test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

1141516171820»

Comments

• koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to play as an Illithid and eat brains, helping the zone chat become wiser :)
  • varetmarkushvaretmarkush Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to play as an Illithid and eat brains, helping the zone chat become wiser :)

I'm with this guy!!!! MOAR BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From beginging of neverwinter and so far we've 3 classes for pve: Cw, Gwf,Dc, i realy hope the new class get a spot on future pve party, HR was a huge fail at pve and soon'll be nerfed and loose all pvp advantage they now have, making then unwanted class on both pvp and pve.
    I think to save this class they need to work on they cd, it's too high, making then rely only on at-wills.
  • vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014

if you were a Mindslayer and you were eating brains you wouldn't be making zone better, you would be adding to the problem since only the brainless, vacuous morons who infest zone making it a bad place for all others would remain unfettered by the higher reasoning to intersparse the foul language, pathetic jibes and epeen showings.

that said I would pay Zen for both a Vampire Class and Illithid Race, hell id make a Vampire Illithid for lols

Regards

Vamp
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently the swarms of trash have resulted in parties wanting to stack CWs and GWFs to burn them down. They need to rework the dungeons a bit in order to fit in the other classes. In particular they need far less trash mob swarms and more elites (many with cc immunity). GFs need a DPS buff to get them back in the fight. Temple of the Spider is a "in the right direction" for dungeon design in my opinion.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SO there are werewolves as a class in DnD too? I had no idea.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Until preview, my HR was also great at PvE. My GF and TR still doe very well at PvE.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Put traps on boss fights that actually hit hard and maybe even have control effects on them (like a trap that pops a rogue smoke bomb), then gives HRs a trap removing ability. Perhaps then TRs and HRs will have a place. Other games, like DDO, have some dungeons that are incredibly difficult to do without someone who can do traps. Anytime that a game's encounters are based on AoE dps only, you are gonna have groups that are built for AoEdps. HRs and TRs are kinda middle of the road in that respect so naturally you will always see "LF2M, CW/GWF only". Nobody wants a GF unless they want to kite FH. But they are desirable for that because of a condition in the last boss encounter. Create more of those conditions and you create class desirability.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Meh, DC?
    Life Steal
    Regen
    Pet
    Artifact
    Potion
    +encounter (GWF,GF,HR)
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im ok having trash, in games of past running through the zone was part of it all almost a boss in itself. It took skill and strategy to pull a room with out wiping the group. I miss that.

But i agree certain bosses should take a special skill to defeat easily and discovering that killer combo with new and old classes would encourage the use of other classes.

Also it would be nice if a interrupt skill actually interrupted a boss, increase cool down timers but dont make them all immune to it.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bah vamps. Silly pale, over dramitic, emo's, with poor fashion sense. If we get the silly blood suckers in the game at all. It should be as they were meant to be. Walking sacks of loot and XP, that we players get to murder shamelessly for personal amusement.

After all, we already get to murder liches. The real kings of the undead. Slaughtering vamps should be a friendly walk in the park. And good a service for everyone in the realms.
  • shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Nope ! The key word for Nope is "undead". Almost any undead is an evil creature, the campaign we have now is for characters with good alignment (sadly tho). Maybe the Scourge Warlock will be some kind of DD/Debuffing class but not something vague you've just suggested.

It should have a Debuff like Warlock's curse so they can cause more damage, but for the most part Scourge Warlock should be a striker/dps class.
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Bah vamps. Silly pale, over dramitic, emo's, with poor fashion sense. If we get the silly blood suckers in the game at all. It should be as they were meant to be. Walking sacks of loot and XP, that we players get to murder shamelessly for personal amusement.

After all we already get to murder liches. The real kings do undead. Slaughtering vamps should be a friendly walk in the park. And good service for everyone in the realms.

LOL Maybe in twilight! Real DnD vampires would be more like goths, dark and evil personalities ,and armor/clothing similar to drow. Probably be extremely powerful..like drow and lichs should be. I remember the original Vampire race, translated to a player race it was so over powered it had a level adjustment of ten. DnD doesn't play that teeny pansy vampire game. xD
    edited April 2014
    The class could be added..the 4E description says they can be heroes. But stop asking for more classes, they had already said Warlock was to be made, and now people are whining about not having Druid and Paladin. Lets let them fix up the current classes and have time to work on the current line of classes to come out.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please make ELan race, and make Psion class!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LOL Maybe in twilight! Real DnD vampires would be more like goths, dark and evil personalities ,and armor/clothing similar to drow. Probably be extremely powerful..like drow and lichs should be. I remember the original Vampire race, translated to a player race it was so over powered it had a level adjustment of ten. DnD doesn't play that teeny pansy vampire game. xD

I find the differences between dark and gothic, and emo and forelorn. To be too subtle to fret over. As far as you opinion on difficulty. I already mentioned that we already currently push liches around like abused step kids. And Drow NPCs are little more then minions, nuked en masse by various AoE attacks. I see little reason to make vamps any significant threat in the face of this.
    edited April 2014
    I find the differences between dark and gothic, and emo and forelorn. To be too subtle to fret over. As far as you opinion on difficulty. I already mentioned that we already currently push liches around like abused step kids. And Drow NPCs are little more then minions, nuked en masse by various AoE attacks. I see little reason to make vamps any significant threat in the face of this.
    There are alot of differences between those, guess you have to be one of them to know it. Anyway that is true and kind of silly the drow don't give a challenge. Vamps would have be a enemy in a new module though, probably something to do with the godess Shar would be the most likely candidate, but I'm more hoping for a module to do with the Tiamat campaign so they can introduce Dragonborn as a player race.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay then the werewolves should be added!

Oh wait...then we'll have a bunch of Jacob Black's...*sighs*

Joking aside I have to agree with the masses here, there are a lot of other classes which need some love first.
    Paladin? Druid? Bard? Barbarian? I have a list of at least twenty other classes I would like to see added to the game before Vampires and Werewolves. :p

Druids can shift into babaaaam Werewolf .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After mod 3, my HR will be amazing at PvE.

I'm not being sarcastic, either.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    They won't release a new class till summer lol.

By the time they do that if they still don't figure out how to balance PVE and PVP this game would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway.

So many good game coming out in 2014.

ESO is out. Looking decent.

Wildstar coming at June. My personal favorite.

Everquest Next gonna have Public Beta this year.

Destiny if you into FPS which most gamers are. Release on September.

Not to mention some other already exist decent MMO. What NWN has done since Mod 2? Dev has achieved nothing but breaking more and more stuff and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one and another class over.
  • bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They won't release a new class till summer lol.

By the time they do that if they still don't figure out how to balance PVE and PVP this game would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway.

So many good game coming out in 2014.

ESO is out. Looking decent.

Wildstar coming at June. My personal favorite.

Everquest Next gonna have Public Beta this year.

Destiny if you into FPS which most gamers are. Release on September.

Not to mention some other already exist decent MMO. What NWN has done since Mod 2? Dev has achieved nothing but breaking more and more stuff and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one and another class over.

agreed, though, you cannot balance pvp and pve. its never been done, somewhere classes get screwed. can not figure out why develpers keep trying to beat the dead horse and they should just segregate them altogether.

to many other good games coming to waist on this. if you have hope things will get better, just look at the track record.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1 to psion!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    is there a beast master class in 4E? that i would def like to see.
  • skritchieskritchie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm eagerly awaiting Druids and Shamans. Monks also have a special place in my thoughts.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've got no less than four different epic companions and an emperor beetle mount sitting in my bank just waiting for the day that a warlock comes to pick them up.
  • nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Personally I would love to see them all lined up at the beach on FIRE as oh wait lvl 1 vampires don't get spf 1000 as starting items.

there monsters and should stay on there side of the fence where there encountered at night in the dark places where the drow should have stayed.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Please use the new thread, complete with poll!
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?646411
This discussion has been closed.