test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perma Stealth Feedback Discussion

Comments

• js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "you think, you adapt"
    - excuses from a perma tr on how a cw can beat them.

How about showing it? Stop making these non-specific statements.

Go on twitch, go on youtube. Look up top guilds in neverwinter pvp premades.

Look up how many times an elite cw was able to beat an elite tr in 1vs1 node battles. Now what about the opposite?

Until the pvp meta changes, 1vs1 node battles will be a staple in all pvp games.

omg cw cant beat their worst pvp enemy!! *cry*
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

edited March 2014
    CC is the only advantage CWs have in PVP. Damage is pretty low. I know that CWs are supposed to negate tenacity but the difference is really noticeable. For example, no CW uses chill strike anymore even though it has a stun because it's more like a stutter than a stun anymore, and that was a main component of the "perma-stun/send to spawn" combo you keep mentioning. Most use enfeebling ray instead which has zero cc just for some damage (a mild debuff and like 5k damage- yay).

cw damage is low!?!

By the way they dont negate the tenacity just yet, they will tho...

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »

So your rationale is, TR is the CW's foil in PVP and should have a gigantic advantage over it.

And I'm not crying. Just going to bring up the topic over the forums over and over again.

TRs have been nerfed before justifiable and I wouldn't put it past cryptic to see the light and do it again :)
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    truckula wrote: »

Now I will give my opinion regarding being invisible. NW is based on the Forgotten Realms. I have not played the actual RPG, but I have been reading the books since the mid nineties. The laws of magic in the Forgotten Realms state that ANY form of attack immediately dispels invisibility. There are no exceptions for this, including for the gods themselves. (See the avatar quintet for examples of this.) This applies to all types of invisibility including psionics. So if I were making the change it would be that you could remain invisible as long as you want until you attack, at which point it would dispel, I would even give a base damage increase to any attack while invisible. But you would have to stop attacking to go invisible again. Simple and it follows the laws of magic of the realms this game is based on. As I do not play the HR, I am sure other tweaks would need to follow as well, I leave that to the pros to figure out.

I posted that 25 pages ago. No one has yet to event attempt to counter this argument.

Side note if your post includes any mention of "your crying" in any form or fashion I skip to the next post, as I am not interested in your insults as a form of debate. To the others I have enjoyed the lively debate, and have even used some of the advice from you. So thank you.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    truckula wrote: »
    I posted that 25 pages ago. No one has yet to event attempt to counter this argument.

Side note if your post includes any mention of "your crying" in any form or fashion I skip to the next post, as I am not interested in your insults as a form of debate. To the others I have enjoyed the lively debate, and have even used some of the advice from you. So thank you.

Idk what D&D is, I just thought the game's PvP looked cool and came in for that. If you want to talk about removing stealth in that fashion though TR would need a very large DPS boost though. That is a poor way to deal with it though now that so many other changes have taken place around stealth functioning as it is and very unlikely due to the reasons I outlined in a previous post.
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Idk what D&D is,

D&D is Dungeons and Dragons, the original RPG, Forgotten Realms is a sub world in that universe. This game revolves around activities in a portion of the Forgotten Realms.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    cw damage is low!?!

By the way they dont negate the tenacity just yet, they will tho...

Yeah, it is. The only reason we top the dps charts in PVE is because we have few if any caps on the number of mobs we can hit with our AOEs.

When are CWs going to negate tenacity exactly?

If they did, then the supposed advantage they have might actually worth talking about.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the problem is that stealth is the ONLY defense of rogues, we have nothing more, we don't have CC's they don't have prones that we can spam as other classes, most rogues are dead if they are caught of stealth.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    the problem is that stealth is the ONLY defense of rogues, we have nothing more, we don't have CC's they don't have prones that we can spam as other classes, most rogues are dead if they are caught of stealth.

Yeah I mean it's not like they have a 5 second CC-immunity/100% deflect they can pop every 18 seconds or anything.
    edited March 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Idk what D&D is, I just thought the game's PvP looked cool and came in for that. If you want to talk about removing stealth in that fashion though TR would need a very large DPS boost though. That is a poor way to deal with it though now that so many other changes have taken place around stealth functioning as it is and very unlikely due to the reasons I outlined in a previous post.

TR damage should be high. Really high. It should be far and away the best single target damage in the game.

As long as people insist on keeping perma-stealth though, they're going to remain nerfed in other areas to compensate.
    edited March 2014

Yeah well if every class had another class that they can never beat, that might be a thing. It's not though. The rock/paper/scissors thing does not apply to this game.

CW can't beat anybody really except DCs. CW isn't really a viable PVP class anymore. But at least we can fight other classes.
  • kenakthkenakth Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah well if every class had another class that they can never beat, that might be a thing. It's not though. The rock/paper/scissors thing does not apply to this game.

CW can't beat anybody really except DCs. CW isn't really a viable PVP class anymore. But at least we can fight other classes.

This is simply not true. You're making claims on a 1v1 basis, which is not how it works in a true team-setting. The CW class is not the best choice for a 1v1 class, you have that right, but as a roaming support, it's VERY effective. Decent damage potential, and still contributes with CC, even though neither is quite as good as they were before tenacity (this applies to every class, obviously).

If you try to be a lone-wolf CW, of course it's not going to work well... you're wearing a dress. When you are paired up with another though (preferably a tank who can keep the opponents off of you), the CW is still pretty strong.

I would, however, submit that this is completely off-topic for this thread's original purpose. CW's should likely make a thread of their own and discuss their viability in PvP there.
  • bobiwanbobiwan Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I mean it's not like they have a 5 second CC-immunity/100% deflect they can pop every 18 seconds or anything.

Does absolutely nothing against prone, so I don't understand this defense. If a GF or GWF catches me off-guard, without a smoke bomb or dodge ready, I might as well set down the mouse(I don't), as I'll be lucky to escape prone lock before death.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is not my experience with my CW, and I have a lowly gear score and PUG exclusively.

Sure, I get matches where the team is awful and I get focussed down all the time. But where I have time and room to operate I can rack up kills. I can even beat some TRs 1v1. Probably bad ones, but I'll take what I can get. :)
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited March 2014
    TR damage should be high. Really high. It should be far and away the best single target damage in the game.

As long as people insist on keeping perma-stealth though, they're going to remain nerfed in other areas to compensate.

That's the problem. It has gone too far with various TR damage nerfs that it wont be possible to go back anymore. I think at this point we need to just advocate for lesser stealth nerfs and stick with what we have. Otherwise it would be a very long time before they slowly started raising rogue damage again to a reasonable amount after trashing stealth builds. Even then it probably wouldn't reach the potential it should because people have been so outspoken about TR damage in the past.
  • captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do think I reply properly without giving two answers.

PvE: Perma stealth is clearly broken. People exploiting game mechanics to solo epic dungeon bosses. I haven't seen such a broken stealth system in 20 years of playing MMOs. It gives people the ability to completely bypass the intended design and mechanics of a dungeon.

PvP: There doesn't appear to by anyway to pull people out of stealth like other games. Stealth regardless of game just gives to of an advantage if there is no way counter it. I have PvP'd in lots of MMOs and played stealth classes but there was always drawbacks to stealth such less healing, movement penalties and so on. While there is some drawback to stealth it just isn't enough to counter the obvious advantage of being invisable.

Having high damage is one thing but added to fact that TRs are soloing some epic bosses then you have to wonder where the balance is.
    Sure they squishy but so are wizards and they can't disappear in to the ether when they want.

In terms of lore I don't even think it belongs in sword and scorecy game. What does the TR use to disappear in to this air ? Is it magic armor, potions or just plain magic.
    edited March 2014
    bobiwan wrote: »
    Does absolutely nothing against prone, so I don't understand this defense. If a GF or GWF catches me off-guard, without a smoke bomb or dodge ready, I might as well set down the mouse(I don't), as I'll be lucky to escape prone lock before death.

I'm talking CW vs. Rogue. CW's only prone is shard and a rogue can easily make that disappear, not to mention it's very hard to hit someone with it without CC'ing them first.

Anyway, CWs have to fight GWFs and GFs without stealth and the only defense we have is what you have without stealth- dodges.

As for others saying CWs are viable, that's just because the opposing team is bad. I've had games where I rack up 20 kills, but it's just because the other team let me.

CWs are super easy to kill and should be focused on sight. If anyone's letting them live, it's not because the CWs are good, it's because they're bad.
    edited March 2014

PvE: Perma stealth is clearly broken. People exploiting game mechanics to solo epic dungeon bosses. I haven't seen such a broken stealth system in 20 years of playing MMOs. It gives people the ability to completely bypass the intended design and mechanics of a dungeon.

PvP: There doesn't appear to by anyway to pull people out of stealth like other games. Stealth regardless of game just gives to of an advantage if there is no way counter it. I have PvP'd in lots of MMOs and played stealth classes but there was always drawbacks to stealth such less healing, movement penalties and so on. While there is some drawback to stealth it just isn't enough to counter the obvious advantage of being invisable.

Having high damage is one thing but added to fact that TRs are soloing some epic bosses then you have to wonder where the balance is.
    Sure they squishy but so are wizards and they can't disappear in to the ether when they want.

In terms of lore I don't even think it belongs in sword and scorecy game. What does the TR use to disappear in to this air ? Is it magic armor, potions or just plain magic.

Yeah that's true. I keep saying that rogues are nerfed in PVE but I forget that they can solo epic dungeons. Not exactly nerfed.
    edited March 2014

Oh hey, someone who actually argues with logic!
  • barroso986barroso986 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The thing is that there is not a way to counter perma-stealth(except the Lantern of revelation once a min if you will...) and that causes the imbalance and makes it an exaggerated advantage. Same thing with the gwfs knockdownsss-stun combo etc.
    On the other hand cc, which is a cws and hrs advantage, can be countered by powers like unstoppable, and if that isnt enough elven battle enchantment and tenacity make it practically useless in pvp(imo it has been nerfed too much, to the point of ruining pvp for cws).

Now, in theory u could take the various advantages and drawbacks of each class, put them in a group context and say that in the end there is balance, but the truth is that even that sometimes rare full 5vs5 encounter is full of 1on1 situations as all dps target dcs and the squishy cws and here you really want each class to have a way to counter the advantages of the other and not simply be fodder, otherwise we all ought to opt for tanky sentinels...

Tbh the only balance i see atm is that trs and hrs make up in pvp for what they "lack" in pve, while the reverse is true for cws... x)
    edited March 2014
    For the last time, Lantern of Revelation is not a good counter because perma TRs are usually ranged.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    For the last time, Lantern of Revelation is not a good counter because perma TRs are usually ranged.

Not to mention the whooping 3 minute CD
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Of course it is, but you gota make sure it's paired with the invincible Icy Terrain and Steal Time spells ;)
  • bobiwanbobiwan Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is a way to counter perma-stealth actually, and I don't know *why* teams will send 3-4 people to deal with one perma-stealth TR, but I can guarantee you that kind of stupidity is what wins such a perma-stealther the match - you are giving them what they want.
    All you need is 1 non-perma TR. The *other* PVP build. These permas give up so many feat points and encounters to stay in stealth, yet one round of Path of The Blades and they are visible. Once visible, they are dead.
    edited March 2014
    bobiwan wrote: »
    There is a way to counter perma-stealth actually, and I don't know *why* teams will send 3-4 people to deal with one perma-stealth TR.
    All you need is 1 non-perma TR. The *other* PVP build. These permas give up so many feat points and encounters to stay in stealth, yet one round of Path of The Blades and they are visible. Once visible, they are dead.

How to deal with permas 1v1:

Run away and send a different rogue to fight them.
    edited March 2014
    Yeah that's true. I keep saying that rogues are nerfed in PVE but I forget that they can solo epic dungeons. Not exactly nerfed.

This stupid thing again?!

GWF can do the same 10x faster with the right gears...

TR can't solo any dungeon anymore fast as before due to the door they added everywhere... A tr would take 5 hours to finish a epic t2 dungeon witch is far from worth it.

The fact that they 'can' on paper, do it dont make em worthwile in pve.

Please before posting, think, read and think again. This have been discussed about 50 time on this thread. Thanks

edited March 2014
    This thread is just plain filled with the same comment over and over again because people don't take the time to read the threads..

omg tr can solo epic dungeon (yea maybe... in 5 hours)
    the fact is that in group pve, tr will always be lowest damage output with same gears. the only lower one will be dc but thats important.

Omg there is no way to counter perma stealth..
    **** this thread is filled with way to do it, you guys just dont read the forum.. READ IT AND STOP REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN

edited March 2014
    How to deal with permas 1v1:

Run away and send a different rogue to fight them.

or a gwf with frontline surge
    a cw with opressive force

im not going to say other stuff.. GO READ THIS THREAD! Everything is there

edited March 2014
    or a gwf with frontline surge
    a cw with opressive force

im not going to say other stuff.. GO READ THIS THREAD! Everything is there

A CW with oppressive force? You clearly do not play any other class.

First of all, are you suggesting wasting a daily JUST for a CHANCE to SEE the TR? Also, Ranged TRs are immune to this
    edited March 2014
    Just to clarify for everyone a bit.

1) It is already stated that they will be making changes to stealth mechanics. Check the TR class forums under "Potential Stealth Mechanic Changes" to see it. Therefore, there is no point in debating whether or not TR does or does not need a stealth nerf.

2) One of the things mentioned in that statement was they do intend to continue to allow players to be really stealthy if they can have that kind of stealth based build. The proposed changes that were stated do not involve altering stealth duration. We have also seen the recent addition of even more stealth via +30% stealth gear recently. Therefore, rather than debate about significant stealth reduction ideas, (such as making someone come out of stealth completely any time they attack), the discussions should be about changes which would be more practical with the idea the developers are taking (which is not significantly altering stealth duration).

3) The current proposed changes being looked into for stealth mechanics are:

- Making one visible to those they attack from stealth (temporary or permanently for the duration I believe is not stated)
    - Making one's attacks from stealth deal less damage the longer they attack from stealth

Suggested or debated changes should follow similar paths or be feedback in response to the proposed changes.

I do not want limit anyone on what they can say, and people should surely feel free to bring up whatever they desire in this discussion, but it looks like the developers already have a set direction in mind on how they plan to deal with this situation. Feedback or suggestions which coincide with this view probably have a higher chance of getting recognized and implemented in the future.