test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Event: Challenge of the Gods (Ended, was for PC)

Comments

• Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    they are still selling for 3k a pop. i highly recommend people sell them based on my experience with them all day.
  • Options
    everwherebuthereeverwherebuthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It was reported in the bug forum that the crafting challenge could not be successfully completed while mounted. Was that your issue?
    No, the first 5 were standing in the same zone as I accepted ("50 feet away"), never mounted during that time. But those tasks were technically completed before the challenge, just the rewards had not been collected.

No, the next 5 were started in that ^^^ same spot in the Dread Ring zone, i mounted and rode across the zone, but were completed and collected in the Dread Ring daily instance, Phantasmal Fortress.

Maybe some other factors are involved with the bug.

edit: thanks. i will check the bug forum again. i actually started by using google, and found this thread, though.

edit: oh i see it now, in the bug forum. although it is very cleverly hidden, so that i did not even see it, even after reading that specific post for the first two time. The third time, I finally noticed the word 'crafting' buried in the second paragraph.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the mechanics of the event but the rewards are beyond lame in my opinion , impossible to farm ardent coins , cape clips so badly it is completely unwearable , celestial dye pack is okay I guess , divine injury kit is as useless as everything else and to top it off regular pots and trash being passed off as EPIC quality rewards , on top of all that there are achievements for doing the challenges one and five times each but no titles , Tymoras gift and Coins of Waukeen were both light years ahead of this.

One major potion of healing and one potion of rejuvenation = Epic quality?
    epicfailure_zps652d1d8b.jpg
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I've found the event ok to do and was happy when I got the cloak as a reward after lots and lots of rank 4 enchants. Unfortunately it seems to suffer from the same issue that a lot of other items do if you're a Halfling - it's too long/doesn't scale down to Halfling size properly.

cloak1.jpgcloak2.jpgcloak3.jpg

I've not tried to break the game with a tiny character, so why doesn't the equipment scale down properly?
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm actually not even going to bother with this event now. Going to stick with STO cause of their 4th anniversary event and another game this weekend.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This challenge seems bugged. I tried:

received rewards for 5 Artificing tasks already started and completed <- no credit for any of these
    started and completed and received rewards for 5 new Artificing tasks <- no credit for any of these either

Does changing zones break the challenge? Another partially broken event? Comments?

If I had to guess on the bug... cause that's all we can do... Artificing may not be set correctly
    since it was added later. Try other tasks?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What about the achievments? Are there more then the two in the skirmish-category? and is this a bug, why are they there in skirmish?

As long as Moradin is bugged its imposible to get the second achievment however.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some of the challenges are much harder than others, yet reward the same thing. Not being able to use any at-wills or having to kill tough monsters only is more difficult than, say, just drinking 10 potions or so forth.

Still, it's nice to have an event going. I only wish the items were BtA instead of BoP.

Also - does the mantle display your character's chosen deity emblem, or is it the same for everybody?

Thanks!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

Also - does the mantle display your character's chosen deity emblem, or is it the same for everybody?

Thanks!

Yeah in the middle is a small circle with your characters deity picture in it , the same picture that the invocation button has ( at least for Sune so I assume for everyone)
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    540 boxes, 1 invocation, no cloak. Really Cryptic? Really? Achievement broken.
  • Options
    voratusvoratus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Anyone know what profession tasks count for the challenge? I tried to transmute/create a couple of things in alchemy (started and completed the task while the timer was active) and none counted toward the total.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not wasting my time with this....event, nowhere near worth it, rewards not worth it and seems % for some "useful" stuff is like 1%, and, well not as many coins as many of us thought. Ill just hope in the next event they redeem themselves, because this one i have to rate it -6 out of 10. That's just my opinion.
  • Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    voratus wrote: »
    Anyone know what profession tasks count for the challenge? I tried to transmute/create a couple of things in alchemy (started and completed the task while the timer was active) and none counted toward the total.

I tried Alchemy & Mailsmithing and finished about 8 crafts during 2 separate Moradin challenges.

Was in a Foundry mission when finishing crafting but that shouldn't make a difference.

None of them registered and challenge expired with a failure.

Buggy I expect
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • Options
    harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sorry to the developers who put this event together but it is very dissapointing.

When my guild-mates and I saw it on the calendar we were hoping for something truly epic and perhaps linked to the choice made in character creation as to which religion to follow.

If I were to design a "Challenge of the Gods" event , it would be once monthly and would be for a different God each month. Each God would grant a different boon along the lines of the Sharandar or Dread Ring campaigns. This would allow for further customization in character creation and would make choice of religion actually mean something.

for such a loftily titles event, Challenge of the Gods is more like Challenge of the less than mediocre dudes.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep, I have to say this by far the worst event I've seen in NW. Challenges that aren't challenging giving epic rewards that are not epic.

Seriously, is this event aimed at the really low level players?
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    Oh thanks for posting this. I was trying hard, on several characters to cut cooldown times, because I really desired those cloaks. That's all I needed, but if the devs think I'm gonna waste the whole time grinding without a break for a cosmetic cloak, they are mistaking. This game is more and more dissappointing.

PS : Oh and thanks for fixing the arcane coffers after 2 months of dropping ****. The drop rates in this game are ridiculous, I'm tired of not getting anything, not even a stupid power ranger cloak. Seriously, I hope not all cloaks look like the screenshot. I hoped for something similar to "Caturday survivor".
  • Options
    voratusvoratus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vikingbrad wrote: »
    I tried Alchemy & Mailsmithing and finished about 8 crafts during 2 separate Moradin challenges.

Was in a Foundry mission when finishing crafting but that shouldn't make a difference.

None of them registered and challenge expired with a failure.

Buggy I expect

So I tried some other item-making profession tasks. Made some mailsmithing, platesmithing, and tailoring. I noticed a disturbing trend to which ones "counted" and which ones didn't.

Only the tasks that I accelerated to complete with astral diamonds counted. The ones that were 15 minutes which could be started and completed within the time frame didn't count. Now, accelerating a 20 minute low-level task only costs around 1000 AD, but this should not be a requirement for the challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Twice it happened, L 25 HR accepts quest, "stay alive at only 50% health or less".

Health less than 50%, kill last "Rotter", quest fails, message reads "you left quest"

I guess so, killing last minion quest is LEFT completed.

EXPLAIN! I'm waiting.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jimden wrote: »
    Twice it happened, L 25 HR accepts quest, "stay alive at only 50% health or less".

Health less than 50%, kill last "Rotter", quest fails, message reads "you left quest"

You have to stay below 50% for 30 seconds while in combat. If you leave combat early (by killing all attacks for example) you fail the challenge.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I got that one twice in a row with my CW who has 12k regen and 950 life steal. I just gave up.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . I'm really enjoying this event. It's a good distraction from the repetition of the Sharandar/Dread Ring dailies and I really want that cloak on several of my characters. I love the dye pack too as well as the special buff potions and the special injury kits. The only thing I do not like is the massive amounts of normal potions being rewarded and being proclaimed as being "epic rewards." Normal potions are not epic. Fun event, poor drop tables.
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    is this for real or a joke??? cause it is not challengeing at all and if the Gods handed this down they are laughing at us.
  • Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OK, if I'm understanding the reply, I must enter the quest at less than 50% and stay alive during the quest at less than 50%?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I'm really enjoying this event. It's a good distraction from the repetition of the Sharandar/Dread Ring dailies and I really want that cloak on several of my characters. I love the dye pack too as well as the special buff potions and the special injury kits. The only thing I do not like is the massive amounts of normal potions being rewarded and being proclaimed as being "epic rewards." Normal potions are not epic. Fun event, poor drop tables.

You do realize that the transmutable cloak is technically the only epic gift in available in the gift boxes. According to the standards set by the devs themselves the pots are uncommon, the enchants and the divine injury kit are uncommon, the invocation gift and dye packs are rare leaving only 1 item which is the celestial mantle as an actual epic gift.

So it can be said that the devs have/are lying to us with this event. And personally I don't consider a transmutable item to be epic. It offers nothing else but a different look, at best it should be listed as rare.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    OK, if I'm understanding the reply, I must enter the quest at less than 50% and stay alive during the quest at less than 50%?

. . . For the Challenge of Corellon; You start the 30-second timer by dropping below 50% heath when in combat and then must remain both in combat and below 50% heath for the 30 second timer. If you go above 50% health and/or leave combat before the 30 second timer finishes, you fail the challenge.

. . . For the Challenge of Kelemvor; You must kill enemies while under 50% health. If you go above 50% health, the kills will not count. You fail if you do not kill 5 enemies during the 5-minute timer while under 50% health.
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Credits to the guy who voiced "Challenge of <insert deity name here>", he sounded really cool!

Other than that, the event is just...

"Whut now? -_-"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..I do want a cloak. Gonna have to can my life steal for a couple quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    snotty wrote: »
    You do realize that the transmutable cloak is technically the only epic gift in available in the gift boxes. According to the standards set by the devs themselves the pots are uncommon, the enchants and the divine injury kit are uncommon, the invocation gift and dye packs are rare leaving only 1 item which is the celestial mantle as an actual epic gift.

So it can be said that the devs have/are lying to us with this event. And personally I don't consider a transmutable item to be epic. It offers nothing else but a different look, at best it should be listed as rare.
    . . . I consider the cloak, the injury kits, the special buff potions that give 300 in two stats and lasts an hour, the special healing potions that heal over 9000 hp and then heal you for another 9000 if you drop below 50% health during their hour buff, as well as the prayer bag to all be "epic" worthy. I do not consider the normal potions and enchantments to be "epic" worthy.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a nice break while running dailies, just not a good reason to stick around and farm, unlike the most similar events of Tymora and Waukeen. The challenges themselves are for the most part interesting - though due to my chars' regen and/or lifesteal the Corellon one isn't viable except for my fighters who have enough defense and HP to not be seriously in danger below 50%. I also took a pass on the professions one as it wasn't worth the guaranteed AD I'd lose by cancelling ongoing tasks. So far, I've gotten two injury kits (very nice), one coin reset (mostly good for the extra coin but it's on one my newest chars and not a great benefit towards the Angel, also one reset doesn't mean as much when you'd still lose 7 more Celestial coins should it be needed), one dye pack and a bunch of enchants (which all went into artifacts - so lackluster but still useful)

All in all, though. I don't get the contempt some have expressed in various places about the event. You lose nothing by ignoring it or by failing a challenge and like Quick Death contest, it's free stuff for mostly just killing things you don't like anyway.It's only a drain on your time if you let it be one.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The restriction of one Invocation gift a day has to go.

The perception we players had that we could obtain more Ardent Coins was supposed to be the main feature of this event, but it ended up being a major letdown due to that restriction.
This discussion has been closed.