test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perma Stealth Feedback Discussion

Comments

• williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Nope these are bad nowadays, let the past stay in the past.

Steal Time+Icy Terrain BiS for permas, you can contest points 1vs1 no issues, TRs would avoid CWs with these spells+lantern slotted, even the full r10 guys.

Path of the Blade barely tickles, you can stay in it no issues whatsoever.
    Duelist Flurry no issues, looks silly, damage is bad, CW is safe.
    Shadow Strike? Pfft. So what if it replenishes stealth? No TR is safe from CW AoEs... ever
    Bait and Switch? Kill every dummy you see! Nothing should stay "alive"
    Tenacious Concealment? The CW AoE damage from Steal Time and Icy Terrain so great, this class feat is useless
    Shocking Execution? Barely tickles. Mostly there for the lulz, just take it like a man (since you cannot do anything else) and laugh at the minuscule damage
    Bloodbath? Irrelevant daily. TR does some stuff around the area, nobody cares
    Impossible to Catch? So what, class is already weak and nobody wants to play it. Give them some deflect and immunity. Actually, I'd buff this encounter further.

That's about it I suppose.

Okay, so something YOU YOURSELF said was so integral to pvp, is now invalid, even though you were defending it so vehemently in past threads? like you were called in earlier threads, FLIP FLOPPITY :)
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So you think it's reasonable to have a class you can't attack or see and when you can they're invincible.

Obviously, you like to have unfair advantages or maybe need them to play games, but I know I would feel like I was cheating if I was winning games because I played a perma-rogue.
    I think it's reasonable for people to play a class and use all the powers and features available to that class without childish comments being made about them 'cheating'.

And lol at your feeble attempt to attack me. I don't run a perma build or even anything close.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can we stay in the subject here ?

I dont think any tr would mind a stealth nerf vs a damage boost! Well just need more recovery! mouhahahaha
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

edited March 2014
    Lot's of people in PVP ARE rolling perma-TRs. I'm not because like I said I'd feel like I was cheating if someone wasn't able to fight back against me.

I agree with you on this hamlet. The TR population was primarily perma stealth when even beta was up. The rogue I made in beta neverwinter was dps burst based, and didn't know about perma stealth at the time... when she hit 60, and I tried pvp(this was still before it was live, btw) I was actually complimented, because I didn't use perma stealth. Then had a running chat with the person who explained it in full detail, and I was like, "what?!"
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited March 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    Okay, so something YOU YOURSELF said was so integral to pvp, is now invalid, even though you were defending it so vehemently in past threads? like you were called in earlier threads, FLIP FLOPPITY :)
    I have a sarcasm detector you can borrow. Yours appears to be badly out of calibration. :)
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited March 2014
    I think it's reasonable for people to play a class and use all the powers and features available to that class without childish comments being made about them 'cheating'.

And lol at your feeble attempt to attack me. I don't run a perma build or even anything close.

You stay gold man. Perma stealth is annoying to face, but your right as a player to play it. I don't like it, but will defend your right to use it.
    edited March 2014
    I have a sarcasm detector you can borrow. Yours appears to be badly out of calibration. :)

sorry, maybe it was a bit harsh. but this guy follows me around threads throwing bs my way all the time. seriously, check HIS posts... theyre full of "this is wrong/your stupid/I know what to do and no one else does".

I was just merely citing that, not even a month ago, he had a hissy fit about cw abilities vs hr abilities, and his defense was "if youre not using shard, icy rays, entangling force, conduit as your ONLY cw abilities, your gimping yourself as a cw, and all the best cws use ONLY THOSE POWERS". Just calling out his bull, man.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Edit: Nvm.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Nope these are bad nowadays, let the past stay in the past.

Steal Time+Icy Terrain BiS for permas, you can contest points 1vs1 no issues, TRs would avoid CWs with these spells+lantern slotted, even the full r10 guys.

Path of the Blade barely tickles, you can stay in it no issues whatsoever.
    Duelist Flurry no issues, looks silly, damage is bad, CW is safe.
    Shadow Strike? Pfft. So what if it replenishes stealth? No TR is safe from CW AoEs... ever
    Bait and Switch? Kill every dummy you see! Nothing should stay "alive"
    Tenacious Concealment? The CW AoE damage from Steal Time and Icy Terrain so great, this class feat is useless
    Shocking Execution? Barely tickles. Mostly there for the lulz, just take it like a man (since you cannot do anything else) and laugh at the minuscule damage
    Bloodbath? Irrelevant daily. TR does some stuff around the area, nobody cares
    Impossible to Catch? So what, class is already weak and nobody wants to play it. Give them some deflect and immunity. Actually, I'd buff this encounter further.

That's about it I suppose.

When did you go from hating the rogues as an underpowered CW to a TR buff advocate? lol. I do have to say though, despite my character being severely lacking in gear at the unfortunate moment, the one time I briefly met you in PvP your setup was much more effective than I would've anticipated going against any CW 1v1. Maybe in my brief absence from the game I hadn't run into a truely good CW again yet? Or it looks like CW has better potential now against stealth based rogues than before?

Also you are a much more light-hearted/friendly person in game than I would've anticipated from some of the forum posts from a while back. I feel bad for the small arguments on here in the past.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Hehe I suppose the "subtlety" in my posts is hard to comprehend.

I must do better!
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

"Cheating" is the best way to describe a situation where you win because of an unbeatable unfair advantage. Just because the game mechanics allow for it doesn't mean it's right, or fun.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sorry, maybe it was a bit harsh. but this guy follows me around threads throwing bs my way all the time. seriously, check HIS posts... theyre full of "this is wrong/your stupid/I know what to do and no one else does".

I was just merely citing that, not even a month ago, he had a hissy fit about cw abilities vs hr abilities, and his defense was "if youre not using shard, icy rays, entangling force, conduit as your ONLY cw abilities, your gimping yourself as a cw, and all the best cws use ONLY THOSE POWERS". Just calling out his bull, man.

Lies. All lies. GG on persistent trolling though.
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    When did you go from hating the rogues as an underpowered CW to a TR buff advocate? lol. I do have to say though, despite my character being severely lacking in gear at the unfortunate moment, the one time I briefly met you in PvP your setup was much more effective than I would've anticipated going against any CW 1v1. Maybe in my brief absence from the game I hadn't run into a truely good CW again yet? Or it looks like CW has better potential now against stealth based rogues than before?

Also you are a much more light-hearted/friendly person in game than I would've anticipated from some of the forum posts from a while back. I feel bad for the small arguments on here in the past.

There's someone above that got it tho lol, one person, from so many.

Forums serious business? haha

Nice meeting you :)
    edited March 2014
    Hehe I suppose the "subtlety" in my posts is hard to comprehend.

I must do better!

And I suppose sticking to your guns, and discussing, as opposed to knocking what other experienced players have to say is too hard for you to comprehend too.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Cheating" is the best way to describe a situation where you win because of an unbeatable unfair advantage. Just because the game mechanics allow for it doesn't mean it's right, or fun.
    No, that is much closer to "bad game design" than to "cheating".
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Lies. All lies. GG on persistent trolling though.

Im trolling, because I called out your backtracking and flip flopping?! GG on your persistent lying though.

There's someone above that got it tho lol, one person, from so many.

Forums serious business? haha

Nice meeting you :)

And you were just politely trolling/flaming anyone and everyone who disagreed with your narrow minded views? Lie if I ever saw one.
    edited March 2014
    It can't be cheating unless you're exploiting, and the devs have made it abundantly clear that perma stealth is not an exploit.

Here's a question for you - if my lowly 12k GS toon gets roflstomped by a 16k GS toon, is that cheating as well? After all, the 16k player has an unbeatable unfair advantage over me...
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited March 2014
    It can't be cheating unless you're exploiting, and the devs have made it abundantly clear that perma stealth is not an exploit.

Here's a question for you - if my lowly 12k GS toon gets roflstomped by a 16k GS toon, is that cheating as well? After all, the 16k player has an unbeatable unfair advantage over me...

No, because you can work towards making things even. No amount of work can help you fight perma-stealth rogues on most classes.

Obviously the Devs intend for people to be able to play perma-stealth, but that doesn't change the fact that it's probably the most unbalanced spec in the history of MMORPGs.

The only thing I can think of that comes close is when rogues could 1-shot people from stealth in WoW and when engineering rogues could 2 shot people from range in RIFT. But those cases were fixed.
  • burton673burton673 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    people have posted about stealth being lost when the tr attacks like most other mmos. which may help but the one of the main reason permas are tough to deal with is because the have multiple range abilities.In most mmos the stealth class requires them to be in melee range to do most of their abilities. and in most cases they woulodnt even have any range abilities or ones that were low damage and they wouldnt use. so if they arent in melee range it lessen your chance to detect them. TO me its the combo of perma and range that really makes it more tough to deal with. im not sure what can be done to make it more balanced but just wanted to point out its not just stealth but range with it that almost makes it to where you cant find them.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    burton673 wrote: »
    people have posted about stealth being lost when the tr attacks like most other mmos. which may help but the one of the main reason permas are tough to deal with is because the have multiple range abilities.In most mmos the stealth class requires them to be in melee range to do most of their abilities. and in most cases they woulodnt even have any range abilities or ones that were low damage and they wouldnt use. so if they arent in melee range it lessen your chance to detect them. TO me its the combo of perma and range that really makes it more tough to deal with. im not sure what can be done to make it more balanced but just wanted to point out its not just stealth but range with it that almost makes it to where you cant find them.

Interesting point - is there any necessity for TRs to have a range attack? Any idea of something that could replace with?
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Interesting point - is there any necessity for TRs to have a range attack? Any idea of something that could replace with?

Well they made a pargon path for trs based on range atacks so not sure how you see it...

Anyway...remember PoB? Last viable damage skill for trs? Damage nerf 30% in module 3:) You can laugh now...
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Anyway...remember PoB? Last viable damage skill for trs? Damage nerf 30% in module 3:) You can laugh now...

Where did you get that info ?

• todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The same can be used to describe "incompetence."

Tell me, when CW's chain-CC people from an 80' range and your opponents can't do anything to react while they get sent to spawn, this is what you describe as an unfair advantage, right? So by your standards, your own class is cheating. Goodness, that's just atrocious and should be nerfed.
    No amount of work can help you fight perma-stealth rogues on most classes.

Not with that mindset, no.

It's like this, friend. The TR's Stealth simply eliminates your "range" and allow ourselves to close in on you. We have skills and feats that allow us to extend Stealth, and when built in a certain way, we can extend this even further. In order to attack you, we need to use our At-Wills, sacrificing burst DPS for low sustained DPS. And sometimes we have to go into melee range to attack you, thereby risking our "unfair advantage" towards your class.

Your CW class is a long-ranged, cloth-wearing glass cannon. You're having troubles with us because we eliminate your supposed "advantage" towards the other classes; your range, DPS AND CC, three very deadly factors in PVP when combined. If the chain CC's hit a TR without Stealth, which is the next most squishy class after the CW, they get sent to spawn. But we don't want to get sent into spawn, therefore we use our tools to get rid of your advantage towards us which is Stealth; our ability to negate your range, reduce it to 10' (melee range), and prevent your CC's from landing which is pretty much your main mode of offense and defense. We can do all of that, simply because we are the antithesis of your class, its supposed "perfect counter" because of Stealth.

Obviously this does not pose much of a problem for melee classes who can hold their own ground thanks to their mitigation (HR's, GWF's, DC's, GF's), and it's actually an advantage for them to have the TR close in on melee with the exception of the DC. It's just you guys that tend to have the problems with TR's of mostly any build, not just "permas" (the real ones, mind you), because TR's are the natural counter for CW's.
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Well they made a pargon path for trs based on range atacks so not sure how you see it...

But it can crit now! :) Hopefully it also applies weapon enchants so we can use Vorpal for it.

After which though, I'm confident that skill will get a LOT of complaints.
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »

Deft Strike, one of our encounters, used to be an At-Will in the place of Cloud of Steel. Why the devs changed it, I have no clue. Impact Shot is no longer usable so there's not much point in nerfing it further or replacing it.
    edited March 2014
    But it can crit now! :) Hopefully it also applies weapon enchants so we can use Vorpal for it.

After which though, I'm confident that skill will get a LOT of complaints.

why vorpal, lets use bilethorn !! :rolleyes:

ps: where you get these infooooo !? :P

edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    why vorpal, lets use bilethorn !! :rolleyes:

ps: where you get these infooooo !? :P

Here! Enjoy, js3b. :)

And yeah BT sounds good too but sure crits for 10 seconds on your opponents is a dream. ♥
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Deft Strike, one of our encounters, used to be an At-Will in the place of Cloud of Steel. Why the devs changed it, I have no clue. Impact Shot is no longer usable so there's not much point in nerfing it further or replacing it.

Probably some time in alpha as I remember using Cloud of Steel on closed beta weekend one. (I was getting it confused with the GF's second at will for a while so pretty much used it in the worst way possible, but I did use it.)
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited March 2014
    The same can be used to describe "incompetence."

Tell me, when CW's chain-CC people from an 80' range and your opponents can't do anything to react while they get sent to spawn, this is what you describe as an unfair advantage, right? So by your standards, your own class is cheating. Goodness, that's just atrocious and should be nerfed.

Not with that mindset, no.

It's like this, friend. The TR's Stealth simply eliminates your "range" and allow ourselves to close in on you. We have skills and feats that allow us to extend Stealth, and when built in a certain way, we can extend this even further. In order to attack you, we need to use our At-Wills, sacrificing burst DPS for low sustained DPS. And sometimes we have to go into melee range to attack you, thereby risking our "unfair advantage" towards your class.

Your CW class is a long-ranged, cloth-wearing glass cannon. You're having troubles with us because we eliminate your supposed "advantage" towards the other classes; your range, DPS AND CC, three very deadly factors in PVP when combined. If the chain CC's hit a TR without Stealth, which is the next most squishy class after the CW, they get sent to spawn. But we don't want to get sent into spawn, therefore we use our tools to get rid of your advantage towards us which is Stealth; our ability to negate your range, reduce it to 10' (melee range), and prevent your CC's from landing which is pretty much your main mode of offense and defense. We can do all of that, simply because we are the antithesis of your class, its supposed "perfect counter" because of Stealth.

Obviously this does not pose much of a problem for melee classes who can hold their own ground thanks to their mitigation (HR's, GWF's, DC's, GF's), and it's actually an advantage for them to have the TR close in on melee with the exception of the DC. It's just you guys that tend to have the problems with TR's of mostly any build, not just "permas" (the real ones, mind you), because TR's are the natural counter for CW's.

A CW cannot chain-CC and kill someone without them being able to do anything. Maybe pre-patch, but not anymore now that CC is nerfed as well as damage.

A perma-rogue can and regularly kills someone without them being able to do anything.

"If the chain CC's hit a TR without Stealth, which is the next most squishy class after the CW, they get sent to spawn."

Not if the rogue is in ITC, which they always are if they're not in stealth.

The picture you're presenting would be fine if it were true. If it was only a matter of locating and CC'ing a rogue in stealth for a CW to be able to hurt him, then it would at least be a winnable fight.

With things like ITC though, it turns what would be an interesting disadvantage into a hopeless cause.
    edited March 2014
    A CW cannot chain-CC and kill someone without them being able to do anything. Maybe pre-patch, but not anymore now that CC is nerfed as well as damage.

A perma-rogue can and regularly kills someone without them being able to do anything.

"If the chain CC's hit a TR without Stealth, which is the next most squishy class after the CW, they get sent to spawn."

Not if the rogue is in ITC, which they always are if they're not in stealth.

The picture you're presenting would be fine if it were true. If it was only a matter of locating and CC'ing a rogue in stealth for a CW to be able to hurt him, then it would at least be a winnable fight.

With things like ITC though, it turns what would be an interesting disadvantage into a hopeless cause.

Plenty of cw pwn me on my rogue because they know how to play their class and they know how a rogue play... just saying :)

This is not a discussion about ''cw is weaker than tr so nerf the tr'' this is a discussion about the tr perma stealth ability, not a place to whine about how you cant cc everything to death ....

Not all perma tr use ITC
    You can do something about a tr.. find some ways pls.. Plenty of cw did already... Haa you cant use entangling force, **** lets nerf the stealth so we can entangle them..... NOT

Some people talk about showing the rogue the time he hit the enemy... That mean a rogue attack = a dead rogue... worst idea ever.. I dont mind removing the permastealth, make a full rework and stop the nerf party. Make em viable in pve for a first why not? Remove the perma but give em something back to fight because as it is, remove the stealth you wont see much TR alive in pvp.

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    Plenty of cw pwn me on my rogue because they know how to play their class and they know how a rogue play... just saying :)

Well yeah in mediocre group vs mediocre group PVP games.

Go on twitch, go on youtube. Look up the top PVP guilds fighting each other in premade vs premade.

How many times did a good CW "pwn" a good TR in 1vs1 node battles? Now what about the opposite, how many times did that happen?