test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perma Stealth Feedback Discussion

errantvolleyerrantvolley Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
With tenacity they take less damage. With healing depression their foes heal slowly but they can get out of combat and get full regen ticks. The small window between ITC and stealth is easily healed for them.

Being on point should drain stealth quickly. Let them roam between points immune I guess if you want perma to be a thing. On point, though, its not a reasonable match-up.

I say this as someone who has one of every class at L60 with 14k+ gearscore on all of them. And yes I have a perma stealth perfect bile TR.

Other quick thoughts:
Premades of any size (even 2) should not be mixed with pugs. Its not fun and games should be about fun foremost.
Threatening Rush is still quite spammable.
Healing depression makes pug pvp more fun. Tenacity makes it less fun.

You can add the phrase "to me" to each of these thoughts, of course. This is my opinion.
Post edited by errantvolley on

Comments

• Options
    notalentspaznotalentspaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just a side note regarding Threatening Rush, the animation can still be activated faster with sprint canceling, however the actual number of attacks generated is equal (or actually slightly less) than just holding down your TR button. Did some testing on it yesterday after it looked like it was still stopcasting based on the animations.
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With tenacity they take less damage. With healing depression their foes heal slowly but they can get out of combat and get full regen ticks. The small window between ITC and stealth is easily healed for them.

Being on point should drain stealth quickly. Let them roam between points immune I guess if you want perma to be a thing. On point, though, its not a reasonable match-up.

I say this as someone who has one of every class at L60 with 14k+ gearscore on all of them. And yes I have a perma stealth perfect bile TR.

Other quick thoughts:
    Premades of any size (even 2) should not be mixed with pugs. Its not fun and games should be about fun foremost.
    Threatening Rush is still quite spammable.
    Healing depression makes pug pvp more fun. Tenacity makes it less fun.

You can add the phrase "to me" to each of these thoughts, of course. This is my opinion.

Going to stop you right there friend, healing depression is unavoidable even for a perm tr, any damage, whether in itc or otherwise, or a lingering dot upon restealthing will keep healing depression active

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    errantvolleyerrantvolley Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You are right about healing. Tested it with my TR. Hard to stay stealth long enough for full ticks if actively engaged. Doesn't matter though. Balance shift is strongly on our side because I survive way better now with full six piece tenacity gear, even if stats on them aren't great.

Impact nerf weakens dps but I can compensate. Path of Blade has been most of my dps in the few matches I ran followed by Cloud and then Bilethorn. With duelist immunity gone I have been more reluctant to rely on it so it dropped to only 10% dps across the matches.

Point for the thread, though, is (nearly) perma TR is even stronger. It is never any one change. I still feel that is true. This is unfortunate because I feel this build is unfun and ruins many people's enjoyment of pug pvp. In premade anything goes because we control party composition. Not sure how we will do premade matches with leaver penalty though. That is another topic.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [h=2]Perma Stealth TR are more over powered than ever post patch
    [/h]
    Errr... That was the very point of the patch, wasn't it?
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You are right about healing. Tested it with my TR. Hard to stay stealth long enough for full ticks if actively engaged. Doesn't matter though. Balance shift is strongly on our side because I survive way better now with full six piece tenacity gear, even if stats on them aren't great.

Impact nerf weakens dps but I can compensate. Path of Blade has been most of my dps in the few matches I ran followed by Cloud and then Bilethorn. With duelist immunity gone I have been more reluctant to rely on it so it dropped to only 10% dps across the matches.

Point for the thread, though, is (nearly) perma TR is even stronger. It is never any one change. I still feel that is true. This is unfortunate because I feel this build is unfun and ruins many people's enjoyment of pug pvp. In premade anything goes because we control party composition. Not sure how we will do premade matches with leaver penalty though. That is another topic.

It sounds like your tr is pretty well made? Can you please go into a match where everyone has the best end game builds for comparison? I hate statistics and numbers based on pug matches

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't you worry, Errantvolley. The good news is the developers are planning to rework Stealth overall and make it easier for people to beat TR's in PVP. Since we've been screwed countless of times for PVE because of PVP Q.Q's, we've really got nothing else to lose now do we? More info here. We just have to accept the inevitable reality. I'm hoping the Q.Q's would stop with this rework but I highly doubt it.

Although I'll still play the rogue no matter how much we get nerfed, I personally would like to take this as a challenge and uphold how you guys see TR's, as an overpowered class. There are more stuff to complain about. We can build our TR's to give ITC an effective CD of 5 seconds, and when it's on CD, you guys are Dazed. When you can't be Dazed, you won't see the TR. This is a tested build although it hasn't been released yet. And now that Impact Shot has been nerfed, I'm pretty sure you guys will be seeing a massive resurgence of TR's slotting Lashing Blade and aiming for one-hit kills (LB/ITC/SS Builds). This'll be another good source of Q.Q.

People will always find something to complain about until Stealth effectively gets removed, or significantly gimped just like our list of Powers. :)
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I thought lashing blade had been nerfed too, but maybe it was a long time ago and I'm wrong.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only reason, and this is the only reason, there is Q.Qing about TR's is because of Stealth. It was never about our encounters/skills, it was, and always will be about Stealth.

Nerfing our encounters and skills will not solve this or make it easier to fight rouges as someone, somewhere will rearrange their build to compensate. Stealth still remains and is the reason threads like this will continue.
    Of course, it would appear now, that Stealth is next on the chopping block.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    A puppy dies everytime someone writes "rouges" instead of rogues, we're NOT lipstick. :(
    And actually I remember people complaining a lot about SE before they nerfed it, and that was not about stealth.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    A puppy dies everytime someone writes "rouges" instead of rogues, we're NOT lipstick. :(
    And actually I remember people complaining a lot about SE before they nerfed it, and that was not about stealth.

some still complain about us using execution from stealth xD
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't you worry, Errantvolley. The good news is the developers are planning to rework Stealth overall and make it easier for people to beat TR's in PVP. Since we've been screwed countless of times for PVE because of PVP Q.Q's, we've really got nothing else to lose now do we? More info here. We just have to accept the inevitable reality. I'm hoping the Q.Q's would stop with this rework but I highly doubt it.

Although I'll still play the rogue no matter how much we get nerfed, I personally would like to take this as a challenge and uphold how you guys see TR's, as an overpowered class. There are more stuff to complain about. We can build our TR's to give ITC an effective CD of 5 seconds, and when it's on CD, you guys are Dazed. When you can't be Dazed, you won't see the TR. This is a tested build although it hasn't been released yet. And now that Impact Shot has been nerfed, I'm pretty sure you guys will be seeing a massive resurgence of TR's slotting Lashing Blade and aiming for one-hit kills (LB/ITC/SS Builds). This'll be another good source of Q.Q.

People will always find something to complain about until Stealth effectively gets removed, or significantly gimped just like our list of Powers. :)

I can't wait for a stealth revamp. Hopefully it will be implemented into PvE aswell as PvP, since TR should not be able to solo epic bosses, at all. It lets them effectively earn more AD than the other classes.

Not sure if you or any other rogue has ever played a rogue in different games, one thing i can guarantee you though is, that stealth in Neverwinter grants too many advantages at once (and has no disadvantages, such as slowed down movement). For example: if a rogue in Aion uses stealth, the rogue becomes slower since they're sneaking and don't want to make much noise while doing so. Why do the TR's in Neverwinter become faster in stealth? The norm in other games is also, the Rogue gets a penalty for not being stealthed, usually minus 50-XX% of their damage, when they go into stealth it let's them hit for 100%. Why can Rogues in Neverwinter run around without fearing consequences of not being stealthed (with constant 100% damage, regardless of stealth)?

The list goes on and on. I am glad that the devs are already planning a revamp. Hopefully towards that the TR's stealth-meter depletes on damage dealt (not attacks) and high spike damage should break stealth immediatly, while smaller hits would not deplete an entire bar at once.

Peace.

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The TR class always rides a fine line between overpowered and underpowered. I just had a match against someone I recognize as a very good stealth-focused TR, and he definitely helped his team. It was much more about attrition than about burst, but attrition is a much more effective tactic now that high regen doesn't completely offset it.

However, with everyone becoming even more resistant to damage, tanky characters take so long for a true perma TR to kill alone that it's often not feasible to try. The aforementioned top stealth TR couldn't budge my DC off of a node for fear of dying first (the attrition works both ways, so DoTs are surprisingly effective now).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't wait for a stealth revamp. Hopefully it will be implemented into PvP aswell as PvP, since TR should not be able to solo epic bosses, at all. It lets them earn more AD by exploiting the perma stealth - design flaw(s) than other classes. Not sure if you or any other rogue has ever played a rogue in different games, one thing i can guarantee you though is, that stealth in Neverwinter grants too many advantages at once. For example, if a rogue in Aion uses stealth, the rogue becomes slower since they're sneaking... and don't want to make much noise while doing so. Why do the TR's in Neverwinter become faster in stealth???. The norm in other games is also, the TR gets a penalty for not being stealthed, usually -50-xx% of their damage when they go into stealth it let's them hit for 100%. Why can Rogues in Neverwinter run around without fearing consequences of not being stealthed?

The list goes on and on. I am glad that the devs are already planning a revamp. Hopefully towards that the TR's stealth-meter depletes on damage dealt (not attacks) and high spike damage should break stealth immediatly, while smaller hits would not deplete an entire bar at once.

Peace.
    Have you ever rolled a TR? Or even taken a look at their powers and feats on NWCalc or similar? Because what you are proposing would require the deletion of the existing class and it's replacement with something completely different.

The entire class is built around stealth. It's the class mechanic and a large number of paragon feats actively encourage or require being in stealth as long as possible. In particular there are bonuses for attacking while stealthed, so stopping or discouraging this will break the class completely.

And in those other games where being stealthed makes you move slower the stealth last a lot longer by default. Slow down NW TRs while in stealth and, once again, the class as it exists is broken.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have you ever rolled a TR? Or even taken a look at their powers and feats on NWCalc or similar? Because what you are proposing would require the deletion of the existing class and it's replacement with something completely different. No need, i can read and comprehend tooltips on my own.

The entire class is built around stealth. It's the class mechanic and a large number of paragon feats actively encourage or require being in stealth as long as possible. In particular there are bonuses for attacking while stealthed, so stopping or discouraging this will break the class completely. That's what the TR needs, depleting stealth obviously.

And in those other games where being stealthed makes you move slower the stealth last a lot longer by default. Slow down NW TRs while in stealth and, once again, the class as it exists is broken. I highly doubt it, since i know better.

A revamp is overdue, since last year already to be honest. The Fotm - players once stopped exactly this from happening. If they can do it twice... i don't know/ think so. In the end it will balance the classes out and that's what counts.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You "know better"?

Sorry, but Neverwinter stealth depletes constantly once entered unless the TR is taking actions to refill it.

Games that force slower movement while sneaking allow stealth to be pretty much indefinite unless detected (due to actually having things like spot check mechanics which Neverwinter lacks) or exited voluntarily. They also do not require a meter to be refilled to allow re-entry of stealth, provided other conditions are met, such as being in a shadow or out of line-of-sight.

These aren't bad mechanics, and allow for really interesting tactical play in games that have them, but they are not supported in Neverwinter. To implement them would require an entire rework of the class.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »

Actually, rouge goes on the cheeks.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Technically, blush goes on the cheeks and rouge can refer to lip *or* cheek makeup (though is more commonly used synonymously with blush).

Post moving to "unproductive" in 3.. 2.. 1....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Haha ok I did NOT expect this topic to go this way from my post XD
    But I stand corrected, thanks for the clarify.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    astinus2astinus2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The good news is the developers are planning to rework Stealth overall and make it easier for people to beat TR's in PVP.

There has always been ways to break stealth though with area encounters with every class has there not? I don't see why being able to stealth regardless of the amount of time is an issue since there always has been a counter to it. It's not like people are completely helpless against it correct? If your standing there alone, or an easy mark at the back of a group and don't think to kick one of these encounters off just to check its my fault for putting a knife in your back?

I don't understand the logic. What am I missing here?
  • Options
    tricksterknighttricksterknight Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2014
    I hate to admit this but the post statement is true I played on my rogue tonight ,, and going from Mediocre to average ,,,, to pretty much finishing rfirst and second every round LOL and even 1v1 GWfs straight up,,, yeah a wee bit ,, butttt and heres the but ,, in order for me to have the tenacity required i sacrificed 7K HP let me stress this ,,,, 7 mufggin K hp from my build just to have tenacity and a big loss in my regen ,,,, so ,, might be a balance of course.

and i miss my HP and regen ,, but ,,, it seems more viable to go with tenacity right now. at least from what i can tell,, however Im thinking they nerfed it some cause CWs are stilll able to fling ya up allot ,,,, and hold you still if you let them see you. and Dammit they still didnt fix rooting why the hell not!? lol
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I can't wait for a stealth revamp. Hopefully it will be implemented into PvE aswell as PvP, since TR should not be able to solo epic bosses, at all. It lets them effectively earn more AD than the other classes.

Not sure if you or any other rogue has ever played a rogue in different games, one thing i can guarantee you though is, that stealth in Neverwinter grants too many advantages at once (and has no disadvantages, such as slowed down movement). For example: if a rogue in Aion uses stealth, the rogue becomes slower since they're sneaking and don't want to make much noise while doing so. Why do the TR's in Neverwinter become faster in stealth? The norm in other games is also, the Rogue gets a penalty for not being stealthed, usually minus 50-XX% of their damage, when they go into stealth it let's them hit for 100%. Why can Rogues in Neverwinter run around without fearing consequences of not being stealthed (with constant 100% damage, regardless of stealth)?

Peace.

Hi. Thank you for your contribution to the discussion. We can't have a proper discussion without feedback like yours. Allow me to respond to your post. :)

First and foremost, whenever I play a new MMO, I always go for the class with the Stealth mechanic. I'll play whatever it is that require intelligent and careful planning, the class that carries the most useful bag of utility tricks. I believe I've got a good grasp of what the rogue should be, how they should be played. One thing I can ask you back is have you ever played the Trickster Rogue class, or at least have gotten a good sense of the purpose, advantages and disadvantages of the Rogue Archetype for any MMO? Because if we base things from your comment just now, it doesn't seem like you are that informed about the archetype itself. Let me answer some of the questions and arguments in your post.

1. Rogues are able to solo bosses: Yes. :)
    2. Rogues are able to earn AD more effectively than other classes: No. Let's be realistic, Colonelwing. CW's and GWF's have the best capabilities of earning AD's in the game. They can all group up together and it's easy to find a party for those 2 classes as they can steamroll through end-game PVE content and claim it is not challenging. Who exactly would be willing to party up with a TR for these sort of steamroll runs? It's because you people are destroying PVE that we are forced to earn AD by being "creative." And no, we are not exploiting. We are using our class mechanics to its fullest. We built our characters in such a way through legit means. Not our fault your class doesn't have Stealth.
    3. Stealth has too many advantages: Rightfully so. It's a class mechanic, just like Unstoppable and Mastery.
    4. Stealth in Neverwinter works different from other games: Yes. Because it's a different game, with very different combat mechanics.
    5. Why do the TR's become faster in Stealth: Because we have the class feature Sneak Attack slotted, which increases our movement speed by 30% in Stealth. It eats up 1 Class Feature slot which we could have used for another offensive CF. Tell me, would you much rather have it in its previous un-nerfed version which was to deal 30% increased damage in Stealth? I don't think so, friend.
    6. Why can Rogues in NW run around without fearing the consequences of not being Stealthed?: It seems you truly did not bother learning about any other class other than yours. First and foremost, Rogues are a low AC class, with very little defensive skills other than Stealth and ITC, very little defense in gear, and ZERO true defensive feats. Not being in Stealth, with ITC on CD equates to death.

Wizards have their ranged CC, GWF's have their OP-ness, Guardian Fighters have their block and high defense, Hunter Rangers have their 6 dodges, range and double the encounters any class can have, DC's have their heals. We have our Stealth, it makes AND breaks our class. Tell me, since you seem to have some sort of rough idea about how we should be played, without Stealth what exactly should we do to keep up with the meta where AoE is king for PVE, and survival is king for PVP?

If the devs are planning to balance it, I've got no qualms against it. The only thing we can do when it comes is to provide feedback. We can only hope they do things right. But the tears will never end, trust me. As long as you guys never have it easy, your tears against our class will keep on flowing.

We'll try to make the process faster, though. Lots of other fun ways to play the TR class. Have you guys ever seen a PVP build with ITC only having an effective cooldown of 5 seconds? It's easy to guess what happens within those 5 seconds it's on CD. Anyway, that's just one of them. Lot's of surprising ways one can play a TR. We'll do our best to make sure that people keep on complaining so we get nerfed faster. The wait is just agonizing!
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    All I hear is how HR becomes OP...

never heard a single person complain about TR...

Ofc if you are one of those pug that get trolled by TR 24/7 i believe u will rage...
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And I bet with you that this was never intended by the devs in the first place. The epic dungeons are meant to group up together with other adventurers and meet a challenge where every class fullfills his role to get the chance of epic rewards by teamwork.

Ergo soloing these bosses by using that build is an exploit by definition (sorry to bring this word so often here). We do not want to nerf any class, but please understand that there are many players who are very unhappy about that current situation.

EDIT: And the point is not that we want to remove stealth from the game (when I read though some responses I sometimes have the feeling that people think that), but to finally remove this build from the game, because it is frequently used to exploit in pve and pvp. Other abilities can be changed instead, when it turns out that it becomes unbalanced. But this is an entirely different discussion.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

hahaha wow
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

5. Why do the TR's become faster in Stealth: Because we have the class feature Sneak Attack slotted, which increases our movement speed by 30% in Stealth. It eats up 1 Class Feature slot which we could have used for another offensive CF. Tell me, would you much rather have it in its previous un-nerfed version which was to deal 30% increased damage in Stealth? I don't think so, friend.
    how many nerfs did rogues get........
    6. Why can Rogues in NW run around without fearing the consequences of not being Stealthed?: It seems you truly did not bother learning about any other class other than yours. First and foremost, Rogues are a low AC class, with very little defensive skills other than Stealth and ITC, very little defense in gear, and ZERO true defensive feats. Not being in Stealth, with ITC on CD equates to death.

Wizards have their ranged CC, GWF's have their OP-ness, Guardian Fighters have their block and high defense, Hunter Rangers have their 6 dodges, range and double the encounters any class can have, DC's have their heals. We have our Stealth, it makes AND breaks our class. Tell me, since you seem to have some sort of rough idea about how we should be played, without Stealth what exactly should we do to keep up with the meta where AoE is king for PVE, and survival is king for PVP?
    agreed. even with a lot of deflect, rogues will just die outside of stealth/ITC as everyone spams cc like there is no tomorrow and we can't. deft strike can buy us like 2 seconds though as it's a free re-positioning to someone less dangerous while we wait on cooldowns but not the best form of buying time.
    adernath wrote: »
    And I bet with you that this was never intended by the devs in the first place. The epic dungeons are meant to group up together with other adventurers and meet a challenge where every class fullfills his role to get the chance of epic rewards by teamwork.

Ergo soloing these bosses by using that build is an exploit by definition (sorry to bring this word so often here). We do not want to nerf any class, but please understand that there are many players who are very unhappy about that current situation.

EDIT: And the point is not that we want to remove stealth from the game (when I read though some responses I sometimes have the feeling that people think that), but to finally remove this build from the game, because it is frequently used to exploit in pve and pvp. Other abilities can be changed instead, when it turns out that it becomes unbalanced. But this is an entirely different discussion.

can't gwf's do the same thing if they are really decked out? i am pretty sure i heard about them soloing dungeons just as easily.

the nerf bat is always aimed at rogues :(
  • Options
    fungchaofungchao Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2014
    Now before anyone jumps on the TR nerf train, please do note there are 2 classes of rogues. And us Whisperknives are totally innocent :o
    Shiva TR PVE
    Butters TR PVP
  • Options
    mestremaxmestremax Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2014
    2. Rogues are able to earn AD more effectively than other classes: No. Let's be realistic, Colonelwing...
    3. Stealth has too many advantages: Rightfully so. It's a class mechanic, just like Unstoppable and Mastery.
    4. Stealth in Neverwinter works different from other games: Yes. Because it's a different game, with very different combat mechanics.
    5. Why do the TR's become faster in Stealth: ...
    6. Why can Rogues in NW run around without fearing the consequences of not being Stealthed? ...

1. A class to solo one boss that theoretically should be done with 5 players is something that makes the class be a ready joke.
    2. Let's be realistic. It seems that this was said by someone who does not know the game. Castle Never + TR + Guild + Ring Farm = less AD ?
    3. One thing that seems to be said by someone who does not know the game. This is not how the mechanisms of other classes, other clasees can not stay hidden for a absurd time and it seems not accorded the Damage over Time. Invisible + DoT + Life Steal = Who had this stupid idea?
    4. Say that Neverwinter is different from other games of the genre is something somewhat presumptuous.
    5. ...
    6. Rogues have a skill to be immune to any kind of control it gives him time to run and use the stealth there again get the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ever and ever and ever.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mestremax wrote: »
    1. A class to solo one boss that theoretically should be done with 5 players is something that makes the class be a ready joke.
    2. Let's be realistic. It seems that this was said by someone who does not know the game. Castle Never + TR + Guild + Ring Farm = less AD ?
    3. One thing that seems to be said by someone who does not know the game. This is not how the mechanisms of other classes, other clasees can not stay hidden for a absurd time and it seems not accorded the Damage over Time. Invisible + DoT + Life Steal = Who had this stupid idea?
    4. Say that Neverwinter is different from other games of the genre is something somewhat presumptuous.
    5. ...
    6. Rogues have a skill to be immune to any kind of control it gives him time to run and use the stealth there again get the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ever and ever and ever.
    1. Thank you. Your opinions are valuable to the community.
    2. So what's stopping you from doing the same thing with your guildies? Regardless of class, everyone can do ring farms. Everyone needs a party to enter epic content. Now if we could enter epic content without a party, then that would allow us to effectively earn AD's much more than you guys. But no, we do. And we usually run things similar to how you guys do it; in GROUPS. So tell me, what exactly is so different from TR's who wants a challenge, between a group of 3 CW's and 2 GWF's who steamrolls the entire CN content faster than a TR who can solo the first boss?
    3. God, man. What are you even talking about? Invisible DoT... What... I don't even... What DoT? What Life Steal??? I can make out what you meant by invisible but the others... sorry but you have to make yourself a little more clearer. Right now, me no understando.
    4. It IS different from other MMO games. Forgive my "presumptuousness."
    5. I bet you didn't know this.
    6. Haha. I guess this shows how much you really know about TR's. Thank you for trying to contribute, but I'm sorry, you didn't make much sense.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm fairly new to the game, but I just have to say the perma-stealth rogues are totally ridiculous.

colonelwing makes a great point- in all other MMOs, stealth is a temporary thing with penalties because it's extremely powerful to not be able to see or do anything to another player when he's right next to you.

Usually you can use stealth to get some initial suprise hits, but then you have to leave combat to use it again. Rogues in this game can basically just stay stealthed forever. It's insane and it's no fun at all to play against.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF