What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    kemirkemir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would LOVE to see druid that would be able to turn into a werewolf.
  • Options
    stainfurlagstainfurlag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    something that we where talking with friends, it would be awesome to play something more oriented to the hand to hand combat, kicks and acrobatics, anyone has any info about it?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not anytime soon. The next two classes will most likely be Warlock and Druid. Its a safe bet Paladin and/or Bard will follow after. Based on how long it took Ranger its safe to estimate 3 to 6 months between classes. So if we see Warlock on module 3. it could be 6 months past that for Druid, another 6 months for Paladin or Bard. And thats even before Monk gets on the list.

Unless something changes, the present pace of 2 to 3 classes a year is far to slow to make everyone happy.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It would be easier if they added some "Drunken Martial Arts" emote moves. Then everybody can pretend they are monks (badly). :D
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe they can add a psionic class at the same time as the Monk.
    Those are the two most obscure classes. And they darn well better
    come up with a Dragonborn race soon!

...I supposed there's also the Assassin class, but play balancing a Thief with
    poison and quick kills would be a bit tough.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2014
    I see more requests for the Paladin and the Monk than I do the bard. I do think they will place one in the game eventually, but I am betting it would be in 2015 at the soonest. Which is sad because new classes would really help this game grow.

I also want a monk more than any other class.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The devs never show much info about new classes unless it's almost ready so we can't really know. Most people expect warlock to be the next class to be ready. But we can't really know what class will be next.
    I would love to have a monk too. I love hand to hand combat. And something with simpler armor looks, too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We've got already enough balance issues, new classes now would make it only worse... they need to fix the current issues before they add more chaos...
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Oh gods and goddesses I hope so! Monk Artificer Shaman Druid I'm waiting for all of those.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    We have many things in store for you down the line. Who knows when a new class will show up? :)
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    We have many things in stored for you down the line. Who knows when a new class will show up? :)

You do! Stop being so Cryptic about everything! :)
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure if monk will be released any time soon, considering it's a psionic class in D&D 4e. Specifically, it's the psionic striker, and psionic classes were introduced in the Player's Handbook 3. On the other hand, the half-orc made it into the initial release, and that's a Player's Handbook 2 race.

I'm hoping that they're going to release another controller or leader class soon. There are just way too many strikers right now (TR, HR, GWF, even the CW can fill the striker role), and not enough leaders and controllers.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I doubt they are working on one class at a time. I can say from experience working on a single class with no deviation can become monotonous very fast.

It is awesome to know Cryptic is paying attention to what we want though!
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    if this is indeed part of 4e we got the Druid/Paladin and Warlock still to come

DRUID !!! DRUID !!!! DRUID !!!
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Maybe they can add a psionic class at the same time as the Monk.
    Those are the two most obscure classes. And they darn well better
    come up with a Dragonborn race soon!

...I supposed there's also the Assassin class, but play balancing a Thief with
    poison and quick kills would be a bit tough.
    Monk and psion are NOT the 2 most obscure classes (could easily list out several dozen or more obscure classes) . Monk is an iconic D&D class, and both monk and psion are present in the lore of forgotten realms.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We have many things in stored for you down the line. Who knows when a new class will show up? :)

i hope for one class per module btw any news on warlock his gear droped in closed beta and we still do not have it in game
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Waiting for the Bacon Friar class...

• Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Monk is one of my most looked forward to classes, I just hope it will have an interesting class ability that will make him something else than a different flavor of TR.
  • Options
    auzfireauzfire Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The game is in desperate need of another leader class, with the Warlord being the other one from the first players handbook. The game doesn't even need the current defender class let alone another one.

So I expect we will get another 3 striker classes and a controller that is better at being a striker than a controller in the near future.
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am hoping for a controller or a leader; I agree that we have plenty of strikers as it is.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    valasqua wrote: »
    I am hoping for a controller or a leader; I agree that we have plenty of strikers as it is.

If people prefer to play strikers (and they do predominantly), they will play strikers, regardless of the class selections. More variety means you see more varied strikers. Simply putting out a leader class will not make people who love to play strikers change their mind.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    something that we where talking with friends, it would be awesome to play something more oriented to the hand to hand combat, kicks and acrobatics, anyone has any info about it?

I still don't have my blood magic warlock class(something that has been datamined from the game since closed beta) so screw your monk:p
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    BCoKf8t.png

Scourge Warlock, anyone? And hopefully we get a new race too. Like a Dragonborn.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    If people prefer to play strikers (and they do predominantly), they will play strikers, regardless of the class selections. More variety means you see more varied strikers. Simply putting out a leader class will not make people who love to play strikers change their mind.

I am not sure why, but people just can't seem to grasp this. A new class is not going to magically change what the majority of people like to play.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    this^

/10char
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    who says one is going to be released... no really I want to know I missed the memo.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    If they do ever create a psionic type class, it will most likely be a monk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2014
    is it really the role which people like to play? i usually choose by theme preferences instead of a role... and in this game, role can be quite easily switched, you can use different powers in different parts of game, i bet that even with striker feats and leader powers a class which is leader/striker would do more then good in a dungeon as a leader, this game isnt that strict in party composition as some other where pure healer is necessary :)
This discussion has been closed.