What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know how a GWF loses to an HR, ceteris paribus. They're easily capable of chain-CCing me to death. I have taken them down from time to time but those wins were highly contingent on external factors.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    brzezin1brzezin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Many player have plague fire, terror,bronzewood and some skill making dr useless so deflect is the best thing in this game nobody can brake this . I think this is a big buff on this feat, i dont want to be a **** but just see what useles feats another class have compare this to the dc ...
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    but just see what useles feats another class have compare this to the dc ..
    Then your blind and dont add much to this thread- gf - tr - gwf go and learn to read mkay...
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Translation: "I just want to own every single class in PVP on my GWF. Right now I can't cause of those blasted HRs!"

Maybe you dont understand...
    edwin771 wrote: »
    This is the official feedback thread. Everything u say here should be based on test run on preview.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe you dont understand...
    b
    Ayroux this is how it works .. when gf are getting some SERIOUS buff now like 50% more dam to self and party 8 sec buff, able to give tons of defence etc( now am all for gf getting buffs i dont care of they own the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of all as with some balance they should for a couple of month at least all being fair because of their long time in the gutter) and even other gfs voice their oppinion about how powerful some things might be you still find a way to defend the buffs with all kinds of argument from its group buffs its not 100% uptime (even if it almost is) no consern what so ever that it can be to powerful and why just its ok etc etc

BUT as soon as any other classes(whish you dont even play) then gwf/gf gets anything simular to a buff (even if the change is a nerf from the original change like Lone Wolf going from 20% to 8.5 total) you find a way to voice your consern or find some reason to tell that its to powerful etc etc.

You are so bias in your oppionons (whish are not all over the forums in a never ending stream of pointles gibberish on not even tested changes) that anything like objectivity is long long gone.
    Its getting to the point that you not only make a fool out of yourself in other then gf and gwfs forums you soon will be considered a clown troll with nothing to add but to protect your precious gf and gwf writing about stuff in other classes forum that you dont even play ...

Unless you tested stuff and have hard facts to support your arguments i strongly suggest you stay in gwf,gf forum because right now your oppinions isent worth more then sand in Sahara.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Let's get back on topic. This is a thread for HR Discussions, not GF's or any other class. Also, the feedback and discussion threads are for actual preview server testing feedback. Not for assumptions, theories, or opinions which aren't based off of actual play-testing on the Preview Server. Keep Live-server topics for the non-preview forums please. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Following internal testing we are making another adjustment to Aspect of the Lone Wolf. While it was too good before when granting base Damage Resistance, it isn't good enough in the current incarnation. Therefore we are making the following change as well to give it a little more "baseline" survivability that synergizes with things Rangers can do. This will also be coupled with some minor feat changes to make more choices feel good lower in some of the trees.

Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Now also grants 5% deflect chance per rank at all times in addition to 2% per nearby foe.
    Fluid Hunter: Now grants .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 Deflect Chance (instead of 1/2/3/4/5% Deflect Rating).

These changes should hit this week barring anything going wrong.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

GJ! You are on the right way to make HR op. A 25% deflect passvies is incredibly overpowered. Start nerfing spells like Foxshift which hits for like 10k + no cooldown if ur too bad to land it + makes you immune while u spamm it. Or our beloved thorn ward which is undodgeable as melee and hits for 2k+/sec. Don't forget wilds medicine which heals u 2x more than 2000 reg. Whats also funny: you take the prones from GF and GWF but boar charge from HR stays as it is *clap*
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    GJ! You are on the right way to make HR op. A 25% deflect passvies is incredibly overpowered. Start nerfing spells like Foxshift which hits for like 10k + no cooldown if ur too bad to land it + makes you immune while u spamm it. Or our beloved thorn ward which is undodgeable as melee and hits for 2k+/sec. Don't forget wilds medicine which heals u 2x more than 2000 reg. Whats also funny: you take the prones from GF and GWF but boar charge from HR stays as it is *clap*

Another post without substance.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yuccapalm why dont you grab aryoux and hold hands look eachother deep in the eyes and talk about how unfair life is with those pesky OP hr that dont die in one of your cc rotations.

Right now you come up with a spammable fox shift with endless cc immunity that hits for 10k+ each time , 16 dodges in a row, 60%+ deflect, thorns that his for 2k+ PER SECOND, untested nerf of wild medicine that you know in advance heals for 2x200+ in reg.

Soon HRs are immortal dont take dam has a death ray that hits everything that even looks at them, it is actually getting rather funny but in the end its just tradgic and extreamly tendious...
  • Options
    dzonisa1dzonisa1 Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    yuccapalm why dont you grab aryoux and hold hands look eachother deep in the eyes and talk about how unfair life is with those pesky OP hr that dont die in one of your cc rotations.

Right now you come up with a spammable fox shift with endless cc immunity that hits for 10k+ each time , 16 dodges in a row, 60%+ deflect, thorns that his for 2k+ PER SECOND, untested nerf of wild medicine that you know in advance heals for 2x200+ in reg.

Soon HRs are immortal dont take dam has a death ray that hits everything that even looks at them, it is actually getting rather funny but in the end its just tradgic and extreamly tendious...

How dare you kind ser, how dare you being sarcastic with idiot ... erm Awesome class. It has Great in its class name, so siting in every red circle in pve and pvp is a must. If red stuff can kill me, it must be deleted from the game, as with your OP class that shoots pointy stuff at us !
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    reached 40% deflect. tankiness more than fine. damage distribution is now 40% blade hurrican 40% piercing damage 10% carefull 10% encounters melee. To have this number it needed to abuse melee a certain set up of melee encounters and at will tho. otherwise damage still to low.

Tankiness ok as full meele deacent as hybrid awefull as trapper and pathetic as archer.

As it is now you are forced to t3 wild medice in pvp and full archery in pve. Trapper path can only be used while soloing as it lacks both cc anti cc and tankiness, archery is fine in pve but with no cc and less then good survivabiltity its dead in the water in pvp while meele lacks the dam for pve.

This will fast lead to cockie cut builds 1 for pve and one for pvp leaving trapper path in the dust whish imho stand for the very idea of what ranger should be.

I strongly suggest that you sepparate constricting arrow and let both archery and trapper to regain its old form even if you keep the new to meele. I also want some anti cc for both trapper and archery and a rather big upgrade in utility/dam for trapper like making Rain of Arrows a larger aoe area with longer duration or simular.

Will do further testing but of all changes only wild medicine and full archery for pure pve is of any use so far.
  • Options
    myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »

25% deflect passive (more like 17%, typically) is more OP than a 20% DR passive? Oooookay.

Fox Shift leaves you immune to everything for less than a second. I've never seen it do 10k+ on a player. The range is also pretty short, so not putting it on CD is a fine thing.

Undodgeable as Melee? I see TRs and GFs and GWFs dodge it all the time. But smart Melee isn't all Melee.

Wilds Medicine is a pale cousin of the Live PvP set. But you wouldn't know that, since you aren't testing it on Preview.

It's extremely rare that a level 60 HR uses Boar. And unlike GF/GWF, there is no additional prone or stun to follow the Boar with (which has a long animation finish time, btw), so there is no CC chain - and Boar does pitiful damage compared to the prones used by those two classes.

TEST IT ON PREVIEW >>> TAKE VIDS >>> GIVE FEEDBACK
    Not Read Changes >>> Cry Some >>> Cry Some More

The only two "OP" things HRs have on Live are AotLW (already reworked into something with more synergy, but less powerful overall) and the bugged PvP set (already fixed). Nothing else HRs have on Live is OP, though Thorn Ward is as strong as many other classes' strong moves.

Which is WAI, it seems to me.
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    Just wanna say that for me the live version of HR and the prew version of HR really seems wrong. I mean Hr is a fast moving class wearing light armor, HR should not be able to stand big blows and +heal himself better than DC lol. Since in pvp its all about how much u can endure, ppl will always play tanky HRs. It just feels wrong that HR is more tanky than GF and gwf. It should be more like TR whos very fragile but can deflect few shots if hes lucky, if the shot pass deflect they take heavy damage. Instead of giving so much heals and deflect regen, lifesteal from lots of sources give them more speed and more damage, more CC. Its a fair trade. But i gues its too late to change it :/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    marko531 wrote: »
    Just wanna say that for me the live version of HR and the prew version of HR really seems wrong. I mean Hr is a fast moving class wearing light armor, HR should not be able to stand big blows and +heal himself better than DC lol. Since in pvp its all about how much u can endure, ppl will always play tanky HRs. It just feels wrong that HR is more tanky than GF and gwf. It should be more like TR whos very fragile but can deflect few shots if hes lucky, if the shot pass deflect they take heavy damage. Instead of giving so much heals and deflect regen, lifesteal from lots of sources give them more speed and more damage, more CC. Its a fair trade. But i gues its too late to change it :/

A TR is actually also quite tanky and if played right the hardest class to kill right now on preview.
    Also a GF and GWF are more tanky than HR if u have to endure burst. We got our set totally nerfed and much of our mitigation. We are vulnerable to fast and hard dmg. If we can survive the initial burst dmg we can heal up again but I dont see whats wrong with that.

And btw ofc in pvp its about survival, meaning ur suggestion to give HR only cc (our cc got nerfed heavy) and more burst will render this class useless in pvp. Because class cannons dont work there. And this will not change.

So u have to give every class kinds if survability. Stripping that away just because people think a HR is a robin hood in cloth pants (he is not btw) is wrong. Just wrong.

This is D&D and as a matter of fact, in pnp the most "tanky" classes are ones with leather and cloth. They have the highest AC. This changes a bit in epic tier.
    I am just saying this to let people realize, that u can be very tanky and have high survability no matter what armor or class ur playing. Its about ur build and specc.
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    FEEDBACK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YdntkHwIBg&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb1Pl1mFHjU&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ&index=7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woKIJZSEQPw&index=8&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ
    Hunter ranger dots. If they can hit that hard then they shouldnt be able to get up to 45% deflection chance or have all those life steals and regen from wild medicine. They should not have it all. Also why doesnt Thrown wards cool down start after the effect is over?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    why is it that hunter rangers get everything in one tree? combat tree?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2<<<
    ^^
    you ****ing liar.

Very constuctive feedback in a HR thread a class whish you dont even play.
    Now I suggest you do 3 of the following thing
    1 Start a HR try pvp with the Hunter or Archer path and then come back
    2 Start a HR try pve with Hunter or Melee path then come back
    3 Restrain yourself from writing stuff in other classes forum of whish you are clueless about

Mkay ...
  • Options
    journalist989journalist989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    /10char
    /10char
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    FEEDBACK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb1Pl1mFHjU&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ&index=7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woKIJZSEQPw&index=8&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ
    Hunter ranger dots. If they can hit that hard then they shouldnt be able to get up to 45% deflection chance or have all those life steals and regen from wild medicine. They should not have it all. Also why doesnt Thrown wards cool down start after the effect is over?

Why do you want HR to suck in PVP?

Nobody will take us for PVE, leave us with something. We don't have it all, we barely have anything.

Besides, it's not exactly fun just trying to apply DOTs all the time. It would be nice if they gave us actual damage instead but they seem unwilling to do so and reverted our chance for it with the archery reversion.

Why do we get it all in one tree? Cause the other trees suck.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2<<<
    ^^

Very constuctive feedback in a HR thread a class whish you dont even play.
    Now I suggest you do 3 of the following thing
    1 Start a HR try pvp with the Hunter or Archer path and then come back
    2 Start a HR try pve with Hunter or Melee path then come back
    3 Restrain yourself from writing stuff in other classes forum of whish you are clueless about

Mkay ...
    why cant i give feedback on hrs? hrs might be weak in pve but their combat if gives them everything for pvp as in everything. They lack some range but that's it. only control wizards on test shard can kill them because of assailant force.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Why do you want HR to suck in PVP?

Nobody will take us for PVE, leave us with something. We don't have it all, we barely have anything.

Besides, it's not exactly fun just trying to apply DOTs all the time. It would be nice if they gave us actual damage instead but they seem unwilling to do so and reverted our chance for it with the archery reversion.

Why do we get it all in one tree? Cause the other trees suck.
    i understand your concern about pve but thats not what my post was about it is in pvp that you guys are overpowered. the devs can give you huge dps, that would be great but you cant have it all. you shouldn't have it all in one tree. if you want to hit hard you shouldnt be healing for as much as you do on live and test shard. spread their feats around their 3 paths in order for them to actually lose something to gain something.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    FEEDBACK

WOW so Hr seems to have the best dmg now lol and best defense. How can they do about 20k dmg in a few seconds just from DOT ?

To the people who use HR as main char you must understand that this is a little OP, no other char in the game can beat you because as isuuck2 shown, you can kill people very quickly even protector based chars like that and you have the most survivability with all the insane deflect and regen you guys have.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Crush i hope you will read all these feedbacks and make some more changes for Trapper and Archery. I would switch to Trapper in a hearbeat if it just added something but its dead in the waters right now :-(...

Fully with you. Trapper looks a lot of fun and is quite effective in solo but needs either a dps or control buff. I would prefer more control to differentiate it from Archery.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    FEEDBACK

I understand the effort in making a video, However simply standing there and taking damage isn't a fair representation of the class balance. I'd like to ask you to roll and Level an HR on preview and see how you do, it is not the facesmash roll over everything class you think it is.
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    FEEDBACK

Oh no! You said it dude. HRs are too OP because we can kill someone that's not attacking or blocking. Crush NEEEERRRRFFFFFF!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    WOW so Hr seems to have the best dmg now lol and best defense. How can they do about 20k dmg in a few seconds just from DOT ?

To the people who use HR as main char you must understand that this is a little OP, no other char in the game can beat you because as isuuck2 shown, you can kill people very quickly even protector based chars like that and you have the most survivability with all the insane deflect and regen you guys have.

You peeps are so cluless that it hurts watching what you write.

First of all in pvp GWF and GF can burst kill a meele Hr you miss one dodge and your toast. They kill trapper and archers with no chanse what so ever for the HR.
    A good cw kills anything in 1-1 as it stands right now beside trs with right build.

To be able to do alot of dam you have to sacrifice alot of survivability so you wont have ubah dps and survivability as a HR its just not possible atm.
    why cant i give feedback on hrs? hrs might be weak in pve but their combat if gives them everything for pvp as in everything. They lack some range but that's it. only control wizards on test shard can kill them because of assailant force.

You cant because you dont know what you are talking about as you dont play HR and those make wrong assumptions writting gibberish in a HR forum made for feedback from those that knows what they write about.

Lack some range .... try lack any cc worth slotting what so ever.. try no cc escape what so ever... try no healing what so ever if you dont go meele ...try pathetic overall dam as melee build .... etc etc

I played dussins of duels on test vs gwf cw gf but havent found any tr yet and against all i lost and I won BUT you put a gf in a party and then attack the HR with 50% + dam his healing wont go to the 3rd tick before hes dead..

These new group buffs coupled with the cws new cc lock downs is going to make for a hole new team playing when it comes down to pvp matches so we are all in for some heavy learning curve..

Just because your build dident work on a HR it dont mean you automaticly tested all your options vs all Hrs. Test more figure out how to counter the HRs because as a gf you sure have the tools to do so now ......
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh no! You said it dude. HRs are too OP because we can kill someone that's not attacking or blocking. Crush NEEEERRRRFFFFFF!!!!!!
    that was just to show you the dmg, but if you get on life you can see why only cw can kill them because of assailant force. wild medicine makes it impossible for any other class to kill them
  • Options
    myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    that was just to show you the dmg, but if you get on life you can see why only cw can kill them because of assailant force. wild medicine makes it impossible for any other class to kill them

Um... Wilds Medicine heals for less than PvP set by a lot.

You can scoot off now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Another of ur biased videos :-p
    I have bets right now how many more u will post.

I guess, HR really have smacked u in the past. I have no other explaination why u continue posting stuff like that.

Should I come to GF thread with video of super class canon GF who one-rotates other class canons and say: "NERF DMG of tank because he is tank NERF NERF NERF"?

Maybe its very hard for a Tank to kill HR with wild med because, hmmmm …. Hmmm.… so difficult…… wait… wait for it… AHH, here: maybe because ur a TANK???
    Ur statements are ridicolous like ur suggestions are. Ur logic is all around ur own ego. U were the one who stated some time ago "I can handle any class except HR. So they have to nerf them"
    See whats weird there??
    Yeah.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Stop deleting feedback
    FEEDBACK
    Hunter ranger using oak skin with their profound set and wild medicine leaves no class able to kill them except control wizard with assailant force.

please pay attention to pvp with a hunter ranger, if assailant force gets nerfed only hunter rangers wil be able to stalemate a hunter ranger. in 1v1. Please play attention to pvp balance.

I hope its allowed to respond to feedbackwith my own:
    HRs are vulnerable to burst dmg. They lost their instant heals from armor and forest med as well as their nature feat and half of their mitigation. We can go combat survival, but our dmg isnt great there. Also, if u slot Oak Skin, u have a completely useless ranged encounter with long cooldown, and a non damaging melee power. That means that we might be hard to kill but have a hard time killing everyone else also. Thats balanced.