What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Refinement System - Pt. 2

Comments

• werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dodgo wrote: »
    Thx man! i'll tell me GF (shes actually a DC :P

I got a good laugh outta this. not sure why but it was funny.
    21.jpg
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rowin4010 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the purples you can get from the Dread Ring dailies are [Greater Marks of Power], [Stability], or [Union] - items which are needed for upgrading Artefacts, not enchantments. Enchantments require [Greater Marks of POTENCY]...

Yeah, I know. But you can't buy blue and even green marks to upgrade your artifacts, so this is what I exactly was talking about.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. But you can't buy blue and even green marks to upgrade your artifacts, so this is what I exactly was talking about.
    This is the thread about the Refinement system and is not about Artifacts.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
    edited December 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    This is the thread about the Refinement system and is not about Artifacts.

Artifacts run off the refinement system just like enchantments do.
    21.jpg
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Artifacts run off the refinement system just like enchantments do.
    Basically that is true, but this very thread here is about Enchantments and Runestones (and the new refinement system). Just check the first posting...
    edited December 2013
    Basically that is true, but this very thread here is about Enchantments and Runestones (and the new refinement system). Just check the first posting...

If it still pertains to refinement including artifacts it belongs in this thread.
    drannic wrote: »
    The new Artifact items are also upgraded in rank and quality with this Item Refinement system, if you have feedback or find any bugs not related to the refinement changes, please make the posts in the thread below.

anything Pertaining specifically to artifacts feedback or bugs goes here vvv
    drannic wrote: »
    Artifact System: (Thread)
    21.jpg
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    in the old fuse system, when using a p ward, on success, it doesn't destroy the ward. in the new refinement system, it destroys the ward on success. is this WAI?
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    in the old fuse system, when using a p ward, on success, it doesn't destroy the ward. in the new refinement system, it destroys the ward on success. is this WAI?

Knowing how this game is headed....I would say yes.

My eyes are on the horizon now...such a sad thing.
  • syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Either it's hard to fix, or they never changed the tooltip. Either way, it's been reported on both of the refinement system threads in red as they asked, so they've known about it for some time.

Also there's another refinement bug for which I never saw a fix. If you slot an enchant without committing it (pressing the Enchant button) you are still allowed to start the refinement process. At the end of refining, it will tell you that your changes aren't committed, and it reverts the item back to what was originally slotted and all items used to refine/upgrade are lost. Can you imagine missing that one step on R7+? At least one person other than myself has reported this one on the thread and in game
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
    edited December 2013
    From the current patch notes. I hope it is just an overlook by the guy, who wrote the patch notes:
    Enchantment and Runestone Item Refinement
    [...] Upgrading has an Astral Diamond cost associated with it now, which is based on the Rank of the Enchant/Runestone. [...]
    Can someone, after the Live server is back online, confirm that?
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wth, they snuck the AD cost back in, on patchday? This is erm... not good?

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    From the current patch notes. I hope it is just an overlook by the guy, who wrote the patch notes: Can someone, after the Live server is back online, confirm that?
    Wth, they snuck the AD cost back in, on patchday? This is erm... not good?
    . . . . . Let's not go all conspiracy theory crazy now folks... This reads to me as though a sentence was not updated in a previously written paragraph... Let's do wait to gather the pitchforks and torches until we get clarification, m'kay?
    edited December 2013
    @zebular, yes, it does read like an overlook, but as I'm still at work--and will be vor the next 4 hours approximately--I even cannot verify it, after the server are back online :(
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    @zebular, yes, it does read like an overlook, but as I'm still at work--and will be vor the next 4 hours approximately--I even cannot verify it, after the server are back online :(
    Here's confirmation that this was a clerical error:
    terramak wrote: »
    zebular wrote: »
    Is this sentence in the "Enchantment and Runestone Item Refinement paragraph left-over from prior to the change on Preview?
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i'm almost positive this is a mistake as this was the original version of the refinement system when it first hit the preview shard at the end of october. the AD cost was removed afterwards and it's been removed on all of the recent patches on the preview shard. i seriously doubt they'd just throw that in there on launch day.
    I'm inclined to agree. That almost sounds word-for-word like the initial introduction to the refinement system.

Thanks, that was left in by mistake. It's been removed from the patch notes.
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Here's confirmation that this was a clerical error:
    Thank you, I just read it myself.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Does anyone tested the PW again or only simple throw out tales? The last time(as i posted the Rp for Feyblessing) the PW wasn't consumed. So who tested this and at which time?!
    edited December 2013
    I never retested after my second bug posting as I didn't want to burn any more of my p wards or delete/recopy just yet. It never ended up in the patch notes as fixed, so I asked about it again. If it's been fixed, then that's great - must have been missed for the patch notes at some point.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bug fixes are hardly ever documented in patch notes. Which, sadly, means you have to keep checking and checking to see if something you've personally reported or noticed has been fixed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited December 2013
    Ahh. I would think that they would at least put it into the preview shard patch notes so that testers will know to test it when they think it's fixed, but they do have a QA dept. for that too.

• ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Ahh. I would think that they would at least put it into the preview shard patch notes so that testers will know to test it when they think it's fixed, but they do have a QA dept. for that too.

Threatening Rush AP gain was fixed in PTS. But nothing mentioned in the PTS Patchnotes. Cultist Slayer III was as achievement bugged and not given. A patch fix it. Not mentioned. So don't believe that all is mentioned.
  • kenlee514kenlee514 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This new system is horrible. Give us a special bag just for enchant that doesn't use our bag space. Problem solved. Oh, and also auto enchant + increase the speed per enchant. Problem solved.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The lesser Fey Blessing enchantments require the same amount of points as a rank 8 enchantment AND a greater mark to upgrade.

This is ridiculous.
  • crimsonangel90crimsonangel90 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    all hail the greater mark,also called extra coalescent ward.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    all hail the greater mark,also called extra coalescent ward.
    nothing greater about it. can everyone please let me kill them in pvp in a few hrs after work before y'all rage quit the game? :P
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was to my understanding this new system was supposed to help with bag space (well one of the reasons) But why create new items to take place of all the enchants we needed to hold? Haven't tested it out very much, but I can say I'm not too happy about having to hold extra <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now inplace of the enchants themselves.
    edited December 2013
    dodgo wrote: »
    nothing greater about it. can everyone please let me kill them in pvp in a few hrs after work before y'all rage quit the game? :P

uhm what?I'm talking about the rather sadistic introduction of a catalyst costing 100k AD,like coalescent wards from the old times.Now we got to pay for both coalescents and marks.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    uhm what?I'm talking about the rather sadistic introduction of a catalyst costing 100k AD,like coalescent wards from the old times.Now we got to pay for both coalescents and marks.

It was a play on wards... i was basically saying they should be called annoying marks of power or somesuch.... :P
  • toxicdeathxtoxicdeathx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Tried the new system I hate it also its too complicated. I used to have fun making enchants but now I won't even bother. im better off doing T2's for epics and then buying enchants I need but enchants were a good way of making AD's but that's not happening anymore.
  • artaxdarkmaneartaxdarkmane Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So far not seeing the drop rate I would like for reagents.
    Wondrous Bazaar should allow you to buy stacks of them and not just one at a time.
    You shouldn't have to close the refinement window to remove enchants from refine slots.
    It now costs us a lot more Astral Diamonds to upgrade the basic enchants, reagents plus wards. I really don't like that aspect at all. It's a massively money soaking system you guys have set up, and the trend says it won't be long before the "pay-to-win" is obvious to everyone.
    The Buried Temple
    NW-DAZ2F74LW
    edited December 2013
    oh k got it now :3 anyway pay to win is nothing I like.Almost gave up on the game yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.