test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Event: Challenge of the Gods (Ended, was for PC)

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    lol yep, 2 rank 4 enchants - EPIC!!!!111

Hey... it's the same level of reward you can get with your adamantine gauntlet, so I guess that is supposed to be pretty impressive.

IRT thread
    This sounds like an event that adds a few extra goodies on top of your normal levelling and/or campaigning. Maybe I'm just showing my age, but an event that adds a little bit of flavour to the game for a while but really doesn't encourage 24/7 grinding is refreshing to me.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ill sum it all down this event totally sucks compared to others this is the worst, very bad loot not enough good loot for me to even attempt it anymore. 2 hours and absolute garbage im jut saying. Nice try cryptic but please don't make a terrible event like this again :(
    Edit: It's only good if you have nothing else to do but that's all.
    It sounds better than the last event "Storming the Keep" where I spent the entire weekend running the event day and night but only got 1 companion from it. I was hoping for 4, 1 per character.

Can someone post the stats on this "Celestial Mantle"? I'm not going to waste my time on a useless mantle. If it's worth the effort I'll do it otherwise I'll just continue doing the Star Trek Online events.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    might want to recheck that ardent coin thing, someone telling he had 2 already today.

if it`s true and maybe bugged the event should be take down soon as possible.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is a nice little event. It is not bot friendly which is a plus and not every event needs a companion/mount as a reward. There is a good variety of challenges, which is good.

I very much like that achievements were included for this. More of the smaller events need achievements and maybe some titles to go with them (which this is lacking).

My only complaint is that the challenges seem to take to long to drop. Spend too much time waiting for the next one.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    krowsys wrote: »
    Can someone post the stats on this "Celestial Mantle"? I'm not going to waste my time on a useless mantle. If it's worth the effort I'll do it otherwise I'll just continue doing the Star Trek Online events.

Free transmute item. It has whatever stats you want it to.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, I've been doing this for a bit now, got quite a bit of the giftboxes, estimate around 20ish or so. Got nothing but enchants, enchants, enchants, OH HEY 2 invocation gifts!! ..woohoo. Oh and two dye packs. My guild leader opened 31 giftboxes in a row (AH and gathering them) and got...2 invocation gifts and 1 dye pack, the rest was all enchants and potions. I really think the potions and the enchants should've been left out of there, or at least give us BETTER potions or enchants(rank 5/6+), because as it is now, you can just get most of this stuff from randomly killing people and doing other mundane stuff.

Conclusion: Terrible event. Hardly worth the time. My guild leader got lucky with one of his characters to get the mantle but I haven't seen anyone else in my guild get it yet.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got the cloak a few minutes ago. It's nice enough -- looks better in-game than it does in the character sheet display -- but, honestly, it's a bit on the "warm & pastel" side, for a Selune-worshipper. I figured it might turn black, or at least a very dark blue, but no: it's sort of a pale yellow-&-brown affair. Looks relatively good with my tribal lizardfolk armor, but still ....

Ah, what the heck, it was free ;)
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I got the cloak a few minutes ago. It's nice enough -- looks better in-game than it does in the character sheet display -- but, honestly, it's a bit on the "warm & pastel" side, for a Selune-worshipper. I figured it might turn black, or at least a very dark blue, but no: it's sort of a pale yellow-&-brown affair. Looks relatively good with my tribal lizardfolk armor, but still ....

Did you try dying it? Some things that look bad look amazing with dye
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flayedawg wrote: »

You can always dye it. Check the auction house for (relatively) cheap singles of Zen-shop dyepacks or the even cheaper Alchemy-crafted dyepacks and see if there's one you like. Sounds to me like the Ethereal Skies dyepack, Moon Shadow dyepack, or Control Wizard dyepack would be to your liking. The wiki has sample images of all but one dyepack in the game.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dye
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    Sounds to me like the Ethereal Skies dyepack, Moon Shadow dyepack, or Control Wizard dyepack would be to your liking

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check those out :)
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the mechanics of the event, the challenges are a good idea and I think they are well executed.

However, the rewards are poor. I don't mind the dye pack, don't give a flip about the cloak (the clipping of all cloaks in NWO makes me *always* turn off the visuals), I don't care a bit about the "invocation" reward and I get enchants from normal adventuring.

I do like the injury packs, but I should be able to buy all that I need on the AH.

In short: I like the way we get the rewards, but I don't like the majority of the rewards that we can get. I will not be doing a lot of these challenges, and that makes me a little sad.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    TL;DR

Event cool.
    Event feels individualized.
    Event rewards are worse than just killing random mobs for the same amount of time vested.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Merged all event threads into this one. Please keep your feedback to this thread. Thanks!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    manco111manco111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    I like the mechanics of the event, the challenges are a good idea and I think they are well executed.

However, the rewards are poor. I don't mind the dye pack, don't give a flip about the cloak, etc.

This is exactly how I view the event, I just wouldn't say I'm a little sad, more like bummed out.
  • Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i've opened about 40 gifts, i got a ton of enchants and potions, 1 dye pack, 1 elixir, 4 kits, and only one invocation gift. not complaining but definitely dissuades me from wanting to farm it.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Complete the quest and obtain a lockbox.

Just to correct that single point: it isn't a lockbox, just a plain old box. No keys, no Zen required. I've opened a dozen so far today.
  • Options
    heidid91heidid91 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    So no companion, and again the lockbox mechanic so you have to pay zen for any chance at any of this stuff.

Although it looks like a lockbox, it doesn't require a key to open. so that's better than anticipated, at least.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -- William Arthur Ward
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i've opened about 40 gifts, i got a ton of enchants and potions, 1 dye pack, 1 elixir, 4 kits, and only one invocation gift. not complaining but definitely dissuades me from wanting to farm it.

a ton means 100.000 where i come from, in money value then.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can anybody get drops in parties or have they still not fixed that?

It's really annoying that the event doesn't smoothly integrates in what you are normally doing. Especially with this set of rewards...

Speaks volumes that the event lockbox is going for 3k at the first day of the event, no other has started that low.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ejziponken wrote: »
    Is it just me or is "Challenge of the Gods" extremely lame?

How can anyone think its fun to jump around and kill "one hit" adds to get boring challenges(?) that gives kinda lame rewards?

"Challenge of the Gods" sounded like we would get something challenging and fight bosses or something in a arena for a reward. Like a gladiator or something.

"Use 10 pots in 3 minutes" - I used 10 pots and got 2 in reward. Thx for that!
    - Is tha the challenge the Gods could come up with? Are the Gods like 3 years old?

100 % this 100 %
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    whoops, double post, sry.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lol, I just made about 50k ad in half an hour farming those gifts, literally, they were selling faster than I could post them at auction. Off topic, but today's been a record breaker, over 100k ad. The gods are indeed smiling.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rewards are low. I understand the need for a filler but there's only ONE good thing in these gifts, it's the ardent coins, and we can't even farm it. Potions are mostly vendor trash, there are quicker ways to get rank 3-4 enchantments and runes (bad filler, again), and, last, but not least, the challenge quests droprates is extremely low. You have to kill **** for at least 5 minutes to get one. Thanks, but no thanks.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It took me a little over an hour to get 40 boxes and i'll just hang on to them i guess
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sirjesto wrote: »
    It took me a little over an hour to get 40 boxes and i'll just hang on to them i guess

Price has dropped now, I was selling for 4500-5000ad, but that was an hour or so a go.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited February 2014
    I wonder what is/are the intention(s) of the Devs when coming up with this event:

A) To give all players something different to do during normal questing/playing? Something small, won't distract from questing much, and with insignificant rewards?
    B) Testing out new mechanics (i.e. how the quests and rewards drop)?
    C) Hoping to increase the number of people logging in and staying in game longer?
    D) Just to come out with something, hoping to attract the attention of players who are bored and ready to leave the game?

If they are aiming for A/B, then they might achieve their goal with this event. If they are aiming for C/D...well..please try harder...
  • Options
    everwherebuthereeverwherebuthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vartloccur wrote: »
    What does Moradin's "Complete 3 crafting tasks in 20 Minutes" mean exactly? Does this mean "start and finish", "receive rewards", "complete any task in 20 minutes 3 times"?
    This challenge seems bugged. I tried:

received rewards for 5 Artificing tasks already started and completed <- no credit for any of these
    started and completed and received rewards for 5 new Artificing tasks <- no credit for any of these either

Does changing zones break the challenge? Another partially broken event? Comments?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It was reported in the bug forum that the crafting challenge could not be successfully completed while mounted. Was that your issue?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    opened 18 more, 7 kits, 2 dye packs, the rest enchantments
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited February 2014
    It's a nice little event and I like the idea of different challenges - something different for a change. The drops are a bit hmmm disappointing, but hey... they're like additional "gifts", so I can live with that.

My main gripe is the following: The event announcment says that the quest items would "appear" in one's inventory and one could then accept the quest from there. That's not true. The quest items drop just there where you killed a mob and this might just be at the wrong place to even have a "chance" at fulfilling the quest. That's kind of annoying especially since it was announced otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.