test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Event: Challenge of the Gods (Ended, was for PC)

Comments

• Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It's not a lockbox, it's a giftbox that opens for free.
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You don't need keys for the Gifts of the Gods. Lock-box is a catch all term for any of the chance box items, the Gift of Tymora and Waukeen's Coin Purse were also called "lock-boxes" even though they weren't well, locked. The actual lock-boxes ( Nightmare, Feywild, etc) specifically note in their description pop up that you need a key to open them something not in the gift's description.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got 3 quests in about 15 minutes. Failed the first, easily completed the next two. Got a minor haul of nice enchantments & runestones for my troubles, which I immediately fed into my artifact.

It's free, it's random, you get what you get ... roll your dice, move your mice, drive on. Besides, you've got a whole weekend to score. Patience, grasshopper!
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    Can you have multiple challenges active at the same time? For example: the crafting task takes possibly the longest time out of them all, so would it be possible to obtain another challenge while waiting for the profession one to finish?

I'm following up on this.

Follow-up: You cannot have multiple challenges active at a time.
  • Options
    oriyellow8oriyellow8 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lol the worst of all is that there is some cool down on the event challenges - like 3-5 min between - so i suppose to farm one gift than wait 3 min than try farm another ...
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You don't need keys for the Gifts of the Gods. Lock-box is a catch all term for any of the chance box items, the Gift of Tymora and Waukeen's Coin Purse were also called "lock-boxes" even though they weren't well, locked. The actual lock-boxes ( Nightmare, Feywild, etc) specificaly not in their description pop up that you need a key to open them something not in the gift's description.

Ah ok my bad, did not realize that.

Still confused about the *not intended more than once per day thing however.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So... don't farm.

I'm going to play normally and maybe get a couple of perks. No big deal.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    omgallnamesinuseomgallnamesinuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh ppl complaining for getting something :) NOt the best event but still is an event.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SIMPLE QUESTION: Can I collect multiple challenges in inventory and activate them at my leisure?

It is understood that each challenge is timed and the challenge must be completed within the timeframe allotted. I will presume the following, unless official word is that this is not the case:

I can collect multiple "challenges" in my inventory, but their timers do not activate until I start the challenge, then I must complete that challenge within the "countdown timer" for a successful completion. However, all other "challenges" sitting idle in my inventory can still be activate whenever I choose (during the event only, of course) - but only one challenge can be active at a time.

So if I pickup a challenge, logout for the night, log-in the next day - I can still 'accept' (activate) that challenge I picked-up last night. Is this correct?

I know: I could just try it and find out. But I'm excited for this event and I'm at work right now. :-(
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh ppl complaining for getting something :) NOt the best event but still is an event.

You do realize that's like saying "well it wasn't very nice to be stabbed in the leg but at least it broke the monotony". If the event is lame then it's really better just to not have it at all, leaves a bad impression.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SIMPLE QUESTION: Can I collect multiple challenges in inventory and activate them at my leisure?

It is understood that each challenge is timed and the challenge must be completed within the timeframe allotted. I will presume the following, unless official word is that this is not the case:

I can collect multiple "challenges" in my inventory, but their timers do not activate until I start the challenge, then I must complete that challenge within the "countdown timer" for a successful completion. However, all other "challenges" sitting idle in my inventory can still be activate whenever I choose (during the event only, of course) - but only one challenge can be active at a time.

So if I pickup a challenge, logout for the night, log-in the next day - I can still 'accept' (activate) that challenge I picked-up last night. Is this correct?

I know: I could just try it and find out. But I'm excited for this event and I'm at work right now. :-(

The event drops and item where as soon as you pickup the item, you accept the quest and the timer starts.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2014

yeah, but... I expected a challenge at the kratos level .
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited February 2014
    Hmm.. got a gift box, open it and there is a 'thmm' sound, like in getting purple stuff from lockboxes. The text said I received an elite gift in purple letters, and guess what I got, 2 rank 4 stones... <.<.... epic..really??
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Rather see them spend the time on creating actually useful stuff, even if its like bugfixes...

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    cohrockcohrock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A lot of negativity here, but I actually like the event. Some of the challenges have made me think in different ways than normal play, and I find that refreshing.
    -- Rich
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    You do realize that's like saying "well it wasn't very nice to be stabbed in the leg but at least it broke the monotony". If the event is lame then it's really better just to not have it at all, leaves a bad impression.

No, that's a bad analogy. I admit that I was hoping for more out of this event, but I wouldn't equate the event to being stabbed in the leg. A better analogy would be going into a restaurant hoping for a nice steak but getting a plain burger instead.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

I would hardly call it an "event."

Ill settle for any minor bug fix instead.

Uh, thanks for trying?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Ah ok my bad, did not realize that.

Still confused about the *not intended more than once per day thing however.

It means, you can't get more than 1 ardent coin per day from using the gifts. So in total you can get 2 ardent coins every day (until you run out of gifts).
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i`m done with it, hope a more reasonable event next time.
    would have been more nice if the coin gifts were account bound.
    but that wasn`t the biggest issue, don`t like quest where i need to take off gear to stay under 50% health and disable pet.
    then put stuf on again and use pet, then put clothes off again.
    too complicated.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    It is real simple... they don't want everyone getting 300 of the **** things in a day and then the whole server will have angels... this allows you to get 2 Ardent coins a day (pretty sweet actually) ... one by praying and one by the gift.

At least that is how I read it.

That would make sense, and hopefully how it works. Line should have read: only one bonus coin per day
  • Options
    beffoobeffoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've done 2 of these challenges, but it doesn't seem like the other ones working for me.
    Since I try to do them but when i've like killed 10 foes or whatever, I don't get the loot,
    Does anybody know why this is? is it a bug?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    beffoo wrote: »
    I've done 2 of these challenges, but it doesn't seem like the other ones working for me.
    Since I try to do them but when i've like killed 10 foes or whatever, I don't get the loot,
    Does anybody know why this is? is it a bug?

There isn't one that just says "kill 10 foes". There should have been some other stipulation like no using a daily in the process. Are you sure you didn't fail whatever the stipulation is?
  • Options
    captainpoopscaptainpoops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    i`m done with it, hope a more reasonable event next time.
    would have been more nice if the coin gifts were account bound.
    but that wasn`t the biggest issue, don`t like quest where i need to take off gear to stay under 50% health and disable pet.
    then put stuf on again and use pet, then put clothes off again.
    too complicated.

That's only one way to do it. All you have to do is get below 50% health and then stay alive for 30 seconds. You don't have to kill anything.
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ill sum it all down this event totally sucks compared to others this is the worst, very bad loot not enough good loot for me to even attempt it anymore. 2 hours and absolute garbage im jut saying. Nice try cryptic but please don't make a terrible event like this again :(
    Edit: It's only good if you have nothing else to do but that's all.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yes nvm that post, the part about the account bound. i just read the event only gives 4 the whole event so, i would have had 120 coins on 1 char from the event :D with 30 chars ;p
    didn`t expect it to be so little reward giving, still can`t believe it`s a cloak and 4 coins for the whole event, but better then nothing for some, i`m skipping it and go to bed soon i guess :D

so.. with other words, it doesn`t mather what needs to be done for the rewards anymore :Dbut yes tried it, but quest didn`t complete, looked also like my mob was getting a little out of combat while i was next to him. weird but doesn`t matter.
  • Options
    beffoobeffoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    There isn't one that just says "kill 10 foes". There should have been some other stipulation like no using a daily in the process. Are you sure you didn't fail whatever the stipulation is?

Yeah, that's why I wrote "or whatever" xD, yeah I'm pretty sure did the things required
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ill sum it all down this event totally sucks compared to others this is the worst, very bad loot not enough good loot for me to even attempt it anymore. 2 hours and absolute garbage im jut saying. Nice try cryptic but please don't make a terrible event like this again :(
    Edit: It's only good if you have nothing else to do but that's all.

Rare box item should have been a cool companion. Maybe a celestial gold dragon hatchling companion, or young gold dragon mount. Then it would have been interesting.

Can you imagine the hardcore grind people would do for a dragon mount? 24/7 play
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    Hmm.. got a gift box, open it and there is a 'thmm' sound, like in getting purple stuff from lockboxes. The text said I received an elite gift in purple letters, and guess what I got, 2 rank 4 stones... <.<.... epic..really??

lol yep, 2 rank 4 enchants - EPIC!!!!111
  • Options
    vartloccurvartloccur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Invocation Gift clarification:
    The Invocation Gift will give you you an additional Ardent Coin and it's only possible to get one Invocation Gift every day.
    Do you mean you can only actually get one Invocation Gift every day or use one Invocation Gift every day? Because this just leads to stacking basic Gifts and just opening them until you get Invocation Gift and then proceeding next day.
    Unless, of course, these Gifts won't vanish after event.
This discussion has been closed.