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    On the subject of grammar i am Egyptian and I don't speak English and about 9 years ago i didn't even know how to write in English i learned most of my English from a guild i joined in GW1 and after bouncing from mmo to mmo i just gradually learned it over time. so when i type just know i try my best but i mite not get every thing write the first time

My respect for ya just grow and inch or two :-)...
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    Split the sky needs an internal cooldown, currently it can proc multiple times from a single hit, resulting in massive damage on players. i watched as a max geared pvp cw with shield on tab decimated in less than 10 seconds when attacking inside split the sky.

and on a node in pvp it will make it impossible to stand on because on top of thorn ward (which is the size of a node) split the sky is even larger then a node

also some of the new bleeds are stacking when it shouldnt. 1 careful attack procs it twice, the bleed then procs careful attack twice, and in return procs the bleed four times, and it keep stacking until the target insta dies from bleeds.

Giving it an internal cooldown will completely cripple it for PvE. Damage is very low already. And it doesn't proc multiple times from a single hit. It procs once for every hit, but if you use an area power and hit several targets then it will hit you back once for each target (very easy to see running Fardelver when Theurges summon fire circles under the fett of all Pcs in range).
    What probably crippled you was the fact that you were the Prey of an Archer and took extra damage while using area powers (I'm just guessing, let me know if I'm wrong). I guess the reason was not you using multi-hit powers, but that in principle could trigger StS once for each hit as well.
    Anyway in current PvP if you have a CW you just step out of the node, control the Archer to death and then go back on the node. It won't take long.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    but look. Assume you have 50% deflect chance - means that you need 2 or more attacks in 1 second to get it to 1 stack.

The way I see it, you can only gain 1 stack per second now. With alot of classes running DoT effects and such, say you DO have 2 hits per second. With 50% deflect so assume 1 of 2 hits each sec so you DO get 1 per sec:

@ 10 seconds you have 10 stacks,
    At second 11, you deflect AGAIN and stack 1 falls off with a NEW stack - again 10 stacks.

Say you dont deflect for 4 seconds, you STILL have 10 stacks up, and now at (total) second 16 - your back to 9 without deflecting...

So between seconds 10-15 if you deflect ONCE it replaces stack #1 with a fresh stack. Then again with Stack #2 if you deflect again.

Like I said it is definitely a nerf, its going to be harder to gain and keep stacks at max, but overall it wont be THAT big a nerf.

Id like to see it tested though before judging it.
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It's more like how rampaging works now in preview to me this a fair change before it was almost a 100% uptime
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's more like how rampaging works now in preview to me this a fair change before it was almost a 100% uptime
    To you any change of Hr that is a nerf is fair its not been tested we dont know if it fair anything you say bias non valid and pretty much bla bla bla tbh. Stay in a forum where you have some clue to what you are expressing yourself about..truly your oppinion here is less then useless....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    The way I see it, you can only gain 1 stack per second now. With alot of classes running DoT effects and such, say you DO have 2 hits per second. With 50% deflect so assume 1 of 2 hits each sec so you DO get 1 per sec:

@ 10 seconds you have 10 stacks,
    At second 11, you deflect AGAIN and stack 1 falls off with a NEW stack - again 10 stacks.

Say you dont deflect for 4 seconds, you STILL have 10 stacks up, and now at (total) second 16 - your back to 9 without deflecting...

So between seconds 10-15 if you deflect ONCE it replaces stack #1 with a fresh stack. Then again with Stack #2 if you deflect again.

Like I said it is definitely a nerf, its going to be harder to gain and keep stacks at max, but overall it wont be THAT big a nerf.

Id like to see it tested though before judging it.

Ok this is a thing to clarify - whether we get a new stack instead of old one or old one stays.
    But what is can see - you are wrong in a lot of classes have Dot every second. Wrong as hell! at least 1 second between tick. I can say that mostly because of gwf wining we got even this nerfred to useless state. It is better then nothing but it is still close to nothing as class - useless everywhere.

Im saying that you will hardly even hit 10 stacks. Of course, we need to test it. But now Hr are dead in a water. Even combat tree is killed by last changes. And by that I meen we can not rely on wild meds now and focus in damage specs - we will need to have some extra healing amoung 2.5%/5% over 15 seconds - i m pretty sure max stack of that will be around 3 in pvp, 5 in pve.

I wonder when or even if will devs look at real game- HR are not wanted in pve groups. We like TR are rare case. Our area was forced to be pvp. Cause this is only one area we are "allowed" to sucess.
    With new increased to gwf - over new " Base stun increased to 3 seconds" for GWF and shield for CW, new Warlock as damage ... I have no clue what to use HR for.
    Small range, No CC or No AntiCC, Broken Dodge, Nerfed WM, thank you wining gwf - btw why only GWF wine about it- had not seen any HR or CW or DC -we are ruinded as class.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Hr cant take full advantages from the new legendary weapons. Combat Hr take their damages from the secondary weapon which is not gonna be released with legendary status

LOL lets make combat melee only HR that can be " a risky frontline fighter "
    Yes - but they have a no CC ! no anti CC! Dodge is broken! they die like a paper - lets add them WM instead!
    No - WM is too much - lets nerf it!
    No - they still have healing on deflect from profound - ~ 50 glory > 50 days of figting - Add ICD anf nerf it!
    No - they still have archery using and one CC -does not fit in our logic on "only melee"! - nerf it!
    No - They still have too much mitigation from a far - nerf It!
    No - GWF wine about that HR can kill them and heal themself - add ICD - nerf it!
    No - they still live and some damage - lets Make their main melee weapon as non Legendary! -nerf damage too!

ok all not HRs happy?

PS I forgot about useless HR in pve. It funny how my HR 16+k GS is considered less priority then CW or GWF 13k gs for CN specifically. Sure why do you need a class that can not make as much damage as other classes and only use of it is damage?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hr cant take full advantages from the new legendary weapons. Combat Hr take their damages from the secondary weapon which is not gonna be released with legendary status

we still get the stats from the bow so its not all bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    we still get the stats from the bow so its not all bad
    we do got stats but we don't get the damage increase since we use melee in combat mostly.
    If you seen this thread before you will see how many talk was about low damage for combat HR. There were increases - true. But it is still low on current level of items. So with better legendary items it will still be low.
    Other point - why combat HR need to have a legendary bow if primary weapon is blades?
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Yeah good catch. Kind of sucks that everyone else is going to get a significant boost and HRs will only receive 1/2 as much of a boost (almost no boost if combat specc'ed).

Mod4 gets crappier by the day for HRs!
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah good catch. Kind of sucks that everyone else is going to get a significant boost and HRs will only receive 1/2 as much of a boost (almost no boost if combat specc'ed)

i didnt post for the catch, i would like a good solution for this problem if possible.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    i didnt post for the catch, i would like a good solution for this problem if possible.

For sake of balance - do other classes receive secondary weapons as legendary?
    TRs for sure will since they can use both equal items.

It does make sence that all classes will have both primary and secondary epics
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

TRs can't use mainhands with enchantment slots in the offhand.

The main problem is that HR melee abilities and feats don't use the mainhand dps stat at all in their calculations. They only use the offhand.

They must have forgotten about this when coming up with the new stuff.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Yeah the problem stands even for tr, they will get less advantages since their damages is splitted between 2 weapons. But as a tr and a hr i find the problem for hr more important and the solution a bit offensive. So they are basically telling me they want me to be archer no matter what.
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No other classes get a legendary secondary weapon so why should we?

However because this is a duel class we should be given the once off choice of legendary main hand or off hand but not both.

The off hand does not need the wep enchant slot anyway cause it procs with the main hands.

But on a side note I would love to see the mainhands enchant visuals linked with the off hands.
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    edited July 2014

However because this is a duel class we should be given the once off choice of legendary main hand or off hand but not both.

The off hand does not need the wep enchant slot anyway cause it procs with the main hands.

But on a side note I would love to see the mainhands enchant visuals linked with the off hands.
    This is basically what i am asking for.
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is basically what i am asking for.

Yes I love being a melee hr and would hate to lose that part of our class for more dps by being forced to play archer...

Maybe allow us to get the bow and blades ones but only allow us to equip one at a time.
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    edited July 2014

TRs can't use mainhands with enchantment slots in the offhand.

I agree with this - you can even have either legendary main hand with enchantment or legendary off hand with enchantment. Not both. We do need to have a chance to equip legendary off hand.

One small note after looking at other official feedback threads - most thread over 70 pages, our 41. GF, GWF, CW got almost all of there encounter reworked -both nerf and increase of power. we got - serpent, aofLF, construction nefred