Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Refinement System - Pt. 2

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was to my understanding this new system was supposed to help with bag space (well one of the reasons) But why create new items to take place of all the enchants we needed to hold? Haven't tested it out very much, but I can say I'm not too happy about having to hold extra <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now inplace of the enchants themselves.
  • Options
    crimsonangel90crimsonangel90 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dodgo wrote: »
    nothing greater about it. can everyone please let me kill them in pvp in a few hrs after work before y'all rage quit the game? :P

uhm what?I'm talking about the rather sadistic introduction of a catalyst costing 100k AD,like coalescent wards from the old times.Now we got to pay for both coalescents and marks.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    uhm what?I'm talking about the rather sadistic introduction of a catalyst costing 100k AD,like coalescent wards from the old times.Now we got to pay for both coalescents and marks.

It was a play on wards... i was basically saying they should be called annoying marks of power or somesuch.... :P
  • Options
    toxicdeathxtoxicdeathx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Tried the new system I hate it also its too complicated. I used to have fun making enchants but now I won't even bother. im better off doing T2's for epics and then buying enchants I need but enchants were a good way of making AD's but that's not happening anymore.
  • Options
    artaxdarkmaneartaxdarkmane Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So far not seeing the drop rate I would like for reagents.
    Wondrous Bazaar should allow you to buy stacks of them and not just one at a time.
    You shouldn't have to close the refinement window to remove enchants from refine slots.
    It now costs us a lot more Astral Diamonds to upgrade the basic enchants, reagents plus wards. I really don't like that aspect at all. It's a massively money soaking system you guys have set up, and the trend says it won't be long before the "pay-to-win" is obvious to everyone.
    The Buried Temple
    NW-DAZ2F74LW
  • Options
    crimsonangel90crimsonangel90 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    oh k got it now :3 anyway pay to win is nothing I like.Almost gave up on the game yesterday.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you think about it from a new players standpoint it's better because it only costs 65 copper at level 20 to remove it so you can take the same enchantments with you from level * to level 60 and then have a goal of upgrading them after that.
    Dang these people and their instant gratification <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have 3 Peridots. Just got another from the prayer chest.
    The new one is exactly the same, BUT DOES NOT STACK.

Pleeeeease tell me that this a bug that you're fixing, and not
    a continuation of this horrible space-hogging system!!!!

I mean you're not making things into stacks of THREE, right? ...right? :/
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bound items don't stack with unbound items. Never have.

Why are you even keeping peridots? Refine something with them. They give the exact same amount of points no matter what you put them into.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    crystylcrystyl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by graalx3 View Post

We have spent a lot of effort into making the experience of slotting, improving and unslotting Enchantments and Runestones much more enjoyable, totally reworking the entire system.

In what freaking universe did the inhabitants find this more enjoyable?
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This new refine system is insane, is bad, very very bad.

Its too expensive for both new players and veterans. (try to say it is not)

We need to collect many mooooore enchantments only to improve one.

And spend many more astral diamonds for all those reagents and upgrades..

I dont like it, please take back the old system.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    When using enchantments to upgrade some of the RP get carried into the next lvl of enchantment, making it impossible to stack, so if i want to make several rank7 i need an inventory slot for each of them depending on the number of RP that got carried into it.
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This new refine system is insane, is bad, very very bad.

Its too expensive for both new players and veterans. (try to say it is not)

We need to collect many mooooore enchantments only to improve one.

And spend many more astral diamonds for all those reagents and upgrades..

I dont like it, please take back the old system.
    it's weird that I could craft my Rank 8s into 9s so easily and cheap too. I reckon you must've taken a wrong approach somewhere.

a quick check in the AH shows that high level enchants had their prices dropped a lot. how do you think that happened? LOL
  • Options
    clidal2002clidal2002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    can someone explain to me why this system is better than the other?, other than the fact that now it just takes copper silver or gold to unslot an enchantment....it seems that now it takes 2 more enchantments to make a better one, and also now instead of just having to have 4 of the same it now requires a total of 6 enchantments and runes of green blue or purple as well as one more enchantment of the same type once you get it to 7......where as before instead of 9 separate items..it just took 4 of the same...I don't understand how this is better for the players.....it does make it more likely that players have to buy more items to increase the level of enchantment compared to before.....I don't get it, im not trolling I seriously don't understand, can someone please explain why this way is better for the pay'ers....er I mean "players".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Because a new player can slot the enchantments and carry them with them the entire time they are leevling as opposed to getting a R5 into some level 40 gear and not wanting to pay the AD every two levels to unslot it. now they can pay the few silver to take it with them instead of having to fuse the R4s again.

everyone looks at it from just one perspective (what it takes to make) instead of the full perspective (what it takes to make every time you had to remake it when you changed your gear).
    21.jpg
  • Options
    nixxionixxio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    crystyl wrote: »
    Quote Originally Posted by graalx3 View Post

We have spent a lot of effort into making the experience of slotting, improving and unslotting Enchantments and Runestones much more enjoyable, totally reworking the entire rune and enchantment systems.

In what freaking universe did the inhabitants find this more enjoyable?

This poster got it right. In what freaking world did any one find this 'enjoyable'? It's straight up terrible on par with the professions system which REALLY needs help.
  • Options
    nigelcr217nigelcr217 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does one even find the Catalyst, I tried in Epic Dungeons, but the chance of finding such Catalyst is ridiculously small. Also the old players all happen to have R7 while the new players needs to play for months to even get so many. I love the fact we can refine more easily, but the catalyst are just rubbish. Also in Epic Dungeons, IF you manage to wait long enough to even get a good party or queue, when you manage to get to the end after 5 hours in total and find out the epic item is for another class, or when someone just loots it away from you. Please, try to make the boss rewards for every player alone, so we can stop worrying about if we even get the gear. It's also ridicule that it takes me oer 3 hours to queue up for a proper Epic Dungeon. Not to mention getting kicked before the loot.
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    upgrading greys costs 25AD, thats fine,

greens costs 500AD (per reagent) and thats fine

blue being 25k is a little much. try 15K, 20 tops

purple being 100K is massive. the diffrence in statboost isn't anywhere near high enough to warrant that.

this is a baisc enchantment's boost to stats like Critical or Apen.

20 40 65 90 120 150 185 220 260 300

a single rank up adds no more than +35-40 to the stat-boost of each item, so why is the price diffrence between blues and purples so much higher?

if purples have +100-200 to a stat, sure, i can see it, but as it is? you're expecting me to pay something like 300K (plus wards, and not even counting everything I had to smelt down for RP) to go from 220 to 260.

That's not even remotely worth it.

Frankly, I don't like the idea of reagents. they don't drop anywhere near often enough, which means your only choice is to buy them from the WB, which is so overpriced.

You could remove them completely and have failing a refinement set back your RP progress by 25% or something (depending on the level of your enchantment?) it's enough of a setback that wards are still wanted/needed, but not enough that succeeding at the refinement costs almost as much as failing.

also, your refinement/enchantment coffers from the daily coins are now bound for some reason, and so are most of the items inside, which means that the prices on wards have gone up even more.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You could remove them completely .
    And defeat the entire purpose of this system
  • Options
    lawlessone1lawlessone1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We were told that the new system didnt cost AD. The bottom line is that with the catalysists I end up spending way more AD than before. If you are like me you get way more enchantments than you have AD to buy catalysists to upgrade. Running out of vault space fast and as a packrat nothing will turn me off of a game faster than running out of vault space.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We were told that the new system didnt cost AD.
    By who and where? Can you show me? Somehow I doubt that.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    By who and where? Can you show me? Somehow I doubt that.
    The importance of player feedback cannot be understated. Iteration is a huge part of our development cycle, and even though we playtest our new features hundreds of times before they are put onto Preview, major changes still happen after that point. The biggest change that occurred between Preview time and Live time for Shadowmantle came from the Refinement System. After the massive amounts of feedback that we received here, we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement.

Find the most recent time it was said here
    21.jpg
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The "State of the Game" is, in my book, poor. The enchantment system took a step forwards with refinement, but the way it ends up seeming to cost more with these ridiculous 'Marks of Power' etc, is two steps back.

I also hate the way out intelligence is insulted by "we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement". Thanks for small mercies. i.e. in my language "The basic refinement action, if it costed AD, would make us hemorrhage players. So it was obviously never going to cost, but we'll put a positive spin on something that was obvious."

Every step forwards (e.g. refining, winter festival) is accompanied by at least as many steps back (e.g. AD cost, obvious bugs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    The "State of the Game" is, in my book, poor. The enchantment system took a step forwards with refinement, but the way it ends up seeming to cost more with these ridiculous 'Marks of Power' etc, is two steps back.

I also hate the way out intelligence is insulted by "we decided to remove the AD cost of refinement". Thanks for small mercies. i.e. in my language "The basic refinement action, if it costed AD, would make us hemorrhage players. So it was obviously never going to cost, but we'll put a positive spin on something that was obvious."

Every step forwards (e.g. refining, winter festival) is accompanied by at least as many steps back (e.g. AD cost, obvious bugs)

you point is noted, however you only have conjecture to back the claim that PWE tossed in the additional AD cost while they never really intended to go forward with it. how clever it was for them to include the original description of the refinement system as it was presented in the feedback thread (with the additional AD cost) in the patch notes of december 5, only to have to go back and edit it to reflect the change that was made weeks before.

to me, that says the patch notes or at least the descriptions of the changes were written well before shadowmantle hit the preview shard. and that description was not updated for the patch notes. it may not be much, but it's more proof than what you have to offer.

i don't even recall if someone pointed that out in the forums or not, but i do know that we took that directly to the community managers as soon as we saw it.

either way, on the refinement system, everyone has their opinions about it. some think it's a step back, others think it's awesome, but the proof is in the pudding. meaning the only true proof of success or failure lies with internal metrics, not with the vocal minority here in the forums.
  • Options
    jaradieljaradiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They can all be found by game play. Minors come from adventurer reward chests. (And if you run out of those, they cost 25 AD so that isn't a big deal.) The green ones come from chests and skill nodes very commonly. The blues come from dungeons I think and some mission in the dread ring if I remember correctly. Purples are from epic dungeons and dread ring solo dungeons on specific days. As Khimera said, they all list where they drop.

They might be found, but not often enough... I've been level 60 for about a week now and haven't found any better than green. So I agree with Zebular, the cost in AD for blue and purple *Reagents* is far too excessive and must be reduced signicficantly. Unless you make the reward for daily tasks 10 times what they are now.
  • Options
    jaradieljaradiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    ... the only true proof of success or failure lies with internal metrics, not with the vocal minority here in the forums.

Not right at all. The true proof of the success of the system would be an increase in cash deposits for zen while maintaining AD/Zen conversion rate. If AD have gotten more expensive while Zen sales have not increased the new system is an utter failure.
This discussion has been closed.