Install Arc
Options

The "New" PvP and Clerics.

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    He is a pvp cw, hp more than 30k. And i just locked his hp with div Ex, cast HW and div AS, HG then HW again. His hp full back after some dodging here and there. I have 4 pips of divinity, always save two pips for emergency.

This is kind of what we're already talking about. You have to blow the kitchen sink just to effect anything resembling a burst heal. Unless you walk around using no abilities the entire match except to put all your skills on cooldown at the same time just to save one player, this approach isn't even realistic.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Ice Knife hits for approx 6-10K on geared people.

Shardplosion hits for 5k-10K or so depending on spec/rotation. Shardslam for less.

Talking about crits here.

I can 1 shot people still with shard rotation, but they have to be squishy and ungeared. Then I hit even 22K IK. Even so, with most PvPers above 35K HP, these spells are way more tame than they used to be.

I got the numbers from ACT, from a few PM games against geared teams.

I can only assume that lazuree was talking about prepatch damage numbers.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    This is kind of what we're already talking about. You have to blow the kitchen sink just to effect anything resembling a burst heal. Unless you walk around using no abilities the entire match except to put all your skills on cooldown at the same time just to save one player, this approach isn't even realistic.

So much this. Saving one dude by using two pips of divinity and a gigantic AoE buff daily just for the (only if feated) heal should never be a thing you have to do.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can only assume that lazuree was talking about prepatch damage numbers.

persephone is more tanky than other cw's i think, just from our 1 v 1s so it sacrifices the dmg. However, a well protected glass cannon cw can drop a lot of dmg...
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    Unkillable != threatening, though.

If you built an unkillable DC, it was essentially a trolltank point-contester. You could hold your own against 1, 2 or possibly even 3 dudes for quite some time, but under no situations would you ever present a serious threat to those people. You traded damage output for survivability.

I find it hilarious how so many people fail to grasp this simple concept (then again most of them play GWFs so it's pretty obvious they're not the sharpest tools in the shed). A lot of them have also an extremely poor grasp of all that goes into making a DC that could actually survive those onslaughts, they've also more than likely never played a DC at a high level.

Before the patch my DC only died if 3 (and only if those 3 were 2 GWFs+w/e or 2 CWs+anything that wasn't a DC) or more people were on her, she had pretty much no chance of ever killing anyone though since she was purely support and survival specced. The patch killed every single aspect of her support (temp hp, heals and regen) along with making the already pitiful amount of dmg she did even more laughable.
  • Options
    apexgoulishapexgoulish Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They need to just make a new healing class like a shaman. Why are they still making DPS classes? Give the DC an advantage in PVE and Shaman a advantage in PVP, or make it so its harder to be just as good as a Shaman in pvp for a cleric or something. There are several ways to implement this correctly if they only chose to stop making DPS classes, and focus on things to increase customer happiness such as finding a DD sooner, if at all.
  • Options
    apexgoulishapexgoulish Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I find it hilarious how so many people fail to grasp this simple concept (then again most of them play GWFs so it's pretty obvious they're not the sharpest tools in the shed). A lot of them have also an extremely poor grasp of all that goes into making a DC that could actually survive those onslaughts, they've also more than likely never played a DC at a high level.

Before the patch my DC only died if 3 (and only if those 3 were 2 GWFs+w/e or 2 CWs+anything that wasn't a DC) or more people were on her, she had pretty much no chance of ever killing anyone though since she was purely support and survival specced. The patch killed every single aspect of her support (temp hp, heals and regen) along with making the already pitiful amount of dmg she did even more laughable.
    If you keep a loaded hammer, you can sneak quite the ammount of kills if you have a good team. When I go DPS even though I'm heals, I still make it up there in the kills. Even with going all heals, I still can get like 7 or so if you fish for it. Nothing like a real DPSer but don't underestimate the hammer, I crit like 20's with it, at 14k gs.(pve)
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If you keep a loaded hammer, you can sneak quite the ammount of kills if you have a good team. When I go DPS even though I'm heals, I still make it up there in the kills. Even with going all heals, I still can get like 7 or so if you fish for it. Nothing like a real DPSer but don't underestimate the hammer, I crit like 20's with it, at 14k gs.(pve)

MY DC is an AC and only a complete scrub gets hit by HoF since it was nerfed.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lazuree wrote: »
    persephone is more tanky than other cw's i think, just from our 1 v 1s so it sacrifices the dmg. However, a well protected glass cannon cw can drop a lot of dmg...

Yeah a bit tankier than most, still pretty high damage because of high Int and race (sigh...). Lost HV set so hitting for less now, especially with Tenacity :(

A full glass cannon CW can melt you faster of course, problem is that they die sooooo very fast, a GWF sneeze is enough.
  • Options
    trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Yeah a bit tankier than most, still pretty high damage because of high Int and race (sigh...). Lost HV set so hitting for less now, especially with Tenacity :(

A full glass cannon CW can melt you faster of course, problem is that they die sooooo very fast, a GWF sneeze is enough.

aacchh--- **** I killed a CW chooo
  • Options
    vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Okay after a Little testing the only thing I can mildly find that works with for me is Divinity FF Divinity AS and Sun Burst for a quick AOE heal on low CD. HW is just out of the question. It basically does far less healing then Divinity FF. As my set up was SB AS HW. So basically traded HW for FF.

Well on a positive note I was able to bring down two CW's at a node in a pug solo. I still feel like garbage and I feel like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> running with my guild. I feel like they are carrying me. The loss of HW and it not doing anything really hurt. I mean the ticks just are not worth it at all. Best to go divinity FF for an AOE hot that heals more per tick then HW plus does damage plus slows. I hate it. I hate it with a passion because in between fights I can not heal up my team. I have to wait till they are in the thick of battle.

Also ran a GG that had some Syn Clerics. They where straight rocking it. This made me feel much worse. I am just glad we are on the same side. I felt like such a scrub healing next to them.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Div FF is good but lose to HW when the opponent is ranger or stealth runner. You basically cant heal your allies thats why i pick HW with Healer's lore slotted. For my feats sheet pls see my guide in the signature thank you.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Div FF is good but lose to HW when the opponent is ranger or stealth runner. You basically cant heal your allies thats why i pick HW with Healer's lore slotted. For my feats sheet pls see my guild in the signature thank you.

Why would I use that spec? It has no Healing Step... Healing Step is probably one of the biggest baddest bestest life savors we have. I know it has saved me countless of times. That looks like a healer set-up for PVE. Not for PVP. Get critted go flying around the map for 10 seconds making you an impossible target. Wait ten seconds do it again.. Not using that feat you are essentially target practice.

Idealy in a fight it has almost a 50 percent uptime. This means that the time it is up you can dodge non stop for 10 whole seconds with a 10 second cooldown. I just do not understand any set-up for pvp that does not include that life saving feat.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I agree with both of you
    FF sucks in the case of ranged dpsers (cw/hr) b/c it will not heal you since they stand so far away. AS heal is so weak now I just completely took it off...
    However, to go faithful is also not worth it imo. Healing step is what keeps me alive longer b/c I can dodge most critical attacks for awhile before my team comes to rescue me.
    Healing word was the only way for us to heal ourselves vs ranged dps and they nerfed it into the ground:(
    Even with healer's lore the only skill that heals me for 1k ticks is FF... and like I said it has it's limitations
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I agree with both of you
    FF sucks in the case of ranged dpsers (cw/hr) b/c it will not heal you since they stand so far away. AS heal is so weak now I just completely took it off...
    However, to go faithful is also not worth it imo. Healing step is what keeps me alive longer b/c I can dodge most critical attacks for awhile before my team comes to rescue me.
    Healing word was the only way for us to heal ourselves vs ranged dps and they nerfed it into the ground:(
    Even with healer's lore the only skill that heals me for 1k ticks is FF... and like I said it has it's limitations

When I find myself up against ranged DPS, I have to laugh at how it ridiculous it must look as I slap FF on the nearest one and chase after it to stay in heal range. Well played, Cryptic; I respecced on day 1 of the new patch because I knew Divine FF would be the only heal left to offer any appreciable degree of self sustain.

I can't bring myself to go Faithful in PvP. Healing Step is just too good, and since Faithful's big selling point is additional healing, it's hit even harder by the Healing Depression hammer than Righteous. The only thing that sounds remotely appealing about the Faithful tree is the % heal on Hallowed Ground, but I'm not giving up what basically amounts to my 3rd dodge and further limiting my ability to escape lethal CC chains in the hopes that I will survive well enough to occasionally bestow small % heals to myself and allies.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I agree with both of you
    The heal on AS and crazy long cooldown makes it bad. However even outside of divine mode the 30 percent damage reduction is kinda godly. I have right now almost 40 percent damage reduction. Then the over 20 on tenacity plus the 30 for AS. It is sweet. However for some odd reason those shocking execution crits still find me.....

I kind of wonder what happens if I go and stack DR to 45 and have profane. Should put me close to 25 percent tenacity. So when I lay down a shield would that put me at the 100 DR cap in pvp? Then throw on an exalt for giggles... Might be fun till I square up against a GWF and watch him heal himself with unstopable for more then I could ever hope to accomplish as a healer.... Still trying to think up a logical explanation lore wise for warriors being better self healers then healers. Yes a Paladin I can understand but a warrior? It just makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Div FF is good but lose to HW when the opponent is ranger or stealth runner. You basically cant heal your allies thats why i pick HW with Healer's lore slotted. For my feats sheet pls see my guild in the signature thank you.

You give a lot of good feedback and discussion on forums, but I gotta disagree very strongly here. HW is pathetic now, and Healing Depression is such a large debuff that the 15% bonus from Healer's Lore is completely overshadowed.

HW still works okay for some PUG situations: the kind where you could win no sustain at all. Trying to use HW while fighting a team that brings decent damage and CC to the table is frustrating and pointless.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    when i find myself up against ranged dps, i have to laugh at how it ridiculous it must look as i slap ff on the nearest one and chase after it to stay in heal range.

hey hr get back here with my healz.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The heal on AS and crazy long cooldown makes it bad. However even outside of divine mode the 30 percent damage reduction is kinda godly. I have right now almost 40 percent damage reduction. Then the over 20 on tenacity plus the 30 for AS. It is sweet. However for some odd reason those shocking execution crits still find me.....

I kind of wonder what happens if I go and stack DR to 45 and have profane. Should put me close to 25 percent tenacity. So when I lay down a shield would that put me at the 100 DR cap in pvp? Then throw on an exalt for giggles... Might be fun till I square up against a GWF and watch him heal himself with unstopable for more then I could ever hope to accomplish as a healer.... Still trying to think up a logical explanation lore wise for warriors being better self healers then healers. Yes a Paladin I can understand but a warrior? It just makes no sense.

Unless I'm mistaken, Shocking Execution ignores all damage resistance and immunity. This is why it lands through Divine Exaltation and now hits like a truck compared to everything else.

Unfortunately, no amount of DR will solve this sustain problem. I run with something like 44% DR, 22% Deflect, and 21% Tenacity, and dying to what amounts to chip damage is a real thing. It's nice to be able to eat Lashing Blades, IBS, Ice Knives, etc. and keep on ticking, but the poor state of DC sustain means that it no longer requires excellent strategy or timing to counter us. If you throw enough <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at a DC and aren't completely stupid in going about it, the DC will eventually go down. Don't have to worry about countering that sustain, because it might as well not exist for the most part.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    hey hr get back here with my healz.

It's a real thing! I can imagine them thinking "why is this crazy cleric all up in my grill?"
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    It's a real thing! I can imagine them thinking "why is this crazy cleric all up in my grill?"

Here is the funny part. Last patch on my GWF against pugs I could hold a node all day long. Chip damage just drove me to unstopable and unstopable I healed the small amount of damage I received. This patch GWF takes even less damage but for some reason on my GWF seems like I am and can pop unstopable so much that once again I do not need a healer. Why do we not have something like this for real?

I believe the reason behind this is I take less damage on the GWF then last patch but the determination is built on raw damage not what is left over after mitigation. This makes it so now they are truly better at healing damage taking damage and holding nodes forever without help. This patch buffed GWF and nerfed Cleric.

I still like to hold to the notion that this is an early April fools joke. I just can not believe that they would deliberately buff a class that was destroying Arenas and nerf the class that needed a buff. I just can not see that this could have been an accident or on purpose it has to be a joke.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Here is the funny part. Last patch on my GWF against pugs I could hold a node all day long. Chip damage just drove me to unstopable and unstopable I healed the small amount of damage I received. This patch GWF takes even less damage but for some reason on my GWF seems like I am and can pop unstopable so much that once again I do not need a healer. Why do we not have something like this for real?

I believe the reason behind this is I take less damage on the GWF then last patch but the determination is built on raw damage not what is left over after mitigation. This makes it so now they are truly better at healing damage taking damage and holding nodes forever without help. This patch buffed GWF and nerfed Cleric.

I still like to hold to the notion that this is an early April fools joke. I just can not believe that they would deliberately buff a class that was destroying Arenas and nerf the class that needed a buff. I just can not see that this could have been an accident or on purpose it has to be a joke.

Your post makes me so happy... finally someone who sees the balance in the game for what it is: a complete mess and joke
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Your post makes me so happy... finally someone who sees the balance in the game for what it is: a complete mess and joke

Don't worry Sep, someday, when they've lost more players, they'll come to their senses and fix this mess. But it may be a long, long time, took Blizzard about two years to fix D3...
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Yeah but I am not gonna say the mess is just them. PVP is hard to balance with PVE. I can name several games like that in the MMORPG genre. I am not saying it can not be done but it truly is hard. WoW never ever got it right. They are constantly nerfing PVE because of PVP reasons. Rift does not have it right they actually broke there pvp even more by hiring the guy that BROKE Warhammer. Also do I need to remind anyone of the bright wizard fiasco of Warhammer?

Now I can also tell you games that got it right as well. The UO and UO:Ren the golden years of UO they had it right. Runescape is pretty fairly balanced if you like that sort of thing. Personally I hate runescape but ehh.

Also PW previous titles where a major PVP success. PW DOES know PVP. BOI and WOI where LOADS of fun pertaining to PVP. So yeah not sure what the case is in this situation.

With all that said it feels as if this patch was not ready to go out and thoroughly thought out. Tenacity is a GREAT idea. If gear and Tenacity was all they added it would be livable untill next update. Yes GWF's would still get the better end of the deal but it would be livable. However with healing debuff it is not livable in any way or form.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I might just add that I've always used my PvE faithful DC for PvP (because two DCs? I'm not made of time, man), so no healing step, but if you timed your dodges right it was still workable (usually skirting round the edges of your astral, old-skool PvE style), and for those times when you ran out of stamina and the GWF was ALL UP IN UR FAEC you just popped a divine forgemasters on him and giggled.

Course that was back then.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Of cuz i know being a faithful oriented cleric is worse than righteous sent. But i enjoy healing and saving people~~ Ok you said bursting all potential healing and daily just to save a guy is totally not worthing but if i dont do it, it will be 5v4 and sooner 5v3...2...1... and i am dead too...

Devs said they will rework on DC healing in pvp but that will cost them some time, buffs on cleric healing maybe will launch at M3 and i am waiting for it.

The reason i play as healer is a sent cleric provide nothing to team when 5v5-ing at mid except as a dummy. Everyone just ignore the "dashing here and there" cleric and kill all the others first. And thanks to sent clerics, people tend not to attack or kill clerics when seeing them start dodging, they thought we got many extra dodges so they don't want to waste their time and encounter or daily on us but in reality we as faithful healers got no more stamina to dodge and it is so good to see they change their target to other guys~~ Thanks, sent clerics!!!

I admit HW and healer's lore is not so good, but i got no choice if i want to give out extremely effective, competitive healing numbers to assist my team. When both team with equally skilled and gear meet, it depends on which dc can sustain their allies hp, or number of gwf and emblem in each team.

I hope i can do so, my hope is the man of the match of every game is always a cleric with great heals, not gwfs with legendary emblems.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    HW still works okay for some PUG situations: the kind where you could win no sustain at all. Trying to use HW while fighting a team that brings decent damage and CC to the table is frustrating and pointless.

From my personal experience and theorycrafting, my heal is decreased just by abit only. Feated Healer's lore give 20% heals, exaltation feats give 10% more heals. Grim set + Enduring relief gives 10% heals. Excluding "the always have" Wis healing bonus and 3% healing from feats, i got only -10% healing debuff when under healing depression but without it i do 140% healing with HW and AS!! In addition the extra divinity gain from pvp set (25%), 6% from Bountiful Fortune amd 20% more from divine fortune + Sacred Flame combo makes you spam HW in normal and DM so often and its healing power cannot be underestimated, also a vorpal will further enchance HW power by higher crit heals (which makes Healing Depression kinda weak on us). The only problem is when a hr or cw locked me and focus me no matter what, i am absolute squishy and require high protection from allies. Atm i am still working on pvp healers, will provide more feedbacks and screenshots as informations.

*Note: pvping with EoA as opponent with HW and healer's lore has nothing big problem in healing teammates. You basically don't want your FF-ed target run away from your near dying teammate or the FF debuff being cleansed do you?
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    IMHO, DC is not for healing not even on pve to be honest, the capabilities of defense buff and debuff are the main ones. if you are trying to heal on pvp or are being just a heal bot on pve you are being a very limited DC, change it for debuffs (almost 100% dps increase for the team) and your party buff (40-60% more defense) and you still is usefull in pve and pvp...

of course that's only my opinion.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Devs said they will rework on DC healing in pvp but that will cost them some time, buffs on cleric healing maybe will launch at M3 and i am waiting for it.

So instead of waiting to input the healing debuff until they fix Cleric healing or patching it out untill they do fix it they think it is okay to leave clerics broken and just say tough deal with it? I mean yeah I understand they are reworking it and working on it but how is it fair we are told to just suffer.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    From my personal experience and theorycrafting, my heal is decreased just by abit only. Feated Healer's lore give 20% heals, exaltation feats give 10% more heals. Grim set + Enduring relief gives 10% heals. Excluding "the always have" Wis healing bonus and 3% healing from feats, i got only -10% healing debuff when under healing depression but without it i do 140% healing with HW and AS!! In addition the extra divinity gain from pvp set (25%), 6% from Bountiful Fortune amd 20% more from divine fortune + Sacred Flame combo makes you spam HW in normal and DM so often and its healing power cannot be underestimated, also a vorpal will further enchance HW power by higher crit heals (which makes Healing Depression kinda weak on us). The only problem is when a hr or cw locked me and focus me no matter what, i am absolute squishy and require high protection from allies. Atm i am still working on pvp healers, will provide more feedbacks and screenshots as informations.

*Note: pvping with EoA as opponent with HW and healer's lore has nothing big problem in healing teammates. You basically don't want your FF-ed target run away from your near dying teammate or the FF debuff being cleansed do you?

Basically you need all of the stars to align so that you can attempt to compensate for Healing Depression. Also, I somehow I doubt that this math adds up quite the way that you think it does.

I suspect that it works more like this...

Base Heal: 1000
    Base Heal after +40% total bonus: 1400
    Net Heal after Healing Depression: 700

You're throwing everything you have into healing and sacrificing more viable PvP feats for a fairly poor return. And you won't even get that much 100% of the time. And don't forget the Shadowtouched boon :P

Buffs to Divinity aren't quite as good as they look on paper. I experienced no appreciable difference in my Divinity gain after starting to wear the Grim set even though it's a whopping 25% bonus. I'm sure it does help, but it's not nearly as amazing as one might expect.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into guild tags. Not everyone in every PvP guild is an amazing player, and you'll also run into people's alts getting dailies out of the way.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH