test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New" PvP and Clerics.

Comments

• Options
    p1nkpancak35sp1nkpancak35s Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have to really sadly say that I completely agree with you... I tried changing enchants, spent all of my AD on new things, respeccing feats, tried everything I could. Ultimately last night I quit the game. I only play healer classes and love to pvp, and if I can't heal in pvp.....well..
  • Options
    p1nkpancak35sp1nkpancak35s Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was a pvp cleric, had to quit the game last night.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. Tenacity works both ways -- with increased survivability as Tenacity filters incoming damage, even a bit of extra heal/shield is a godsend. It's definately weaker than before, but then again it was frickin' bullshi* before as well.

2. The tanclerics are definately weaker. But then again, sending a healer class to contest a node alone by being unkillable was bullshi* as well. They now go down as they should be.

3. DCs now need team support. It's Day2 of the patch, and I still see teams with DCs fighting according to the old tactic -- the DC just healing/shielding the main combatant (usually a GF or GWF) alone, the main combatants totally target fixated on their target only, and they never go back to save the DC. Same with other HR/CWs or TRs as well. Everyone's acting according to the old methodology where DCs were tough enough to just run around in circles on the node, keeping the "straw" up to the friendly target.

Things have changed. DC's can't do that now, so look behind and help them out.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First of all, thank you for starting this thread. My main is a DC and having played 4 matches last night, I came to the same conclusion as well. I will not be pvp-ing with my DC anymore. I got targeted and killed quickly and I do try to glide and run away. I have 2k defense, 1k deflect and 1k regen and all rank 7 gems and purple artifacts. In addition to getting frustrated with playing a useless class (I slotted healing words, Astral Shield and Divine Glow), I am tired of being a dead weight also. This is a mostly PvE build but I always feel like I can hold my own in regular pugs and contribute in the past (pre-patch). Reading this thread sheds a lot of light on why I am so terrible last night and affirms my decision to take a permanent break from pvp on this toon. Again, thank you for starting this thread.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dont leave pvp!!! We clerics lose our heals but we can play in another style. You can go debuffer path or dps path or control path. Atm i am using control path (Bts/FF/Chains,GoF/FS) and i get some kills with minimum dying (with soulforged of cuz). I just root my target, slow him and stun + slow him again and run backwards, that results in a kite chain. Build up daily then use GoF if target is running or else FS them, remember to use pot to recover from battle or ask other DODC in your team to heal u, if any. Play like a control wizard with low dps but high control abilities!! Dont forget WIS is our primary ability!!
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    2. The tanclerics are definately weaker. But then again, sending a healer class to contest a node alone by being unkillable was bullshi* as well. They now go down as they should be.

What's the difference between unkillable DC, TR or GWF contesting the node? Oh yeah, DC can't KILL ANYONE NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE FFS.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Before the patch rarely any GWF could heal my DC 1vs1. They could use 1 encounter rotation and bring me down to 10% health or even kill me to soulforged and then I was able to regen my HP back to 40-60% while their abilities were on CD and then survive them once more.

Now they just use the same encounter rotation dealing 20% less damage but I can't do a thing after I get up from the ground. They can kill me with just Sure Strike and that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Deep Gash afterwards because combination of Healing Word, Regen and Divine Astral Shield is not enough to outheal that damage. This is just pathetic.

I still can keep my teammates alive as the damage have been nerfed overall, but I can no longer protect myself from even 1 person with GS lower then mine.

I think that the best solution would be removal of Righteousness.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's actually pretty comical how many kills I've gotten on my support DC since the patch. Chip damage is significantly more lethal now thanks to our favorite new mechanic, Healing Depression.

DC is performing strangely. I feel far more resistant to good CWs and chain CC attempts than before, and it's nice that everyone can't just regen their way through my modest damage output, but there's something screwy about the primary healing class dying to a steady stream of weak damage because its class healing powers are too impotent to make a difference (note: FF is looking good by comparison to the other heals now). A lot of people actually enjoy healing, and that part of the class is currently wrecked.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If you think only DC get ****ed up, then you miss some points. The Protector path of GF is ****ed too.
    What a Protector can do? Only a self heal turtle build because of lack of damage. So now my healing capacity is reduced by 50% and the impacts on me only by ~25-30% on max. Then our important CC got nerfed too. So im more often attacked AND heal less.
    Ask if they removed the OS combos of Con/TR.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    What's the difference between unkillable DC, TR or GWF contesting the node? Oh yeah, DC can't KILL ANYONE NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE FFS.

Absolutely.

Nerf the class that deals damage, self heals AND can hold nodes best, but nerf the class that does ****ty damage and heals some/can hold node?

WHY?

It's pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

DCs were fine. If anything they could have been further buffed in some areas.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Nerf the class that deals damage, self heals AND can hold nodes best, but nerf the class that does ****ty damage and heals some/can hold node?

WHY?

It's pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

DCs were fine. If anything they could have been further buffed in some areas.

There are people complaining about 30-40 mins pug matches already. There's no way the devs remove healing depression or righteousness without making this issue the next blatant cause of pvp complaints.

I'll try to make a couple of videos of myself pvping on my DC, but AFAIK, posting pvp videos is now forbidden in the ToS so that's kinda useless.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The reason it's 30-40 min long now is because no one does damage
    That is not the fault of a healing class
    contrary to popular belief... We cannot keep everyone up. IF healing were more potent, it would snowball a team to winning and if there's not enough dps on that team, losing. All we can do is give an advantage to a fight.
    I don't see the purpose of having a healing class when they can't heal...
    While you promote the dps/debuff dc keep in mind the majority of our skills are supposed to heal..
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    There are people complaining about 30-40 mins pug matches already. There's no way the devs remove healing depression or righteousness without making this issue the next blatant cause of pvp complaints.

I'll try to make a couple of videos of myself pvping on my DC, but AFAIK, posting pvp videos is now forbidden in the ToS so that's kinda useless.

Making a good portion of the DC's kit useless wasn't the right answer. The issue was much more with other classes' regen and temp HP across the board, not with DC class mechanics.

Just because DCs aren't unplayable doesn't mean that something isn't wrong. I'm doing well in PvP, too, but it's no thanks to Healing Depression limiting my options.

Edit: Also consider that we're talking about BiS DCs, here. How do you think the rest of them feel now?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    abelieverabeliever Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2014
    shiralac wrote: »
    Even this may not do anything to solve the issue or any other..
    ....... Only thing that would make a company stop and really do what the player base wants would be to hit them where it hurts, the wallet. A total or a massive Zen purchasing (with real money) boycott would be the only case to fix this issue and basically all balancing, bugs, exploits that are in game. ..

But to make that to happen, the entire ( or most) player community would have to be all up in arms( fed up), and be in aggreement.

Of course, that could be highly unlikely.

This is the exact opposite of what the solution should be.

If instead there was a massive and sustained increase in revenue to PWE, more staff would be hired. They could then be able to use this increased manpower to more rapidly and more effectively fix what needed fixing. it would also incentivise the creation of a keep the player base content environment.

Some might may say that the increased income would just be pocketed. This is unlikely to be the case.

Instead, there would be a clear incentive to ensure continuity of this increased revenue stream. This means keeping the new revenue stream generators happy; to ensure a continuing and progressive rise in return of investments instead of just a blip.

How could this be accomplished?

Creation of an additional payment mechanism; specifically a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription. Monthly subscriptions are too fickle. Player base participation in this would send a strong positive message of game support to all PWE staff; from management to developers to customer service. The ripple effect would likely trigger an immediate increase in the rapidity of in-game fixes, and short and long term planning for the means of keeping this revenue stream sustainable; this would be an immediate player base win effect. As the player
    base became more content, there would be an influx of new players, and the retention of veteran players would increase.

The oft abused carrot versus stick saying is actually a time-proven truism, and that is what is being advocated.

The honey/vinegar comparison is also overly mentioned, but in this case I would modify it to, if you are a plant, you can get more bees to visit, revisit, and therefore pollinate your flowers if you offer nectar and pollen rather than offering nothing. I use bees instead of flies since we are referring to workers(bees) rather than disease carrying scavengers(flies).

In other words: partially subsciptionise the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have to really sadly say that I completely agree with you... I tried changing enchants, spent all of my AD on new things, respeccing feats, tried everything I could. Ultimately last night I quit the game. I only play healer classes and love to pvp, and if I can't heal in pvp.....well..

This is the point that some posters are consistently missing when they rebut arguments that DCs are disadvantaged by the PvP update. They forget that many players actually liked to heal others, and now PvP DCs have even fewer viable options for build and load-out than they had before. Somehow I don't think that discouraging diversity was a stated goal of this update, but it's indisputably a side effect of it.

There's basically one marginally effective healing skill for self-sustain, and it's Forgemaster's since it "only" gets hit by Healing Depression and not also by Righteousness. Even Astral Shield is fairly anemic now; with everyone stacking tenacity, resisting damage isn't nearly as much of an issue as restoring lost HP.

What we're left with is one viable support route: debuff/buff with some incidental healing. Anyone who liked to move health bars during key moments of a fight will need to get used to disappointment in that regard until Cryptic fixes HD for DCs.

Of course, DCs as a whole are still waiting on a number of issues, such as the disproportionately large number of garbage feats in their trees and that Hammer of Fate rework that was hinted at following the completely unnecessary nerfing of that skill into the ground, so let's hope that this particular issue rates a little bit more urgency. The PvP patch has some real potential, and I'm not completely negative on it, but Healing Depression shouldn't affect DCs the way it currently does.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    The best teams I have seen so far have both used DCs. Healing depression made having a cleric to support me much more important and supporting the cleric much more important. High regen tank builds are no longer self sufficient whether they are DC GF or GWF and much more coordination is required for supporting mid, harassing enemy home and spiking down targets.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I thought i would never say this but DC's are much better after this PvP patch.

What im thinking is that half people that are saying DC's is much worst now are people that didnt try tenacy gear yet, dont have PvP specc or simply play PvP occasionally.

I got 43% DR + 20% DR tenacy + 20% DR Astral shield + Hallowground. With Righteous feat tree i can dodge enemies powers like crazy, i have 33k HP...etc...

I understand that my character is built to do PvP at the moment, righteous tree, enchants for more HP and Deflection, etc... But if u want to compete without been overrun by other PvP players u need to be prepared for it.... Not just queue for PvP with PvE gear/specc and win.... That simply doesnt work.

I can understand people frustation about the DC because people tend to say DC's have only the healer role but i rly believe the only DC's build for pvP are the tanky ones, either if u use powers to heal or to DPS... but u must be tanky or u will simply desapear :/

On side note, im not running with perfects or rank 10's. I already played a lot PvP matchs after PvP patch and i dont think i died more than 5-6 times per match which means something about DC's atm. Also from my experience it seems the matchs are much more balance now but that can happen because people doesnt leave the match right the way but to be honest i already did some rly great and balance PvP matchs after the patch..... And for 80% of the times i play with pugs.

Im not saying this new PvP system was greatly implement yet, we still need to see the incoming weeks for new builds and people with the tier 3 PvP gear. In a couple of weeks i will congrats cryptic about this new PvP system or not lol
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    The best teams I have seen so far have both used DCs. Healing depression made having a cleric to support me much more important and supporting the cleric much more important. High regen tank builds are no longer self sufficient whether they are DC GF or GWF and much more coordination is required for supporting mid, harassing enemy home and spiking down targets.

That's all true, but it doesn't change the fact that many of the class' powers became useless overnight and that there are even fewer viable ways to play DC than before.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    The blue dc tenacity gear is crazy I wish my gf gear had those stats.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Which powers became useless? Word still providing 40% or greater total healing, drop 1 empowered 1 norm on harasser scoot back to mid
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I thought i would never say this but DC's are much better after this PvP patch.

What im thinking is that half people that are saying DC's is much worst now are people that didnt try tenacy gear yet, dont have PvP specc or simply play PvP occasionally.

I got 43% DR + 20% DR tenacy + 20% DR Astral shield + Hallowground. With Righteous feat tree i can dodge enemies powers like crazy, i have 33k HP...etc...

I understand that my character is built to do PvP at the moment, righteous tree, enchants for more HP and Deflection, etc... But if u want to compete without been overrun by other PvP players u need to be prepared for it.... Not just queue for PvP with PvE gear/specc and win.... That simply doesnt work.

I can understand people frustation about the DC because people tend to say DC's have only the healer role but i rly believe the only DC's build for pvP are the tanky ones, either if u use powers to heal or to DPS... but u must be tanky or u will simply desapear :/

On side note, im not running with perfects or rank 10's. I already played a lot PvP matchs after PvP patch and i dont think i died more than 5-6 times per match which means something about DC's atm. Also from my experience it seems the matchs are much more balance now but that can happen because people doesnt leave the match right the way but to be honest i already did some rly great and balance PvP matchs after the patch..... And for 80% of the times i play with pugs.

Again, mitigating damage isn't the issue. Obviously we've become even tankier in that regard. The issue is that we're even more pigeonholed than before and can no longer effectively perform one of the class' essential functions. Healing support has basically gone out the window as a play style, and I can't think that it's a good thing for the class.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Debuff with glow and drop shield. DCs getting 1st place in matches for insane assists and capping.

Sorry for double post POS phone
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Not everyone can or will carry around two sets of gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Healing support is absolutely necessary from dc now because regen and ls arent enough anymore
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Debuff with glow and drop shield. DCs getting 1st place in matches for insane assists and capping.

Sorry for double post POS phone

I hate posting here from my phone. I feel your pain.

Anyway...

Healing Word is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to what it was.
    Divine Armor is close to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Anointed Holy Symbol is basically <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Bastion of Health is even crappier than before.
    Sunburst is significantly crappier between Healing Depression and unreliable knockback effects

Basically there is no viable way to focus on healing support now in PvP. Debuff/buff support used to be a viable play style, and now it's pretty much THE viable play style. What I object to is further limiting our options by nerfing healing powers so hard.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I am in agreement that pre patch a supertank dc was fun to have but an additional prone class was more efficient, now however with healing debuff the cleric support is much more important for recovering hp and prone usefulness is still there but not the be all end all of pvp. Cleric still needs to spec tanky and even then isnt as self sufficient as they used to be but no one is. Classes need to support each other now and cleric are perfect for it heals and debuffs
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Healing support is absolutely necessary from dc now because regen and ls arent enough anymore

Unless you're talking about healing in between fights, a focus on healing support is not viable. Sure, DCs will still bring at least some sustain to the table, but any DC who rolls in rocking all healing powers will be doing the team a disservice. They just don't work well enough anymore. That particular playstyle is defunct at the moment.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    Again, mitigating damage isn't the issue. Obviously we've become even tankier in that regard. The issue is that we're even more pigeonholed than before and can no longer effectively perform one of the class' essential functions. Healing support has basically gone out the window as a play style, and I can't think that it's a good thing for the class.

PM me ingame to team witm me for some PvP matchs, u will see if DC's can heal or not while been hit by 1-2 players. For PvP i still use sunburst, healing word and Astral shield like before :D
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The blue dc tenacity gear is crazy I wish my gf gear had those stats.

Got something with +1600hp, 400 def and tenacity in gauntlgrym today. This is very true.

There are also awesome blue belts and rings in regular pvp. And the regen belts sell for a lot.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    macabrivs wrote: »
    PM me ingame to team witm me for some PvP matchs, u will see if DC's can heal or not while been hit by 1-2 players. For PvP i still use sunburst, healing word and Astral shield like before :D

I play a DC as well; thanks, but I don't need a demo :P

Sure, you can use AS/SB/HW, but it's not as effective as it should be. Players aren't taking 50% less damage, so 50% less healing from a healing support spec is pretty bad overall.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH