test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Drops

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    I'd also add that I don't know a single DC that has them yet.

I got gauntlets with my DC on Preview - nothing so far on the live server, despite spending the whole weekend playing HEs.

If the chance is indeed damage/healing based, I guess it is time for me to stop being nice and stop buffing/debuffing altogether - and focus just on my own healing/damage.

Let's see....

...instead of HP I would use my MH set....less buffing..more crit hits and heals.

...instead of a terror enchant, I would use my vorpal....less debuffing - more crits for me, right ?

...instead of casting Divine glow, I would cast Forgemaster's flame....less buffing, more heals and damage.

... and yea, no running around resurrecting people that die, I guess...

Is the pure selfish approach the only realistic one - the only one that will give me credit to allow me to eventually get the gauntlets/mainhand?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it is. Most of the people I know who have multiples are CWFs. Because, you know, those are two classes that really needed the leg up in this game.

It is not. I have a 17.7K P. Vorpal GWF and a 16K P. Vorpal CW both with Fallen Dragon weapons - trust me, those guys hit hard, very hard. I haven't gotten, however, a single piece of armor/weapon with them, even though I've done many Epic HE.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Not so sure about that...I tend to top the charts in Damage Dealt with my CW main on a regular basis, and if the fact I always seem to draw the lion's share of aggro is any indication, I've been doing it in these HE's as well.

This.

I don't think there is any real logic to how the troll loot works. I just did Black Ice Beholder today with my CW and I was there very shortly after it started and dished out a TON of damage and got the troll loot.

I think there are some serious issues with whatever method they use to make that determination.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    This.

I don't think there is any real logic to how the troll loot works. I just did Black Ice Beholder today with my CW and I was there very shortly after it started and dished out a TON of damage and got the troll loot.

I think there are some serious issues with whatever method they use to make that determination.

I'd love some sort of fix for this. I've been running HE's like crazy and still need gloves and the main hand. I'm also a strong DPS (HR and GWF), Rank 9s, P. Vorpal/GPF.

Going to keep up the grind.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Let's see....

...instead of HP I would use my MH set....less buffing..more crit hits and heals.

...instead of a terror enchant, I would use my vorpal....less debuffing - more crits for me, right ?

...instead of casting Divine glow, I would cast Forgemaster's flame....less buffing, more heals and damage.

... and yea, no running around resurrecting people that die, I guess...

Is the pure selfish approach the only realistic one - the only one that will give me credit to allow me to eventually get the gauntlets/mainhand?

Yup, that's what I'm doing.
    edited May 2014
    I'd love some sort of fix for this. I've been running HE's like crazy and still need gloves and the main hand. I'm also a strong DPS (HR and GWF), Rank 9s, P. Vorpal/GPF.

Going to keep up the grind.

I'm having trouble with my 16k pvorp GWF as well. It's so hard to even get to the 150 reward in those medium HEs that I'm close to ignoring them at all unless I start off the HE alone and have a legit chance to finish in the top 3.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually DCs have a high chance of getting their gear because as the Devs said Healing and Damage taken would be calculated. With 20+ people standing in the red circles + your Astral shield it would be ridiculous for the DC not to do much contribution. DCs have it made in Heroic encounters.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So there is a feild medic reward as well as a painiver? Is there a living dead? Because I ahve both on my HR and GWF but cannot get gloves on my GF. It is only frustrating because of the Kessel requirement. Which means you score the drop or are denied end game content...
    edited May 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Actually DCs have a high chance of getting their gear because as the Devs said Healing and Damage taken would be calculated. With 20+ people standing in the red circles + your Astral shield it would be ridiculous for the DC not to do much contribution. DCs have it made in Heroic encounters.

Most HEs nowadays are a wild zergfest in which the mobs go down like your average PUG against a premade. Not much healing needed. The change makes sense if you actually run the HEs with the intended number of players though.
  • harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    Nice to meet you!

Got both bracers and main hand in one day. (Has nothing to do with me, the lewt fairy seems to love me.)

DC is one of the easiest classes to get the 150 BI reward. People will always stand in red, so I put an astral shield there. Div. FF on the boss, and sunburst in mobs. Seal on everything. Presto.

Lol, you are a very smart DC. ;) Congrats on your bracers and main hand. :)
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

edited May 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »

If this is the case, then TR will have a much lower chance of getting the bracers and/or MH as TR is mainly a single target DPS class.
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It's just more RNG. I do IWD on 3 toons mostly, GWF/TR/CW. GWF is a beast. CW is still dishing out serious damage even with low Int and PvP spec. TR is meh for PvE obviously.

On neither of these toons I got any BI gear on maybe 150 HEs.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't know how many of these HE I did. I have over 400 of the crafting items from the drops ranging from uncommon to epic. I finally got a purple glove on Remo just now and I will be damned if it wasn't that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hammerstone junk and not the one needed. Talk about a tease and then a big letdown.
  • purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If it's BoP, they could at least give you your class loot if you are lucky enough to get the gloves. I have had 3 x GWF gloves so far and had to salvage them all.
  • shinslithershinslither Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really wasn't looking for the drops, hadn't paid much attention to it. I'm not a high end player, I haven't run every Epic Dungeon...I don't have a High Vizier anything for my CW's...but I was having fun running the new content. I can solo a couple of the smaller encounters, but when others show up I am reminded of just how bad my DPS really is. That being said I stumbled into a Remorhaz encounter last night. There had to be 30 people there. I just started flinging out some spells, drop a meteor or two in the general direction of the big bad guy. Shoot at some of the little guys and run like hell when they start frying me up. I'm fairly certain I was NOT at the top of the damage chart...heck, I showed up when the big guy was at 75% or so, but I stuck it out to the end...and the Bracers dropped for me. I was rather happy about it, did a quick check to see that the ONLY place I could get that was from an encounter so I was even happier.

So...all this being said I don't know what the criteria for having something drop for you is, but it probably is not damage because there was no way I was anywhere near the top of that chart. I won't speculate further because I honestly have no idea, I'll leave the number crunching to others and just go back out there and kill stuff.

-Shin
  • arianrrhodarianrrhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As I suspected and regardless of whether any devs said damage or healing has something to do with it, this here pretty much proves it is utterly, painfully random. And prior to this thread I had no idea that the Black Ice gloves for a different class could drop for you...I have no words to adequately describe that level of stupidity.

I more or less AM a high end player, my main CW with 16K GS, P. Vorpal plus decked out Stone, all 9's and 10's in enchants, full High Vizier with Thaumaturge capstone build. Trust me when I say I can dish it out. I have now gone from HE to HE for hours at a time, as well as doing a number of Totem of Auril and others by myself, hitting all the areas daily since this expansion went live plus general grinding. And no Bracers have dropped.

Whatever the current method or math for determining drops, it absolutely needs to be changed, especially when those Gloves are a necessity to complete a Black Ice set. It isn't as though this is just fishing for a coveted unique piece of gear we don't really need. The simplest and quickest solution would be to make the Gloves BoE instead of BoP...and let some make it into the Auction House. At this point I'd scrape together whatever it took to buy some just to end the tedious, unproductive madness of grinding Icewind Dale.

I have been farming these encounters since they opened. I'm a rogue! I can't do that much damage in an encounter! I have done over 20 of these encounters a day for at least 13 days. RNG huh? How bout nothing! No purple anything! Not even something for the wrong class!

It's just not right! I mean, we need these gloves or the dagger, to have 20% black ice resistance! It shouldnt be this frustrating, or difficult to aquire! I don't mean to QQ, but seriously, This sucks!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What makes it worse is that you actually need 3 pieces of black ice gear to get into kessells at the moment because the 20% requirement is broken it is actually over 20% , so anybody counting on getting the gloves to be over 20% is screwed xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If the Cryptic devs could simply put the main hand and gloves into the shop where you can buy the others... that'd be great. No more complaining, no more frustration about zerg rushes, no more people getting annoyed because their damage is too low. Problem solved. Make the gloves and main hand in the shop BoP and make everything else that you get from a heroic encounter BoE so you could make a ton of people happy, darn it!
  • unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    haven112 wrote: »
    If the Cryptic devs could simply put the main hand and gloves into the shop where you can buy the others... that'd be great. No more complaining, no more frustration about zerg rushes, no more people getting annoyed because their damage is too low. Problem solved. Make the gloves and main hand in the shop BoP and make everything else that you get from a heroic encounter BoE so you could make a ton of people happy **** it!

I am with haven112, we farm together most weekends and I run about 6 hours a day farming majors and epics as a TR, no glove drop however come on others get the glove 7x over. I messaged akromatik on the forums, I would suggest everyone do the same until they look into the issue.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here's an idea. Put it in a shop that trades for a R9 Black Ice enchant. Because I've been trying to get those *censored* gloves long enough to build one.
    edited May 2014
    From the discussion, it seems like the drop is really random and we need lots of luck to get the Gloves and MH.
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure the Devs are aware of this issue. I'm just hoping it will be implemented on Thursday...? *crosses fingers*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    purp4 wrote: »
    If it's BoP, they could at least give you your class loot if you are lucky enough to get the gloves. I have had 3 x GWF gloves so far and had to salvage them all.

Are you sure they are BI gloves? The 2 gloves and 2 MH I got are for my classes (CW, TR, GWF). Didn't know BI gear can drop for another class....

I did however get other class' Elk tribe gear which are all BOP. The 1 Hammerstone gear I got is BOE though...

And prior to this thread I had no idea that the Black Ice gloves for a different class could drop for you...I have no words to adequately describe that level of stupidity.

If this is true, then yeah...
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Okay folks, damage is not the only consideration in "earning a chance" to receive black ice gloves/gauntlets and black ice main hand. Yes healing counts, buffing and debuffing counts...and participation in the what script is actually telling you to do. Let me say this again...participating in what the script is telling you do.

In these enoucnters, when you have to do certain things like mine black ice with the remorahaz, or revive a prospector that has fallen, people just stand around doing other things and not what the script is calling for.

On my HR, I have now gotten gloves X 4, and main hand X 7.
    On my NEW GWF Test ALT, today will be his 3rd day in IWD, he has already gotten gloves X 2.

I participate in every phase of the encounters. I do not ignore what the script is calling for. It tells you in your little quest window on the right side of your screen.

My CW, TR, DC, CW, are all retired, so do not use them.

On both of these

Also, you only have a chance to get an epic drop, if you meet the participation threshold, the higher your TOTAL the better your chances. It does take all things into consideration.

Second thing of note, the more people that show up, or get invited to the instance, the harder it is going to be to reach the threshold to trigger the chance of an epic drop.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    re7joice wrote: »
    i think black ice gear drop only for your class. if dropped gear not for your class it is elk tribe or hammerstone gear, not black ice gear.

Has that been changed then? I have not gotten any BI drops (only a single Hammerstone) despite spending most of last weekend in the HEs - playing countless epic ones, but on the Preview server I did get gauntlets for GFs ... and I'm a DC.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited May 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Okay folks, damage is not the only consideration in "earning a chance" to receive black ice gloves/gauntlets and black ice main hand. Yes healing counts, buffing and debuffing counts...and participation in the what script is actually telling you to do. Let me say this again...participating in what the script is telling you do.

In these enoucnters, when you have to do certain things like mine black ice with the remorahaz, or revive a prospector that has fallen, people just stand around doing other things and not what the script is calling for.

On my HR, I have now gotten gloves X 4, and main hand X 7.
    On my NEW GWF Test ALT, today will be his 3rd day in IWD, he has already gotten gloves X 2.

I participate in every phase of the encounters. I do not ignore what the script is calling for. It tells you in your little quest window on the right side of your screen.

My CW, TR, DC, CW, are all retired, so do not use them.

On both of these

Also, you only have a chance to get an epic drop, if you meet the participation threshold, the higher your TOTAL the better your chances. It does take all things into consideration.

Second thing of note, the more people that show up, or get invited to the instance, the harder it is going to be to reach the threshold to trigger the chance of an epic drop.

Thanks for the information, will try your suggestion and see whether I am lucky enough to get my gloves and MH. :)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

edited May 2014
    Mmk, well I'm not sure exactly who you are or how it is that you supposedly have the "inside scoop"

He tested the HE's extensively on preview before it went live and due to the small number of players on preview it is a much more controlled environment , not just dozens of random players coming and going plus most of the time the other players doing the HE's with him were all in his party so he could get a rough idea of who did what and what drops they got for doing it.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mmk, well I'm not sure exactly who you are or how it is that you supposedly have the "inside scoop", I don't see a Perfect World logo next to your name, but assuming what you say is true, that still doesn't obviate the need for a change. I myself HAVE followed the "script" multiple times...releasing prospectors, mining black ice, tending injured wolves, etc, often when almost no one else was bothering to do those things. And it has made exactly ZERO difference.

So if you're getting those kinds of results on drops, I can only say that it's as much unadulterated luck as anything else, and good for you. That still doesn't change the fact Cryptic did not think this through before letting it go live, and they owe it to us (and themselves) to investigate further.

I never said I had anything to do with PWE. These are things we learned on preview as well as dev comments in the preview section and during various play with the devs on preview through out mod 3.

Take it or leave it, it is not my issue. The drop rates are fine.

On preview it was a much more controlled environment. There was a lot of tweaking and fixing the HEs and the drops. We were grouped and we played on preview every day of mod 3 testing.

I am sorry you have not gotten the drops you want, but take it or leave it, it is not my issue. The drop rates are fine.

Oh and the reason this test GWF on live I made has not gotten his main hand yet, is I have not done the ONLY particular HE in IWP that drops the black ice main hand.
  • haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Note. He said he got this on his HR and GWF. Those two classes do NOT have a problem dealing AoE damage or burst damage. TRs cannot deal as much damage in as wide an area as those classes. Also, think of the GFs. They deal even less DPS! Furthermore, the only time I ever got a purple item to drop today (which thanks to Cryptic's lovely teasing game mechanic) gave me a purple item that I did not need for my class but for a GF! This all happened solely because I was in a small group and with what seemed to be GWFs that were low-geared, because they were not dealing a lot of damage compared to me.

Cryptic, for the love of God, just bloody put the gloves and the main hand (or at least the gloves!) into the shop where you can buy the others and lets be done with all these complaints from the community. You want to have happy players that play your game instead of being constantly frustrated? Just put AT LEAST the gloves into the shop. Believe me, you will make a LOT of people happy.
    edited May 2014
    Ok, and...? That's great, and makes no difference whatsoever in the live server, where people ARE zerging the encounters in droves. So either we have to wait around til the numbers drop off (maybe never) or pray that there is some new mechanic put in place to allow for purchase.

And because he tested it on preview which is exactly the same system as live he knows what you need to do to maximize your chances of getting a drop ,he was trying to give you tips on having a better chance to get the drops you are whining about , he has had numerous drops for his class by using what he learned on preview , I've had 3 mainhands and 2 gloves for my CW using what I learned on preview , no idea why he would bother to help you with your attitude though but whatever , also the chances of them adding the bracers and mainhand to the shop are next to nil.