test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic rough ETA of next 2 classes?
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Preferably when they fix the half a million existing problems with current classes so they don't have bugs, glitches, or balance issues. I'd rather have a nice, polished silver slate ready before they draw more carvings, otherwise it takes twice as long to carve on the silver. Analogy swing aaand miss.
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Maybe towards the end of this year, if we are lucky. (For one of the classes.)
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i have it on good authority there will be no Paladin class in this game. trust me i wanted it myself but there will not be one unfortunatly. maybe thats why i have 7 different characters at 60 now was waiting and hopeing but not anymore. if after ESO comes out and if this game is alive still i would love to see druid.

Yeah because it would make a lot of sense to not to develop a class lots of players want to play, is deeply steeped in the lore of the setting, and would stimulate lots of zen sales for the company. I would say your 'good authority' (if legit), doesn't have much business sense.
  • Options
    maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2014
    if i could vote, i would definitelly choose some leader class, this game quite need a leader in the group for end game content and the only one available is cleric :) having one more would be good :) so as others said, e.g. paladin :)
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As we gain more classes, we need more rooms for new classes in a party. Thus I would also like to see current epic dungeons be tweaked to allow 6 players to enter.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Paladin would be great. I always play as Paladin in D&D stuff.

Warlord..mehhm.. no need.

Paladin would be nice.

But Warlord?!? Absolutely!!
    Can't you just imagine...
    -- aim at an ally that is attacking, left-click and their at-will attacks are doubled?!?
    ---aim at a ranged ally, left-click and they begin firing twice as fast!?!
    (...with the Warlord getting the extra aggro of course...)
    Imagine the possibilities!
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    my vote is paladin i'd like a melee leader class much better than another kill you fast as hell class.

cleric is nice but it just lacks something that almost all the classes do..... strategy.

its just drop a circle and debuff.

Right now the game is, depending on who you ask all about how fast you can kill everything with out giving enemies a chance; not my opinion but its a lotta peoples opinion.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The answer is simple:

Next Class will be announced and released: "Soon"*
    Following class will be announced and released: "Before the end of the year" **

*Soon is a registered trademark of Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment.
    ** Before The End Of The Year is a trademark and paradigm statement of Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment.
    All Rights Reserved.

(Sorry, I could't resist. Just funning' here.) :-)
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The answer is simple:

*Soon is a registered trademark of Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment.
    ** Before The End Of The Year is a trademark and paradigm statement of Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment.
    All Rights Reserved.

That is soooo wrong :P but looking at their history... it's kinda true.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    Preferably when they fix the half a million existing problems with current classes so they don't have bugs, glitches, or balance issues. I'd rather have a nice, polished silver slate ready before they draw more carvings, otherwise it takes twice as long to carve on the silver. Analogy swing aaand miss.

welcome to the wonderful world of MMO gaming. ;)
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The answer is simple:

All Rights Reserved.

With a proper conversion from Valve metrics, a "Soon" equals "include it in your retirement plan".
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I always thought soon meant sometime between now and the universe going thru the big freeze.
  • Options
    sithxardhasithxardha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    Psion could be a very nice and unique asset to existing six, but hard to implement, as this class use no encounters, but make use of additional at wills, and utilizes psionic power pool to power them.. If devs happen to implement this class properly, I would applaud them.
    (As far as I can remember even dnd fans had some trouble with Psion)
  • Options
    allanastarallanastar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    glithanes wrote: »
    Cryptic rough ETA of next 2 classes?

I would like to know too!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Class balance is ALWAYS an issue in every single MMO I've ever played. It's no different in here.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would also like to see new classes too, but agree that there are things that need fixed first.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would be happy just knowing what the next class is going to be.
  • Options
    exard3kexard3k Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    One class that hasn't been addressed by MMOs for ages in a proper way is the bard. Cryptic could gain legendary status for an awesome bard implementation. Its a classic D&D class after all.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vaerth wrote: »
    I would be happy just knowing what the next class is going to be.

Nothing official has been confirmed but a lot of Warlock stuff is already within the client such as weapons , armor , class icon , skills , paragon path (Hellbringer) their weapons of choice (Pact blade and Rod) so many people think that could well be the next class.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it will be Warlock also. I am building up my AD so I can buy some more character slots
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2014
    When talking about classes and balance of existing classes, they are not mutually exclusive. Chances are they have one or two power designers who create the numbers, and then a host of art people working on assets. The art assets take by far the most time and money to create for any game.

The team who works on powers can always split time in making new powers, and working on old ones.

I don't play casters, so the Warlock is not so exciting to me. :/ I do see where more casting classes are needed though. Also I am not sure why our current DC uses a hand mirror when in combat, and the Plague Changed Cleric in the Chasm gets to use a mace and shield.

I also have to wonder how many of the current art assets like animations, and power effects could just be reused in certain aspects like a two weapon fighter.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2014
    i have it on good authority there will be no Paladin class in this game. trust me i wanted it myself but there will not be one unfortunatly. maybe thats why i have 7 different characters at 60 now was waiting and hopeing but not anymore. if after ESO comes out and if this game is alive still i would love to see druid.

I am finding this one hard to believe. Not including one would amount to Cryptic shooting themselves in the foot. They may could get away with not including one if they made a true combat cleric, or added a paladin paragon path to the GF. Past that if the community is loud enough, and they see they can make money off of it, there will be a paladin.

Cryptic was really good about giving the players what they wanted when they started, after they sold CoH I am not sure that continued though. From what I hear it did for the most part.
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also I am not sure why our current DC uses a hand mirror when in combat, and the Plague Changed Cleric in the Chasm gets to use a mace and shield.

That cleric gives me hope that we will one day have a Battle Cleric. I would love that.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    I am finding this one hard to believe. Not including one would amount to Cryptic shooting themselves in the foot. They may could get away with not including one if they made a true combat cleric, or added a paladin paragon path to the GF. Past that if the community is loud enough, and they see they can make money off of it, there will be a paladin.

Cryptic was really good about giving the players what they wanted when they started, after they sold CoH I am not sure that continued though. From what I hear it did for the most part.

If you know Cryptic's patterns on class design you can clearly see that each main class gets a: Leader, Controller, Tank, and Striker.

For the Divine classes there is going to be a tank to complete the Divine classes.

4E divine classes are:

Leader: Cleric
    Controller: Invoker
    Tank: Paladin
    Striker: Avenger

anybody who knows DnD even the slightest could tell you that. I can almost guarantee that all four of those will be the total make up of the divine classes. Since Paladin seems to be the most requested, it will probably be the first one out of the set to make it to the game.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    prinnyozzieprinnyozzie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd just like to see a healer class that actually uses a weapon instead of throwing energy lances. I know it's more in line with modern D&D but it just irks me that I can't use a mace/warhammer wielding cleric.
    ach.png
    Member of Reviewers Unknown
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd just like to see a healer class that actually uses a weapon instead of throwing energy lances. I know it's more in line with modern D&D but it just irks me that I can't use a mace/warhammer wielding cleric.

Except a mace wielding cleric is completely in line with the 4th edition of D&D. There are 2 builds for clerics in the Player's Handbook. The divine cleric which is a ranged build and the battle cleric which is a melee build.
  • Options
    dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In my opinion, Paladins, while desirable as extra healers, would be too similar to GFs to make them a worthwhile or interesting addition right now. If a Paladin can tank *and* heal, where does that leave the GFs? They're already in quite a tight spot in the class hierarchy, and this would make them even more undesirable.

Warlocks, or at least something similarly magic-related, seem like the next logical choice if for no other reason (putting aside all the existing evidence that they're next up to bat) than that we only have one 'magic' class at the moment. GFs and GWFs pair up nicely as metal-covered sword wielders, Hunter-Rangers and TRs also pair up as the two squishy-but-prickly classes, and Clerics are sort of off on their own as metal-covered squishies. This leaves CWs as the only pure magic class, and when you look at it in terms of class symmetry, like this, it seems logical to get another magic user.

Personally speaking, I would like to see a Warlord - lots of buffs, debuffs, dots etc - simply because I'm a melee kinda guy. But a Druid or a Monk might be more fun, for variety's sake. The final thing to consider is, the pairing of new classes with new areas of the map. There are tons of forests and mountains in NW Faerun that we could get as expansions to our (quite limited) map, and any one of them could be buddied-up with a new class.
  • Options
    zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    felomaks wrote: »
    In my opinion, Paladins, while desirable as extra healers, would be too similar to GFs to make them a worthwhile or interesting addition right now. If a Paladin can tank *and* heal, where does that leave the GFs? They're already in quite a tight spot in the class hierarchy, and this would make them even more undesirable.

They should be dropped in favour of Paladins. I know it might sound harsh but really, I would prefer 1000 times more to have a paladin instead of my bleak, uninspiring GF who mostly does nothing and is mostly unwanted.

The whole GF - GWF was a very bad design decision, topped off with the Paragon exchange path that wrecked chaos. If they went with Paladin - Barbarian we would have two awesome classes now, both with unique paragons and most probably both equally desired. Instead we are stuck in the mire of mediocre GFs and unblanced GWF not really fitting in the whole D&D flavour.
This discussion has been closed.