test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Event: Challenge of the Gods (Ended, was for PC)

Comments

• Options
    jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    The less than 50% health one will also be tough for those with high LS. :)

I had to take some of my gear off my GF to get this one
  • Options
    paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited February 2014
    This. The event is sort of bunk after reading that. The cape is cool, and getting the dyes for free is good, but other then that there is nothing about this event I liked. Grinding for junk enchants and potions is not fun, especially when it costs me a revive scroll some times doing corellions challenge.
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    Invocation Gift When opened, this item resets the cooldown on Invocation and grants you an Ardent Coin*.
    *: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.

aha, now i think i understand it, so unlimted gifts and only open 1 each day because you won`t get a 3rd coin.
    Luckily, I read you guys' posts here otherwise I would mistakenly open all my gifts in one day. So iiuc, if I have lots of gifts, I open them until I get an Ardent Coin, and then I save the rest of gifts and open them at the next day.

I have opened 10 today and haven't got an Ardent Coin.
  • Options
    paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited February 2014
    My life and times as a wood elf, and my devotion to good and the god of my fair sylvian race has gotten me noticed and most loved by my fair god, Corellion.

He has but one final show of faith intended for me, I just have to go get the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicked out of me and survive for 30 seconds while a horde of elf hating monsters tee off on my face and try to drive my race to extinction one elf at a time. But he will reward me with a vast bounty of...the exact same tier four enchantments as I normally get...

This is Gruumsh or Lolth pretending to be Corellion...isn't it...
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • Options
    tricksterknighttricksterknight Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2014
    The Idea Of Doing different little challenges is cool, though i wouldn't call it an event, just a challenge.
    what makes this event blow like a loud ship horn is the gifts.

I mean seriously, after 300 gift rewards, resulting in mostly HP potions and greater tidespans or something ( which the HP potions you gonna wind up using back into the event, I've got 1 divine injury kit and some potion that gives like 300 recovery for 20 seconds or some bs. on top of that what other people are getting, absolute nonsense <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, which makes the *event* absolute nonsense <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. and the Devs showing us they are working on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this instead of fixing the immunity bug with rooting and the GWF rush spam bug? I mean come the hell on. and I'm with someone who said they should have put a companion in the box. maybe a rank 8 enchant chance, be nice to see something besides CRAPPY level 4s drop, and yeah the ardent coin *1 per day* is the biggest disappointment of all i too was under the impression that it was gonna boost, 2 per day for 4 days? <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> even 4 per day would have been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the moral of this post is due to the Events prizes ,, the event is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, end of story.

btw this made me laugh, very well put!.......
    My life and times as a wood elf, and my devotion to good and the god of my fair sylvian race has gotten me noticed and most loved by my fair god, Corellion.

He has but one final show of faith intended for me, I just have to go get the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicked out of me and survive for 30 seconds while a horde of elf hating monsters tee off on my face and try to drive my race to extinction one elf at a time. But he will reward me with a vast bounty of...the exact same tier four enchantments as I normally get...

This is Gruumsh or Lolth pretending to be Corellion...isn't it...
  • Options
    howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2014
    In-game events are supposed to be fun, exciting and rewarding.
    In regards to this specific event:

Fun? Maybe for a few minutes, when you get your first challenge and hear some random voiceover. And from then on it's grindfest, which gets more annoying with the "well thought out" challenges.

Exciting? There's no GM/dev involvement at all in the event in-game, which really makes me wonder if they actually test their events before introducing them.

Rewarding? Mediocre at best, the cloak's the only unique reward and it isn't even that good looking. Oh forgot to mention the Divine Injury Kit, well played.

Here's what Challenge of the Gods should be like:
    Some random devs/GM comes in the game with some new God theme costume (which can be sold in ZEN store later on) and either spawn challenging monster waves randomly or some challenging puzzles like some obstacle dodging course, etc. with some big reward when completed.

What's in the game now isn't Challenge of the Gods, it's the Challenge to whoever gets the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the Gift of the Gods. So reflect on it.

And one more thing. The bane to every event: RESTRICTIONS.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    howdyyeow wrote: »
    In-game events are supposed to be fun, exciting and rewarding.
    In regards to this specific event:

Fun? Maybe for a few minutes, when you get your first challenge and hear some random voiceover. And from then on it's grindfest, which gets more annoying with the "well thought out" challenges.

This
    Exciting? There's no GM/dev involvement at all in the event in-game, which really makes me wonder if they actually test their events before introducing them.

Rewarding? Mediocre at best, the cloak's the only unique reward and it isn't even that good looking. Oh forgot to mention the Divine Injury Kit, well played.

Here's what Challenge of the Gods should be like:
    Some random devs/GM comes in the game with some new God theme costume (which can be sold in ZEN store later on) and either spawn challenging monster waves randomly or some challenging puzzles like some obstacle dodging course, etc. with some big reward when completed.

What's in the game now isn't Challenge of the Gods, it's the Challenge to whoever gets the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the Gift of the Gods. So reflect on it.

And one more thing. The bane to every event: RESTRICTIONS.

I was really hoping for something neat, like any instance or single player dungeon having a special mob or npc added to spawn that would issue a challenge based on the deity you worshiped. Help the NPC or defeat the mob and gain something neat, new piece of armor, ardent coin, new cloak, something cool like that. AN actual reward for faithful playing and vanquishing of evil.

What we got was "Big Torms Discount ben of savings, half off tier 4 enchantments, kill 5 get 3 potions free!"
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bwahaha. roflmao.

For the Challenge of Chauntea I had to use TEN healing potions in 3 minutes.
    My Epic Reward: ONE healing potion, and ONE Elixir of Reflexes.

Come on out Loki -- I know it's you!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Besides the reward being not as ideal as expected, the mechanism of challenges is somewhat inexplicable. Why do deities interfere other deities' businesses, that they challenge followers of other deities?

It should be like this: a player receive challenges only from his/her deity. All deities' challenges could be approximately at the same difficulty but with different objectives which are related to deities themselves so that worshiping different deities at least has some meaningfulness. Currently the mechanism works like players choosing different deities is meaningless.
  • Options
    spiffymcbangspiffymcbang Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    voratus wrote: »
    So I tried some other item-making profession tasks. Made some mailsmithing, platesmithing, and tailoring. I noticed a disturbing trend to which ones "counted" and which ones didn't.

Only the tasks that I accelerated to complete with astral diamonds counted. The ones that were 15 minutes which could be started and completed within the time frame didn't count. Now, accelerating a 20 minute low-level task only costs around 1000 AD, but this should not be a requirement for the challenge.

I noticed the same thing. I lost a minimal amount- waited until it was 333 because I had started a minute too late to get everything done in time- but the potential gifts would have to be pretty damned good for me to go along with that. I'm assuming it's bugged, but I wonder if they'll get it fixed by the time the weekend's up.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    anyone looted neck item ?

any1 mind posting SS ?

drop ratio seems teribad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly, the rewards are so bad in this event cant we just do away with the stupid "challenges" and just make it so that the (all too often) worthless gift boxes drop like during the tymora event? Hell, at least with that event you could get dragon eggs.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just logged from the game... disgusted with myself for even participating in this thing they call an "event". Really, really saddened by this as every other event before this one have at least been rewarding.

The only thing "good" I can say about the event is that I'll be playing SotC more because of it.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    At this point my grievances are:

- Lack of originality: GM impersonating mobs? No. Special instances? No. Avatars to fight? No. Just kill x mobs in x time variations mostly

- Lack of effort: there was no real effort in making the missions: somebody sat down and said "Ok lets come up with some mission for each deity" and as a result these are sometimes very similar and often not very well thought out, just ideas to make the number

- F2P syndrome: the rewards are quite ridiculous and the F2P nature rears its ugly head - they give us <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so we spend more money on the "worthwile" stuff which makes me worrying about the direction things could take

Had my fun but maybe it's time to start looking around already...Levelling my 4th char to 60 and things start to look quite stale.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I will say I was hoping for something a bit more from "Challenges of the Gods". On the whole though it just a bit of a twist to running your normal dailies, with an extra bit of loot thrown in every once in a while. Some of the potions are better than the standard potion drops, plus the Cloak as a cosmetic item make it somewhat worthwhile to do some of them. Basically I'm just going to run my normal day, not going to go out of my way to complete any of them. Most of the prizes are not worth the extra effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I got 3 quests in about 15 minutes. Failed the first, easily completed the next two. Got a minor haul of nice enchantments & runestones for my troubles, which I immediately fed into my artifact.

It's free, it's random, you get what you get ... roll your dice, move your mice, drive on. Besides, you've got a whole weekend to score. Patience, grasshopper!

Yeah, I know, it is just some free stuff to get while doing your dailies. So I end up with 4-5 R4 more than usual. Fine, a few more points for my artifact for about the same effort, not going to complain. But the problem is the hype.

We were expecting, based on the announcement a, uh, I dunno, a CHALLENGE. Some really THOUGH stuff to do, directed by the Gods, that would then reward us with something cool, or maybe something useful. Wards? rare marks? Special fashion items? Instead, all we actually get are potions and the same common enchants. Oh, and the Gods sure don't want to CHALLENGE us. Oooooooooooooh, kill 5 though (Definition: Doesn't get instagibbed by an encounter power) in 5 minutes. Man, that's soooooooooo hard.

Challenge of the Gods? More like Challenge of the Trolls!!
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Farmed a bit on my 56 lvl cleric while doing zone quests, did 8 "challenges" in an hour I guess, may be more. 7 times I got pots and 8th was an Ardent Coin. ****, I've gotten more pots from just killing enemies, really, I bought 50 minor health pots and after completing the challenge of drinking 10 pots I got 1 potion of rejuvenation. Frustration of the Gods, or even Disappointment of the Gods, lol. Logged off.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    anyone looted neck item ?

any1 mind posting SS ?

drop ratio seems teribad

I'll post a screenie when I get in from work if nobody else has but I'll tell you ahead of time it clips like crazy and in it's current state is completely unwearable IMO , the sad thing is that the developers were obviously completely aware of the clipping issue because if you look at the news post about the event the character they have modeling the cape isn't wearing any armor , only shirt and pants therefore alleviating the clipping issues .

Edit - Managed to blag Admin rights on a computer in the office so I could download the game to grab this screenie - the only thing epic about the cape is the epic clipping -.- -

clippertyclipclapclop_zps32113916.jpg
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    if you look at the news post about the event the character they have modeling the cape isn't wearing any armor , only shirt and pants therefore alleviating the clipping issues .

Haha, tricky devs.
    About the event, yes it's weird to have to kill stuff to trigger a God challenge that tells you to kill stuff. Always this "kill ten rats" syndrom.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Worst Event Ever - Drop ratio is silly rewards are silly everything is silly

Other global events like Tymora's Gift event was WAY BETTER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really uninspiring event. We just came off a great event with the skirmish (bookoo props Cryptic!), and now end up with this circus event.

Jump through some hoops and Ill maybe give you a cookie. Ill be avoiding this like I avoid the lock boxes when they drop.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    ddaaffttddaafftt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For those having issues with the crafting challenge:

I was able to finish it (the only time I got it) with the rank-one Leadership quest. Just send them out with some porridge, all is good.

Cape clipping was minimal on my Male Wood Elf Rogue, would assume it's better/worse depending on specific character model.

Out of the ~10 bags I opened, got one cape on the second bag, the invocation gift on my fourth, and the rest were pots and enchants.

As someone said earlier, it breaks up the monotony of doing Campaign dailies, but it really isn't worth staying logged in just to grind challenges. Nice change of pace, but not really worthwhile overall.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ddaafftt wrote: »

I was able to finish it (the only time I got it) with the rank-one Leadership quest. Just send them out with some porridge, all is good.
    I chose that task as well, but couldn't got the challenge completed.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

I chose that task as well, but still couldn't get the challenge completed.
  • Options
    mestremaxmestremax Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2014
    Really the event seems to be a total lack of creativity. Do boring things to win prizes bad, there seems something that someone with minimal intelligence would.

Events like this IMAGE where you have to collect certain items to progress the event and earn rewards as you progress through the event is in my opinion something that pleases players.
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I actually got this quest my second time encountering it. I did the rank one Leadership with porridge with 3 Heros (done in 18 minutes) and got Nada. Did anyone else encounter this?
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    sinic32sinic32 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    this by FAR is one of the worst events i have ever seen on any mmo i have ever played. The rewards suck for the most part, nothing exciting to look forward to, I completed all task and found real that most are not worth even completing. why in the hell would you make different diety challenges, yet all dietys give the same gift box. Whith that kind of thinking how is this game even still up and running? Hell give me a job ill replace the person that comes up with the boring content/events in return mabey more people will play this game.
  • Options
    ddaaffttddaafftt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    I actually got this quest my second time encountering it. I did the rank one Leadership with porridge with 3 Heros (done in 18 minutes) and got Nada. Did anyone else encounter this?

Well hells. And here I thought I was gonna be helpful. :(
  • Options
    dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Have gotten this crafting challenges a few ties. Currently out of my 5 Characters, I only have one character I am doing professions on. (Rest of them I stopped after having three profession slots opened, but that's not really necc.) I get the challenge, and run three level 1 alchemy, gathering wood (5min). max time it takes is 15 min if you run at a time. If you have higher ranked people, it takes less than 5 min per. My characters that are not doing professions at all Still takes 5 min.

The introduction by the 'vendor' in PE states that all characters may NOT be able to do all of challenges.

The rewards I could care less, nice to get free potions and RP, those are always good to have and can never have to many of them.

For the potion challenge, it does not state what level of potion, so i bought some of the minor potion of healing, very cheap, and it satisfies the challenge just fine. battle trash mob, heal during, then before killing them all, dont heal, after killing them all heal again, rinse repeat.
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
This discussion has been closed.