test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Drops

prettyceltprettycelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 777 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
Anyone figured out if the black ice gloves only drop from the Epic Heroics (the big ones like Remorhaz or Black Ice Beholder), or can it be any heroic? Do they only drop in Icewind Pass or can it be Dwarven Valley?

I've seen precious little info on this and cannot piece together a pattern from those people I know who've already found them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think they should reevaluate the EPIC HE because as things are now the EPIC HE get flooded with ppl and the drop rate will be crappy
    so if you get more then 10 ppl on a EPIC HE you will get crappy things or nothing or you must be very lucky
    as I have experience you can do more then 20 or higher and dont get the bracers or the weapon
    and I am still looking for those 2,now I have like 30 plus EPIC HE and still nothing only useless things
    And if you cant get it from EPIC HE I doubt it that you can get them from non EPIC HE

from the first day till now no weapon or bracers, and doing everything the quest said
    today-5/25/2014 still no weapon or bracers
    today-5/27/2014 still no weapon or bracers
    today-5/29/2014 still no weapon or bracers did I mention that I am GWF ,so I dont think is about dmg
    today-5/31/2014 still no weapon or bracers
    today-6/02/2014 still no weapon or bracers
    today-6/04/2014 still no weapon or bracers this is getting ridiculous
    today-6/08/2014 still no weapon or bracers
    today-6/11/2014 finaly I got the bracers and from motherlode then remo spawn just after that in the same place while still fighting the enemies of motherlode ,but from remo nothing got troll loot
    7/19/2014 in dwarvenvalley no weapon from beholder and it take more then 2 hours before you see beholder,if you are lucky
    9/4/2014 the mainhand is a myth for me,I dont think it exist and beholder is on vacation
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've gotten bracers from Raiding the Raiders in Icewind Pass and from the Black Ice Beholder in Dwarven Valley.

I've also gotten a Black Ice Main Hand Weapon from a mid-level HE in Dwarven Valley. So those can drop Epic gear, but it is rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Got my gloves from Remo and Raid the Raiders. Both were for class I was playing with.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The general rule is gloves drop from Remo and Raid the Raiders, main hand drops from Prospectors Attack and Black Ice Beholder. Others have an extremely small chance of dropping them.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've got 1st main hand from Beholder and 2nd main hand from undead invasion (did invasion alone so...)
  • Options
    kuskusgilakuskusgila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    Just farm the encounters with blue and purple light beam. You'll get your equip eventually.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've gotten my Black Ice Bracers three times IN A ROW from the Remorhaz. Which isn't that great for me, because what the hell am I going to do with three bracers besides Salvage? I want my mainhand! lol x)
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I got my gloves from remorhaz twice, I also got gwf's off hand (wich is not my class)
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Anyone figured out if the black ice gloves only drop from the Epic Heroics (the big ones like Remorhaz or Black Ice Beholder), or can it be any heroic? Do they only drop in Icewind Pass or can it be Dwarven Valley?

I've seen precious little info on this and cannot piece together a pattern from those people I know who've already found them.

After the last maintemance Drop rate has been nerfed, now u have 1%chance to get it and not guaranteed it''ll be for your class so make the maths 1/5 = 0,20% chance to get it for ur class since there'r 5 classes, same for artefacts drop but it is about 0,5%
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    After the last maintemance Drop rate has been nerfed, now u have 1%chance to get it and not guaranteed it''ll be for your class so make the maths 1/5 = 0,20% chance to get it for ur class since there'r 5 classes, same for artefacts drop but it is about 0,5%

Highly doubt any of that is actually true.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Where did you get the numbers from to reach this conclusion?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? THIS is their answer to the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> code that was handing out multiple bracers to some people and none to others? Are the programmers actual chimpanzees? You know the best part? I don't even intend to wear the Black Ice as my actual armor, I just want it for vanity, because the stats are inferior to High Vizier for a CW.

Oh dear, I went and said something negative, so how long do you think it will be before they remove this thread? Any bets?

You are freaking out about numbers that dude pulled from thin air.In the 4 days since the last patch I somehow doubt he has run the thousands of epic HE's necessary to compile a meaningful % chance for epic drop rates.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    that RNG is a joke, at the message said, it was intended for 8-9 players for decent chance of rewards, but right now, i saw 25-30 players and more coming from other instances, made some vanishing/reappearings, created impossible chance to get any weapons or gaunts as rewards, and i killed so many wrights and lot of damages to beholder and i end up getting 25 black ices, instead of having +75 ices and blue /or purple rewards.

with too many players at once, the rewards get screwed and spread out and less rewards. devs really need to change the rewards and put those in other form for quests and craftings, and add gauntlets on merchant.

i am concerning in next 1 or 2 years, when newer players to play Neverwinter and these zones will be almost a ghost-town with 2-3 players and they cant do epic encounters and feel incomplete.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The loot pools that these items drop from are heavily diluted by other items (especially the epic tier drops). Every time I get epic rewards from an heroic encounter it's a bound Hammerstone item for another class (as if I'd use it anyhow...) or an epic craft mat for ice shaping.

In the end I think they intended for you to complete the set throughout playing for 35 or so days (the length of the campaign). I think when that time comes around most characters will not have a full black ice set.

From what I've observed the reward tiers for the major and epic encounters work on a timer (not a damage meter). When 20-40 people zerg an epic it cuts the amount of time that encounter takes considerably. Most people there will get lowest drops even if they were among the first there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Just making maths and asking on zone to see how many ppl got it after maintenance.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

there'r also a patch note for the drop rate nerf
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    there'r also a patch note for the drop rate nerf

Where do you see that? There is a note about quantity of items that drop from heroic Encounters but they are talking about the stuff on the ground to improve the lag.
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kuskusgila wrote: »
    Just farm the encounters with blue and purple light beam. You'll get your equip eventually.

That is what I am doing now and hope to get my TR dagger and Glove. :o
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That is what I am doing now and hope to get my TR dagger and Glove. :o

Unfortunately, us rogues are almost never going to get it if CWs and GWFs keep zerg rushing the points. They have a lot more AoE damage than us. I got my main hand dagger before the patch and now after spamming countless encounters, I've never gotten any good drop unless I was there MUCH earlier than everyone else and actually dealt some damage alone.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    haven112 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, us rogues are almost never going to get it if CWs and GWFs keep zerg rushing the points. They have a lot more AoE damage than us. I got my main hand dagger before the patch and now after spamming countless encounters, I've never gotten any good drop unless I was there MUCH earlier than everyone else and actually dealt some damage alone.

They have a lot more single target damage too sadly (or possibly it is more apt to say they will do more damage to a single target than we can in the same time for those that want to be particular about it).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They have a lot more single target damage too sadly (or possibly it is more apt to say they will do more damage to a single target than we can in the same time for those that want to be particular about it).

Yeah, I noticed that too. TR mainly is a single target DPS, which doesn't do well in HE compare to other classes and now a well geared GWF is able to due more damage on a single target than TR.
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    edited May 2014

Congrats on getting your main hand dagger. :) Yeah, I have doing HE alots over the weekend and my damage is not high enough to get the EPIC reward (If the award is based on the totally damage your toon due in the HE), all I got was just black ice. :( I am not sure how long or how lucky will I ever get my main hand dagger.
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Congrats on getting your main hand dagger. :) Yeah, I have doing HE alots over the weekend and my damage is not high enough to get the EPIC reward (If the award is based on the totally damage your toon due in the HE), all I got was just black ice. :( I am not sure how long or how lucky will I ever get my main hand dagger.

Thank you! But yet again, I was extremely lucky. I got it in a Prospector Attack encounter in Dwarven Valley where there we finished it with only a GF and a low-geared GWF. So there you go. I only got it because compared to the GF or the low-geared GWF I had better gear. If the GWF had equal gear to me, I would have definitely not gotten it. I can't believe how lucky I was that no one else decided to show up to help us. If they did they would've made the encounter easier but then I wouldn't have gotten my main hand dagger! This was before the stupid nerf that Cryptic did. I'm sure that if they did not do this, all of us would not be complaining on the forums trying to get their attention.

In my opinion, I propose that Cryptic either creates a system where you get tokens from these encounters if you perform a medium amount of damage or healing (tokens), or do it so that if you surpass a certain threshold of damage during the encounter and enter it during stage 1, then and only then you are allowed to participate in the chance to get the item. That would compltely resolve the problem of zerg rushes. Sure, people would still zerg rush, but at least this way, zerg rushes would not prevent almost everyone who isn't a GWF, CW, or DC from getting their items unless they have the perfect rank 10s, legendary enchants that are all about damage and not defence, max damage active bonus companions, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In my opinion, I propose that Cryptic either creates a system where you get tokens from these encounters if you perform a medium amount of damage or healing (tokens), or do it so that if you surpass a certain threshold of damage during the encounter and enter it during stage 1, then and only then you are allowed to participate in the chance to get the item. That would compltely resolve the problem of zerg rushes. Sure, people would still zerg rush, but at least this way, zerg rushes would not prevent almost everyone who isn't a GWF, CW, or DC from getting their items unless they have the perfect rank 10s, legendary enchants that are all about damage and not defence, max damage active bonus companions, etc.

It is a nice suggestion. For the time being, I guess I will have to just keep doing those HE and need lots of luck! :rolleyes:
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Sorry for the double post.
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I don't know if the reward is damage based, the second time I got my gloves I was lagging so hard that I almost didn't manage to attack remorhz (or maybe I did attack him but I couldn't see that lol)
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    I don't know if the reward is damage based, the second time I got my gloves I was lagging so hard that I almost didn't manage to attack remorhz (or maybe I did attack him but I couldn't see that lol)

Pretty sure it is. Most of the people I know who have multiples are CWFs. Because, you know, those are two classes that really needed the leg up in this game.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd also add that I don't know a single DC that has them yet.