test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Drops

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The thing is...even if you do everything right, participate, do everything, provide decent damage/healing, there is no guarantee - there is always a big random factor. I think I have done the Remorhaz 20+ times, and the Beholder 10+ times - and still no epic drops for me on the live server.

The problem for me is that I originally liked the game because it was fun and "casual friendly" - which was not the case for WoW, and why I gave up playing that a few years ago. If I am forced to grind endlessly (without a guaranteed result at the end) to have a chance to proceed, the game stops being fun for me, and without the fun factor, there is not much to keep me here. I'll give it another week....if I have no drops by then, I'll probably take a break from the game for a while.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    I am officially going into a 3rd week of glove farming, this is absolutely nuts. Before their patch a few weeks ago, I got 2 main hand drops and a couple epic crafting items. Since that patch where they nerf'd the drop rate of enemy encounters I have not seen an epic since. This is stupid, move the gloves to the store, and then change it so the offhand and mainhand is dropped. This way everyone has a chance at the new skirmish, either that or just move the gloves to the store or plz increase the drop rate.

I think we need an official response, but it seems like it isn't happening.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    My TR just got the gloves from Raid the Raiders. Did what the quest tracker said to do (free horses, burn this, loot that), died 3 times and revived twice at camp fire, cause damage to mobs and boss...

There were maybe 15 players in the HE. I think the big factor is the number of players in an HE, if there are like 20+ players in an HE, the chances of getting epic stuff is minimal even if you do everything you should...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OK, a question here - exactly which HEs have a chance of dropping (a) the gloves and (b) the mainhand?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    Mainhand - Dwarven Valley - got mine from the beholder - prepatch
    Gloves - Ice Pass, Epic HE Remorhaz, Raid the raiders, some say that prospectors does but its always packed or empty.
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    My TR just got the gloves from Raid the Raiders. Did what the quest tracker said to do (free horses, burn this, loot that), died 3 times and revived twice at camp fire, cause damage to mobs and boss...

There were maybe 15 players in the HE. I think the big factor is the number of players in an HE, if there are like 20+ players in an HE, the chances of getting epic stuff is minimal even if you do everything you should...

But there will always be a zerg at most encounters epics recommended is 6-10 usually 25-30+
    Popular Major HEs - 15-20+ the whole amount of people should be taken out of the figure, since there will always be a zerg until mod 4 just like the areas of mod 2 have died down.
    edited May 2014
    I know If have personally spoke with Akromatik and he said he was going to bring it to the attention of the developers :) Fingers Crossed !!!!
  • arianrrhodarianrrhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Okay folks, damage is not the only consideration in "earning a chance" to receive black ice gloves/gauntlets and black ice main hand. Yes healing counts, buffing and debuffing counts...and participation in the what script is actually telling you to do. Let me say this again...participating in what the script is telling you do.

In these enoucnters, when you have to do certain things like mine black ice with the remorahaz, or revive a prospector that has fallen, people just stand around doing other things and not what the script is calling for.

On my HR, I have now gotten gloves X 4, and main hand X 7.
    On my NEW GWF Test ALT, today will be his 3rd day in IWD, he has already gotten gloves X 2.

I participate in every phase of the encounters. I do not ignore what the script is calling for. It tells you in your little quest window on the right side of your screen.

My CW, TR, DC, CW, are all retired, so do not use them.

On both of these

Also, you only have a chance to get an epic drop, if you meet the participation threshold, the higher your TOTAL the better your chances. It does take all things into consideration.

Second thing of note, the more people that show up, or get invited to the instance, the harder it is going to be to reach the threshold to trigger the chance of an epic drop.

You just spoke to me in game.
    My question to you is, I try to mine the black ice in Remo, but most seem to get taken, when trying to save someone it is already done before I get to it. It is very frustrating. I have yet to get anything. I will try to participate more and try harder to get there first. See how it goes. Cause as a rogue with only single target, my dps is low in encounters.
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This is all hearsay. I got the gloves and mainhand on all 3 of my characters that I'm doing IWD on and as long as you don't get the troll loot (25 raw black ice) you are in the roll for the BI drops.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure there's no scripts counting everybody's damage and heals and debuffs for every HE and rewarding them based on standings stat-wise. From what I can tell it works on a timer, if 30 people smash an epic heroic in 5 minutes, nobody gets gloves or mainhand or anything worthwhile, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    This is all hearsay. I got the gloves and mainhand on all 3 of my characters that I'm doing IWD on and as long as you don't get the troll loot (25 raw black ice) you are in the roll for the BI drops.

OK so do us a favor, List off your character classes that got everything.... My guess GWF, HR, CW all high DPS classes.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have been doing epic HEs since mod3 came out. The only drop I've gotten other than some blue crafting resources is a Sword Knot . . . . on my HR. Things that make you go grr . . .
    I aim to misbehave
    edited May 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    I have been doing epic HEs since mod3 came out. The only drop I've gotten other than some blue crafting resources is a Sword Knot . . . . on my HR. Things that make you go grr . . .

Welcome to the fun of farming, when you get to 3 weeks and I move to 6 weeks with no glove drop then i am going to leave mod 3 behind and toss out the rest of my BI gear.
  • haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Impressive! 9 Pages and still no official response from Cryptic. Oh yes, they are certainly "Letting the people in charge know" about this issue. Most definitely.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Finally got the gloves on my TR, off of Remo. Even though I didn't feel as if I did that much damage I was consistently the target of his circle for the whole fight (I did strike first on him, though).
    edited May 2014
    still a major issue I keep talking to all sorts of people in game, same story no gloves, weeks of farming etc etc etc. We would love to see them sold, im even at the point of paying zen for them.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They should at least make this stuff drop randomly from Kessel's Retreat as a cap stone, so as to say to the player:

"Okay you got here you got most of your set because you got into this skirmish now you have a 5% chance to get gloves."

Something like that would go a long way to mitigate these concerns imo. It would give players more interested in farming epic skirmishes a vehicle to finish their sets, and fit naturally into the idea of KEssel's Retreat as a cap stone.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    haven, thats pretty typical honestly.

and you wont, they are in a no win situation. However, I think the drop rate or another payment method needs to be introduced, this isnt good for the game, since black ice is already in the game, they could just offer the other two pieces at double the current rate.

They could THEN offer a higher reward for doing HEs, becuase right now, doing even a small one nets you at most 150 black ice, something I could just go to a node and get for 1/4 of the time or less for most of these things. WE are forced to run one a day for a daily, so thats what IVe been doing, IF by chance one of the big ones pop, Ill do it, if Its not all way across the map.

Overall, this is the most depressing thing in the game right now, its not about time played = gear earned, its just a bogus time gate.. Im sure someone will come on and say they got theres the first time and everything is fine and we are all complaining whiners or something. Im OK for it to be a time gate that is achievable not random drop give aways for gear needed to play a game with , thats not cool.

Allow it to be purchased for double the current of the other two items please.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they put direct gear in the shop for zen.. I will be done with this MMO, simply put, NOT good. Thats like those stupid little apps that give you the first 10 levels for free , then WHAM, you cannot defeat anything, until you pay 1.99 for each level basically to buy the next upgrade.. there is no point in playing those games.

Once you start down that road it would never stop.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    If they put direct gear in the shop for zen..

Everyone asking to have it added to "the shop" is asking for it to be purchasable for black ice (if a lot more than the other pieces), as far as I can see.

Edit: Ok, you're right. One guy said he'd be willing to pay Zen. That's a no-no.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2014
    Everyone asking to have it added to "the shop" is asking for it to be purchasable for black ice (if a lot more than the other pieces), as far as I can see.

Edit: Ok, you're right. One guy said he'd be willing to pay Zen. That's a no-no.

If the drop rate sucks like it does now and I have been at this 3 weeks of farming for 1 item, move it to the black ice vendor/shop and give the people the option to buy a black ice weapon/armor chest like they have now for BI Professions Gear Id pay zen if that was an option as well.... But come on people this is nuts for one item.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Hope there's a fix soon.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Hope there's a fix soon.

Here is a prime example the ability to come up with a quick fix: Black Ice Corrupts Marketing Team.... They give you a reward of BI for transferring in zen. Give me my black ice gloves as a reward to transfer in zen im all for it. Ill go out to the store tomorrow!

Come on just move them into the black ice shop, charge double or triple the black ice for them I don't care, farming for weeks is preventing me from doing my other 3 PVP campaign tasks.
    edited May 2014
    Checked out the patch notes, last patch they reduced the drop rate of items falling on the ground which had some sort of adverse affect on BI Epic Drops from EPIC / Major HEs..

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140520a.4
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.

Great so something else might even make the drops worse than they are now.... Good Greif
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Hey guys,

So, I've been monitoring this thread, collecting your important feedback, and talking with the devs (a lot) about this issue. You all have my personal assurance the appropriate parties have been made aware that some classes are obtaining Black Ice Gauntlets more easily than others. I can also say that we are doing our best to come up with a solution.

I also wrote myself a little note, so I won't forget to keep bringing up the issue...

200a49c.jpg

A few things I would like to note though:
    - It is 100% possible to obtain Black Ice Gauntlets for all classes. (We checked it.)
    - Epic Encounters, such as "The Remorhaz", "Supply Raid", and "Prospector Attack", are more likely to yield the Gauntlets in question.
    - You guys are always welcome to PM with any constructive feedback :)

edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey guys,

So, I've been monitoring this thread, collecting your important feedback, and talking with the devs (a lot) about this issue. You all have my personal assurance the appropriate parties have been made aware that some classes are obtaining Black Ice Gauntlets more easily than others. I can also say that we are doing our best to come up with a solution.

I also wrote myself a little note, so I won't forget to keep bringing up the issue...

200a49c.jpg

A few things I would like to note though:
    - It is 100% possible to obtain Black Ice Gauntlets for all classes. (We checked it.)
    - Epic Encounters, such as "The Remorhaz", "Supply Raid", and "Prospector Attack", are more likely to yield the Gauntlets in question.
    - You guys are always welcome to PM with any constructive feedback :)

Thanks Akromatik,

I know I have been a haunt via PM and Posting, but man 3 weeks of farming causes me the need to smash my head into the table. Its not fun :/ I want to enjoy other areas but I can not until I get my gauntlets :)
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    FYI, there are adjustments being made now that we should be able to get out next week for you guys. No details yet.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    FYI, there are adjustments being made now that we should be able to get out next week for you guys. No details yet.

This is excellent news :D!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
    edited May 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    panderus thank you for listening to our feedback man!!! it is greatly appreciated to help out us single target DPS folk!!!
  • purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any info on what increases your chance of getting the purple drop? I am a healer and do a lot of healing, rezzing our dead, collecting ice/food/chests etc and a little bit of damage.

Is it pure damage on the boss or anything that spawns?
    How is healing/buffing/debuffing numbers compaired to damage numbers?
    If I debuff the mob 30% so everyone does 30% more damage do I get any recognition for this in the drop rate?
    If I am helpfull and rezz everyone is this recognised in loot returns?
    Does running around doing the questing part i.e. collecting the horses/food/chests etc add to the drop rate?
    Does having more than 10 people attacking, lower the drop rates?

I ask this because I am getting green rewards every encounter and I am very often the first to pull and run around like a head-less chicken slowly killing them until reinforcements arrive.