Install Arc
Options

Great Weapon Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited July 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I agree with you and Ayroux on this frmo today on: i just finished a T2 dungeon (Karr) before the server shuted down and our team were 2 GWFs (15 and 18ks) and 2 CWs (16,18ks) and a DC (10k)... the DC couldnt keep with us, so we kicked her out before the fight vs Pyraphenia and kept doing the dungeon... we managed to finish it without any problem... DEVs should make new T3 dungeons or make the T3 versions of all existing (and old) dungeons.

Most PuG groups where everyone is of equivalent GS will fail, and people will leave the group. Almost to the point NO one gears up fully from doing all content with their groups always being that particular GS bracket. I didn't I know. I use to tag along a behind a 19k GWF in my own efforts to obtain the gear. And usually where there is one over GSed player, there will be a few more.

So needless to say, put a 10/11k GSed GWF in a group with other 10/11k GSed players, he could ultimately suck just as much as any other class- and he defiantly is NOT carrying the group through, and I'm sure not tank worthy over a GF.

If these changes go live for a destoryer GWF, they ARE not going to be playable in their respective GS content, and will absolutely have to coattail on ALL content, until they WAY over power it in gear/boons/artis/...
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wrong. What i said is: You are a bad GWF-player due you found "more difficult" ("possitioning, thinking about that to aggro, etc" as you say yourself in your own post and your own words) in killing a mob (or group or complete a dungeon) which is (or are) EASIER in test than in live.

Oh, ok. And since you're unable to articulate clearly the reasoning behind the "bad GWF-player" part, in part because you're unable to demonstrate understanding of what I mentioned about changing gear, respecs, and power loadouts; we can agree that whatever I test on Preview Server is relevant to the Live server. :cool:
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ..deleted..
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The thread is on feedback from the Preview on GWF, that means feedback from everyone that plays, or plays with / against a GWF and the effects and or bugs that may have been found!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    uh, a triumphant apparition.

Instigator still on hiatus, sm, since the B.E.T.A, is a handful of random powers (and weaknesses ... what is the steel grace?) Without any synergy between them. 6.5k damage in flourish? (ibs cooldown) uhhh. 900k in wms, my god, that is the solution!

I want to spend hours on the server "collecting data" about why depredation in unstoppable / iv will harm the life of gwf going forward? really?

I tested the unstoppable. what you want me to say about it? The sprint animation's of gwf was destroyed (and now my female gwf - A SOLDIER - wiggles like a *****) what do you want?

let's be accurate. t3 weapon/8800kpower/26 power.

wms :758-909 (need 5 points to be a good SELF debuffer)

flourish: 5502-6598, . (LOW RANGE after the nerf in module 1 - why give tr to gwf after this? i dont know - ibs cooldown... ah... more stun too. like a pseudo Dazing Strike)

finish. that is the sm changes to test.

congratulations, you fix the sm.
  • Options
    peterspiegelpeterspiegel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this game became impossible for a melee front line character , my two favorite classes , both fighters in game , 'll be wortheless after this next module , GF were always worthless for pvp , now he had a friend ...

Im played neverwnter since beta GF never had a chance in pvp not against end game pvp , and now his only abbility to survive they nerf it like it was broken like Roar or HR with survival feat tree , his shild guard only blck 80% of total dmg , as Damage reduction , but Dmg reduction always broken never work properly as it said to be , and to make it worst , you have an ammount of time to block , so he take dmg with shild on , he take lot more dmg with shield off .

And now GWF , what say about him ? his class abillitity was totaly broken ,it dmg reduction was totaly nerfed , ok if you're a gwf tank based in Instigator you have in last feat especialization a bonus to your unstobble that makes your resistence " Buffed " , now you can resit like your awalys did before this nerf , ok nice ! but what 'll be for GWF Dps focused in destroyer , he was never Overpower he never was the top pvp Leaderbord , so once again he'll be impossible to play , today i guess was my last day in game , while i test my char in this module against a HR friend that i always win , and lose for him like brazil vs Germany in world cup , in test server with this very "smart" changes in the class, how can i win with half of my life( or more ) in present game situation and lose only taking 10% of his life in this module 4 changes ? Takedown ? why takedown should knock their target down ? while HRs and Trs run and get far from his enemies rolling or dashing 5 or 6 times or rolling 3 to 4 times , why we should knock and control other classes ?

so i'll not change my GWF for sentinel and Lose my hope in this game , i love the game play style , but i rather play as melee , and there is no way to have fun with a melee in this new module , so good bye , i cant see myself playing this new module .
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guys, lets get this thread back on topic. Do not discuss CWs or individual players. This thread is exclusively for feedback that has stemmed from actually playing on the preview shard. Please do not post feedback that has not been actively tested as it serves only to clutter the thread. Numbers, Screenshots, ACT parses are all helpful, but speculation without testing isn't.

In my opinion this isnt offtopic. I want to tell, that GWF have to much DMG or maby to much survivability.

You said that Smigi has 13k gs, now think i told you he is all in ranks 10, and all new gear, i think you have answer that probably he is 16/17k gs CW. Firstly, GS isnt "measurable" in this game, and good players know it, anyway, GWF has higher gs than CW, when i get enchants from my 18k GWF and give back to CW, different between gs was big. I was playing CW some time ago, i create him for pvp and try to play, but i really take nervous collapse playing pvp this class. I leave CW for GWF, and i have compare about this 2 classes. This is abyss, like between heaven and earth. On my GWF (sentinel) 40k hp, 45% deflect, 43% dr (it was without companion), i was abble to hold 3 persons on point for long time, and when my hp was near end- unstopable- shift- bye bye!. i can stil hit cw for 10k crit, most of CWs were eaten alive in the way to point, and their dmg was unnoticeable, like rest classes. Tank? really? haha, only GODMODE was noteworthy/ Perma tr- sometimes i had a probem with notice did they start to fight or did they run away, only problem was HR and tanky dc that was endless fight sometimes. Survivability on GWF in my opinion is TOTALLY UNBALANCED, when i back to my CW (becouse belive me playing on GWF is really good, but it is not for me) this is tragedy. Oh by the way ZACAZU, i think cw pvp build is different than your DPS cw. There is my CW: http://zapodaj.net/a1fc3131b3a5f.png.html (ss without any potions, only campfire) he isnt good yet ( she has opressor build), becouse i must change a few things, especially rings, i must make GWF artifact, and first of all get ice set, now please compare your 21k hp against 20,5k Saber's IBS :) but what i want to say is that i have not any chance against GWF, ofcourse good GWF becouse all you know there are GWFs and....GWFs, like in every class, last time i meet GWF his nick was probably...The Death, he shoot me Frontline surge 10k, threateing rush 5k, take down 10k and IBS 20k, later was threateing 4,5k and daily SA. 26k. in 3-4 minutes of match he was abble to collect almost 20 kills and match is over after that, this isnt normal. In my opinion GWF is greatly exaggerated at least against CW, but we all know we have now holy trynity in pvp: HR, GWF, Perma Tr, rest is meaningless.
    Edit. tenacity is 1360 ;p
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    i speak about pve (i dont get a ********* about pvp).

knowing that all healthy suggestions are always ignored, sorry, I need to act like a ******* for not having class on the floor again. I know that not all cw are "op"/ pvp cw is not a god.

but my sm is not a god too... i no have idea why iam need pay for the old "regen sentinel", close gap iv, etc, etc, etc.

ps:For the record: I'm not a 'dps cw "I'm a mediocre cw ... A cw complaining over a gwf sounds always hypocritical.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In my opinion this isnt offtopic. I want to tell, that GWF have to much DMG or maby to much survivability.

You said that Smigi has 13k gs, now think i told you he is all in ranks 10, and all new gear, i think you have answer that probably he is 16/17k gs CW. Firstly, GS isnt "measurable" in this game, and good players know it, anyway, GWF has higher gs than CW, when i get enchants from my 18k GWF and give back to CW, different between gs was big. I was playing CW some time ago, i create him for pvp and try to play, but i really take nervous collapse playing pvp this class. I leave CW for GWF, and i have compare about this 2 classes. This is abyss, like between heaven and earth. On my GWF (sentinel) 40k hp, 45% deflect, 43% dr (it was without companion), i was abble to hold 3 persons on point for long time, and when my hp was near end- unstopable- shift- bye bye!. i can stil hit cw for 10k crit, most of CWs were eaten alive in the way to point, and their dmg was unnoticeable, like rest classes. Tank? really? haha, only GODMODE was noteworthy/ Perma tr- sometimes i had a probem with notice did they start to fight or did they run away, only problem was HR and tanky dc that was endless fight sometimes. Survivability on GWF in my opinion is TOTALLY UNBALANCED, when i back to my CW (becouse belive me playing on GWF is really good, but it is not for me) this is tragedy. Oh by the way ZACAZU, i think cw pvp build is different than your DPS cw. There is my CW: http://zapodaj.net/a1fc3131b3a5f.png.html (ss without any potions, only campfire) he isnt good yet ( she has opressor build), becouse i must change a few things, especially rings, i must make GWF artifact, and first of all get ice set, now please compare your 21k hp against 20,5k Saber's IBS :) but what i want to say is that i have not any chance against GWF, ofcourse good GWF becouse all you know there are GWFs and....GWFs, like in every class, last time i meet GWF his nick was probably...The Death, he shoot me Frontline surge 10k, threateing rush 5k, take down 10k and IBS 20k, later was threateing 4,5k and daily SA. 26k. in 3-4 minutes of match he was abble to collect almost 20 kills and match is over after that, this isnt normal. In my opinion GWF is greatly exaggerated at least against CW, but we all know we have now holy trynity in pvp: HR, GWF, Perma Tr, rest is meaningless.
    Edit. tenacity is 1360 ;p
    why do u a;ways give critical values, and read clearly u want ur range classed to do close combat with melee class, that itself is wrong.
    many CW players climb pillars in PVP or stay way to far away from melee class, then when thety start there rotation half of GWF is already gone and when GWF is still stunned and trying to reach CW , after 10 sec u get ur rotation again , u can kill him easily by moving back but no except some good CW who know how to play i always seen CW trying maximum time there dodges going towards GWF and not away and look at ur health , its on par with GWF but whereas u gave up ur defense , u cld have increased it more but u choose health over defense , defense cap is 3k-4k , and tenacity , 1360 tenacity is way above diminishing cap, for 2 % tenacity vales u cld have increased ur defense.

and many things stated by u about GWF uunstopable and FS takedown are all being nerfed and u still come here and whine , go to ur own feedback.

shooooo....................
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thats why i told you, she isnt finished yet :P
    Why i am here, becouse GWF take nerf, but from feedback to feedback....Unstopable now 5-10%, GWFS ANGRY GWFS WANTS MORE! and now you have 30%, few next feedbacks and GWF take buff not nerf.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you cannot post respectfully, then do not post at all. Read the Rules please. ~Zeb
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thats why i told you, she isnt finished yet :P
    Why i am here, becouse GWF take nerf, but from feedback to feedback....Unstopable now 5-10%, GWFS ANGRY GWFS WANTS MORE! and now you have 30%, few next feedbacks and GWF take buff not nerf.

this, my good man, is what you can not understand.

know what would be a fair nerf? DoT stop building destroyer porpose . Takedown be excluded from the destroyer tree (not make sense takedown for destroyer).

iv have been redesigned especially for gwf (and not destroyed now after a ridiculous hegemony).

that are "excesses", and as such, are not healthy for the game or for the class (which has its pendencies). nerf "unstoppable" is abad move. nothing more. for me the dev insists that this nerf and the player who thinks this is the solution, deserve to be criticized.

ps:I recorded a video on how the steel blitz works, but to me disappointed. a low rating and a damage lower to the sure strike. ridiculous feet.

[Combat (Self)] Your Steel Blitz deals 1883 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

or in top:

[Combat (Self)] Your Steel Blitz deals 2154 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Steel Blitz deals 5405 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

imagine hit a critical over a rating inferior to my critical rating.

that is the "swordmaster" who do not need the unstoppable. that is your numbers dev. waiting for the big, big buff because, you know, iam a exclusive dps now.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    If you cannot post respectfully, then do not post at all. Read the Rules please. ~Zeb
  • Options
    myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    this game became impossible for a melee front line character , my two favorite classes , both fighters in game , 'll be wortheless after this next module , GF were always worthless for pvp , now he had a friend ...

Im played neverwnter since beta GF never had a chance in pvp not against end game pvp , and now his only abbility to survive they nerf it like it was broken like Roar or HR with survival feat tree , his shild guard only blck 80% of total dmg , as Damage reduction , but Dmg reduction always broken never work properly as it said to be , and to make it worst , you have an ammount of time to block , so he take dmg with shild on , he take lot more dmg with shield off .

And now GWF , what say about him ? his class abillitity was totaly broken ,it dmg reduction was totaly nerfed , ok if you're a gwf tank based in Instigator you have in last feat especialization a bonus to your unstobble that makes your resistence " Buffed " , now you can resit like your awalys did before this nerf , ok nice ! but what 'll be for GWF Dps focused in destroyer , he was never Overpower he never was the top pvp Leaderbord , so once again he'll be impossible to play , today i guess was my last day in game , while i test my char in this module against a HR friend that i always win , and lose for him like brazil vs Germany in world cup , in test server with this very "smart" changes in the class, how can i win with half of my life( or more ) in present game situation and lose only taking 10% of his life in this module 4 changes ? Takedown ? why takedown should knock their target down ? while HRs and Trs run and get far from his enemies rolling or dashing 5 or 6 times or rolling 3 to 4 times , why we should knock and control other classes ?

so i'll not change my GWF for sentinel and Lose my hope in this game , i love the game play style , but i rather play as melee , and there is no way to have fun with a melee in this new module , so good bye , i cant see myself playing this new module .

Having long complained about how OP GWFs are, and then rolling one, and finding out how OP GWFs are from their own standpoint, you're only accurate in that you must not be very good at PvP. GWF damage has been and will remain amazing. It's also easy to catch up to an HR and TR with +runspeed and Determination. You don't even need a boosted Unstoppable to negate more damage than a TR or HR - the CC immunity & temp HP just make you awesomer. If you don't know how to watch and anticipate an enemy player's dodging, and you're not a responsive chaser, you're going to have a hard time - but that's true no matter what class you are.

If you have to rely on a bugged Roar to face-smash an HR or TR, you simply aren't at the top-end of skill. Any 'ol GWF can do the stun-prone-prone combo. Good GWFs will continue slicing and dicing without the extra prone and a bugged Roar.

GFs still need work, I'll continue agreeing with that and saying so until they are actually brought in line with where they should be. But if you think you're worthless as a GF in PvP on Live, then you're again low-skilled and/or low-geared, because GFs are fantastic at face-tanking targeting, dishing out buttloads of CC, and soaking up damage while the rest of your team dishes out death. Against low-geared opponents, you can even do craploads of damage as a GF, too. But if you aren't cognizant of your strengths and weaknesses, then no, you aren't going to have a great time as a GF in PvP.
  • Options
    peterspiegelpeterspiegel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myrnym wrote: »
    Having long complained about how OP GWFs are, and then rolling one, and finding out how OP GWFs are from their own standpoint, you're only accurate in that you must not be very good at PvP. GWF damage has been and will remain amazing. It's also easy to catch up to an HR and TR with +runspeed and Determination. You don't even need a boosted Unstoppable to negate more damage than a TR or HR - the CC immunity & temp HP just make you awesomer. If you don't know how to watch and anticipate an enemy player's dodging, and you're not a responsive chaser, you're going to have a hard time - but that's true no matter what class you are.

If you have to rely on a bugged Roar to face-smash an HR or TR, you simply aren't at the top-end of skill. Any 'ol GWF can do the stun-prone-prone combo. Good GWFs will continue slicing and dicing without the extra prone and a bugged Roar.

GFs still need work, I'll continue agreeing with that and saying so until they are actually brought in line with where they should be. But if you think you're worthless as a GF in PvP on Live, then you're again low-skilled and/or low-geared, because GFs are fantastic at face-tanking targeting, dishing out buttloads of CC, and soaking up damage while the rest of your team dishes out death. Against low-geared opponents, you can even do craploads of damage as a GF, too. But if you aren't cognizant of your strengths and weaknesses, then no, you aren't going to have a great time as a GF in PvP.

My friend did you tryed to fight with any GWF non sentinel in test server ? even Sentinels are getting worthless in kill enemies , they only can take more dmg , but if you dint notice roar is worthless in this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> patch , so dont try say **** , you cant resist anymore because they nerf unstopbble, the shield hit from Iron vanguard can only hit 3 times before cooldown , you can sprint about 4 secs while Tr roll and get invisible , and HRs can Dash and get imunity to dmg while do it about 5 times, what your show up is that you're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> HR our TR , not good enough to fight equal againt a GWF and came here to say what you dont know , if you dont know what are you talking about , just shut up , i test everything with this changes and i dint c a way to play with GWF, if you dint understand yet go try a gwf after this module patch and tell us what did you find about it ...

Repeting my words i can kill my friend in icewind odule , but in test server i lose to him , im gwf full rank 8 Dps based 17,3 k GS he is a HR 19k full rank 10 full of cash itens , so y i can kill him before and cant kill him after ? my smart friend ? y i kill a HR in top 5 list of Leaderbord in Icewind and lose to him in Tyrany of dragons ?

About GF , man did tryed TEst server Tyray of dragons changes ? ok , i have more fun with my GF then my GWF , but did ever c a GF in top rank of Leaderbord ? did ever c a Good guild team with a GF in PvP end game ?? i never , what he can do against a GWF instigator ? whan he can do againt a perma inv full rank 8 TR ( 1300 regain +) ?what he can do againt a HR survival build ? ans i told you before , dont try to grow yourself and say **** for me , because you dont know what yo're talking about ...
  • Options
    gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I feel like I should be reporting someone, but I can't really understand what any of your are saying.
  • Options
    velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gabryel wrote: »
    I feel like I should be reporting someone, but I can't really understand what any of your are saying.

Don't feel bad. I have a migraine. Some threads contain some form of algebra/calculus going on in them.
    11.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Repeting my words i can kill my friend in icewind odule , but in test server i lose to him , im gwf full rank 8 Dps based 17,3 k GS he is a HR 19k full rank 10 full of cash itens , so y i can kill him before and cant kill him after ? my smart friend ? y i kill a HR in top 5 list of Leaderbord in Icewind and lose to him in Tyrany of dragons ?

Because you're relying on Roar and you're bad at fighting without it. I've seen GWFs tear it up without Roar and fail with Roar, and done it myself without Roar. I don't use Roar specifically for this point. Roar and Takedown-prone only enable lazy CC-chaining for kills.

Sure, it takes some time to adjust to not needing Roar to kill anyone, but you'll get there if you try. ;) I kill many GWFs I fight on my HR, and I kill most HRs I fight on my GWF.

GFs won't get top kills on Leaderboards because they aren't kill machines. That's obvious. If you don't know how to deal with Permas on either GWF or GF, then you need to learn how to better ferret out stealth and deal with Perma skills. GWF and GF have the CC to make it happen already and still can, even with Roar and Takedown nerfs.

If you really want to make a case against GWF vs. HR on Preview, you're going to need to post your exact build vs. their exact build and specify how they are killing you where they couldn't kill you before and how you are failing to kill them where you killed them before.
    And if your answer is "Roar/Takedown CC chain lol," well, point made.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, i didnt saw any "good" GWF without roar, IBS or takedown as i didnt saw any "good HR" without Thorn, Ward, aimed shot, etc or a "good TR" without Lashin, stealth, Shadow Strike/Bait and Switch, etc or any "good CW" without Shard, entantglin, Icy Knife, etc... can you show me one of any of them? I would be more than thankful. :)

I've been shredded by people not using Roar, Bait and Switch, Shard, Icy Knife, Thorn Ward, and Aimed Shot. Neither Thorn Ward nor Aimed Shot are necessary to great games as an HR. Roar isn't necessary to have great games as a GWF. Etc, etc, etc.

There isn't only one great loadout per class. There are many useful skills out there. Relying on lazy CC chains in a game without DR on CC is playing on EZ mode. Maybe we'll see better GWF gameplay come out of this. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    As i said: i dont want to "read" about it, but to "see" it with my own eyes. But, for now, i have never saw a HR without Thorn and, of course, a TR without a move which full its stealth bar... so, if you are kind enough to show me these "good" players, kicking your *** i will be more than thankful. :) ... I know i will wait for long, in fact, i am still waiting for other user to post the vid where he and a rainbow party finish CN 4/4.

If you've never seen a HR kill people without thorn, then you haven't played much PvP and there's no reason to talk to you. I do it every darn day on my HR.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Then, you have an easy player to record a vid killing other players without any stun/CC and/or DPS. :) . I am waiting for it like madman n_n . Can you Q for Domination and rec the video right now? please.

Without CC or DPS? Who said you don't need DPS or CC to kill someone? Come now. There's a great difference between not using Roar and not using *any* CC.

But if you want a vid of an HR killing people without TW, that's easy.
  • Options
    vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gabryel wrote: »

Oh thank god, it's not just me.