test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Drops

Comments

• Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Hope there's a fix soon.

Here is a prime example the ability to come up with a quick fix: Black Ice Corrupts Marketing Team.... They give you a reward of BI for transferring in zen. Give me my black ice gloves as a reward to transfer in zen im all for it. Ill go out to the store tomorrow!

Come on just move them into the black ice shop, charge double or triple the black ice for them I don't care, farming for weeks is preventing me from doing my other 3 PVP campaign tasks.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    Checked out the patch notes, last patch they reduced the drop rate of items falling on the ground which had some sort of adverse affect on BI Epic Drops from EPIC / Major HEs..

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140520a.4
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.

Great so something else might even make the drops worse than they are now.... Good Greif
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Hey guys,

So, I've been monitoring this thread, collecting your important feedback, and talking with the devs (a lot) about this issue. You all have my personal assurance the appropriate parties have been made aware that some classes are obtaining Black Ice Gauntlets more easily than others. I can also say that we are doing our best to come up with a solution.

I also wrote myself a little note, so I won't forget to keep bringing up the issue...

200a49c.jpg

A few things I would like to note though:
    - It is 100% possible to obtain Black Ice Gauntlets for all classes. (We checked it.)
    - Epic Encounters, such as "The Remorhaz", "Supply Raid", and "Prospector Attack", are more likely to yield the Gauntlets in question.
    - You guys are always welcome to PM with any constructive feedback :)

• Options
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey guys,

So, I've been monitoring this thread, collecting your important feedback, and talking with the devs (a lot) about this issue. You all have my personal assurance the appropriate parties have been made aware that some classes are obtaining Black Ice Gauntlets more easily than others. I can also say that we are doing our best to come up with a solution.

I also wrote myself a little note, so I won't forget to keep bringing up the issue...

200a49c.jpg

- It is 100% possible to obtain Black Ice Gauntlets for all classes. (We checked it.)
    - Epic Encounters, such as "The Remorhaz", "Supply Raid", and "Prospector Attack", are more likely to yield the Gauntlets in question.

Thanks Akromatik,

I know I have been a haunt via PM and Posting, but man 3 weeks of farming causes me the need to smash my head into the table. Its not fun :/ I want to enjoy other areas but I can not until I get my gauntlets :)
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    FYI, there are adjustments being made now that we should be able to get out next week for you guys. No details yet.
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    FYI, there are adjustments being made now that we should be able to get out next week for you guys. No details yet.

This is excellent news :D!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    panderus thank you for listening to our feedback man!!! it is greatly appreciated to help out us single target DPS folk!!!
  • Options
    purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any info on what increases your chance of getting the purple drop? I am a healer and do a lot of healing, rezzing our dead, collecting ice/food/chests etc and a little bit of damage.

Is it pure damage on the boss or anything that spawns?
    How is healing/buffing/debuffing numbers compaired to damage numbers?
    If I debuff the mob 30% so everyone does 30% more damage do I get any recognition for this in the drop rate?
    If I am helpfull and rezz everyone is this recognised in loot returns?
    Does running around doing the questing part i.e. collecting the horses/food/chests etc add to the drop rate?
    Does having more than 10 people attacking, lower the drop rates?

I ask this because I am getting green rewards every encounter and I am very often the first to pull and run around like a head-less chicken slowly killing them until reinforcements arrive.
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Good because as it currently stands, this blows
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't know what all this screamin is bout. I've had 3 characters get gloves(bracers) in the last couple days. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Mmk, well I'm not sure exactly who you are or how it is that you supposedly have the "inside scoop", I don't see a Perfect World logo next to your name, but assuming what you say is true, that still doesn't obviate the need for a change. I myself HAVE followed the "script" multiple times...releasing prospectors, mining black ice, tending injured wolves, etc, often when almost no one else was bothering to do those things. And it has made exactly ZERO difference.

So if you're getting those kinds of results on drops, I can only say that it's as much unadulterated luck as anything else, and good for you. That still doesn't change the fact Cryptic did not think this through before letting it go live, and they owe it to us (and themselves) to investigate further.

Same here, I did followed the "script" yesterday when I am doing the HE and the result is still the same, No Gloves, No MH, only a small amount of Black Ice.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    He tested the HE's extensively on preview before it went live and due to the small number of players on preview it is a much more controlled environment , not just dozens of random players coming and going plus most of the time the other players doing the HE's with him were all in his party so he could get a rough idea of who did what and what drops they got for doing it.

Ah, thanks for the update. Guess I will really have to pray hard to my toon Deity, Tymora. :p
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thing is it restricts access to the content. I still have not gotten my VT boots but it does not prevent me from runing mod2. But since BI gear is necissary for some sections of Mod3.........
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i think it is a matter of rng similar to DD chest vs getting a drop from a boss
    epic encounters have a higher drop rate (rem, raid the raiders) while the others give a small chance

Things that are certain:
    if you arrive later like 50% hp you will most likely get 25 raw black ice
    as long as you are actively participating early on, you have a chance at your arms

i think all of this most dmg/most healing is not a huge factor if it is even in one, it's just your day to day boring old rng hating on you.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just a small note... I'm a DC, and like many others of my class I have been getting a bit annoyed about not getting my gauntlets or main hand. However, today I got the main hand, but not in Dwarven Valley like the item description says, but in Icewind Pass - the Prospector Attack HE, to be exact.

As a side note, I was really careful to "follow the script" as mentioned above...that might have made a difference.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    8 days now try to get gloves.....no succes.
    I've done dozens of different HE,only what i have get is 2 epick profession material.
    Really frustrating,lost lot play time for these stupid gloves.
  • Options
    whitechimneyswhitechimneys Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a TR I too have done many many hours farming gloves and main hand (more than 40) and countless encounters but I would like to reinforce what a few people have said here already and share something I discovered yesterday.

Do the Raid the Raiders event. You need to be there early - run straight to horses and while you are there set hay bales on fire. Phase 2 then pops and all the mobs in the tent beside the horses disappear - run straight into tent and loot the three chests and the food barrel outside. Then run back to the other side of the horse area and loot the other barrel (the one everyone misses).

Once this has been done (there are a few other barrels/chests that the zerg will get) the Barbarian Chief spawns - just wail away on him and keep out of the red stuff and voila.

After many days of nothing I got gloves twice in three attempts doing this. Furthermore I told a CW friend (Quick Ben) who had also been fruitlessly farming since day one who did exactly the same method and he got his gloves at the first try.

As a TR this is honestly your best shot at the gloves. You can do the horses, hay and chests even if there is nobody else present then call for backup in the usual way. (invis is your friend)

Remorhaz, Beholder etc you have very little chance of improving your luck above basic rng rolls because of the dps zerg but with Raid the Raiders you can be top contributer to event easily.

I am only telling you this because I got my 2 x gloves already and don't need more !

Good luck guys

Bilbo Baggins
    Exodus
  • Options
    atarcanatarcan Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    Have you checked out the patch notes?

"Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance."

Does this include gauntlets/gloves too? By the way, does gloves drop from the boss or do we recieve it from HE reward pop-up (CTRL+F)?
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    atarcan wrote: »
    Have you checked out the patch notes?

"Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance."

Does this include gauntlets/gloves too? By the way, does gloves drop from the boss or do we recieve it from HE reward pop-up (CTRL+F)?

They removed loot drops, not heroic encounter rewards. They're different things - one is the thing that drops in the overworld, the other is the little reward window that pops up after a HE ends.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    The issue is that you suddenly end up with Riders and Gawkers that sit there for the 25 RBI, and which 'contest' your contribution, by just being there, devalueing everything you did.
    Solo or 10 Man a fresh spawn: good rewards
    Have someone out of these 10 shout out the HE on Zone, Custom Channel or Guild chat: Troll loot because of people being ferried in.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That has been clarified as drops on the floor rather than the event reward. The gloves are the event reward!

Bilbo Baggins
    Exodus
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUT, while people are following the script, someone has to hold off mobs, so the poor poeple holding off mobs never get anything? the whole thing is silly and IT should be purchasable instead.

HEs should drop tokens to turn in for the items, so that way everyone still will have to run a few or dozen or two or whatever.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Was giving a method for TR's to get the drops - CW / HR /DC / GWF can get stuff easily with AoE goodness.

TR's have NO CHANCE at all to compete so we need another way. I am not saying I agree with drop rates / methods or anything I am just giving TR's a lifeline. Hence my post

Bilbo Baggins
    Exodus
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While I am glad people are starting to understand these encounters better there are some refinements to particular stats and well as certain strats needed for each class.

As much as I would just love to spell out each encounter, I do not think the devs would appreciate that and it would totally remove the challenge in these encounters.

whitechimneys( plays a TR) has the right of it as I have stated numerous times. You can find my posts scattered thru the forums, as well as you will find me in zone chat as well as tells giving viable strats to each class as well as a whole.

To be honest I get frustated at times in zone chat, and really wonder why I bother. Incidentally my test GWF with just the bare min requirements and only 3 boons, got 2 sets of black ice gloves in his first 2 days in IWP. My HR when I hit up a HE doing dailies almost always gets another glove or bow...He is currently at gloves x 5 and bow x 8 ( black ice ones)

For a DC, you have to use a specific strat to rank up in the "HE reward system", other DCs have already stated it in the forums.

Each class can contribute to the overall success and earn the epic drop rewards. One thing mod 3 is doing is gonna make you think about your classes strengths and weakness, and how to turn them both to your advantage.

And no AOE goodness is not going to get you the drop.

You have to remember if if you earn the right for an epic drop...you have only earned the right for a CHANCE FOR AN EPIC DROP.

On a side note, please see that I said a chance at an epic drop...well I hope you do realize that the elk tribe gear is epic loot. My reasoning here...and just my reasoning when you get an elk tribe gear you could of have also gotten a black ice gear epic drop. To me the elk tribe gear is a booby prize for the black ice gear drops. I have never seen both an elk tribe gear piece and a black ice gear piece be rewarded at the same time, so it is a one or the other.

I am not trying to enflame anyone, this how WORKING AND GRINDING FOR GEAR WORKS. On my CW, back from beta onwards did well over 100 Temple of Spiders Epic runs and NEVER EVER ONCE got a T2 reward. That is called a grind.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While we are on the subject,

Does anyone understand getting bound versions of another classes item?

Is that a bug or working as intended? I have seen it with my own eyes so this is not heresay.

One should always be suspicious of double or triple random mechanics.

Random spawn, Random Drop, apparently sometimes random class?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is being addressed by the dev's, they said something will be done with next weeks patch to improve the drop rate for single target folks GF, TR, DC. (exact details unknown) Fingers crossed that the folks who do not have their gloves have a better chance at earning them or maybe they will just be moved to the BI shop :) I know through a few PM discussions they have admitted the drop rate for the gloves is not what they want at this time.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey guys,

200a49c.jpg

the ol' pride n joy
    http://gyazo.com/48b8daa9986ecb8f35c7d41e628c7211
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Do not forget this either, they said adjustments are being made now!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, not the best news for those classes who are on the outskirts of find a glove:

And I quote from a dev's message -

"Our testing has shown that TRs were easily in the middle depending on powers and spec but could still easily take first place from even CWs depending on the HE.

I think the changes in place will help everyone, but with an emphasis on helping GFs and DCs."

So TR's who are not getting their glove have fun farming for a few more weeks / months...
  • Options
    purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So let me get this straight... As a DC I need to use a certain stratergy otherwise I can't get the gloves. This means without knowing how this loot table works I have to guess for the next 20 years what I am supposed to do to get the gloves. And if it has got anything to do with 50 people hitting on a mob which then lowers your chances then I will never ever get the gloves. Unless I can find an epic in the wee-hours when no one else is online.

If there is a certain stratergy then what is the point in following the script and rezzing dead people which has nothing to do with the skills and feats I have on my hot bar. Am I to pressume that if I need to heal/dps enough to get those numbers high enough then I must not collect Ice/ rezz people etc and let the high DPS'ers do those tasks, then please let us all know so we can stop waisting our time farming for something with no idea what it is you want us to do to get the items (which drop form different zones btw to what the "by location" shows in the campaign window).

I am still wanting to know if debuffing the mob is beneficial to me,the buffer/debuffer {one of our primary roles in this game}, or should I ignore all decent things and stop debuffing/buffing/rezzing/healing and let EVERYONE die so I can get some more "participation" in by myself and go full dps spec.