test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Event: Challenge of the Gods (Ended, was for PC)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited April 2015 in News & Announcements
Get ready for your next challenge in Neverwinter! The Challenge of the Gods Event begins today starting at 10 A.M. PST (Pacific)!

To learn more about the event, including the rewards, click here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1090841
Invocation Gift clarification:
The Invocation Gift will give you you an additional Ardent Coin and it's only possible to get one Invocation Gift every day.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Invocation Gift When opened, this item resets the cooldown on Invocation and grants you an Ardent Coin*.
    *: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.

aha, now i think i understand it, so unlimted gifts and only open 1 each day because you won`t get a 3rd coin.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can any 1 answer me how much A Coins will i get daily now ? as far as i understood from news i get 2 each day

1 from my daily invocations
    1 from new box each day

am i right ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited February 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    Can any 1 answer me how much A Coins will i get daily now ? as far as i understood from news i get 2 each day

1 from my daily invocations
    1 from new box each day

am i right ?

I believe that is how it will work. If that changes in anyway we will update the blog post and this thread as well.

Thanks!

Dwight
  • Options
    dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    (edit: saw post right above after I had already posted this)

It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.

The wording makes it sound like it is just the one, like always, that you can get per day.
    It's just that now, you can get it by praying OR you can get it sooner by getting a box.
    That's what it looks like, but know of knowing w/o some kind of confirmation from a DEV.
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Most of the tasks seem to be kill tasks; isn't that kind of discriminating against DCs? A high gear score DC can kill decently enough, but a fresh 60 DC is absolutely terrible at killing anything in a reasonable time frame, and it said the tasks are timed?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The less than 50% health one will also be tough for those with high LS. :)
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think an update to the news post to say "one BONUS coin per day" would be a good clarification, if that is indeed how it will work.

Also, there's an error in the news post regarding the divine injury kits, as I believe they provide injury immunity for ten minutes, not ten seconds.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    The less than 50% health one will also be tough for those with high LS. :)

Strip off and kill in the nude xD
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Strip off and kill in the nude xD

Great idea!
  • Options
    ddaaffttddaafftt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd just find some daily mobs and let them gang up on me for about five minutes. They wear down my health pretty slowly, it's STAYING below 50% with life steal and regen that will be the problem for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    (edit: saw post right above after I had already posted this)

It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.

The wording makes it sound like it is just the one, like always, that you can get per day.
    It's just that now, you can get it by praying OR you can get it sooner by getting a box.
    That's what it looks like, but know of knowing w/o some kind of confirmation from a DEV.

need to read the line where the * thing is behind also.
    quoted in 2nd message

unlimited invoke gifts
    as far as you can get a hold of them.
    then just open 1 each day, forever. if you have that many :D
  • Options
    leogurrleogurr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For Selune, what is considered 5 "tough foes"??
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    need to read the line where the * thing is behind also.
    quoted in 2nd message

unlimited invoke gifts
    as far as you can get a hold of them.
    then just open 1 each day, forever. if you have that many :D
    That's assuming more than one will even drop a day.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ddaafftt wrote: »
    That's assuming more than one will even drop a day.

well you need to complete a challenge when it drops, and of each challenge you`ll get a gift of the gods, which can contain the invoke gift.
    all depends on how much of those challenges you can farm i think.
    which seem to be unlimited, like previous events of this kind.

o yes, and it has some sort of cooldown, can`t pull 50 mobs and a pile of challenges drop from it.
    or a cap of 2 each minute or something :D
  • Options
    thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can't even play now. As it was patching, it got to at least 38% and then it says: "Mirroring 1: nvtt.dll". Then it says: "Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 8." It just keeps looping.

*EDIT* I just noticed in task manager there are 3 items called "crypticerror.exe*32". Two have "crypticerror.exe.deleteme" in the description.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    well you need to complete a challenge when it drops, and of each challenge you`ll get a gift of the gods, which can contain the invoke gift.
    all depends on how much of those challenges you can farm i think.
    which seem to be unlimited, like previous events of this kind.

o yes, and it has some sort of cooldown, can`t pull 50 mobs and a pile of challenges drop from it.
    or a cap of 2 each minute or something :D
    What I mean is, they may lock the Invoke Gift. Like, make it a unique item. Then you can only have one at a time.
  • Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think an update to the news post to say "one BONUS coin per day" would be a good clarification, if that is indeed how it will work.

agree. also i have killed around 50 mobs and nothing so either bad RNG or not quite as common as i had hoped

edit: was RNG. have been getting them about every 15-20ish kills now

edit: after 10 gifts, i have a bunch of potions and enchantments
  • Options
    vartloccurvartloccur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What does Moradin's "Complete 3 crafting tasks in 20 Minutes" mean exactly? Does this mean "start and finish", "receive rewards", "complete any task in 20 minutes 3 times"?
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it just me or is "Challenge of the Gods" extremely lame?

How can anyone think its fun to jump around and kill "one hit" adds to get boring challenges(?) that gives kinda lame rewards?

"Challenge of the Gods" sounded like we would get something challenging and fight bosses or something in a arena for a reward. Like a gladiator or something.

"Use 10 pots in 3 minutes" - I used 10 pots and got 2 in reward. Thx for that!
    - Is tha the challenge the Gods could come up with? Are the Gods like 3 years old?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    oriyellow8oriyellow8 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    challenge of the lol ( cant use harsh ward in forum). lol i was waiting for "gift of tymora" kind of challenge- with some ad loot and stuff. but this...its like kinder garden assignments - who..what ...where .. dont have anything more to say.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Worst. Event. Ever.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    I'm going to clarify the Invocation Gift in the first post so please refer to that.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can you have multiple challenges active at the same time? For example: the crafting task takes possibly the longest time out of them all, so would it be possible to obtain another challenge while waiting for the profession one to finish?
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had some hopes for this event. But it seems to be fluff, and rather expensive fluff at that.

Complete the quest and obtain a lockbox.

Lockbox may contain:

a cloak which looks alright I guess.

Invocation bonus which gives a bonus ardent coin. Guide says more than one coin a day is unintended. I am confused, does that mean using this item itself causes an unintended accumulation?

an ok dye

other junk

So no companion, and again the lockbox mechanic so you have to pay zen for any chance at any of this stuff.

Basically what this boils down to is a CHANCE to get an extra ardent coin, if you pay zen. And even that has the added caveat that this is unintended?
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I dont know about that, getting the Challenge of Sylv(filter-pwned) was highly amusing.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    First i was like wow! these challenges sound cool! Then I looked at the rewards. Seriously, cloak is the best reward? Dyes already exist in the game (terrible looking btw).
    Invocation Gift – When opened, this item resets the cooldown on Invocation and grants you an Ardent Coin*.
    *: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.
    So this is basically Ctrl+I outside of campfire?
    Lame.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    yeah havent even logged in yet but when i read the **** event was sooo disapointed.

was hoping to get something fun to do this weekend as im getting kinda bored lately with basically just doing vt/cn and dd + few sharandar/dreadring dailies with the last toon that still doesnt have them or the complete t2.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited February 2014
    ...The cape looks dope tho xD
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Oh wow, I thought it was going to be good for boosting my Ardent coin pool, but if it's not set up to be able to cash them in on top of your daily invoking, that's pointless and I got the cloak on my first challenge (use ten encounter powers, in combat, within three minutes).
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No way, it has to be a box you can open without a key.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.