What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I might add THIS to this thread. Some yall might recon, the other, who knows. :o

Credits to a Reddit user (idk who he might be).
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I might add THIS to this thread. Some yall might recon, the other, who knows. :o

Credits to a Reddit user (idk who he might be).

oh ho ho! Chainmail for the warlock! This is good news. I was worried that between ranger, druid, rogue, and warlock, we'd have four leather armor users.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    oh ho ho! Chainmail for the warlock! This is good news. I was worried that between ranger, druid, rogue, and warlock, we'd have four leather armor users.

Don't be so sure. The HR gear there is also depicted with chain underneath.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Actually I believe itll be Leather, but everything is subject to change. Its been a long time since it showed up. Really long time. -_-
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Don't be so sure. The HR gear there is also depicted with chain underneath.
    Actually I believe itll be Leather, but everything is subject to change. Its been a long time since it showed up. Really long time. -_-

Dammit, you're right. He said it was DC colors, which probably means he was just using the gear overlayed on his own cleric underarmor. Blah.

I mean, leather is true to 4e, but really? We don't need more leather armor wearers.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Druid Ranger, Nature skill (Melee DPS and Healer, while Cleric is Ranged DPS and Healer)
    Destruction Wizard, Arcana skill (Warlock :U)
    Devoted Paladin, Religion skill (Melee DPS and maybe Tank? Idk.)

I did put existing parts of names, since GF and GWF both have "Fighter" and use the Dungeon skill. This is what I expect, idk. I can't think in another class that would use the Thief skill.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Druid Ranger, Nature skill (Melee DPS and Healer, while Cleric is Ranged DPS and Healer)
    Destruction Wizard, Arcana skill (Warlock :U)
    Devoted Paladin, Religion skill (Melee DPS and maybe Tank? Idk.)

I did put existing parts of names, since GF and GWF both have "Fighter" and use the Dungeon skill. This is what I expect, idk. I can't think in another class that would use the Thief skill.
    the issue there is that there's two kinds of fighters because in 4e dnd, which Neverwinter is based on, has two different types of fighters; the Great Weapon Fighter and the Guardian Fighter. it's the same class, but two different builds that rely on different strategies. The warlock, though, is an entirely separate class, and is a striker with a bit of control and some tankiness. The druid is a primal controller, while a ranger is a martial striker. Paladin is a divine defender, cleric is a divine leader. I've gone into detail above about what we're likely to get, at the top of this page.
  • Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Has there been any update on those two or other classes?
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will there be a Paladin class for Neverwinter?
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Considering how much damage control wizards already dish out I find it hard to imagine how a purely offensive caster would differ.
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I know WoW had Paladins and a Heroic Class Death Knights also Necromencers would be a good class for Neverwinter.
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Considering how much damage control wizards already dish out I find it hard to imagine how a purely offensive caster would differ.

Like this, post is from last year 05-09-2013 with data we got back then. Pure speculation with d&d info with the names some other user found back then ....
    Well if the stick to the things we know then:

At-Will Powers:

Eldritch Blast: 1d10 + Charisma or Constitution modifier damage. Increase damage to 2d10 + Charisma or Constitution modifier at 21st level.

Curse: :cool:

Shadowslip (Misty Step) dodge

Encounter Powers

Dreadheft: 3d8 + Charisma modifier necrotic damage. If this attack drops a target to 0 hit points or fewer, the power is not expended.

Fierybolt: 3d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage, and creatures adjacent to the target take 1d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage.

Killing Flames: 3d8 + Constitution modifier fire damage.

Vampiric Embrace: 2d8 + Constitution modifier necrotic damage, and you gain 5 temporary hit points.

Daily Powers:

Accursed Souls: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an enemy you have cursed is reduced to 0 hit points or fewer, enemies adjacent to that target take 10 necrotic damage.

Brood of Hadar: 3d10 + Constitution modifier necrotic damage. If this damage is enough to reduce the target to 0 hit points, make a secondary attack.

Infectious Curse: 2d12 + Constitution modifier damage. Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to the target gains your Warlock's Curse.

Phelgethos if Flames of Phelgethos: (3d10 + Constitution modifier fire damage.)

Tyranical Curse if Tyrannical Threat: 1d10 + Constitution modifier psychic damage, and you place your Warlock's Curse on the target.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't wait to see the Warlock released and everyone finding out it's just straight up worse than CW.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    Did tree hugging become an international pass time when I was in a coma? How in the name of all that is good did the Druid become so popular? I have not looked at the 4th ed Druid, so maybe that it is it. The older versions really sucked, even with wild shape. Argh!

I stand by what I think is in the pipes. I do feel at this point good paragon paths are needed almost as much as completely new classes.
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    Did tree hugging become an international pass time when I was in a coma? How in the name of all that is good did the Druid become so popular? I have not looked at the 4th ed Druid, so maybe that it is it. The older versions really sucked, even with wild shape. Argh!

I stand by what I think is in the pipes. I do feel at this point good paragon paths are needed almost as much as completely new classes.
    The druid is one of the Big Three classes in D&D 3.5, along with the wizard and the cleric. They're nicknamed CoDzilla, or Cleric or Druid -zilla because of their sheer gamebreaking potential even at level 1.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It is possible that I am just blinded by my sheer hatred of the class. In that last 10 years we have not had a single player pick one in a game, that also may be because of my hatred though. :P
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My guess is Warlock, then Bard for next two classes. Bards Rule!

Paladin, and Bard would be the better choices however imho tho.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I posted this above, but I think it will be warlock, druid, monk or paladin followed by the one it is not. This fits with the requests I have seen the most. Bard may be 5th, but I don't know much about bards in 4th ed.

I would pay to play a monk, but not so much the others. Along with additional classes, more races would be nice. However new races could be true hell on the art departments if they are the ones I would like to see.
  • Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My guess would be warlock or some other variant of classes like War Wizard. But what we need is another leader class. We have only cleric for that. So a bard, warlord, rune priest, artificer or shaman would be nice.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    qumi0 wrote: »
    My guess would be warlock or some other variant of classes like War Wizard. But what we need is another leader class. We have only cleric for that. So a bard, warlord, rune priest, artificer or shaman would be nice.
    Yes, obviously warlock will be the next one, or possibly Illusionist Wizard because that Renegade Illusionist companion looks like a teaser.

In regards to War Wizard, my opinion is the same as some other players, that with our current Control Wizard being so dps oriented and has some War Wizard traits, the possibility of seeing War Wizard in this game is nearly zero. They are more likely to introduce sorcerer instead.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I most desperately want a Bladesinger/Swordmage class. Will it happen? Not likely soon, but I have my fingers crossed.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, obviously warlock will be the next one, or possibly Illusionist Wizard because that Renegade Illusionist companion looks like a teaser.

In regards to War Wizard, my opinion is the same as some other players, that with our current Control Wizard being so dps oriented and has some War Wizard traits, the possibility of seeing War Wizard in this game is nearly zero. They are more likely to introduce sorcerer instead.

think there is good chance we will see war wizard in game he showed up with battle cleric,scourge warlock and some other classes on ah in closed beta
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't wait to see the Warlock released and everyone finding out it's just straight up worse than CW.

yes i cant see any use of him if they do not nerf spellstorm cw to be more on pair with dps of mof
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I was going to say that myself,

Right now, there's just no way a Warlock of any class would be able to compete with the CW, which is becoming more of a pure damage wizard at this point anyway. They nerfed the control part so badly, its become the Magic User of old.

Its become the old traditional Magic User of D&D. Which means the Warlock class won't even come close. It would be so outclassed in pure damage it wouldn't even be worth it to play.

The D&D Magic user is all about AoEs, like fireballs, and Lightning Bolts, and Meteor Swarms taking out literal armies of weaker monsters.

The Warlock can't even compete with that, as Neverwinter Devs nailed the Wizard class on the mark on this one.

EDIT: Honestly I'm not even sure why they call it the Control Wizard at this point it doesn't fit anymore. They should just called it the Magic User.
  • Options
    therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I've been waiting for the Scourge Warlock myself, namely because I wanted to play something that felt more akin to an actual mage. While the CW has become more damage focused, and has received a fire spec, I still don't quite care for the feel of it, nor do I feel like I can actually throw a proper fireball. Not to mention that last time I checked the fire spec was basically a joke due to being unable to do a wizard's job in the last battle of Malabog's castle (ie being unable to use Maelstorm to interrupt Valindra). I'll also say that I kind of dislike how the Hunter Ranger still seems to be a better general ranged character than a mage, on top of having better defense, close combat, and general survivability (IMO).

Honestly I am a bit surprised it's taken this long, given that the Scourge Warlock was itemized in beta, and was "almost ready for release" at the mid point of last year. The only thing I can think of is they are waiting for a serious slump in the user base, and then plan to add in the new character class in hopes that it will bring people back to try it (and keep doing this with new characters as a way of maintaining the game population). That makes a degree of sense but isn't a lot of fun for those of us who are waiting.
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    was the scourge warlock on the test server?
    does the warlock use the orb like cw?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lpsx wrote: »
    was the scourge warlock on the test server?
    does the warlock use the orb like cw?

No some bits and pieces for the Scourge Warlock were in the client but it wasn't released as a class , some armor peices did drop by accident but they were removed , one of it's paragon paths is called Hellbringer and it uses Rod and Pact Blade as weapons (though they may just be transmutation weapon skins because I think Wand is also in the client somewhere as a weapon).
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I've been waiting for the Scourge Warlock myself, namely because I wanted to play something that felt more akin to an actual mage. While the CW has become more damage focused, and has received a fire spec, I still don't quite care for the feel of it, nor do I feel like I can actually throw a proper fireball. Not to mention that last time I checked the fire spec was basically a joke due to being unable to do a wizard's job in the last battle of Malabog's castle (ie being unable to use Maelstorm to interrupt Valindra). I'll also say that I kind of dislike how the Hunter Ranger still seems to be a better general ranged character than a mage, on top of having better defense, close combat, and general survivability (IMO).

Hmm not sure where you get that,

The only Ranger I've seen that could do comparable damage to any CW was one... and he had combined his melee with archery, so he'd use both. Which is kind of shocking to see when you're used to watching Rangers plink from the back. Suddenly you have one siting back the firing, then right up in the thick of things in melee and... he's outdamaging you when no Ranger has ever done that before.

The Rangers actual damage comes from a combination of both, because Archery alone can't compete with CW AoE damage. But when they combine it with their melee, it can be. That of course is the trick.

That said... if you have a realistic view and the understanding of what the Warlock class really is compared to the Wizard/Sorcerer class in D&D, then at least you won't be disappointed if its implemented. Because at this point CW can achieve all those things the old Wizard/Sorcerer class could. Which means Warlock wont even be comparable.
  • Options
    joniticusjoniticus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would love for it to be the monk, but I could see how they would go with a caster. Because maybe they want to have 2 of every type to start. After maybe druid to fill in another support/healer role? ...
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Druid will be nice. Tab to shapeshift (maybe a few choices?), leather gear, wis, dex, con. Ranged in humanoid form, melee in animal form. Paths can be more controller or more striker.

Love playing shapeshifter classes in MMO's. My main in PWE was Venomancer :)

Im psyched to see Warlock too, I will probably remake my dps tiefling DC as a warlock.

I would also like to see Avenger at some point. And Vampire would be cool but unlikely to happen :D
This discussion has been closed.