What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Drops

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a DC, anecdotal evidence is that you need to slot for heals but not buff/debuff, because that is the role the encounter wants you to fill, even though it might not actually be the most useful thing you could be doing.

Don't try to DPS, for sure.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a DC, anecdotal evidence is that you need to slot for heals but not buff/debuff, because that is the role the encounter wants you to fill, even though it might not actually be the most useful thing you could be doing.

Thank you. The first helpful advice, after 3 weeks of farming incorrectly, I have found on the forums regarding the best way for a cleric to get the epic drops. And more importantly what NOT to do/use (other then the person who said what skills they used a few posts back).
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is it competitive? Sorry I do algorithms in real life so I can't help thinking of exploitative ways to play.

For example, if I don't stand in the cleric blue stuff am I helping myself by sabotaging the cleric?
  • Options
    purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OK update: 1st boss after getting the above info tips; dropped me my cleric gloves and a 2nd cleric also linked a cleric glove drop too. So for those working out if more than 1 can get gloves then yes 2 clerics got gloves from 1 encounter.

I arrived half way through the fight and cast everything I could to do with healage on the boss (as boss was already up when I arrived). I DID NOT follow the script (as some previous posts suggested) and I didn't rez anyone as I wanted to see how much healage I could get in as I arrived late. (for info I was in a group of 3 if that helps in anyway with info gathering spread sheets).

I can sleep well tonight :)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I stopped using Hallowed Ground, Divine glow and Daunting light.... just blue circles and Forgemaster's flame for me. And yeah, switched my Terror enchant out for Vorpal.

In the first epic HE after that the mainhand dropped...two epic HEs later the gauntlets dropped as well.

*shrug*

Might be coincidence, of course......

I did also take special care to do all the side tasks - free this, loot that, burn this, etc.... might have helped too.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    I stopped using Hallowed Ground, Divine glow and Daunting light.... just blue circles and Forgemaster's flame for me. And yeah, switched my Terror enchant out for Vorpal.

In the first epic HE after that the mainhand dropped...two epic HEs later the gauntlets dropped as well.

*shrug*

Might be coincidence, of course......

I did also take special care to do all the side tasks - free this, loot that, burn this, etc.... might have helped too.

Heh.

Glad it worked for you!
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh, another day of grinding, and no gloves. And yes, I followed the script.

*shakes fist to the RNG*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    catchtheteemocatchtheteemo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gauntlet drop system is poorly designed.

I have been trying to get gauntlets for 3 weeks now on GWF, CW & DC (all over 15k gs). Have been doing multiple Prospectors and other HE runs everyday. Not a single one of em dropped for me.

How about making a fair system whereby we get some sort of point or token for doing a HE, then trade that in for gauntlets?
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about the main hand, because I have been farming HE forever and got none... (got 2 pair of glove tho...)
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    I had to send both my DC and GF for therapy because they got severe depression in Mod 3....

If they don't recover soon, I might have to retire them and send them to the Nevermental Institute for the Cryptically Depressed...
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fun part, if you slot a lot of heals you will pull all the agrro and die in one sec.
    not just that but lose all lvl5 enchants in the ground

good to be a cleric
  • Options
    shootyer010shootyer010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Never mind the drops how do you gain profession experience to be able to craft some of the stuff in professions? I have tried to read up on it but didn't get anything useful. Any help will be appreciated. i know a bit of topic but really wanna know!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Never mind the drops how do you gain profession experience to be able to craft some of the stuff in professions? I have tried to read up on it but didn't get anything useful. Any help will be appreciated. i know a bit of topic but really wanna know!

You level the BI profession through the IWD campaign. You have to get enough reputation, coins etc to level up the BI profession. Maximum level is 3. Open the campaign window and you will find it there.
  • Options
    shootyer010shootyer010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for replying. Is there a guide of how many experience or coins you have to get before you level up?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for replying. Is there a guide of how many experience or coins you have to get before you level up?

If you click on each task in the campaign, it will show a pop up description of the task and what resources are needed to start/complete the task.

For example, if you want to level the BI profession to level 2, you can click on the task Baerick's Iceforge II and the popup window will show you that you need 75 coins, 5 dwarf gold and 10k AD to start the task.
  • Options
    myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2014
    feedback of a CW if that can help : I can do a lot of damages with AOE without much success for the gloves. I've tried today with control. I arrived at the end of raid the raiders (Boss was already there with almost full life) and i have spammed entangling force (immune), steal time (immune), Arcane singularity (immune), Oppressive force (some damage), Shard of endless avalanche (immune but some damage) and magic missile. I helped a few players on ground. I don't do the side task because they were completed. I've not been very useful with all these "immune".
    At the end : gloves and epic remorhaz fang (for profession).

(forgive me for my bad english)
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Raid the Raiders 6-10 man Heroic encounter in Icewind pass is broken since the last patch , all 6 chests and 3 of the barrels have disappeared or been removed so now it is not possible to complete the HE making it even more difficult for players who are still missing gloves to get them
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I tried 3 times to follow script this morning, DC, GWF and CW.. nothing in return, just more junk. I cant count how many Ive done, at least 2-3 each day since start of mod 3, as many as 6-7 on each toon I have, so dozens anyways. I have nothing in return not one drop for any of them, not even a non class drop for any of them on all of these runs.

Its not even worth the time for me at this point, especially after the cward announcement, there isnt much hope of progression in the game.

I am just concentrating on the boons I guess and leaving it at that.. I loathe doing these HEs now, without some sort of return.

This is truly one of the worst gating environments Ive seen.. PLEASE allow them to be purchased instead. There is plenty of stuff you can give out during the he events to make players play them instead.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Raid the Raiders 6-10 man Heroic encounter in Icewind pass is broken since the last patch , all 6 chests and 3 of the barrels have disappeared or been removed so now it is not possible to complete the HE making it even more difficult for players who are still missing gloves to get them

You may have come across a bugged encounter because this is not true. I completed Raid the Raiders last night and looted almost all the food, barrels, and chests myself before dying. Still didn't get epic drop, but didn't get troll loot either. The encounter itself seemed to be working fine.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    You may have come across a bugged encounter because this is not true. I completed Raid the Raiders last night and looted almost all the food, barrels, and chests myself before dying. Still didn't get epic drop, but didn't get troll loot either. The encounter itself seemed to be working fine.

Yeah I got to the one I reported first too and set fire to the hay and scared the horses away but all 6 chests and 3 of the barrels of food/weapons failed to spawn so yeah probably just a buggy HE but probably worth the developers just taking a look at .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2014

On my DC I got both the weap and the bracers on the major HEs not the Epics...and all I did was heal heal heal. They came very easy which was a surprise because on my GWF I've done a ton more epic HE's and just did get the weap but no sign of bracers. But that was just my experience.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I agree with the evidence that you have to slot for heals on a DC. I slotted in astral shield for sunburst and got my gauntlets in the next HE I did, still kept daunting light and divine glow. Which was "Raid the Raiders" and I arrived about mid-battle. Too I changed my weapon enchant from lesser frost to lesser vorpal, so I know that had an affect.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *sigh* Another day of following the script, nothing. I got a random GWF Epic Offhand (otherwise know as RAD).
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *sigh* Another day of following the script, nothing. I got a random GWF Epic Offhand (otherwise know as RAD).

I really gotta say following script doesnt exactly work 100% of the time regardless of efforts to push the opposite. Shoot my sense is it doesnt work period and those following script and getting it and being rewarded with Black Ice gear fall into the lucky chosen few. Since launch my GF has gotten diddly squat (no gloves no main hand) and I have lost count on how many Epic or major encounters I have run in both DV and IWP. End result is obscene amount of lost countless hours with little to any to show for my effort. I have literally never seen an RNG for a micro pack (mod) release as bad as this in any mmo I play.

As for the slight chance the devs have a "fix" for this coming next week...I would hope so cause this mod is fast becoming an utter bust.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You guys should read Hume, you're all corealating events that are essentially random.

Saying that, I got my gloves after spinning round three times in that big tent with the chests, then dancing seductively for exactly 30 seconds.

Maybe you should try that, but it only works on Fridays.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    At least you got the 150 BI reward.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'd be happy if I could trade one of the Mainhands I keep getting in for a pair of Gauntlets or maybe 2 main hands for a single pair of gauntlets.

Well, yeah, the fact that the Lewt Fairy has been nice to me does not mean I like RNG. In fact ...
  • Options
    catchtheteemocatchtheteemo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    I had to send both my DC and GF for therapy because they got severe depression in Mod 3....

If they don't recover soon, I might have to retire them and send them to the Nevermental Institute for the Cryptically Depressed...

Ah, my CW & DC are already there. Will give you some drinks when u enroll in.