test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New" PvP and Clerics.

samplesniper1samplesniper1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
So I main an Anointed Champion DC and she's spec'd to dish out tons of healing in order to survive. Now, even with the permanent debuff from righteousness (You receive 40% less healing from yourself), I still was able to survive quit a while in dangerous situations with the help of Astral Shield (20% damage reduction and when used in divinity it grants a rapid healing effect to all allies including the devoted cleric) and Sunburst (Area Effect heal that can also be a Area Effect knock-back when used in divinity). With the "New" PvP comes "Healing Depression" a buff that says "When hit, for 5 seconds all healing effects are reduced by 50%". I for one completely am angry at this. I did a couple of PvP runs since the changes to find out that clerics who focus on healing to survive is completely unviable now. Here are some numbers.

Before patch Astral Shield healing
To allies: 600 per tick
to myself: 350 per tick

After patch Astral Shield healing
to allies who are hit: 300 per tick
to me who are hit: 175 per tick.

175 healing!??! That is completely trash when most people have around 25K hp... They could AT LEAST take out Righteousness, then at least we'd be healing ourselves as much as our allies...Even still, once we get hit(Which is always for a cleric...we get focused so much) then we can't do much to protect ourselves making us completely useless unless we go pure-damage...My final though on this is if you want to play a Cleric, build Pure tank and focus on ability that offers control such as the Area Effect knock back from Divinity Sunburst and the Chains...At least then you'd be a threat and still survive long enough to help yourself and your team gain points because apparently Cryptic/PWE hate healing. What are you guys thoughts and please offer me some tips and things on what I should change about my current cleric to be more effective for my teams?

P.S. THEY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE EVERYONE A FREE RESPEC!! UGH!
It would've made things much easier for me to just go "Okay...healing clerics are trash now, time to spec to tank." but no! I have to pay out of my pocket to be able to play the game how THEY want.
Post edited by samplesniper1 on

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I said it in the very first time I saw Healing Depression. It was quite obvious. These complaints sustained through the entire feedback and nothing has been made to fix them. Deal with it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    DCs got insanely nerfed (again). GWFs are just as tanky as before (if not tankier). Control Wizards lost a lot of their control (Repel doesn't work for me in PVP anymore).

All in all, I'm extremely, extremely disappointed with Cryptic allowing this into the game. And still only two maps?! Is it seriously that hard to make up another?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    itsateddybearitsateddybear Banned Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    as a tanky dc (with buffs from bastion of health giving 10% dr, etc etc, the new tenacity does make me tankier)
    the healing is obscene.. what healing we got was needed as it was. Bastion of health is halved, all our healing spells, not just that or astral shield. Our best assets to a party are as if we had half of our attack/healing instead of full (direct cast and aoe).

THAT is the class crippler..
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm just so amazed how much Cryptic doesn't listen. They went ahead with these changes after multiple players voiced their opinions against it.

So much for Glory Farming and PVP hour too. Now you have to wait around PE for 30min-45min for a pop. Already we've had people miss the queue because they were afk or alt-tabbed. Who wants to sit around in PE and just stare at their computer?!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is Tenacity Additive or on it's own?

Here is what I mean. I have a level 55 cleric that has these stats.
    30 percent damage reduction from defense.
    23 percent percent deflect.

Tenacity gives me
    15.3 percent damage reduction via pvp. as well as crit reduction and other stuff.

So does this mean I have 45 percent damage reduction?
    On a crit hit against me does this mean I have 45 percent reduction in crit damage?

If that is the case then why are TR's still critting me for 24k? Way more health then I have. I have 23.8k health. This is higher then what they should be hitting me for. This is the exact same damage there daily was pulling off pre-patch. Does this mean that they screwed something up when calculating crit dailies?

Heck even just figuring in tenacity it is not possible for them to still be able to one shot me.

I am a cleric that is all I have now is my tankiness. Thank you Cryptic for making healing garbage now for clerics but this is it. I only have my tankiness to survive. If I can still be one shotted then let's all just roll TR's and say the heck with it. Is this what we are suppose to do just all roll one shot classes and see who the best TR is? Is this the game they are wanting us to play considering heals no longer mean anything?

Why would they even roll out such a change and not think about classes that ONLY HAVE healing to survive. Classes that HAVE NO DAMAGE. Yes yes I know I can re-sepc and get damaging skills but why should I be forced to because they do not want people healing. I should not.

Another bad move. I am not sure if it was done in desperation or ignorance. Bad move none the less. You completely destroyed one entire class in PVP.
  • Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    DCs are alot tankier now, you must have something wrong in your build

earlier too me and a gf very hard time killing the DC amd she was healing our dmg just fine
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?582951-Double-debuff-makes-PvP-DC-s-unviable
    This was already touched upon when tenacity was on ptr...:(
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The guild I am in has several DC's who were unkillable in the test server. Sure they had all rank 10's, but so did the GWF's and TR's fighting them.
  • Options
    xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i havent tried my dc on the new pvp but im about to, but let me just say if my healing is nerfed that bad im leaving this game all together
  • Options
    plaunkplaunk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am a cleric that is all I have now is my tankiness. Thank you Cryptic for making healing garbage now for clerics but this is it. I only have my tankiness to survive. If I can still be one shotted then let's all just roll TR's and say the heck with it. Is this what we are suppose to do just all roll one shot classes and see who the best TR is? Is this the game they are wanting us to play considering heals no longer mean anything?
    Another bad move. I am not sure if it was done in desperation or ignorance. Bad move none the less. You completely destroyed one entire class in PVP.

they seem to have no idea about their own game mechanics, there are stats for those(unnatural flimsy bonuses listed under PVP stats and tenacity) you can stack for them instead of stacking for flat dmg/crit bonuses..
    they fell into same mistake like how wow developers failed and ruined the pvp with resillence and other failpvp mmos too.. my 23TR could hit 800normal/1700crit with lashing blade(maxed with regular items) before patch, then now 750normal/1200crit also it is same for pve just tested while doing some missions in blackdagger..

my first post is unfortunately removed for something so i want to repeat what im thinking about those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pvp changes.. worst move to improve (it was) "OK" PvP, ruined game fun in PvP aspect..
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2014
    I play my cleric as my main. I will no longer queue for pvp now. I urge other clerics to do the same.

If enough people boycott it might get their attention.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I used my pve rotation, full power/crit cleric, and I've been not only able to keep the party alive, provided they weren't derping in the stairs or near home flag, but also my buffs and debuffs felt more meaningful. Divine mode divine glow, linked spirits and hallowed ground are a killer. This is indeed a huge change in the DC pvp metagame, and some won't like it. But at least it makes pve builds ideal in the new version of pvp. Of course you can't heal anyone if you don't go full offensive stats, that's expected, and imo welcome in pvp. Immortal flag trolls stacking regen & deflects can die in a fire now. :D
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    desmun wrote: »
    I play my cleric as my main. I will no longer queue for pvp now. I urge other clerics to do the same.

Even this may not do anything to solve the issue or any other. Only thing that would make a company stop and really do what the player base wants would be to hit them where it hurts, the wallet. A total or a massive Zen purchasing (with real money) boycott would be the only case to fix this issue and basically all balancing, bugs, exploits that are in game.

But to make that to happen, the entire ( or most) player community would have to be all up in arms( fed up), and be in aggreement.

Of course, that could be highly unlikely.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    linked spirits and hallowed ground are a killer.
    Does linked spirit even do anything? My tests on ptr today shows linked spirit putting up an icon in the buff bar, but having no effect on stats, or damage output.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    izatar wrote: »
    Does linked spirit even do anything? My tests on ptr today shows linked spirit putting up an icon in the buff bar, but having no effect on stats, or damage output.

I was bugged on live for a couple of weeks too, but it's been fixed two weeks ago. AFAIK it's not related to preview. I didn't check during the match but needless to say, if it didn't work properly, it just means clerics are even more powerful than what I've said earlier.
  • Options
    vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was bugged on live for a couple of weeks too, but it's been fixed two weeks ago. AFAIK it's not related to preview. I didn't check during the match but needless to say, if it didn't work properly, it just means clerics are even more powerful than what I've said earlier.

More powerful? If I wanted to play a shadow priest I would be playing another game. That is not how I chose to play. I chose to play the healer. They are forcing me to play a game in which I do not want. So yeah the only person with power around here is Cryptic to completely boink a class. We are healers not DPSers. We lack the ability to heal ourselves now which means now we are glass cannons. As the only thing we had while the whole team was beating up on us because we have a target on our heads is our heals.

We kept the match going and kept our team alive. We where the SAVIOR of the Arena. We come in with our righteous glow and save those near death with a word of healing. As our team VALIANTLY fought we threw up a divine shield conjured from the Astral Realm. All the whole able to output enough heals to keep ourselves alive in the process.

Now all that is gone. Our heals is no longer at a place to keep us alive. We are not powerful. Not sure who told you that but they where mistaken. We lost the power to chose our destiny. So it looks like it was a LOSS in power not us being powerful.
  • Options
    smellthemsmellthem Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic is just soooo **** good @ fixing things that dont need to be fixed. The PvP is terrible now and i just cant see myself wasting anymore time on it. Loved playing DC CW TR in PvP and it's all been turned to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    dr132dr132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014

wishful thinking..they clearly don't care what we think or they would have actually listened to EVERYONE who said the same thing regarding these changes throughout the entire testing process. either they don't read what we write, or they simply don't care.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Divine Glow adds a lot to a team right now.

Also, I just got beat by a prem with an awesome cleric. We were also prem and put up a decent fight but were the clear losers. Anyways, cleric skirted from point to point healing and assisting with caps. Ended up with the high score of the match. 36 assists. We didn't have a cleric. I think his lineup was word, glow, and shield.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

If this really worked, GF's would have their Stalwart set back, CW's would have their unlimited singularity and TR's their PVE damage again.

The most constructive thing we can do is just to let this all sink in, build some real facts and then present a constructive analysis with ways to fix it.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I used my pve rotation, full power/crit cleric, and I've been not only able to keep the party alive, provided they weren't derping in the stairs or near home flag, but also my buffs and debuffs felt more meaningful. Divine mode divine glow, linked spirits and hallowed ground are a killer. This is indeed a huge change in the DC pvp metagame, and some won't like it. But at least it makes pve builds ideal in the new version of pvp. Of course you can't heal anyone if you don't go full offensive stats, that's expected, and imo welcome in pvp. Immortal flag trolls stacking regen & deflects can die in a fire now. :D

I never did I stacked defense and deflect and hp and used miracle healer's armor. I was tanky but not unkillable. I think it's silly to get punished for one specific build when it's simply because people did not know how to counter it. No you do not need all offensive stats. However, they took the usefulness of defensive stats so on there is only ONE build. The thing that made this game so great was the diversity in builds now it's offensive stats only...

You say tanky clerics were tanky and had to do no work to stay alive. This would be an incorrect assumption. If I ever lag out/ have a moment of slight fps lag or something I would've died. Old DC was about skill and timing (exaltation, dodges) now it's who can kill who faster/who has more debuffs on them

Here's my general suggestion:
    remove righteousness or alleviate the effect of healing depression on clerics. Let us have the option of healing instead of being a debuff dc only.
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I never could get into a match today. I tried a few times, but got sick of waiting. It sounds like all 4 of my characters got screwed anyway. Glad there is nothing worth buying with glory anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    More powerful? If I wanted to play a shadow priest I would be playing another game. That is not how I chose to play. I chose to play the healer. They are forcing me to play a game in which I do not want. So yeah the only person with power around here is Cryptic to completely boink a class. We are healers not DPSers. We lack the ability to heal ourselves now which means now we are glass cannons. As the only thing we had while the whole team was beating up on us because we have a target on our heads is our heals.

We kept the match going and kept our team alive. We where the SAVIOR of the Arena. We come in with our righteous glow and save those near death with a word of healing. As our team VALIANTLY fought we threw up a divine shield conjured from the Astral Realm. All the whole able to output enough heals to keep ourselves alive in the process.

Now all that is gone. Our heals is no longer at a place to keep us alive. We are not powerful. Not sure who told you that but they where mistaken. We lost the power to chose our destiny. So it looks like it was a LOSS in power not us being powerful.

I keep my team alive with astral shield and crit heals from sunburst, and the most important element: I help them killing foes ASAP so that they kill before being killed. I've played two 15 mins pvp matches, they were smooth and fast and saw a major difference on the node I was helping. What else do you need... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok whats your problem in few pvp matches i played for now dc healed with no problem even gwf+gf team could not kill it
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dio, i beg u for some pvp videos to help my playing. I spec into pure faithful with at least 50% more healing than normal clerics, however i failed to heal my teammates or to prevent their deaths. That was my first pvp (pug) and i was facetrolled by 2 gwfs and a gf knocking me here and there and a blinking tr keep hunting me from bottom to top.

The second match is with my guildies. The half-premade of my guild (2 gwf 1 gf), however did win the half premade of opposite (2 gwf 2 gf 1 cw) but still my presence is nothing except as a extremely squishy sand bag. Where is my honorable burst heals and great HoT till i can save any kind of squishy teammates!!! Even i was clever enough to retreat and use water of elazad to cleanse my HD debuff, the cw straight cast a big aoe skill and i am affected by HD again. I heard that devs are aware abt cleric inability to heal others in pvp and will take some action abt it, so i am waiting for it as i love healing teammates!!

Last but not least, to those idiots that said Cleric heals are fine and no big problem in healing please get out of this post. You simply dont play a cleric do you?? Let see how repeated prone chains (A prone you, then B prone you, then A prone you back again) from only a gwf and gf will NOT kill you, that is a 2v1 for you and please, they are not 5k gs nerds beneath you, at least same gs with you. If you did it then i need some proves like videos and i will apologize to you, if not kindly stop whining nor giving out false information abt "cleric heals are great even with Healing Depression while there are gwf + gf aiming at you". Thank you.

By,
    Elf the Cleric
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    doggy009 wrote: »
    DCs are alot tankier now, you must have something wrong in your build

earlier too me and a gf very hard time killing the DC amd she was healing our dmg just fine

Check your character please, it is not our problem but it is YOUR problem. I rmb you are crying abt DC opness before patch as you cant kill a normal cleric with a sent IV gwf, now we are even losing our heals and you said our near-to-none heals can outheal your dps? What a joke!!
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dont forget the fact that sunburst is now useless in terms of clearing a node

Chocolate Shoppe will being having an inner guild premade
    very soon to prove the current status of pvp

But as a pro warning and prediction

Even our 40k hp Dc is expierncing issues surviving 1v1 with people far under her skill level

TR's will no longer pose any real back capping threat

Our CW's Sobek and Allt will run a massacre

HR will be pretty useless now that their roots are "fixed"

And the true status of gwf and gf remains to be seen

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please remember Rules of Conduct. Making threats, demands, or ultimatums is not allowed under rule 3.15.

We appreciate feedback but keep it constructive. Explain your gripes and what the devs can do to try and change them. Saying "do this OR ELSE" or "I quit if you don't do this" or "whoever came up with this idea should be dragged out into the street and shot" is not constructive at all.

It isn't what you say but how you present the matter that matters.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    brenoudibrenoudi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cleric dps spec = really bad, if wanna dps create another class
    cleric healing = cleric dont have heal, the skill say " heal 3k" but it heal 300 wtf?????!?!?!?!
    Cleric tank = have imune, have shield, and a heal of 175 heal each 3 sec wtf??? Its a dummy trainer, dont its good for nothing, but one dummy wit 25-30k hp, dont is good for nothing.

*cleric just do somethink when buy plague fire, because reduce armor or feytouched reduce damage, but any class can do this. I'm really sad, wit this, all i have worked hard to get is for nothing, desponted to play =/ its rare to see one dc good in pvp before path, now after path its rare to see some dc in pvp, but they dont are good for nothing, just a dummy trainer of 25-30k hp.

The update is good, a lot of new sets and options to play, the waiting queue will be fixed i think, but the classes DC and TR are stupid classes now, i hope they try to balance it, i know they are worried to balance gwf(now wit 30% deflect witout deflect itens lol?, and slow on atk, and continue hit killing) and
    gf(now its good to play i think, good job), buy "fixed" two class, and get two problems wit TR and DC.
  • Options
    caldrecaldre Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I play a PvP DC and right now.. With the new patch.. It seems we've really had the sour end of the deal. Like what the hell Cryptic... We weren't OP at all before this patch, sure, with the right build and starting rolls we could hold our own very nicely against 2 or 3 enemy players for quite awhile but I don't see why we've gotten nerfed like this.. Why the hell didn't GFs and GWFs get nerfed to the point where they're almost unplayable like we are.

Soul forged is useless now - And all the other armour enchants aren't worth much more. The only good thing to come out of this patch is no leavers, I've been apart of some good fights because of that were before, someone or a whole team would have given up in the starting few minutes. Some of the new PvP gear is decent.. But everything else... It's all **** right rubbish. Why the hell do we now get so little of our own healing? Our class less healing feature should be removed in PvP at least because them combined.. Well it's utterly stupid!

I've respecced twice, tried 4 different armour enchants and ranked some of my 7s to 9s and still, I can't find a way to be anywhere near as effective as I was before. This is just proving to be a complete waste of time, effort and AD to try and make a DC viable in PvP with all these messed up changes that have been made. PvP WORKED before, tenacity was a good idea, leaving penalty was a good idea, even the ranking system if it actually worked -but the rest of it... What the actual hell is all that about? It's made PvP worse not better. Give us new maps and new styles, NERF the GWFs and GFs that one shot tanky characters, but please for the love of god don't break it any more then it is now.

*Rant sort of over*